PDA

View Full Version : If all fit and well

Andy74
06-05-2010, 03:28 PM
If all fit and well what's our current best and most balanced team?

I'm thinking:

Brown

McCann
Bamba
Hanlon
Murray

Zemmama
Miller
McBride
Riordan

Stokes
Nish

Subs:

Stack
Thicot
Hogg
Rankin
Wotherspoon
Galbraith
Benji

In terms of squad for next year I'd like:

A proper experienced right back with pace if possible.

I'd like cover or competition for left back, haven't seen enough of Booth yet to know if he's up to where we want to be yet.

I'd like a big, experienced centre half as not sure Hanlon quite ready yet and Hogg and Thicot not the real quality I'd like as starters.

I'd like a Robbie Savage type in midfield, even if just to bring in for the physical games. Someone with some know how.

I'd prefer a better front man than Nish who is big, strong and actually has a presence. Even after his hat trick last night.

I'd also like someone with real pace up front.

I don't actually think any of that is much different to what Hughes will be thinking. Though he'll probably keep Nish.

sesoim
06-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I agree with most of what you say. I think we will sign a RB and at least one CB, but I'd like us to sign a LB as well so we can play Murray in midfield. A good target man is a must.

FRes Hibbie
06-05-2010, 04:15 PM
If all fit and well what's our current best and most balanced team?

I'm thinking:

Brown

McCann
Bamba
Hanlon
Murray

Zemmama
Miller
McBride
Riordan

Stokes
Nish

Subs:

Stack
Thicot
Hogg
Rankin
Wotherspoon
Galbraith
Benji

I'd like cover or competition for left back, haven't seen enough of Booth yet to know if he's up to where we want to be yet.

I'd like a big, experienced centre half as not sure Hanlon quite ready yet and Hogg and Thicot not the real quality I'd like as starters.

I'd like a Robbie Savage type in midfield, even if just to bring in for the physical games. Someone with some know how.

I'd prefer a better front man than Nish who is big, strong and actually has a presence. Even after his hat trick last night.

I don't actually think any of that is much different to what Hughes will be thinking. Though he'll probably keep Nish.

Can't argue with most of that although I still think Riordan's wasted on the left, not only that but the left is wasted with him there. I also think Mark Brown deserves a chance in goals, a couple of pals of mine were ST holders at Caley while he was there and had only good things to say about him. He hasn't really had much of a chance anywhere since (save a half season at Killie).

EskbankHibby
06-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Dominant CH in the Jones mould.

Midfield spoiler in the Gattuso/Flamini/Jack mould.

Daly/Sutton/Kyle for the Nish role.

Full back with pace who is solid but can drive forward also, basically Cafu (but better defensively).

Don't think i'm asking too much there, a world cup winning midfielder and a full back better than one of the best full backs that ever lived.

SneakersO'Toole
06-05-2010, 06:32 PM

Agree with this completely.

And its the minimum, not taking into consideration that we could lose both Riordan and Stokes over the summer.

However, I think the most we can expect is a RB, new centre half, experience centre midfielder. Expect the likes of Hogg and Nish to be here next season, as much as it pains me to say it.

At The Edge
06-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Dominant CH in the Jones mould.

Midfield spoiler in the Gattuso/Flamini/Jack mould.

Daly/Sutton/Kyle for the Nish role.

Full back with pace who is solid but can drive forward also, basically Cafu (but better defensively).

Don't think i'm asking too much there, a world cup winning midfielder and a full back better than one of the best full backs that ever lived.

I would have went for Rooney/Messi in the Nish role, maybe even challenging Nish for a starting position:faf: