PDA

View Full Version : NHC EPL brass neck

down-the-slope
06-05-2010, 09:26 PM
The brass neck of the EPL is unbeleivable

the response to Fulhams request for moving their match with Arsneal forward to Sat from Sun (to give them more recovery before the biggest game in their history) is that all matches must take place at the same time, same day, to protect the integrity of the competition :faf::faf::faf:

Integrity.....where is that the other 37 times a season when TV is king and matches are any time and day they demand....

steviecarnie
06-05-2010, 09:31 PM
The brass neck of the EPL is unbeleivable

the response to Fulhams request for moving their match with Arsneal forward to Sat from Sun (to give them more recovery before the biggest game in their history) is that all matches must take place at the same time, same day, to protect the integrity of the competition :faf::faf::faf:

Integrity.....where is that the other 37 times a season when TV is king and matches are any time and day they demand....

TV is still king, its Sky who decided that it would finish on the sunday as they are not allowed to show games on a Saturday at 3pm.

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Arsenal are still playing for 3rd though - wouldn't playing a day early mean that they have an unfair advantage over Spurs?

bingo70
06-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Arsenal are still playing for 3rd though - wouldn't playing a day early mean that they have an unfair advantage over Spurs?

:agree:

last games of the season should always kick off at the same time.

Nothing to do with SKY being king, the opposite in fact as i'm sure they'd rather have the games staggered so they could show more of them, if it wasn't the last game of the season the EPL would have moved the game

steviecarnie
06-05-2010, 09:46 PM
:agree:

last games of the season should always kick off at the same time.

Nothing to do with SKY being king, the opposite in fact as i'm sure they'd rather have the games staggered so they could show more of them, if it wasn't the last game of the season the EPL would have moved the game

they still have 4 on dont they?

bingo70
06-05-2010, 09:54 PM
they still have 4 on dont they?

No idea, i don't really care about foreign football, are the arsenal or spurs games on tv?

The point i was making was the decision to not move the game has nothing to do with TV but to ensure fairness between teams competing against each other, which is the opposite of what they're being slated for here.

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2010, 09:56 PM
TV is still king, its Sky who decided that it would finish on the sunday as they are not allowed to show games on a Saturday at 3pm.

Who's going to tell them?:wink:

down-the-slope
06-05-2010, 10:07 PM
No idea, i don't really care about foreign football, are the arsenal or spurs games on tv?

The point i was making was the decision to not move the game has nothing to do with TV but to ensure fairness between teams competing against each other, which is the opposite of what they're being slated for here.

:rolleyes: but thats my point exactly....why is that only important one fixture date a season

other week-ends one team plays and their near rivals later / next day knowing that result...why is that ok?

steviecarnie
06-05-2010, 10:31 PM
:rolleyes: but thats my point exactly....why is that only important one fixture date a season

other week-ends one team plays and their near rivals later / next day knowing that result...why is that ok?

because its the last game of the season and therefore to keep it fair to arsenal/spurs and united/chelsea games kick off at same time, as well as it being almost £750k per place in the EPL so plenty to play for.