PDA

View Full Version : Worst Goal Conceded Last Night

The Sea-gull
06-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Some real howlers in there but which was worst?

H18sry
06-05-2010, 11:18 AM
They were all bad goals to lose but the soft 4th goal gave them all the encouragement they needed to go on and win a point.

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2010, 11:21 AM
3,4 and 5 were just plain and simple goalkeeping errors, Macar would have got nearer them than that clown.

scoopyboy
06-05-2010, 11:23 AM
I voted fourth but fifth was equally as bad.

Diclonius
06-05-2010, 11:44 AM
They were all bad goals to lose but the soft 4th goal gave them all the encouragement they needed to go on and win a point.

This.

I sarcastically applauded their third goal with great gusto :bitchy: but once the fourth went in I knew we were ****ed.

MB62
06-05-2010, 11:46 AM

The 5th was shirley a clear foul on Smith. Sutton gave him smash on his face and chest with his arm before heading into the net. In this day and age where if you fart in the general direction of a keeper it's a foul, that was a defo free-kick :grr:

It might have helped if Hogg had put in a challange too mind.

Having watched the BBC highlights, Thicot looks at fault for about three of the goals as he stands watching rather than marking.

PeterboroHibee
06-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Having just watched them there (and I dont know why I did), def the 4th goal, but all of them were really bad.

I just dont understand how our defence is that bad, why they cant seem to be organised as a unit; I mean what do they get told in training during the week that makes them come out and defend like that :confused:?

You could see how genuinely gutted all the players looked on the 4th goal, all of them looking at Smith in disbelief, think they knew we were going to mess it up as well. Ive seen plenty of free kicks miss the defence and go in, but never when it was right at the keeper.

PeterboroHibee
06-05-2010, 11:50 AM
The 5th was shirley a clear foul on Smith. Sutton gave him smash on his face and chest with his arm before heading into the net. In this day and age where if you fart in the general direction of a keeper it's a foul, that was a defo free-kick :grr:

It might have helped if Hogg had put in a challange too mind.

Having watched the BBC highlights, Thicot looks at fault for about three of the goals as he stands watching rather than marking.

Cant agree with that, Smith was never winning the ball, Sutton was already in the air when Smith jumped up, was a terrible decision. Him leaving the goal for a ball he wasnt going to get (something he was doing all night) left the striker with a much easier chance of scoring.

Stevie Reid
06-05-2010, 11:58 AM
The defending overall was horrendous, but I do hold Smith responsible for the result - their 3rd and 4th goals were the ones that really gave them hope, the 5th made us not winning inevitable, all were his fault. To top it off, his decision that led to the penalty was awful, though credit to him for the save obviously.

Bayern Bru
06-05-2010, 12:01 PM
The 4th for me. At a time when some of us are clamouring for Smith to be the number one goalie he's done himself no favours at all.

I'd like to see Maka in goals on Sunday, for the simple reasons that I think a) he has a point to prove and b) Smith's confidence has b*ggered off elsewhere.

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Cant agree with that, Smith was never winning the ball, Sutton was already in the air when Smith jumped up, was a terrible decision. Him leaving the goal for a ball he wasnt going to get (something he was doing all night) left the striker with a much easier chance of scoring.

:agree: Aye but at least he's not like Stack, and he does come off his line.:faf:

greenlex
06-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Some real howlers in there but which was worst?
I havent voted cos I think you are a Yam on the wind up. :wink:

M11BMO
06-05-2010, 04:45 PM

I agree...

hibiedude
06-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Smith allowing freekick to slip past right in middle of goal

hibernian36
06-05-2010, 04:49 PM
i voted for the fourth but look again at their first goal on the bbc website. Coke is given all the time and space in the world completely un-marked in the box and Thicot leaves it far too late to come in with a challenge.

Atalanta
06-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I agree that Smith was awful for the 5th but where were Hogg and Hanlon. One of them should have been winning that ball. I'd need to look at the TV highlights again but suspect that Hogg never got off the ground again

mim
06-05-2010, 08:18 PM
I agree with the majority that the fourth was the worst goal to lose, but not because of anything Smith did or didn't do.

Sure, he looked bad as the ball sneaked past his left foot, but the defence was far too deep - right on top of him - and none of them even tried to head the ball away. They all happily left the ball and Smith didn't have enough time to react. It was a defender's ball to clear.

mikey1875
06-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Goal 5 - Sutton header from corner - Smith flapping, no challeneges, man on post not tall enough

I still thought this goal was a foul on Smith. however i dont think he was ever getting it

Geo_1875
06-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Definitely 6th was the worst. We had the ball in their half and they should have kept it there. Once the ball was played forward Hanlon should have stopped the Well player and given a foul as far out as possible. With the ball in the penalty area he should have kept himself between the Well player and the goal. Instead he got too close and gave the guy his chance. It was the best taken of the 12 goals but was bad from our point of view in so many ways.

snooky
06-05-2010, 11:15 PM
IMO th 6th goal could very well be goal of the season. To be fair it was a wonderful strike. The other 5 were embarrassing though.
OTBAH.

hibee4life1983
07-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Wasnt hogg trying a karate kick for the 2nd goal when the ball was just above head height???

Hogg reminded me of a certain tortolano!

hibee4life1983
07-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Heedless chicken, hense the chicken.