PDA

View Full Version : Last nights game

SlickShoes
06-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Its all over the news just now, as being amazing but its honestly embarrassing.

Greatest game ever for paw broon, but probably the worst capitulation I have ever witnessed and i was in the hearts end during the 4-4 game when Graeme Weir scored two goals in two minutes. I remember how i felt that day and i feel the same or worse today.

It just makes it worse that the media are raving about it, seeing 6-2 turn into 6-6 everywhere you go. Living in glasgow even people here are berating me about it, cant imagine what itd be like to be working with jambos.

basehibby
06-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Its all over the news just now, as being amazing but its honestly embarrassing.

Greatest game ever for paw broon, but probably the worst capitulation I have ever witnessed and i was in the hearts end during the 4-4 game when Graeme Weir scored two goals in two minutes. I remember how i felt that day and i feel the same or worse today.

It just makes it worse that the media are raving about it, seeing 6-2 turn into 6-6 everywhere you go. Living in glasgow even people here are berating me about it, cant imagine what itd be like to be working with jambos.

The jambos I know have been keeping fairly quiet - they know their european goose has now been cooked and are far from happy about it :greengrin

Actually, that's something which seems to have been completely overlooked among all the whailing and gnashing of teeth on here - the paltry point which was gained last night may well have earned the club european football for next season :cool2:.
I know that losing a 4 goal lead was something of a debacle but this is surely something to be happy about :dunno:

FranckSuzy
06-05-2010, 05:48 PM
The jambos I know have been keeping fairly quiet - they know their european goose has now been cooked and are far from happy about it :greengrin

Actually, that's something which seems to have been completely overlooked among all the whailing and gnashing of teeth on here - the paltry point which was gained last night may well have earned the club european football for next season :cool2:.
I know that losing a 4 goal lead was something of a debacle but this is surely something to be happy about :dunno:

Spot on. After it was all over, I was just glad we didn't get beat TBH. At least it wasn't the famous 6-2 games where we capitulated :greengrin Imagine the ignominy then :boo hoo: They can never take that away from us :cool2:

snooky
06-05-2010, 05:59 PM

You may be right. Yogi apparently saw the funny side at FT.
Oh how we laughed.

:ostrich:

greenlex
06-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Oh how we laughed.

Just saw this laughing episode. He was hardly splitting his sides was he?
It looked more of a smile to me. If I am being honest I smiled a lot when people asked me about the game today. More a grin of incredulity to be fair. Does anyone know what Brown said to him to make him have this reaction?
I heard the main parts of his interview too and he sounded gutted and wasnt cracking jokes or anything.
Going by posts on here you would think he doesnt care and that is well wide of the mark. Every hibs player and member of the coaching and management including directors will be absolutely gutted by that last night. Especially the guys that are Hibby's.

For all of these reasons and the fact they will want to put this right and finish of the season on a relative high I wouldnt be surprised by them if they get a result on Sunday and finish 4th.

basehibby
06-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Oh how we laughed.

Do you seriously think Hughes was not in agony on the inside????

A lot of folk are making far too much of what was obviously just a friendly exchange between two managers after what was truly an incredible football match.

On another note - you think because I'm happy that the Yams have blown europe and we are still in with a chance that I am burying my head in the sand????
I think you could more easilly be accused of refusing to face the reality that there IS a silver lining.

snooky
06-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Do you seriously think Hughes was not in agony on the inside????

A lot of folk are making far too much of what was obviously just a friendly exchange between two managers after what was truly an incredible football match.

On another note - you think because I'm happy that the Yams have blown europe and we are still in with a chance that I am burying my head in the sand????
I think you could more easilly be accused of refusing to face the reality that there IS a silver lining.

The ostrich wasn't you, BH - it was meant to represent what's going on at ER. Like Nero fiddling as Rome burned.
Following the slagging the players' jovialty got when were humped by Hamilton, you'd have thought JH would have at least kept a straight face after the game. Losing 4 goals is in that manner was nothing to smile about. He should have been down that tunnel like a rat up a drainpipe, IMO.

basehibby
06-05-2010, 06:58 PM
The ostrich wasn't you, BH - it was meant to represent what's going on at ER. Like Nero fiddling as Rome burned.
Following the slagging the players' jovialty got when were humped by Hamilton, you'd have thought JH would have at least kept a straight face after the game. Losing 4 goals is in that manner was nothing to smile about. He should have been down that tunnel like a rat up a drainpipe, IMO.

I agree that losing that 4 goal lead was nothing to smile about - but I thought there was a great deal of incredulity about Hughes' smile and very little actual amusement.
Not that I attach a great deal of importance to whether he was smiling or greeting. What matters is the result and where it takes us - and the reality is that however disappointing it was not to win, that point may well have taken us into Europe and, barring even more ridiculous results on saturday, has certainly ended the Yams' season.
I'm not saying that this is any reason to dance in the streets but you surely can't deny it's a genuine reason to be cheerful!

weonlywon6-2
06-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Just saw this laughing episode. He was hardly splitting his sides was he?
It looked more of a smile to me. If I am being honest I smiled a lot when people asked me about the game today. More a grin of incredulity to be fair. Does anyone know what Brown said to him to make him have this reaction?
I heard the main parts of his interview too and he sounded gutted and wasnt cracking jokes or anything.
Going by posts on here you would think he doesnt care and that is well wide of the mark. Every hibs player and member of the coaching and management including directors will be absolutely gutted by that last night. Especially the guys that are Hibby's.

For all of these reasons and the fact they will want to put this right and finish of the season on a relative high I wouldnt be surprised by them if they get a result on Sunday and finish 4th.

:agree::agree: