Miller Rankin Murray Riordan

Stokes Nish

PeterboroHibee
06-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Maka
Spoony Thicot Bamba Hanlon
Galbraith McBride/Murray Rankin Riordan
Stokes Nish

Miller was so in and out of the game last night, wasnt that impressed. I know Galbraiths on the wrong side but teams such as United have shown that wingers on the opposite side can be effective.

down the slope
06-05-2010, 11:54 AM
The eleven tallest !, we are up in the land of giants, now i wonder what their tactics will be after having a look at last night ?.

Cocaine&Caviar
06-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Maka

Taggart-Bamba-Hanlon-Murray

Wotherspoon-Miller-Thicot-Riordan

Stokes-Nish

Westie1875
06-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Maka

Wotherspoon Thicot Bamba Hanlon

Stokes Nish

That would do me, Bamba must play and Smith MUST be dropped.

Franck is God
06-05-2010, 12:06 PM
I would play

Maka

McCann---Thicot---Bamba---Rankin

Spoony---McBride---Miller---Riordan

Nish--Stokes

I know it is a complete change to the back four that played last night but they did have a bit of a nightmare, Hogg and Hanlon have both been carrying injuries for weeks and Murray has been very weak at left back for a long run of games now. I have Rankin at LB because I think he'd actually be very good there.

The Sea-gull
06-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Maka

Stokes Nish

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :top marks

Wouldn't be too far off my selection for this game given what has happened and what we have at our disposal.

Can't stand Maka but he is our only fit option as Smith's position is surely untenable at the moment.

Would be tempted to maybe go with Hogg over Thicot but there are pros and cons to both. Not sure I could take watching anymore of Hogg's "clearances".

Hanlon has shown he does not have enough muscle for CB just now but I'm not sure he is a LB so Stevenson could maybe feature.

Ian Murray is our best option at LB but have wanted him in midfield for a while as we need a bit of bite.

Also would swap Rankin and Miller around but it doesn't matter as as always ends up 4-3-3 with Deek playing.

Just hope this is not the team for next season anyway!

sunshine1875
06-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Maka

Stokes Nish

I hope that Yogi has done some research about Utd to combat their style - ok daft thought for the day.

Utd are strong in the middle of midfield and like to get the ball wide to their wingers who like to ping in crosses for their tall forwards. In fact strength everywhere we have weaknesses.

So my team is:

Maka - has to be after the Hertz/Well game

Lee Currie (left) - Murray is being shown as being too slow and needs a change
Hanlon
Bamba
McCormack (right)

Rankin (left)
Murray (sitting)
Miller (forward)
Wothespoon (right)

Nish
Riordan

I don't even know if Currie is fit, but I want a full-back that can defend. I am not convinced that Hanlon is that good as a full-back but would be willing to go with Number_10's defence if Currie is not fit or ready yet, but with McCormack at rightback.

hibeeleicester
06-05-2010, 12:47 PM
This wont happen but id put out this team.

Maka
Taggart Thicot Hanlon Booth
Wotherspoon Bamba Miller Galbraith
Bryne Nish

Why no.

Bayern Bru
06-05-2010, 12:51 PM
McCormack should be nowhere near the team. Conway would rip him a new one by half time at the latest.

Chuckie
06-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Geoff

Stokes Nish

silverhibee
06-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I would play

Maka

McCann---Thicot---Bamba---Rankin

Spoony---McBride---Miller---Riordan

Nish--Stokes

I know it is a complete change to the back four that played last night but they did have a bit of a nightmare, Hogg and Hanlon have both been carrying injuries for weeks and Murray has been very weak at left back for a long run of games now. I have Rankin at LB because I think he'd actually be very good there.

How did Riordan find his way into your team.

lucky
06-05-2010, 02:14 PM
How can Makka be in anyones team? We all know he is worse than every other keeper. 95% on here have said so. How has he became good again?

euro Hibby
06-05-2010, 02:15 PM
people were saying Yogi was the man at 6-2 and now read the posts !

Zazu62
06-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Maka

McCormack
Bamba
Hanlon
Murray

Wotherspoon
Miller
Rankin
Riordan

Stokes
Nish

:wink::blah:

KWJ
06-05-2010, 02:22 PM
How can Makka be in anyones team? We all know he is worse than every other keeper. 95% on here have said so. How has he became good again?

It's a choice of him or Smith. There's a keeper in Smith but he needs it beaten back into him. Same for Maka I suppose but Smith can have no complaints about being dropped.

Give's Maka a goodbye game too.

Zazu62
06-05-2010, 02:23 PM

It will prob be his last game if he was to play?

:confused:

M8UDB
06-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Me

Wotherspoon Thicot Hanlon Murray

Bamba
Deek Miller Rankin

Stokes Nish

Bayern Bru
06-05-2010, 02:25 PM

Both of me think we're the most schizophrenic support in Scotland, but the other four of me aren't so sure.

KWJ
06-05-2010, 02:25 PM
-----------------------Maka---------------------

McCann ----Thicot--------Hanlon-----Murray

Wotherspoon---Bamba----Rankin----Riordan

----------------Nish-------Stokes--------------

Miller
Hogg
Stevenson
Smith
McBride
Galbraith
Benji

If McCann's still not available (was he on the bench yesterday?)

Thicot------Murray-----Hanlon----Stevenson

Would certainly not put Hanlon at LB, seems to set him back.

rightwinger
06-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Firstly, if Hibs need a win they'll go ahead but get a draw. If they need a draw they'll go ahead and lose. If by some miracle we win, Well will win at Ibrox. If we do finish 5th, County will win the cup.

If we do get into the Europa - we'll lose to our in the first-round to the Shamrock Strollers or Lichienstein Athletic. If history teaches us anything, it's that 9 times out of 10 we will come up short - shooting ourselves in the foot 8 of the 9 times. The CIS win and way we sneaked into 3rd on goal difference (helped by Rangers settling for 1-0 remember) in 2005 show that we've already had the benefit of the law of averages.

So with that being so let's not expect too much of the boys on Sunday:

--------------------Makalamby (no point in starting with Brown now)

McCann----------McCormack------Bamba--------Murray

Wotherspoon------Miller--------Rankin----------Riordan

-----------------Stokes---------Nish

2-0 United.

In all seriousness, good luck to United in the cup final. Never mind us getting into Europe if they do - we'll screw that up anyway. Rather, because Levein and Houston have built something there to respect. They've done with little money and less of a fan-base. They've built a team of versatility and humility - a good solid unit. They don't go on and on about playing great football or bang on about it everytime they score a good goal or win a game - they simply get on with it. They achieved more in the 1980's than we've done in the last 55 years but they don't harp on about tradition etc. They don't blur things either, when they're crap they're crap, when they're mediocre they're mediocre, and when they're good they achieve something.

They are a club that we can learn from. Maybe I should support them instead? One thing's for sure, when they do fall from grace it won't be us that replaces them.

hibiedude
06-05-2010, 04:43 PM

Name and shame these people because Yogi was never the man and will never be the man.

RoscoHibby
06-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Firstly, if Hibs need a win they'll go ahead but get a draw. If they need a draw they'll go ahead and lose. If by some miracle we win, Well will win at Ibrox. If we do finish 5th, County will win the cup.

If we do get into the Europa - we'll lose to our in the first-round to the Shamrock Strollers or Lichienstein Athletic. If history teaches us anything, it's that 9 times out of 10 we will come up short - shooting ourselves in the foot 8 of the 9 times. The CIS win and way we sneaked into 3rd on goal difference (helped by Rangers settling for 1-0 remember) in 2005 show that we've already had the benefit of the law of averages.

So with that being so let's not expect too much of the boys on Sunday:

--------------------Makalamby (no point in starting with Brown now)

McCann----------McCormack------Bamba--------Murray

Wotherspoon------Miller--------Rankin----------Riordan

-----------------Stokes---------Nish

2-0 United.

In all seriousness, good luck to United in the cup final. Never mind us getting into Europe if they do - we'll screw that up anyway. Rather, because Levein and Houston have built something there to respect. They've done with little money and less of a fan-base. They've built a team of versatility and humility - a good solid unit. They don't go on and on about playing great football or bang on about it everytime they score a good goal or win a game - they simply get on with it. They achieved more in the 1980's than we've done in the last 55 years but they don't harp on about tradition etc. They don't blur things either, when they're crap they're crap, when they're mediocre they're mediocre, and when they're good they achieve something.

They are a club that we can learn from. Maybe I should support them instead? One thing's for sure, when they do fall from grace it won't be us that replaces them.

This is all a bit poor IMO.

Yogi is likely to go with more or less the same team that started against well, sure smith will be dropped, or we'll here he had issues after that collison and "isn't quite right".

Anyway, more or less same team for me, but I think yogi needs to tell them, right in about it from the off, nail anything that moves in the 1st 10 minutes. Pretty much everyone in the UTD team will have an eye on the cup final, especially with 3rd sewn up. Couple of Ian Murray type challanges should set the tone I think and will see UTD walking on eggshells re. the challenges they are putting in aswell. I think we will sneak 4th.

500miles
06-05-2010, 05:31 PM
....................Maka
.W'Spoon.Bamba...Hanlon.Murray
.............Miller....Thicot
....Rankin....................Riordan
..............Nish.....Stokes

I felt a great deal for Chris Hogg. He's clearly carrying a number of injuries, because getting knocked off the ball just is not the normal Chris Hogg. However, we had no realistic option but to play him, and it infuriates me when his critics ignore this fact, and then use the failings it causes to attack him.

Wotherspiniesta
06-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I'd like to see Murray moved to right back. Everyone, including Tam the groundsman, has had there chance there so why not?

Maka

Murray Thicot Bamba Hanlon

Wotherspoon Miller Rankin Riordan

Nish Stokes

Bench: Flynn Booth McBride Galbraith Taggart Byrne Benji

seanraff07
06-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Smith

Stokes Nish

mcfly
06-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Goram

brownlie
sauzee
Jones
Tortolano (sneaks in just!!)

latapy
bremner
brown
cropley

oconnor
fletcher

Wotherspiniesta
06-05-2010, 07:02 PM
....................Maka
.W'Spoon.Bamba...Hanlon.Murray
.............Miller....Thicot
....Rankin....................Riordan
..............Nish.....Stokes

I felt a great deal for Chris Hogg. He's clearly carrying a number of injuries, because getting knocked off the ball just is not the normal Chris Hogg. However, we had no realistic option but to play him, and it infuriates me when his critics ignore this fact, and then use the failings it causes to attack him.

:faf: One of the funniest things I've read on :hnet:

He could have pushed Thicot into CB and played either McCormack, Wotherspoon or McCann at RB.

Injured or not, Hogg should be nowhere near the starting XI. The fact that he's been carrying injuries and still playing shows a total lack of footballing or even common sense.

rightwinger
06-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Maka

Taggart-Bamba-Hanlon-Murray

Wotherspoon-Miller-Thicot-Riordan

Stokes-Nish

Tried hard to come up with some sad quip (ie there's been another murder performance) but too tired. Everyone else is welcome to have a go.

Judas Iscariot
06-05-2010, 07:05 PM

He could have pushed Thicot into CB and played either McCormack, Wotherspoon or McCann at RB.

Injured or not, Hogg should be nowhere near the starting XI. The fact that he's been carrying injuries and still playing shows a total lack of footballing or even common sense.

:agree:

He's pisher than pish..

Should be on the 1st boat oot of ER along with his useless pal Smith..

Feed McGraw
06-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Put Yogi in goals , he might see what`s going on in the defence from there. Then again he probably won`t. Just keep him away from interviewers - doin` ma heid in.

Atalanta
06-05-2010, 07:29 PM
McCann was on the bench against Hearts. If he is now fit I'd start with him at RB

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Me

Wotherspoon Thicot Hanlon Murray

Bamba
Deek Miller Rankin

Stokes Nish

No width again, with arguably a couple of the better wingers in the league against us!!!!! Aye cheers.

Is this Yogi's tactics?

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2010, 07:49 PM
1 Maka
2 wotherspoon
5 thicot
4 bamba
3 hanlon
7 miller
6 mcbride
8 murray
11 rankin
9 stokes
10 riordan.

Franck is God
06-05-2010, 08:29 PM

I know, I even shocked myself....

500miles
06-05-2010, 08:31 PM

Hogg playing shows a level of commitment that ALL players should aspire to, and every single Hibs fan should be grateful for. As for his ability, it wasn't all that long ago he got the fans POTY award, so he must have something, eh?

McCormack - Not of Standard. Can't pass, doesn't tuck in, and I think that, going forward, in a game where we've scored 6 goals, Thicot showed his worth there.

McCann - Not Kicked a ball for 2 or more years now.

And Wotherspoon had a damn good game at right mid, giving the strikers ammo.

Murray? O'Brien was getting enough joy out of him without putting Stevenson in at left back.

So gonnae think deeper than just throwing player's names at me next time? Cheers.

yekimevol
06-05-2010, 08:31 PM
maka
mccormack,bamba,thico,hanlon
wortherspoon,mcbride,murray,galbraith
riordan,stokes

i feel bad for leaving nish out but im still not convinced:(

BSEJVT
06-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Hogg playing shows a level of commitment that ALL players should aspire to, and every single Hibs fan should be grateful for. As for his ability, it wasn't all that long ago he got the fans POTY award, so he must have something, eh?

McCormack - Not of Standard. Can't pass, doesn't tuck in, and I think that, going forward, in a game where we've scored 6 goals, Thicot showed his worth there.

Murray? O'Brien was getting enough joy out of him without putting Stevenson in at left back.

So gonnae think deeper than just throwing player's names at me next time? Cheers.

I am sorry as I have no wish to be offensive but some of the the above post and your earlier comments must be the biggest lot of bollocks ever posted on Hibs Net.

Thicot is not, never has been or never will be a ball playing footballer, he may just make a centre half somewhere but is too short, not aggressive enough and a serial ball watcher for it to be the SPL.

What worth did he show last night? Watching players run off and past him to score? He cant pass water it astonishes me that anyone can think otherwise.

Your earlier comment re Hogg had me pissing myself, he is the most easily outmuscled centre half in Hibs history.

He has zero positional sense and is unquestionably the least effective captain Hibs have ever had.

IIRC his POTY came on the back of his partnership with Rob Jones, where Rob did all the heading, tackling, geeing up the players and running about like an idiot where Hogg pointed effectively and swept behind him.

Hogg maybe could play sweeper but will never make a centre half in a million years.

Your comment that Murray was getting ripped so dont play Stevenson beggars belief.

You are not Yogi undercover are you.

Two quotes for you

If its broke fix it.

If you keep on doing the same old things dont be surprised when you get the same results.

Having said that you are well entitled to your opinion and we will just have to disagree.

Wotherspiniesta
06-05-2010, 08:49 PM

I'm not doubting Hogg's commitment, if you look through my posts I actually applauded him for playing on after the nasty injury he suffered against Hearts. He's a professional guy and comes across really well in interviews etc.

Unfortunately though he has little defensive qualities to his game. He is constantly outmuscled, out of position, letting the ball bounce when he should be attacking it and getting beat in the air by sometimes smaller opposition.

Hogg was POTY last season, fair play. He had a decent season. Unfortunately it was slim pickings last year. Since Jones left and he got given more responsibility being made captain, he has been found out. He's never captain material because his performances don't inspire confidence and he's not a natural leader.

As for your argument's about the right backs...everyone knows we need a new RB for next season. McCormack looks poor, McCann's never fit (but he did play in the first game of the season, contrary to your belief) and Wotherspoon is wasted at RB, but was doing a decent job there earlier on this season.

Maybe its just a personal opinion but I'd much rather see a guy like McCann or Wotherspoon played at right back, who have the potential to maybe grow into the RB berth and move Thicot into the middle than have a guy like Hogg who (as professional as he may be) inspires absolutely no confidence in the defence and will most likely cost us goals week in week out.

erin go bragh
06-05-2010, 09:06 PM
This wont happen but id put out this team.

Maka
Taggart Thicot Hanlon Booth
Wotherspoon Bamba Miller Galbraith
Bryne Nish

Why no.
eh because why would you drop deek and stokes[40 goals between them]
when its one of our most important games of the season.
your on the windup i think or buckfast

eastmainsmsh
06-05-2010, 09:30 PM
...............................................Mak a................................................. .....

.......................thicot...............bamba. ...............murray.................

spoony..............miller.................rankin. .................riordan......................

...............................................ben ji................................................ .....
.................................stokes........... ......nish.......................................

Cropley10
06-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Smith
Thicot
Hanlon
Hogg
Murray
Wotherspoon
Rankin
Riordan
Miller
Nish
Stokes

Zemmama19
07-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Hanlon better not play far too leightweight against them!

Judas Iscariot
07-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Hanlon better not play far too leightweight against them!

And is Hogg a tower of strength like?

Tha Cabbage Kid
07-05-2010, 02:13 PM
______________Ma-Kalambay______________

Wotherspoon_Thicot____Murray(c)____Hanlon

_Rankin_______Bamba_Miller_______Galbraith_

___________Stokes____Riordan___________

:agree::agree::agree:

mike1875
07-05-2010, 02:30 PM
i am not sure on injuries so this may not be an option

why not try a 3-5-2

Maka
Thicot Bamba Hanlon
Wotherspoon Miller McBride Rankin Murray
Nish Stokes/Riordan

nickwhibs
07-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I'd go for 0-5-6 formation with no one in goals. NO point in playing defenders if they don't defend and no point playing a goalie who can't keep the ball out...:wink:

----------------------------------
----------------------------------
DW--Murray--Miller--McBride-Rankin
Byrne-Benji-Nish-Stokes-Deek-Galbo

:greengrin

hibsfan7
07-05-2010, 02:43 PM
smith
thicot
hanlon
bamba
murray
wotherspoon
millar
mcbride
nish
riorden
stokes

Diclonius
07-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Maka

Thicot Bamba Hanlon Murray

Wotherspoon Miller Rankin Riordan

Nish Stokes

Hogg and Smith out. Sorted.

500miles
08-05-2010, 08:51 AM
I am sorry as I have no wish to be offensive but some of the the above post and your earlier comments must be the biggest lot of bollocks ever posted on Hibs Net.

Thicot is not, never has been or never will be a ball playing footballer, he may just make a centre half somewhere but is too short, not aggressive enough and a serial ball watcher for it to be the SPL.
Stephen Thicot is 6'1'', so that's the "too wee" arguement on it's arse. He doesn't fear taking the ball down under pressure and looking for a pass - that for me is a big part of being a "ball playing centre half". I agree he is less aggressive than I would like, and, If you were to go through my posts regarding him at earlier points in his Hibs career you'll notice that I have commented on it. You'll also notice that I've commented on the fact that we are in need of a big commanding centre half, to play alongside Hogg, Hanlon or Thicot, because they all play the centre half role in the same way - clear up the scraps of the big guy. However, we dont have that big CH, so I'm just pissing with the cock we've got, ok?
What worth did he show last night? Watching players run off and past him to score? He cant pass water it astonishes me that anyone can think otherwise.

Your earlier comment re Hogg had me pissing myself, he is the most easily outmuscled centre half in Hibs history.That's ***** boardering on slanderous. For the time that he has been carrying his back injury - not just the arm injury - he has had problems effectively using his stregnth. He doesn't even look comfortable running, especially after taking a knock or towards the end of games, but you only need to take a look at the laddie to realise that he's a strong, strong boy - currently being hampered by injury.

He has zero positional sense and is unquestionably the least effective captain Hibs have ever had. I disagree on the first point, and the second I've heard about every captain we've had since Sauzee.

IIRC his POTY came on the back of his partnership with Rob Jones, where Rob did all the heading, tackling, geeing up the players and running about like an idiot where Hogg pointed effectively and swept behind him.That's probably your ideal partnership, but like I said, we don't have another RJ type dominance available at the moment - until Bamba returns - and Hogg has been forced to take that role, which doesn't suit him.

Hogg maybe could play sweeper but will never make a centre half in a million years.He's made a pretty good living out of it so far, with POTY awards, playing at a good level, throughout England youth, won the CIS. But I believe, as most people do, that we need that dominant figure to get the most out of, not only Hogg, but the likes of Hanlon and Thicot too.

Your comment that Murray was getting ripped so dont play Stevenson beggars belief.
Murray is a better fullback that Stevenson, so if you're struggling to deal with crosses into the box, you don't make it easier to get those crosses in.
You are not Yogi undercover are you.
Nope. But while my comments are being compared to a time served SPL manager, i can only compare yours to the over-simplified slaverings of on of big Colins 95%. I'm sorry, because i would really like to return the compliament.
Two quotes for you

If its broke fix it.

If you keep on doing the same old things dont be surprised when you get the same results.

just one quote for you

You can only pish with the cock you've got.

Having said that you are well entitled to your opinion and we will just have to disagree.Thanks. The Tories should get you on to helping form thier UK Bill of Rights with insight like that. Condescending berk .

Pam
08-05-2010, 10:41 AM

How can we play without Riordan......top assists, top crosses, plenty goals IMHO he's always the scapegoat for not defending from the front. In the Well game Nish never won a ball in the air all night (or a free kick.....ref takes some blame but Nish could have changed what he was doing), Stokes kept turning into 2 or 3 defenders and losing the ball, when Riordan gets the ball to his feet he creates, there's no doubt about it. So play him up front and accept that he is not a defensive player - he can't tackle anyway so why play him in midfield. Then your decision is between Stokes and Nish.... They both need ball to feet not slammed to chest or punted in the air. I feel Hogg, Rankin, Stokes and Nish have been guilty of losing possession far more than the other players, yet Riordan and Miller get the blame? Maybe I'm watching a different game.....

No point making major changes again - drop Hogg (or pretend he is injured to save face) for Bamba to strengthen the defence and just go for it 4-3-3, Webster and Dods out.....why not?

sparkiehibs
08-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Smith
Hogg Thicot Hanlon Murray
Spoony McBride Miller Galbraith
Stokes Deek

Speed and on the deck football will be the key

Not Height

Thicot plays much better at CH than he does RB
Deek is a STRIKER

snooky
08-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Charlie "look at me" Richmond is the ref tomorrow.

:clown: :clown: :clown: