PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

MrSmith
07-05-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm really disappointed in Hibs!

June 2009 my son and his mum, attended a community gala day in Tranent. He bought a ticket for a raffle, the prize was a signed Hibs football top - he won the prize. David, my son, was absolutely ecstatic and looked forward to receiving the football top. He was told that he would get it one week after the gala finished however, this was not the case!

The development officer who coordinated the event kept 'forgetting' to pick up the football top from the Hibs shop. In December 09, he allegedly went to get the top, however this time the shop had lost it but promised to re-issue and would send Chris Hogg up to present David with it...never happened.

After Christmas I said to my other half I would speak to Hibs myself in order to resolve this so, she should make the development worker, for whom she works, aware that I was going to do this. She did, he promised to sort it all out but, again, nothing happened.

I decided to keep reminding my other half to remind the development worker of this continuing situation. She did and he kept saying the same things: forgotten, shop have lost it etc... Suspicious I was! However the top turned up today almost one year later and it turns out to be the yellow away strip from two seasons ago!!

I haven't told David yet, he will be excited and I'm not being ungrateful but I find this whole thing wrong and considering the amount of time my boy waited, Hibs could have done so much better than they have - Disappointed to say the least!!!! :grr::grr:

Westie1875
07-05-2010, 05:19 PM

June 2009 my son and his mum, attended a community gala day in Tranent. He bought a ticket for a raffle, the prize was a signed Hibs football top - he won the prize. David, my son, was absolutely ecstatic and looked forward to receiving the football top. He was told that he would get it one week after the gala finished however, this was not the case!

The development officer who coordinated the event kept 'forgetting' to pick up the football top from the Hibs shop. In December 09, he allegedly went to get the top, however this time the shop had lost it but promised to re-issue and would send Chris Hogg up to present David with it...never happened.

After Christmas I said to my other half I would speak to Hibs myself in order to resolve this so, she should make the development worker, for whom she works, aware that I was going to do this. She did, he promised to sort it all out but, again, nothing happened.

I decided to keep reminding my other half to remind the development worker of this continuing situation. She did and he kept saying the same things: forgotten, shop have lost it etc... Suspicious I was! However the top turned up today almost one year later and it turns out to be the yellow away strip from two seasons ago!!

I haven't told David yet, he will be excited and I'm not being ungrateful but I find this whole thing wrong and considering the amount of time my boy waited, Hibs could have done so much better than they have - Disappointed to say the least!!!! :grr::grr:

Sounds like its the person who organised this who is to blame, not Hibs.

Badge
07-05-2010, 05:28 PM

I'd be disappointed too. It's things like this that businesses should get right.

Jamesie
07-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Was there ever any guarantee that it was this year's top that was the raffle prize? If not, then it sounds to me the blame lies with the development officer who failed to tell you the full facts? Was the development officer employed by Hibs? If not, I don't really see how Hibs can be held accountable here I'm afraid.

s.a.m
07-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Was it not you who started the Calendar Thread? :greengrin

Edit: I've looked it up, and I've got the wrong Mr.! However...........a new one would take our minds off the fitba:greengrin

Joe's ice cream
07-05-2010, 08:50 PM

Edit: I've looked it up, and I've got the wrong Mr.! However...........a new one would take our minds off the fitba:greengrin

:wink:

Exatly what i was thinking as i read the op, i was thinking calendar thread!!!

MrSmith
07-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Sounds to me that you are a massive removed. twat 1!

Originally Posted by s.a.m http://www.hibs.net/message/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2458392#post2458392)

:wink:

Exatly what i was thinking as i read the op, i was thinking calendar thread!!! removed 2 & 3!

Get ti France ya bunch o removed Jambo indeed! fffff.

I've heard some **** but that takes the biscuit!

I have the strip in my possession and it's ok but looks like it's been through a wash, however I would have expected Hibs to have given last years strip and I will be writing to them.

If the development officer is full of pish - I will be speaking with him!

monktonharp
07-05-2010, 10:56 PM
twat 1!

removed 2 & 3!

Get ti France ya bunch o removed Jambo indeed! fffff.

I've heard some **** but that takes the biscuit!

I have the strip in my possession and it's ok but looks like it's been through a wash, however I would have expected Hibs to have given last years strip and I will be writing to them.

If the development officer is full of pish - I will be speaking with him!all in all,seems like you've had a bad experience with this mate. for Hibs to have "lost " the strip,is unbeleivable and to be given a 2 year old strip,possibly recently washed,well i'd be asking a few queswtions with HFC.................................AND THIS ALLEDGED DEVELOPMENT OFFICER.

Scooter
07-05-2010, 11:02 PM
all in all,seems like you've had a bad experience with this mate. for Hibs to have "lost " the strip,is unbeleivable and to be given a 2 year old strip,possibly recently washed,well i'd be asking a few queswtions with HFC.................................AND THIS ALLEDGED DEVELOPMENT OFFICER.

There's no way hibs would have a yellow top still lying around. It's the development guys that's screwed you over.

If you feel you have to get intouch with hibs I think the new comerical manager is your point of contact.

HibbingtonHibs
08-05-2010, 06:54 AM
This story is proof that they found it nearly impossible to give away that monstrosity of a strip.

cocopops1875
08-05-2010, 08:23 AM
There's no way hibs would have a yellow top still lying around. It's the development guys that's screwed you over.

If you feel you have to get intouch with hibs I think the new comerical manager is your point of contact.

You would be surprised at whats turned up at the shop of late east mains clear our of sporty chicken gear :wink: and the shop still had said yellow effort 3-4 weeks back in limited sizes. Im sure if you knew someone at the shop they could confirm this:greengrin

WeAreHibs
08-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm just back from the shop and they've a small amount of the current home strip in medium and large for £5.99. I bought one for the hell of it. The lad said they'd had some back from EM.

Jay
08-05-2010, 11:39 AM

Feel sorry for the wee boy. To have to wait this long is unacceptable. I feel the development officer may have been telling porkies but even if that is the case I would let someone at Hibs know whats happened and how disappointing it is for the wee boy and I bet they'll come up trumps for him, maybe a shot at the 10 second challenge next season or something.

cocopops1875
08-05-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm just back from the shop and they've a small amount of the current home strip in medium and large for £5.99. I bought one for the hell of it. The lad said they'd had some back from EM.

they have 8 less now :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
08-05-2010, 01:37 PM

i understand your frustration,especially for your son.

i handed in a top after we won in the cup in 2007 and had it back the next day fully signed by the team.i think the development officer needs a kick up the backside.

MrSmith
08-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys appreciate the posts and agree the development felly is gonna get a mouthful! ahem...verbal mouthful that is! ;D

I'll get in touch with the new commercial manager and take it from there.

ta much all

andy