PDA

View Full Version : Stokes v boyd

shadeparkhibby
06-05-2010, 11:04 AM
How many league goals have they scored this season?stokes cant be far behind?

hibee_girl
06-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Stokes is 1 behind Boyd IIRC

shadeparkhibby
06-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Cant argue with the stats stokes had a great goalscoring season!

Hibee_Lisa
06-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Cant argue with the stats stokes had a great goalscoring season!

:agree: Yet some posters would be happy to see the back of him.

HibeeMcGinn1
06-05-2010, 03:44 PM
:agree: Yet some posters would be happy to see the back of him.

Absolute clown if someone thinks that. I think he scored almost everygoal right through the christmas period.

M11BMO
06-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I'd be gutted to see him go... He knows how to find the net and that's what counts!

Similar player to Boyd in the respect that they are both labelled lazy.. yet they still do what they're best at!

GreenCastle
06-05-2010, 04:11 PM
I'd be gutted to see him go... He knows how to find the net and that's what counts!

Similar player to Boyd in the respect that they are both labelled lazy.. yet they still do what they're best at!

Boyd Rangers 22
Stokes Hibernian 21
Miller Rangers 18
Daly Dundee Utd 13
Riordan Hibernian 13
Jutkiewicz Motherwell 11
Keane Celtic 11
Sutton Motherwell 11
Fortune Celtic 10
Samaras Celtic 10
Goodwillie Dundee Utd 9
Kyle Kilmarnock 8
Mensing Hamilton 8
Antoine-Curier Hamilton 7
Damian Casalinuovo Dundee Utd 7

Could end up SPL top scorer :top marks

Hibs07p
06-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Boyd Rangers 22
Stokes Hibernian 21
Miller Rangers 18
Daly Dundee Utd 13
Riordan Hibernian 13
Jutkiewicz Motherwell 11
Keane Celtic 11
Sutton Motherwell 11
Fortune Celtic 10
Samaras Celtic 10
Goodwillie Dundee Utd 9
Kyle Kilmarnock 8
Mensing Hamilton 8

Nae Hertz players in that list? :confused: Them being the big team likes.

PC Stamp
06-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Nae Hertz players in that list? :confused: Them being the big team likes.

Nope. When you add in Cup goals I think Stokesy has 23 in total this season. That's this season .... which is more goals I believe in just this one season than Christian Nade has scored in his entire career! :greengrin

Martin
06-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Nope. When you add in Cup goals I think Stokesy has 23 in total this season. That's this season .... which is more goals I believe in just this one season than Christian Nade has scored in his entire career! :greengrin

Good stat that lol

Hibs90
06-05-2010, 05:45 PM
We need Stokes, he might be a bit lazy sometimes and his first touch can be terrible but he is a goal-scorer and a good one at that. I seriously hope we keep him because if he leaves and we fail to replace next season we are defo ****ed.

Pete70
06-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Boyd Rangers 22
Stokes Hibernian 21
Miller Rangers 18
Daly Dundee Utd 13
Riordan Hibernian 13
Jutkiewicz Motherwell 11
Keane Celtic 11
Sutton Motherwell 11
Fortune Celtic 10
Samaras Celtic 10
Goodwillie Dundee Utd 9
Kyle Kilmarnock 8
Mensing Hamilton 8

And yet he wins the Clydesdale Bank young player of the year

RoYO!
06-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Another stat- our two top scorers have scored more league goals than celtics THREE top scorers.

If we had managed to stop leaking goals...

What a pisser

RoYO!
06-05-2010, 06:23 PM
We need Stokes, he might be a bit lazy sometimes and his first touch can be terrible but he is a goal-scorer and a good one at that. I seriously hope we keep him because if he leaves and we fail to replace next season we are defo ****ed.

and it can also be goal of the season worthy ;)

seanraff07
06-05-2010, 06:27 PM

Yep, Nade has scored 19 goals his whole career.:greengrin

GreenCastle
06-05-2010, 06:45 PM

Our so called 2 lazy players...Stokes and Riordan certainly know where the net is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Nad%C3%A9

Nade's goals record :grr:

DH1875
06-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Our so called 2 lazy players...Stokes and Riordan certainly know where the net is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Nad%C3%A9 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Nad%C3%A9)

Nade's goals record :grr:

Yet some people on here want rid of them. FACT is if it weren't for these two we would be in a religation battle just now. If either of them go in the summer, that is the time to protest, cancel season tickets etc...

seanraff07
06-05-2010, 10:10 PM
To be honest i couldn't care less if Stokes does 'next to nothing else' in matches if he's going to keep scoring like he has been this season.

And you also need to remember the fact that Stokes only scored about 2 or 3 goals in his first 10 games. Has anyone got statistics of his goal ratio from about October/November onwards? I'm sure it can't be very far off 0.75 goals per game.

matty_f
06-05-2010, 10:13 PM
To be honest i couldn't care less if Stokes does 'next to nothing else' in matches if he's going to keep scoring like he has been this season.

And you also need to remember the fact that Stokes only scored about 2 or 3 goals in his first 10 games. Has anyone got statistics of his goal ratio from about October/November onwards? I'm sure it can't be very far off 0.75 goals per game.

Not only that, but take into account that Boyd scored a rake of goals in a couple of games through December, IIRC (was it 4 or 5 against Utd?) so you could argue that Stokes has been more prolific overall this season.

'Mon the Stokesy! What a signing from Yogi!:thumbsup:

seanraff07
06-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Not only that, but take into account that Boyd scored a rake of goals in a couple of games through December, IIRC (was it 4 or 5 against Utd?) so you could argue that Stokes has been more prolific overall this season.

'Mon the Stokesy! What a signing from Yogi!:thumbsup:

Yep, and Boyd recently went 8 games in a row without a goal, but i think he scored against Dundee.Utd last week which ended that goal drought? But since Stokes scored that peach at Ibrox earlier in the season he has scored consistently throughout the whole season, a little more evened out than Boyd's have been, although while Boyd was scoring goals for fun Stokes was pretty scoring the majority of the goals for us, partly just cause we weren't scoring an awful lot at the time though.

hibsboy90
06-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Boyd has also taken penalties all season, stokes has only really done so recently.

erin go bragh
06-05-2010, 10:37 PM
And yet he wins the Clydesdale Bank young player of the year
wtf is that all about [fin joke] best young player by a country mile:agree:
add his goal of the season against the currant buns :bitchy:

rainman
07-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Qualified for Europe and signed the league's top goalscorer.

Thats some first season Yogi's had! :wink:

HenryMonk
07-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Qualified for Europe and signed the league's top goalscorer.

Thats some first season Yogi's had! :wink:

where:confused: your not banking on dun utd beating RC are you:wink:

snooky
07-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Just an observation - has anybody else commented on how slow Stokes looked when he ran for a through ball with a Motherwell defender?

I knew AS wasn't fast but ...... :eek:

skipster7
07-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Just an observation - has anybody else commented on how slow Stokes looked when he ran for a through ball with a Motherwell defender?

I knew AS wasn't fast but ...... :eek:
i was just about to have a wee moan about that when the defender passed it straight to deek for our third:greengrin

Disc O'Dave
07-05-2010, 06:53 PM

I think Hearts top league goalscorer this season has 6. Yes 6, the amount of goals we scored in one game. As did Motherwell.

That's the difference.

since90plustwo
07-05-2010, 07:37 PM
and to think he only scored two by the time he scored that peach against the huns:agree: