PDA

View Full Version : Bamba to Rennes?

Peevemor
07-05-2010, 10:12 AM
According to "foot mercato" Stade Rennais (my 'local' club) are looking to buy Bamba for 2M euros.

Peevemor
07-05-2010, 10:29 AM
PSG too apparently.

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/le-psg-veut-rapatrier-un-ancien-de-la-maison_49122

Zemmama19
07-05-2010, 10:37 AM
His words on friday at a charity event in dunfermline were" Im going to england as soon as i get a good offer thats were the money is" :agree:

Phil MaGlass
07-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Hopefully a bidding war will ensue:thumbsup:

Peevemor
07-05-2010, 10:55 AM
The article also says that Fulham are interested.

Bayern Bru
07-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Scouts at Tannadice on Sunday from the 3 clubs mentioned.

Booked4Being-Ugly
07-05-2010, 11:03 AM
I think we'll need at least 1, maybe 2 imposing CH's in for next season. I just don't think Hogg/Hanlon will work for us after witnessing recent results!

J-C
07-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Scouts at Tannadice on Sunday from the 3 clubs mentioned.

Hopefully that'll see him playing out of his skin and giving a MOM performance. :thumbsup:

Bayern Bru
07-05-2010, 11:06 AM
I think we'll need at least 1, maybe 2 imposing CH's in for next season. I just don't think Hogg/Hanlon will work for us after witnessing recent results!

Agreed. I can't understand why our players don't seem to work on upper body strength. Pretty sure GOC made that a priority and it didn't exactly harm him.

Hopefully that'll see him playing out of his skin and giving a MOM performance. :thumbsup:

Hopefully. We've missed his presence at the back for sure, and I'm near positive that we wouldn't have drawn on Wednesday and might've taken something from Hearts.

J-C
07-05-2010, 11:06 AM

Hanlon's still young and will improve, he needs a strong CB beside him to give him confidence, Hopefully Thocot can be drafted in as it's his natural position.

J-C
07-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Agreed. I can't understand why our players don't seem to work on upper body strength. Pretty sure GOC made that a priority and it didn't exactly harm him.

Hopefully. We've missed his presence at the back for sure, and I'm near positive that we wouldn't have lost on Wednesday and might've taken something from Hearts.

You forgot about the Smith factor and his dodgy keeping.

Bayern Bru
07-05-2010, 11:13 AM
You forgot about the Smith factor and his dodgy keeping.

True enough. Although 'trying to forget' might explain why!
Furthermore, I said that we missed his presence - but it's not a certainty that he'd have been able to clear the ball from that undefended corner for example.
That's one of the problems with Hibs; the complete lack of uncertainty. It'd be great to say 'if Bamba had been playing we'd have won it' but a combination of the other defenders and the goalkeeper render that statement a bit redundant.

:boo hoo:

matty_f
07-05-2010, 11:25 AM

Hopefully. We've missed his presence at the back for sure, and I'm near positive that we wouldn't have lost on Wednesday and might've taken something from Hearts.

We didn't lose on Wednesday.

Booked4Being-Ugly
07-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Hanlon's still young and will improve, he needs a strong CB beside him to give him confidence, Hopefully Thocot can be drafted in as it's his natural position.I agree with you mate, i just feel he may have been thrown in the deep end too quickly.

Bayern Bru
07-05-2010, 11:40 AM
We didn't lose on Wednesday.

:embarrass

Just goes to show how much it felt like a loss!

Franck is God
07-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Bamba is heading for the Premiership so could only see a top French side being a temptation for him. For all Renne are a decent team its not much of a move up from Hibs.

Bayern Bru
07-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Bamba is heading for the Premiership so could only see a top French side being a temptation for him. For all Renne are a decent team its not much of a move up from Hibs.

PSG though.... Admittedly they're not the force they once were. He could play in the premiership and it's seen by many as the best league in the world so it'd be the logical step forward for him.

Peevemor
07-05-2010, 11:51 AM

Rennes are, for me, the French equivalent of Hibs. They always do well up to Christmas then fall apart, every now and again they qualify for Europe but do nothing, they haven't won the French cup in ages and were beaten in last year's final by Guingamp from the French 2nd division, the list goes on ...

rightwinger
07-05-2010, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=Leitrim Hibee;2457952]Agreed. I can't understand why our players don't seem to work on upper body strength. Pretty sure GOC made that a priority and it didn't exactly harm him.

Exactly. Why aren't the likes of Hanlon - who looked so so weak the other night - not doing this?

Look at how strong the DU players and St Johnstone players are for example. It actually displays great arrogance and stupidity on behalf of our players and coaching staff that they are not working on this.

A team cannot consistently win games in the SPL if it is lacking in fitness, pace, height and strength. Bamba and Murray are the only players we have that are fully equipped to handle a physical battle.

Hibs On Tour
07-05-2010, 02:43 PM

Think with someone decent beside him Hanlon will grow into an excellent CH. Hogg isn't that someone however...

seanraff07
07-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Think with someone decent beside him Hanlon will grow into an excellent CH. Hogg isn't that someone however...

I agree Hanlon is going to be a great player, future captain for us IMO.

A proper leader beside him at the moment would do him good though.

monktonharp
07-05-2010, 08:48 PM
According to "foot mercato" Stade Rennais (my 'local' club) are looking to buy Bamba for 2M euros.2m euros could be worth f/ck all in a fortnight,judging by the Greek situation

monktonharp
07-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Hanlon's still young and will improve, he needs a strong CB beside him to give him confidence, Hopefully Thocot can be drafted in as it's his natural position.:bitchy: Isincerely hope you are wrong,with Thicot being the natural replacement for Bamba,we are in trouble IMHO. Thicot as a back-up CH or RM,but only for next season,and empty our current captain asap

Jones28
07-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Liverpool £3 mil i heard. Defo loadaye pi$h

Oscar Lomax
07-05-2010, 10:39 PM

The EPL....with whom?....He cant hack it at Hibs never mind the EPL....You havin a laugh?????

Peevemor
07-05-2010, 10:42 PM
2m euros could be worth f/ck all in a fortnight,judging by the Greek situation

Possibly, but it'll also effect Sterling - as will the hung parliament.

Jonnyboy
07-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Hope he joins Blackburn to give Motty a nightmare commentating on Bamba and Samba :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
08-05-2010, 11:24 AM
We should move heaven & earth to get Gary Kenneth from Dundee Utd.

If we get £2,000,000 for Bamba we should spend £1,000,000 on Kenneth, he would be worth every penny.

If he wanted to come and if Utd are prepared to sell for £1,000,000 of course.

Always seems to play well in big games and from all accounts was outstanding against the Yams the other night.

Disagree with me if you want. But if you do, come up with a better CH for the same money.

bingo70
08-05-2010, 11:30 AM

If we get £2,000,000 for Bamba we should spend £1,000,000 on Kenneth, he would be worth every penny.

Always seems to play well in big games and from all accounts was outstanding against the Yams the other night.

Disagree with me if you want. But if you do, come up with a better CH for the same money.

I'd rather we spent the money on increasing the wage budget and finding a 'good' bosman centre half instead of the usual journeyman we do get and improve the rest of the team while we're at it.

In this day and age with so many out of contract players, especially being released from big clubs down south i can't see any reason why clubs our size competing in the SPL should be spending £1m on any player.

Sorry, can't give you names but i'd hope our scouts and managers are aware of more players than me seeing as that's what they're employed to do.

Cocaine&Caviar
08-05-2010, 11:31 AM
The EPL....with whom?....He cant hack it at Hibs never mind the EPL....You havin a laugh?????

Can't hack it at Hibs? He was outstanding up until the ACN? Sure he's gone off the ball since, but he's still head and shoulders above any other defender we have, and anyone else in the league IMO.

Bayern Bru
08-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Hope he joins Blackburn to give Motty a nightmare commentating on Bamba and Samba :wink:

And Muamba I hope. :devil:

PeterboroHibee
08-05-2010, 12:16 PM

Hes Dundee United through and through, and getting linked to Premiership clubs, why on earth would he come to Hibs?

If Yogi had £1m to spend (which again is very unlikely) he could bring in quite a few players, why waste it all on one decent SPL defender?

ekhibee
08-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Can't hack it at Hibs? He was outstanding up until the ACN? Sure he's gone off the ball since, but he's still head and shoulders above any other defender we have, and anyone else in the league IMO.
Anyone else in the league? I don't think so. Good player when he's on his game though. If we got between 1 and 2 million I certainly wouldn't be complaining. All about opinions though.

sahib
08-05-2010, 12:41 PM

That is what any sensible business would do. I don't know what Rod expects to spend on replacing players but 10 -20% of the money brought in would be my guess. Of course , the stated policy a few seasons ago, was that none of the income from player sales, would be spent on the team. Nuts!

NAE NOOKIE
08-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Hes Dundee United through and through, and getting linked to Premiership clubs, why on earth would he come to Hibs?

If Yogi had £1m to spend (which again is very unlikely) he could bring in quite a few players, why waste it all on one decent SPL defender?

You are probably right, but I would rather we spent £500, 000 each on two good players than £100,000 each on 10 average ones.

As far as I know we spent approx £500,000 on Keith Wright and Darren Jackson. You get what you pay for.

I worry as well about the Bosman thing with the Europe is overflowing with decent players just crying out to join Hibs coz they cant get a bigger club theory.

Thats been the case for a number of seasons now. Still no sign of a decent Bosman signing.

PeterboroHibee
08-05-2010, 02:42 PM
You are probably right, but I would rather we spent £500, 000 each on two good players than £100,000 each on 10 average ones.

As far as I know we spent approx £500,000 on Keith Wright and Darren Jackson. You get what you pay for.

I worry as well about the Bosman thing with the Europe is overflowing with decent players just crying out to join Hibs coz they cant get a bigger club theory.

Thats been the case for a number of seasons now. Still no sign of a decent Bosman signing.

Theres nothing wrong with getting players signed up on a free imo, theres a good chance that a player youve spent money on can be a flop as well.

United have barely spent anything in recent years and have got a decent team so its possible.

If Yogi does have money to spend, I hope he uses it wisely as there is more than one area of the team that is needing sorted.

Hibs On Tour
08-05-2010, 02:54 PM
If Rangers are getting £2m from Liverpool for Danny Wilson, then Bamba should be starting at around the same price at least, given that he's an established international with more experience...

ian cruise
08-05-2010, 03:13 PM
If Rangers are getting £2m from Liverpool for Danny Wilson, then Bamba should be starting at around the same price at least, given that he's an established international with more experience...

rangers are going to get an over inflated price for wilson because if a club buys him not they have 3 years before hes 21 and that means under new fifa rules he can play in european campaigns as a homegrown player

dennismac
08-05-2010, 04:42 PM

I continually laugh at a recent ongoing debate, let me throw in my tuppence worth.
We at E R Were the first team in Britain to play in European cups.
To this day we have played more and won more than the Pub boys from across the city,also our crowds have been much larger in these games and indeed in friendlies too,played at our home ground. As we have a ground and pitch which is suitable for such games. we need no hospitality from our rugby friends. We also have the first player to score in Europe in the name of Mr. Turnbull. Previous to entering the European Cups we were a vastly travelled club even as far as Brazil where upon their federation copied our five pronged attack and you all know how Brazilian football took off in 1958. The Brazilian heid yin wrote about us in his book to this effect. Even in England they knew nothing of Hearts untill they won the cup in 1956 where they got a 2 minute glimpse of that victory in the cinema newsreels.The fact that that we were so well known and loved across the world gained us an invitation along with Chelsea to take part in European Fitba' We were also widley known to our English friends, as they watched our great league performances in the 40s and 50s we were inundated with invitations to play the English top teams in friendlies, where more often than not we battered them.
We also have had many many more internationalists selected for their country, the Pub boys never stood a chance of selection when " THE FAMOUS FIVE " were in full flow not forgetting our midfielders and goalies ie Farm and Younger ect. We were also the first team in Britain to have floodlights of European standard and not training lights that flickered at Ibrox and Highbury. Celtic and Hearts eventually followed us with the same systems. But the Pubees eventually were left behind with a wee schoolboy sized pitch. We once had the 4th largest club ground in Britain, no bad fir a wee team, we had automatic scoreboard long before the Pub boys.....You see our chairman back then Harry Swan with a bakery in Leith Street - HAD A DREAM - a dream of European football where people laughed at him some of them complaining of travelling to Aberdeen and Kilmarnock, but oor Harry was prepared to go to any length to Show the world Scotland's and Edinburgh's finest team. I could go on and on, but we Hibby's are known for our humility. One thing I must clarify though,as will our owner Sir Tom, We are not a Leith team or a Lochend team nor An Irish team, although there is nothing wrong with the fine peoples of these places. We are an Edinburgh team born in the heart of the old town and never having a ground in Leith ( that was Leith Athletic one of the toons five professional clubs ) also we had at least five home grounds, but not one of them in Sunny Leith, sorry Proclaimers ask Eddie Turnbull, Lawrie Riley or our benefactor Sir Tom Farmer. Hope this goes some way into the clarification that we at Hibernian FC are the establishment team of our fine capital EDINBURGH........

DENNISMAC.
Hibby for 62 years with generations of GREEN BLOOD

Hibs On Tour
08-05-2010, 05:59 PM
rangers are going to get an over inflated price for wilson because if a club buys him not they have 3 years before hes 21 and that means under new fifa rules he can play in european campaigns as a homegrown player

Surely would only apply if he was going to a club outwith Britain, no? Or are the new rules Scottish players for Scottish clubs, English players for English clubs? Just wondering likes...

ian cruise
09-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Surely would only apply if he was going to a club outwith Britain, no? Or are the new rules Scottish players for Scottish clubs, English players for English clubs? Just wondering likes...

im not overly sure, i read it in one of the papers, cant remember which one. the english fa are introducing a new homegrown player system too so it mght have something to do with that as well, all i know is that it's the reason its such an inflated figure and why they want to get him this eason, so they can claim theyve trained him between ages eighteen and twenty one and terefore qualifies as a home grown player

Allant1981
09-05-2010, 11:23 AM
I continually laugh at a recent ongoing debate, let me throw in my tuppence worth.
We at E R Were the first team in Britain to play in European cups.
To this day we have played more and won more than the Pub boys from across the city,also our crowds have been much larger in these games and indeed in friendlies too,played at our home ground. As we have a ground and pitch which is suitable for such games. we need no hospitality from our rugby friends. We also have the first player to score in Europe in the name of Mr. Turnbull. Previous to entering the European Cups we were a vastly travelled club even as far as Brazil where upon their federation copied our five pronged attack and you all know how Brazilian football took off in 1958. The Brazilian heid yin wrote about us in his book to this effect. Even in England they knew nothing of Hearts untill they won the cup in 1956 where they got a 2 minute glimpse of that victory in the cinema newsreels.The fact that that we were so well known and loved across the world gained us an invitation along with Chelsea to take part in European Fitba' We were also widley known to our English friends, as they watched our great league performances in the 40s and 50s we were inundated with invitations to play the English top teams in friendlies, where more often than not we battered them.
We also have had many many more internationalists selected for their country, the Pub boys never stood a chance of selection when " THE FAMOUS FIVE " were in full flow not forgetting our midfielders and goalies ie Farm and Younger ect. We were also the first team in Britain to have floodlights of European standard and not training lights that flickered at Ibrox and Highbury. Celtic and Hearts eventually followed us with the same systems. But the Pubees eventually were left behind with a wee schoolboy sized pitch. We once had the 4th largest club ground in Britain, no bad fir a wee team, we had automatic scoreboard long before the Pub boys.....You see our chairman back then Harry Swan with a bakery in Leith Street - HAD A DREAM - a dream of European football where people laughed at him some of them complaining of travelling to Aberdeen and Kilmarnock, but oor Harry was prepared to go to any length to Show the world Scotland's and Edinburgh's finest team. I could go on and on, but we Hibby's are known for our humility. One thing I must clarify though,as will our owner Sir Tom, We are not a Leith team or a Lochend team nor An Irish team, although there is nothing wrong with the fine peoples of these places. We are an Edinburgh team born in the heart of the old town and never having a ground in Leith ( that was Leith Athletic one of the toons five professional clubs ) also we had at least five home grounds, but not one of them in Sunny Leith, sorry Proclaimers ask Eddie Turnbull, Lawrie Riley or our benefactor Sir Tom Farmer. Hope this goes some way into the clarification that we at Hibernian FC are the establishment team of our fine capital EDINBURGH........

DENNISMAC.
Hibby for 62 years with generations of GREEN BLOOD

what the hell has that got to do with bamba going to france or hibs wanting kenneth:confused: