PDA

View Full Version : Stokes - No awards!

Westie1875
07-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Stokes has missed out on the last YPOTY award, apparently Danny Wilson has won the writers award.

How ridiculous is it that a 21 year old who has scored 23 goals and could end up as the spl top scorer for the season has missed out on these awards to a guy who has played only a handful of games for the huns and a guy who has scored only 12 goals for the Arabs? Pathetic! :bitchy:

CallumHibs07
07-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Tbf I think Stokes has been pish this season. He's scored goals but done nothing else.

Westie1875
07-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Tbf I think Stokes has been pish this season. He's scored goals but done nothing else.

He is a striker, scoring goals is his job.

PISTOL1875
Stokes has missed out on the last YPOTY award, apparently Danny Wilson has won the writers award.

How ridiculous is it that a 21 year old who has scored 23 goals and could end up as the spl top scorer for the season has missed out on these awards to a guy who has played only a handful of games for the huns and a guy who has scored only 12 goals for the Arabs? Pathetic! :bitchy:

This is for the simple reason that the '' people '' who voted for DW are all Huns.. By awarding him this , his value will rise so Rangers will receive more cash for him when they punt him....

Removed

:faf:

If I was you I'd delete that

seanraff07
07-05-2010, 07:40 PM

I couldn't care less if he doesn't do much apart from score 21+ goals a season in the league.

Perspective
07-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Heard one of the pundits say that the Writers' version now has to be someone who qualifies to play for Scotland, so that rules out Stokes.

Wilson is a fantastic prospect. I don't think people on here should let his club side cloud their judgement of him.

Saying all that, Stokes has been great for a first season. He's looking fitter now and working harder. Give him a proper, physical target man, and get the rest of the team to play the ball on the deck more often, and we'll see more of the same next season.

Removed
07-05-2010, 07:43 PM
I couldn't care less if he doesn't do much apart from score 21+ goals a season in the league.

:agree:

Yogi won't agree though

CallumHibs07
07-05-2010, 07:44 PM

Well I could. He doesnt look like he cares when he plays and is not the right attitude we need.

Removed
07-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Well I could. He doesnt look like he cares when he plays and is not the right attitude we need.

Admins, another one for the loony bin :crazy:

seanraff07
07-05-2010, 07:50 PM

I couldn't, does Riordan work much more than Stokes does in a match?

bighairyfaeleith
07-05-2010, 07:51 PM

:faf: we get some beauties on this site. Give me a goalscorer up front ahead of, well whatever else you are thinking of anyday. What the **** do you want him to be doing other than scoring goals????

He's a ****ing striker :faf:

Bayern Bru
07-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Riordan and Stokes are capable of scoring about 40 goals a season between them. They alone have been the difference in ensuring that we're in the top 6.

Whether they have the right attitude is debatable, but they could dress in maroon clown costumes for all I care if they were to rack up that many goals between them.

bighairyfaeleith
07-05-2010, 07:53 PM

yeah lets sign 11 rankins, that'll fix us. Come on yogi, that is your name isnt it?, give us a break!!

Dunbar Hibee
07-05-2010, 07:55 PM
yeah lets sign 11 rankins, that'll fix us. Come on yogi, that is your name isnt it?, give us a break!!

Hiy, leave JR out of it :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
07-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Hiy, leave JR out of it :greengrin

ok 11 nish's then (**** he just scored a hat trick:greengrin)

ronaldo7
07-05-2010, 07:58 PM

You'll prefer the Nade type of striker then:bitchy:

CallumHibs07
07-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I couldn't, does Riordan work much more than Stokes does in a match?
Yes. MUCH more

seanraff07
07-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Yes. MUCH more

How?

I haven't noticed it much but the only reason i can asume him working harder is cause he's playing in midfield.

johnrebus
07-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Heard one of the pundits say that the Writers' version now has to be someone who qualifies to play for Scotland, so that rules out Stokes.

Wilson is a fantastic prospect. I don't think people on here should let his club side cloud their judgement of him.

Saying all that, Stokes has been great for a first season. He's looking fitter now and working harder. Give him a proper, physical target man, and get the rest of the team to play the ball on the deck more often, and we'll see more of the same next season.

Cloud my judgement because he's a Hun?

Too ****ing right it clouds my judgement!

If Stokes had scored fifty goals it would have made no difference, the media loves a Hun to win everything and that will never change. Auld Hun (Smith), young Hun (Wilson) and middle aged Hun (Weir)

Pathetic.

:grr:

At The Edge
07-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Riordan and Stokes are capable of scoring about 40 goals a season between them. They alone have been the difference in ensuring that we're in the top 6.

Whether they have the right attitude is debatable, but they could dress in maroon clown costumes for all I care if they were to rack up that many goals between them.

Cannie see them signing for Hertz in the close season :faf:

I'll get me coat....:tumble:

Jones28
07-05-2010, 08:49 PM

:worms:

Gala Foxes
07-05-2010, 09:01 PM
good goalscorer - never a team player, doesnt give a f?VK about Hibs and I wish he had been subbed at Fir Park instead of Deek - Stokes memorial at Hibs " just passing through" looking after Number 1

Phil D. Rolls
07-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Maybe the panel listened to the positive things that people on Hibs.net have had to say about Anthony. :dunno:

Bostonhibby
07-05-2010, 09:10 PM

:confused: Is it because Wilson is a hun who has had a bit of exposure iin the ******? there have been a few wonder kids in a similar vein in the past, Bob Malcolm, Fleck :blah::blah:

Judas Iscariot
07-05-2010, 09:19 PM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AmAtApKCtJwteCM%3A%3Acitizenx.org%2F 2006%2F01%2F&t=1&usg=AFrqEzcnmQd_2m6kJ8iIPpH1a5Np5_2M1Q

Best

Ever.

Perspective
08-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Cloud my judgement because he's a Hun?

Too ****ing right it clouds my judgement!

If Stokes had scored fifty goals it would have made no difference, the media loves a Hun to win everything and that will never change. Auld Hun (Smith), young Hun (Wilson) and middle aged Hun (Weir)

Pathetic.

:grr:

It would have made no difference because Stokes doesn't qualify to play for the Scottish national team. Therefore, under the new rules, he can't win the award.

Also, judging by the recent winners we haven't done too badly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SFWA_Young_Player_of_the_Year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SFWA_Young_Player_of_the_Year)

RoscoHibby
08-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I kinda have to agree with the guy thats saying Stokes has been pish. I'll grant you he has got a great number of goals this season(and thank fck aswell!), but since he scored that topper at ibrox, he has hardly kicked his own erse. When did anyone last leave a match thinking " stokesy played really well " Think was about aberdeen away in Dec. Never a player of a season contender, not in a millon years.

PeterboroHibee
08-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Cant believe people are criticising Stokes, so what if he doesnt do as much work, there are 9 other players to do that, if hes there to put it in the back of the net thats good enough for me.

You ignore the Rangers strikers in the SPL, the next closest is Daly on 13. We tighten up the defence and midfield and we have a strike force that is better than nearly everyone else in the league (apart from maybe Rangers).

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-05-2010, 03:51 PM

Doesn't Wilson come from Northern Ireland??

Bayern Bru
08-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Doesn't Wilson come from Northern Ireland??

Born and bred Livingston.

You may be thinking of Danny Wilson the Swindon manager who is Norn Irish.

Judas Iscariot
08-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Born and bred Livingston.

You may be thinking of Danny Wilson the Swindon manager who is Norn Irish.

Ahh whatever..

They're both Hun ***** anyway :agree:

Cameron1875
08-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I dont really like stokes footballing style as he just seems to stand up front and moan. He plays similar to Boyd and if he worked harder on some aspects of his game then he could be really good.

But think about some of the moments he's given us this year. Ibrox goal, equaliser against hearts, won us the game up in aberdeen. Even if i dont like him as a footballer, give me a goalscorer over someone who covers every blade of grass everytime.

If stokes worked as hard as people like rankin and scored 23 goals i dont think he would be at hibs anyway.

Bayern Bru
08-05-2010, 04:36 PM
I dont really like stokes footballing style as he just seems to stand up front and moan. He plays similar to Boyd and if he worked harder on some aspects of his game then he could be really good.

But think about some of the moments he's given us this year. Ibrox goal, equaliser against hearts, won us the game up in aberdeen. Even if i dont like him as a footballer, give me a goalscorer over someone who covers every blade of grass everytime.

If stokes worked as hard as people like rankin and scored 23 goals i dont think he would be at hibs anyway.

Undoubtedly. We are able to sign players like Stokes and Miller because there's obviously a flaw to their game which means they can't or didn't make it at the top level. See Miller at Man Utd and Stokes at Sunderland for examples. However, Hibs can often get the best out of a player so it works both ways. Thinking back to Latapy and Sauzee, critics reckoned they were finished when they came to Hibs, and they clearly weren't. We will continue, for the foreseeable future, to sign players who haven't quite made it elsewhere, or bring through youth players because we simply can't afford players who play in, say, La Liga, or Serie A or Ligue 1, that sort of calibre of player is just beyond our wage structure and transfer budget.

Steve20
08-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Anyone who thinks Stokes has been pish knows **** all. IMO

marinello59
08-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Anyone who thinks Stokes has been pish knows **** all. IMO

Have you forgotten that this is hibs.net where in recent years Riordan and Fletcher have both been dismissed as over rated wastes of space. Just as well we have no chance of signing that short arsed over hyped chancer Messi.:greengrin

HibbyKeith
08-05-2010, 07:02 PM

The player you seem to want will never be a hibs player, we simply couldn't afford him!

on the other hand, Anthony stokes plays for hibs and is hired to put the ball in the back of the net, a job he has done on 23 occasions this season. i for one find the "Tbf I think Stokes has been pish this season" comment up there with the one of the most rediculous posts in recent weeks.

opinions eh!

GG

TrinityHibs
08-05-2010, 07:24 PM
For what its worth I think Stokes should have been YPOTY but on goals Boyd should have been ahead of Weir and that didnae happen either. What do I know?
To be controversial I thought Webster was the best centre back I saw at ER this year. I know he's a Yam and a Hun but he organised the DU defence and I would have him in a second at Hibs (After a good wash)

sparkiehibs
08-05-2010, 07:38 PM

That is absolute nonsense. Stokes is one of the hardest working guys we have got. We he is off the ball, he is always making runs trying to get into good positions and he chases back a lot more than many other strikers, especially those in our team.

Stokes is one of the first guys on my team sheet each week

Colin Nish was right - our fans arent happy unless they are moaning

Now, I agree that this season has been not good. Even when we were winning, there was serious room for improvement. However, that does not mean that all our players are terrible. It just means that we are a few players short of finding the correct mix. So lets get the positive head on for a change and get behind the team tomorrow because winning or not, they are still OUR TEAM.

Bishop Hibee
08-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Stokes should have got Young Player of the Year.

To score as many goals as Stokes has as a lone striker in a team with no width and pace shows how good he is. The game against Motherwell, for all its many faults, showed that we have the firepower that when players get to the byline and cross the ball into the box frequently we will score. This may seem easy but we've been unable to do it enough this season.

We don't even have a song for him which says a lot about the lack of support for our better players among the fans. A job for the new singing section presuming he is at ER next season.

greenlex
08-05-2010, 08:38 PM
That is absolute nonsense. Stokes is one of the hardest working guys we have got. We he is off the ball, he is always making runs trying to get into good positions and he chases back a lot more than many other strikers, especially those in our team.

Stokes is one of the first guys on my team sheet each week

Colin Nish was right - our fans arent happy unless they are moaning

Now, I agree that this season has been not good. Even when we were winning, there was serious room for improvement. However, that does not mean that all our players are terrible. It just means that we are a few players short of finding the correct mix. So lets get the positive head on for a change and get behind the team tomorrow because winning or not, they are still OUR TEAM.
You sure?:confused: There were lots and lots of fans telling them to GTF on wed night in Motherwell.

sparkiehibs
08-05-2010, 09:52 PM
You sure?:confused: There were lots and lots of fans telling them to GTF on wed night in Motherwell.

Thats exactly my point

How is that goin to help the team before sunday??

Expecting Rain
09-05-2010, 11:27 AM
:faf: we get some beauties on this site. Give me a goalscorer up front ahead of, well whatever else you are thinking of anyday. What the **** do you want him to be doing other than scoring goals????

He's a ****ing striker :faf:

Unfortunately a lot of Hibs fans seem think that way, pretty scary!:rolleyes:

Sandy
09-05-2010, 11:40 AM

And to be honest I think you are sheite at MY JOB :cool2:

scottp1875
09-05-2010, 01:12 PM

unbelievable statement. he works harder than riordan and has scored more goals. you cant be pish and score as many goals as he has.