View Full Version : Fourth place still ours !

06-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Fourth place still ours ! after reading and seeing all the doom and glom about just now ive noticed that Motherwell have to play rangers !! and I cannot see them winning that one just now. Now if yogi can get it together one last time before the end of the season we can get that spot back and get into Europe. Not that we should after the last good few months but if we can just turn up for one last time then we can put all of this to on side for now and just hope that we can get a little holiday in with the lads. :notworthy:

Green forever
06-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Forth place still ours ! after reading and seeing all the doom and glom about just now ive noticed that Motherwell have to play rangers !! and I cannot see them winning that one just now. Now if yogi can get it together one last time before the end of the season we can get that spot back and get into Europe. Not that we should after the last good few months but if we can just turn up for one last time then we can put all of this to on side for now and just hope that we can get a little holiday in with the lads. :notworthy:

Is Forth place anywhere near Forth Street ? :wink:

06-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Is Forth place anywhere near Forth Street ? :wink:
ok i should read before i should hit post :faf:

Green forever
06-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I do agree with you though, probably a draw would be enough as Rangers will more than likely beat Motherwell. Whether we are good enough to get a draw is another question....

06-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah it ain't so bad. Scoring six away from home against Well is pretty good. And for them to concede six at home....their defence needs drastic surgery like ours.

Notice I'm looking at the half full glass here!

06-05-2010, 08:18 PM
We are not getting 4th place. We had our chance at 6-2 up and bottled it. We will not be getting a result at Tannadice.

Zondervan
06-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Fourth place still ours ! after reading and seeing all the doom and glom about just now ive noticed that Motherwell have to play rangers !! and I cannot see them winning that one just now. Now if yogi can get it together one last time before the end of the season we can get that spot back and get into Europe. Not that we should after the last good few months but if we can just turn up for one last time then we can put all of this to on side for now and just hope that we can get a little holiday in with the lads. :notworthy:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_15/1120746701DjUKgN.jpg

06-05-2010, 08:22 PM
We are not getting 4th place. We had our chance at 6-2 up and bottled it. We will not be getting a result at Tannadice.

Sadly agree.

I would be stunned if we manage to get anything on Sunday.

jakedance
06-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Every bad run comes to an end eventually. It might as well happen at Tannadice.

06-05-2010, 08:25 PM
disagree pal ,i can see us going up there and getting at least a draw
mon the hi bees

PC Stamp
06-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Dundee Utd with nothing to play for and with the Scottish Cup Final the following week. I'll be interested to see what sort of side Peter Houston puts out against us.

06-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Dundee Utd with nothing to play for and with the Scottish Cup Final the following week. I'll be interested to see what sort of side Peter Houston puts out against us.

Indication from his comments in the local press is that he will change his side from last night's. I would imagine that means it will be weaker. I would be surprised if Webster plays.

danger1875
06-05-2010, 08:33 PM

Sorry how will we not get a result? I thought that there was only 3 results from a football game - win, draw or defeat

Also when your looking in that cristal ball of yours, can you let me know the rest of the RESULTS and i'll get a £10 on at ladbrokes

06-05-2010, 08:40 PM
If anyone thinks we will actually get 4th place then your very very mistaken.

06-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Sorry how will we not get a result? I thought that there was only 3 results from a football game - win, draw or defeat

Also when your looking in that cristal ball of yours, can you let me know the rest of the RESULTS and i'll get a £10 on at ladbrokes

When you look at our form over the past three months, I think it's only natural to think that we will get nothing at the home of the Scottish Cup finalists and the third best team in the country by a mile.

Of course we could win on Sunday, we could also have won against Hearts (twice), St Johnstone, Ross County (twice), Hamilton, Dundee Utd and Motherwell over the past three months but we didn't and I see no reason why Sunday should be any different.

06-05-2010, 08:42 PM
If anyone thinks we will actually get 4th place then your very very mistaken.I honestly hope that comment comes back & bites ye in the erse ..

06-05-2010, 08:44 PM
I honestly hope that comment comes back & bites ye in the erse ..

As do i mate :pray:

06-05-2010, 08:45 PM
As do i mate :pray:We can hope ..:wink:

06-05-2010, 08:47 PM

As do i mate :pray:

Ah, I see, reverse psychology :cool2:

06-05-2010, 08:54 PM
When you look at our form over the past three months, I think it's only natural to think that we will get nothing at the home of the Scottish Cup finalists and the third best team in the country by a mile.

Of course we could win on Sunday, we could also have won against Hearts (twice), St Johnstone, Ross County (twice), Hamilton, Dundee Utd and Motherwell over the past three months but we didn't and I see no reason why Sunday should be any different.

They have nothing to play for.
We have 4th place to play for.

They have much to play for the following week and we, unfortunately, don't. They will hopefully rest players from their country-mile racing elite.

This being football anything could happen that could affect the outcome but you see no reason why Hibs should do anything other than lose so that'll be that.

Curmudgeon.

Bob Box Fish
06-05-2010, 08:58 PM
They are a good winning side : we are a bunch of bottlers

They are relatively solid in midfield : we have weak passive midgets

They have a solid defence : we are pouder puff at the back with players playing out of position

Their keeper looks decent : ours are p1sh

They have a guy in charge who can manage : we have a simpleton idiot with no tactical awareness

They can see games out : we are a disgrace

Not a hope in hell.

06-05-2010, 09:01 PM

They have much to play for the following week and we, unfortunately, don't. They will hopefully rest players from their country-mile racing elite.

This being football anything could happen that could affect the outcome but you see no reason why Hibs should do anything other than lose so that'll be that.

Curmudgeon.

They have confidence
We have an entire defence and goalkeeper with not a shred of confidence left between them all!

I also see the fact they have nothing to play for as a huge advantage to them sadly. All the pressure is on us and boy can our current team not deal with pressure!!!

Seriously hope im wrong :pray:

SloopJB
06-05-2010, 09:02 PM
I won't give any predictions for the weekend scores, sometimes a scoreline comes in that is just way off the radar.

Will have to try some working things out to get to Dundee but I will try, would like to applaud the team after the final game.

06-05-2010, 09:14 PM

They have a solid defence : we are pouder puff at the back with players playing out of position

They have a guy in charge who can manage : we have a simpleton idiot with no tactical awareness

Not a hope in hell.

And only one side seperate us in the league with a chance that come Sunday night there would be none?
Are we making this season up as we go along?

If you're coming up from York on Sunday (and hats off to you if you are - then again maybe you went all that way to get away from the Hibs?) I hope to the wee man you don't wind up sitting behind me with that enormous negativity stockpile.

Bob Box Fish
06-05-2010, 09:26 PM
And only one side seperate us in the league with a chance that come Sunday night there would be none?

If you're coming up from York on Sunday (and hats off to you if you are - then again maybe you went all that way to get away from the Hibs?) I hope to the wee man you don't wind up sitting behind me with that enormous negativity stockpile.

I'm personally not going back until yogi has left our club. Never wanted him in first place and cannot bear the man anymore.

I spend 50 on petrol to come up done it five times this season so spent 250 travelling, say 24 ish per game and also got my dads season ticket which I won't renew until yogi has left. Too much money and time wasted on a bafoon that cudnae manage his breakfast.

I just hope he dosent get us relegated next season and back to the days of crowds of 5-6k against st johnstone etc.

Would love to be proved wrong by yogi next season but really can't see it.

Best of luck to all those who travel to Tannadice.

06-05-2010, 09:28 PM

If Rangers beat Motherwell and Hibs draw or win we get 4th place so it's still a possibility and I for one think we can do it

06-05-2010, 09:29 PM

Not a hope in hell.

Nice to see you're staying upbeat :wink:

06-05-2010, 09:31 PM
If we finish 4th, Salford Hibs will never hear the end of it! :agree::agree::agree:

Then we'll see whose deluded....

Bob Box Fish
06-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Nice to see you're staying upbeat :wink:

Which part do you disagree with?

06-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Which part do you disagree with?

I didn't say I disagreed with any of it :greengrin

I simply felt that it might be a tad foolhardy to write us off before the event but then again you might be spot on! Only time will tell

Bob Box Fish
06-05-2010, 09:36 PM
I didn't say I disagreed with any of it :greengrin

I simply felt that it might be a tad foolhardy to write us off before the event but then again you might be spot on! Only time will tell

Fair doos, as I said I would love to be proved wrong but can't see it. They are a very good side.

06-05-2010, 09:36 PM

Curmudgeon.

We have had 4th to play for in every match that we have played in the past month (ever since we lost to Dundee Utd which subsequently finished our chances of getting 3rd) and we have failed to win any of these 'must win' matches.

Like I said a wee while ago, I see no reason why that will change on Sunday.

06-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Even if Dundee.Utd play a lot of reserve players with thoughts already on their Scottish Cup match i still think it's likely that they will win, but please Hibs just one consistent performance for 90 minutes is all were asking for and we might just be able to get 4th.

danger1875
06-05-2010, 09:51 PM

I'm with you, that I don;t think we will get a positive result but the post I replied to said we would not get a result. That by the very nature of football is not posible as there are only 3 results at the end off a game.

danger1875
06-05-2010, 10:05 PM

They are relatively solid in midfield , if they play their main players with the cup final to play: we have weak passive midgets

They have a solid defence as above: we are pouder puff at the back with players playing out of position

Their keeper looks decent as above: ours are p1sh

They have a guy in charge who can manage : we have a simpleton idiot with no tactical awareness. Never really seen the point in personal attacks, as it adds nothing to your point.

Not a hope in hell.

:notworthy:

06-05-2010, 10:33 PM
If Rangers beat Motherwell and Hibs draw or win we get 4th place so it's still a possibility and I for one think we can do it

Like I said i really hope to be proved wrong! Can't see us taking anythin from Tannadice though.

06-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Like I said i really hope to be proved wrong! Can't see us taking anythin from Tannadice though.

We're Hibs fans, sometimes hope is all we have :greengrin

06-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Cant c us getting anything from sunday! We cant even win a game when we r 4 goals ahead! Think some on here need to wake up and smell the coffee! Utd unfortunately will beat us no matter what team they put out esp with sum of their players wanting to get into the team for the final! Yet there is hope and i hope i am wrong and we win!

06-05-2010, 11:04 PM

I tend but be optimistic, but I sadly think you're spot-on here. Performances have improved against Celtic, Huns, Hearts and Motherwell, but we still lack the bottle to go out and win games. A team with a little steel could easily have had eight points from that round of fixtures; we got one, and that took a 6-2 lead we couldn't even hold for twenty-odd minutes. It vindicates what Hughes said about this team being too scared to actually win a game.

I'd like to think we'd come out all guns blazing and put it right, by adding resolute defending and tough tackling to our striking power at Tannadice, and get a decent win against a team with an eye of the cup final. However, the more likely scenario is that Dundee United fringe players are desperate to impress, they put in an aggressive performance and we run for the hills at the first sign of things going against us.

I'm almost hoping they put us out of our misery quickly, 0-0 or even 1-0 up with 20 minutes to go (or even 6-2 up!) can you imagine how desperate it would be?

WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO WIN.

Spudster
06-05-2010, 11:15 PM
The way we defended crosses, shipping 6 goals to a $h1te Motherwell team and given the fact we're playing the tallest and most physical team in the league.
There's still a chance we can finish 6th you know.

Johnny_Leith
07-05-2010, 12:00 AM
We'll get 4th :agree:

07-05-2010, 06:57 AM
The way we defended crosses, shipping 6 goals to a $h1te Motherwell team and given the fact we're playing the tallest and most physical team in the league.
There's still a chance we can finish 6th you know.
no there isni :confused:

Spudster
07-05-2010, 08:26 AM
3 pts between us and hearts, we can still come 6th on GD
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/table/default.stm

07-05-2010, 08:28 AM
I thought we would beat M,Well I wasnt far off, I think we will beat D.Utd.They have nothing to lose,I also think M,Well will beat the buns.

07-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Sorry how will we not get a result?

We have won 2 out of 17. Both wins coming against the bottom two in the league. We had a chance on Wednesday when we were FOUR goals up and bottled that. The players simply don't have the fight for it IMO. They are a reasonable side, we are pish.

That enough for you????

07-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Forth place still ours !

Is that the river or the radio station? :greengrin

JCHibby
07-05-2010, 09:49 AM

Not a hope in hell.

Storing this one, Hibs will win at the weekend. So much doom and gloom on this place it is unreal.

Spudster
07-05-2010, 09:55 AM
i think we will beat d.utd.they have nothing to lose,i also think m,well will beat the buns.

34/1

07-05-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm as gutted/embarrassed/angry as the next fan about Wed night, and the derbies, and the saints games, and hamilton games, ross county games, etc etc......

but for pete's sake, we are probably just a draw away in the final game of the season to get 4th place.

Hughes clearly has a lot of work to do, he knows that fine well himself -

Let's support the team, get 4th place, then see what develops over the summer with player movement.

We have played some superb attacking play, and on Wed it looked like we could have done it for the whole 90mins, so despite the obvious dissapoint from Wed night, we can't forget some of excellent forward play and lets hope it can be replicated on Sunday - and onto next season but with a shake up in midfield and in particular the defence.

07-05-2010, 11:08 AM
fourth place :faf:

07-05-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm as gutted/embarrassed/angry as the next fan about Wed night, and the derbies, and the saints games, and hamilton games, ross county games, etc etc......

but for pete's sake, we are probably just a draw away in the final game of the season to get 4th place.

Hughes clearly has a lot of work to do, he knows that fine well himself -

Let's support the team, get 4th place, then see what develops over the summer with player movement.

We have played some superb attacking play, and on Wed it looked like we could have done it for the whole 90mins, so despite the obvious dissapoint from Wed night, we can't forget some of excellent forward play and lets hope it can be replicated on Sunday - and onto next season but with a shake up in midfield and in particular the defence.

exactly the point i was trying to get over my friends :agree:

07-05-2010, 02:28 PM

We're nine goals better off than them and even if we lose another six they'd need to beat Celtc 4-0

It'll never happen

JCHibby
07-05-2010, 03:19 PM
We're nine goals better off than them and even if we lose another six they'd need to beat Celtc 4-0

It'll never happen

Exactly they will never catch Hibs, I am telling you we will win on Sunday and finish fourth.

In YOGI I trust!:notworthy:

07-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Like investments, past performance is not a guarantee of future results. If that was the case then Hibs would never recover from their recent bad spell.

As has been stated already, Hibs have EVERYTHING to play for. Our whole season rests on this one game. We can't control what happens with 'well but let's assume they lose or draw (we have to otherwise all other results are meaningless). If we lose then all of our better results count for squat. If we win then we get a chance to play in Europe. What happens after that is a moot point, let's just get there first! Dundee Utd have nothing to play for, not even pride. I am sure a lot of people will be pissed off if they play a strong squad against Hibs and get even just one key injury that reduces their chances of winning the SC. I'm not saying that Dundee Utd will hand us a victory. I'm not even saying that Hibs can beat a weakened Dundee Utd squad. What I am saying is that if the Hibs players have any scraps of pride, desire, energy, etc. left then they have to give everything in this game. Everything gets left out on the pitch.

07-05-2010, 03:27 PM

It'll never happen

To be precise we are 11 goals better off than them - Jambos are -1 and we are 10. So we have to lose 6-0 and they have to win 6-0 to beat us on GD.

ps I don't think Motherwell will get points off the Gers but equally I don't think we'll get points off D Utd.

07-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Surely Rangers last home game of the season at home they will want to finish the season in style = Motherwell 0 pts or max 1pt.

As for Hibs...well who knows - we have only won about 1 game in the 2nd half of the season.

I think we may get a draw.........:pray:

Meaning we get into Europe via goal difference...

07-05-2010, 03:52 PM
See on Sunday afternoon can we just have one GIRFUY thread to save things dropping off the first page?
Thanks in adavance.

07-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Rangers will beat Motherwell and we won't get beat at Tannadice

07-05-2010, 05:15 PM

:hilarious Do you think we're going to lose 10-0 or will Hearts score a barrowload against Celtic?

fourth place :faf:

One point should be enough.

ps I don't think Motherwell will get points off the Gers but equally I don't think we'll get points off D Utd.

1 point should be enough.

Spudster
07-05-2010, 06:11 PM
:hilarious Do you think we're going to lose 10-0

It's more likely than throwing away a 4 goal lead in 25mins to a $h1te motherwell team. Utd are a decent side and excel in our extremely weak area.

Obviously I don't think it's actually going to happen but after this week there's just as much chance of it as us finishing 4th.

07-05-2010, 06:16 PM
It's more likely than throwing away a 4 goal lead in 25mins to a $h1te motherwell team. Utd are a decent side and excel in our extremely weak area.

Obviously I don't think it's actually going to happen but after this week there's just as much chance of it as us finishing 4th.

We'll not lose 10-0, we'll score one or 2. And I can't see us losing 12-2. :greengrin

07-05-2010, 06:19 PM

Unless I'm not seeing what you see at games over the last three months or so, there may only be one team between us and Utd in the SPL table BUT....... there is a HUGE chasm between us and them in terms of being able to win football matches and THAT is what we must overcome on Sunday if we are to pick up anything from the game! :confused:

07-05-2010, 06:39 PM
think we should manage a draw at least, United will field more or less a reserve side :agree:

07-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Rangers will beat Motherwell and we won't get beat at Tannadice

I agree :agree:

07-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I can comfortably predict we will get beat 3-0

This will be followed by Hughes saying something about the lads giving there all this season and being a great bunch of lads that he just wants hug and kiss.

Meanwhile I'll **** off on holiday happy in the knowledge that soon I'll be able to watch some good football during the world cup.

Hughes have some dignity for ****s sake and do the right thing by the club you love!!

07-05-2010, 08:28 PM
I think Dundee Utd have a duty to uphold the integrity of the league by fielding a strong team on Sunday.

I know that if the shoe was on the other foot and Motherwell were playing Dundee Utd and we were at Ibrox and we were hoping for Dundee Utd to do us a favour, knowing that we probably wouldn't be getting anything at Ibrox, I would not be best pleased if I heard afterwards that Motherwell had beaten Dundee Utd reserves.

If they were playing a side that wasn't going for anything then that would be fine but us and Motherwell are fighting for that European spot. I can fully understand things from their point of view but I still think it would be wrong of them to play a weakened side.

As it happens anyway, I don't think we'll even beat Dundee Utd's second string but I think they should play their strongest available side.

09-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Couldnae really wait to get back and get this to the top of the boards again and maybe a GIRUY to one or two doubters.

Liam89
09-05-2010, 05:14 PM

Damn, it sucks being very very mistaken... Oh wait, what was that? 2 - 0 Hibs, we're 4th? :greengrin

09-05-2010, 05:17 PM

Not a hope in hell.

Dearie me.

09-05-2010, 05:29 PM
The greetin' faced moaning wingebags in the doom 'n gloom (and Yam infiltrators) camp have really left themselves wide open to ridicule on this thread.

With the hyperbole from the drama queen-type 'Hibs supporters' like these we don't really need any Yams.

It is not just the pessimism in the posts but the obvious glee that is displayed when Hibs have a bad result.

How about this one for the Vault?

09-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Damn, it sucks being very very mistaken... Oh wait, what was that? 2 - 0 Hibs, we're 4th? :greengrin

I'm very ****in glad to be wrong:thumbsup: Mon the Hibees:notworthy:

09-05-2010, 05:31 PM
I can comfortably predict we will get beat 3-0

This will be followed by Hughes saying something about the lads giving there all this season and being a great bunch of lads that he just wants hug and kiss.

Meanwhile I'll **** off on holiday happy in the knowledge that soon I'll be able to watch some good football during the world cup.

Hughes have some dignity for ****s sake and do the right thing by the club you love!!

Another stoatir!

09-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Sadly agree.

I would be stunned if we manage to get anything on Sunday.

Back on your feet yet? Smelling salts kicking in?

09-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Another stoatir!

Back on your feet yet? Smelling salts kicking in?Aye ..ok you were right they & many others were wrong ..well done you, your good ..cracker jack pencil on its way ...

09-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Aye ..ok you were right they & many others were wrong ..well done you, your good ..cracker jack pencil on its way ...

Problem here then? Kept my powder dry since Thursday night until we had the result we needed following the depressing forecasts from individuals about our prospects of finishing 4th. Why your sarcasm? Is the right to reply and indulge in a bit of one-upmanship not what this board is based on?

Bob Box Fish
09-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Dearie me.

Well done Hibs, for the record I was saying I didn't think we would win not that I didn't want us to win!

Today's result, however, doesn't change my opinion of Yogi one bit. . .

09-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Well done Hibs, for the record I was saying I didn't think we would win not that I didn't want us to win!

Good Lad. Have one for me doon Mickelgate tonight!

hibbymac
09-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Exactly they will never catch Hibs, I am telling you we will win on Sunday and finish fourth.

In YOGI I trust!:notworthy:

Well done Nostradamus. :thumbsup:

09-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Problem here then? Kept my powder dry since Thursday night until we had the result we needed following the depressing forecasts from individuals about our prospects of finishing 4th. Why your sarcasm? Is the right to reply and indulge in a bit of one-upmanship not what this board is based on?

Its cause he was proved wrong big time too, another one who canny hack it when the going gets tough.

Liam89
10-05-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm very ****in glad to be wrong:thumbsup: Mon the Hibees:notworthy:

I bet you are! What a shock you must of got when we won :wink:

10-05-2010, 06:24 PM

You might be waiting a long time to see the cabbage again, i maybe wrong, but i dont think Yogi's going anywhere soon.

10-05-2010, 09:30 PM
im so happy i was right:agree: