PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe I'm saying this, but..

Diclonius
06-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Put Maka in goals for Sunday! :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Put Maka in goals for Sunday! :bitchy:

Me too, never wanted to see him again, but Smith has single handedly put us out the cup, and thrown the last 2 games away. Is he friends with John Higgins?

Stevie Reid
06-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Aye, get Maka in - been critical of the big man many times in the past but he needs to return for Sunday. Smith has actually looked assured in the majority of our games but there's no escaping the fact that in our 3 biggest games of the season - Ross Co. away, Yams on Saturday and last night - he has sold the pies with horrendous errors.

Maka on Sunday and a fit Mark Brown for next season please.

hibsbollah
06-05-2010, 10:20 AM
I was thinking about Gomez the Spurs keeper the other day. Last season he was a clown, Alan Hansen described him as 'the worst keeper to ever play in the Premier league', making mistakes week after week, newspapers making fun of him, abused by his own fans etc etc.

This season a lot of pundits have described him as the best keeper in England, and has contributed massively to Spurs making the champions league places.

It goes to show that with keepers, who depend on the mental side and confidence more than other players, you can go from zero to hero quite quickly.

Maka back please:agree:

Rudebwai
06-05-2010, 10:29 AM
I liked Maka, although a bit unorthadox at times, every keeper makes mistakes and i think most of his were purely down to loss of concentration and at times lack of aggression. This could be put down to inexperience and also his mind being else where due to family problems.
He is certainly no worse than Stack or Smith, i agree bring him back.

ahibby
06-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Has to be Maka for me and is Bamba back for the last game?

hibee_girl
06-05-2010, 10:32 AM
I have said all along that Maka was dropped far too rashly in December, he's the best keeper we have at the club (fair enough I haven't seen Brown play for us yet)

Would feel much better with him in goals on Sunday :agree:

Woody1985
06-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Ohhh this thread is going to be interesting. Grass is always greener and all that eh.

I hope Maka does come back in and plays well. I've always liked the big guy and almost got in a square go sticking up for him during the Rangers 4-1 game!

Admittedly I was pished and the other guy was right about his performance that day but I was adament that he's still a good keeper. :tee hee:

hibee_girl
06-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Has to be Maka for me and is Bamba back for the last game?

Yes Bamba is back

hibsbollah
06-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Hibs Spain back too please:thumbsup:

Iain G
06-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Ohhh this thread is going to be interesting. Grass is always greener and all that eh.

I hope Maka does come back in and plays well. I've always liked the big guy and almost got in a square go sticking up for him during the Rangers 4-1 game!

Admittedly I was pished and the other guy was right about his performance that day but I was adament that he's still a good keeper. :tee hee:

The game he got injured in but didn't come off as we only had young Flynn on the bench you mean? :agree:

silverhibee
06-05-2010, 11:31 AM

:agree::agree::agree:

Judas Iscariot
06-05-2010, 11:34 AM

Too far :bitchy:

:wink:

Sir David Gray
06-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Now we know just how desperate we have become when we are calling for the return of Makalambay.

The goalkeeping (as well as the entire defence in general) was absolutely shambolic last night but Makalambay isn't the answer for me. I think he is a fantastic character and I have a lot of time for him as a person but he has been at fault for some pretty awful goals at times. He is still young, particularly for a goalkeeper, and there is still plenty of time for him to improve. However, I think that should be away from Easter Road.

For next season, I think we need to see Mark Brown in goal, with Graham Stack as the number two.

ahibby
06-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Now we know just how desperate we have become when we are calling for the return of Makalambay.

The goalkeeping (as well as the entire defence in general) was absolutely shambolic last night but Makalambay isn't the answer for me. I think he is a fantastic character and I have a lot of time for him as a person but he has been at fault for some pretty awful goals at times. He is still young, particularly for a goalkeeper, and there is still plenty of time for him to improve. However, I think that should be away from Easter Road.

For next season, I think we need to see Mark Brown in goal, with Graham Stack as the number two.

We might be clutching at straws true enough but we can't go out with the same defence and keeper as we have in the last two games, they were and are culpable.

Bad Martini
06-05-2010, 11:49 AM
We do not have a decent keeper at Easter Road. We have 3 keepers who between them could do a job but individually, cannot.

Rather than pissing around looking at more places in the team needing anything, our number one priority purchase should be a proper, decent, can catch the ball/kick the ball/stop the ball KEEPER.

THEN, we'll worry about other positions. If you have reliability problems between the sticks, you are ****ed. We cannot rely on the forwards battering in 2, 3, 4, 5 or even 6 goals if the dip****s at the back leak goals like the Titantic leaked water....

euro Hibby
06-05-2010, 05:16 PM
yeah agree Hibs Spain back if maka plays at Dundee and we don't lose !!

silverhibee
06-05-2010, 05:23 PM
I would gey rid of atleast two of our goalies, and try and sign Cerney from Hamilton.

Scotthibs1875
06-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Maka isn't the answer. Yes Smith was at fault for some of our goals recently but Maka is a joke as well. He is one of many sh!ite bags at our club who would just add to the problem. I would rather have Graham Stack in goals than him and that's saying something. Im pritty confident that Mark Brown is a good kepper but we will have to wait and see.

Scotthibs1875
06-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Remember this:
YouTube - Terrible kick Ma-Kalamba!! [ MUST SEE THIS!!] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDJagu72hVE&NR=1)

500miles
06-05-2010, 05:36 PM
To be fair to Smith, I think he showed he was a good keeper with Motherwell. Some keepers go through periods where they just don't do it, and he's taken a few knocks over the last year or so with getting taken out of the team unfairly, firstly at Brighton, where he was involved in some calamitous defensive displays, rather than goalkeeping displays, and secondly here after the St. J's game. I wouldn't be suprised if his confidence is shattered right now.

Hibs90
06-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Smith is a good SPL level keeper, but not good enough for where we want to go.

Maka will grow as our performances grow and he will fulfil his potential to be a really good keeper. Play him every week from now on and give him a new deal. So what if he makes a blunder, he will learn from it under the right guidance.