PDA

View Full Version : 1 game to go

cwilliamson85
07-05-2010, 11:27 AM
I know John Hughes is not a favourite on here at the moment but if he was anybody else and was challenging for 4th place / European football and one of his new signings was 1 goal off being the leagues top goal scorer would many people be on his back?

Mind you he has had long enough with being in charge for 1 season:rolleyes:

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Wembley67
07-05-2010, 11:29 AM
I know John Hughes is not a favourite on here at the moment but if he was anybody else and was challenging for 4th place / European football and one of his new signings was 1 goal off being the leagues top goal scorer would many people be on his back?

Mind you he has had long enough with being in charge for 1 season:rolleyes:

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Its the manner of the collapse that has happened in the last half of the season.

Rossco442
07-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Its the manner of the collapse that has happened in the last half of the season.

Whilst I'm not disagreeing with you, wouldn't it be interesting if our season was the other way around?

I mean if we'd started this badly but finished as strongly as we started the season with an unbeaten run for example then Hughes would be seen as a saviour.

Just about in our own hands to finish 4th isn't too bad an outcome which I probably would have taken at the beginning of the season.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2010, 12:09 PM

:confused:

Ell_Chrisso
07-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Regardless of how many of you want to defend Hughes, the lack of form over the past 4 months is an absolute joke. Which no Professional football team should constantly be trying to do the same thing, that is repeatadly NOT working.

The defence, and the Goalkeeper showed the other night, just exactly how you could sum up our season. "peeping too soon!"

An Under 9's team could have defended better than that with a 4 goal lead!!

We have one final game this weekend, to SAVE our season in my opinion, not to make it a sucess.

Yes we have made progress, Yes weve scored more goals, bla blaa.

But no team should allow such a ridiculous slump in form happen over the course of half a season, let alone 2-3 games.

If we had started this way, who is to say that Hughes would'nt have been sacked come Jan??

cwilliamson85
07-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Regardless of how many of you want to defend Hughes, the lack of form over the past 4 months is an absolute joke. Which no Professional football team should constantly be trying to do the same thing, that is repeatadly NOT working.

The defence, and the Goalkeeper showed the other night, just exactly how you could sum up our season. "peeping too soon!"

We have one final game this weekend, to SAVE our season in my opinion, not to make it a sucess.

But no team should allow such a ridiculous slump in form happen over the course of half a season, let alone 2-3 games.
If we had started this way, who is to say that Hughes would'nt have been sacked come Jan??

What should the club do?

Sack the manager during a horrific run and possibly make it worse or stick by there man and review at end of season?

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2010, 03:34 PM

:confused:

Jim44
07-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Whilst I'm not disagreeing with you, wouldn't it be interesting if our season was the other way around?

I mean if we'd started this badly but finished as strongly as we started the season with an unbeaten run for example then Hughes would be seen as a saviour.

Just about in our own hands to finish 4th isn't too bad an outcome which I probably would have taken at the beginning of the season.

That's the problem. When it comes to doing the business in a one-off, must-win situation, Bottlers 'r us, I'm afraid.