PDA

View Full Version : Honesty and Ambition

Swindonfan
06-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I am a swindon fan but also love hibs from my time in edinburgh. Hibs are like swindon, you feel you need to get 7 before you think you might win the game. Being 6-2 up and not winning there was always gonna be upset fans after that. Amazed to read on text Yogi quoted as saying " if we trained like champions we would have seen that game out". Who is in charge of training the team ? Whos job is it to make sure they are fit and whos job is it to motivate them and make sure they give their all from the 1st to the last minute ? For swindon we have gone from almost relegated to almost promoted in a year. Thou i dont think we will make it up. But the change in quality of player and performance has been amazing. We havent spent big. £100,000 for cuthbert from celtic whos been immense. Some great freebees in Lucus and Douglas from Leeds. And some great loan signings in Ferry from Celtic, Ward from Bolton, Darby a right back ( i know you want one of them ) and Sheehan from Leeds.
For me Hibs need changes and big ones on the pitch. For me Yogi either has to be honest and say these players i have are not good enough and look to get rid or he is not doing his job properly. You fans know the strength and weaknesses of your players. You know where the team needs improving. If the manager is only suggesting 2 or 3 new players, what planet is he on, Hibs legend or not. Mixu was a Hibs legend and he didnt do great in the Easter Road hot seat. I have seen the whole of league one teams down south and there is quality in it. Players at clubs you wouldnt expect, like Exeter who had a fab centre back and central midfielder who i would think would do very well in the SPL, who would jump at the chance to play for hib, and are better than Hibs have at present.
Hibs need beefing up for me. Only Bamba has physical strength. For me Yogi has to be honest with himself, the fans, and the board and say big changes are needed as the quality and the mentality isnt right in the present squad. He has to show the fans he has the honesty to see the faults and the ambition to sort it. Ive sat amongst you, you are a great bunch and you support a great club, you deserve better. Time for Yogi to get real or get out. You need someone whos gonna do whats needed and bring in quality cos its out there , not free transfers from Falkirk.