PDA

View Full Version : whats all the fuss about

hibsclass
06-05-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't post much on here but i'm totally disgusted!! with this Yogi GTF nonesense. Who do you want as manager? Mcghee, pressley mcpherson or any other numpty scrapping at the bottom of the league for survival. OR yogi at the top end fighting for a place in europe. as for other managers, Collins jumped ship when he thought the wheels were coming off!! Mowbray preached to anyone who would listen about loyalty and left at the 1st offer he got AND won F...k ALL and Mcleish left us with quality players like Hurtado. We are 1 point off 4th and will finish above the yams. As for yogi laughing and joking after the game if you watched he wasn't laughing and joking when they scored the equaliser!!! it seems nothing he does is ever right. He can only pick the players he has available!! if they are not good enough then maybe the board should start spending some money on the team!!

SlickShoes
06-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Its about winning 2 out of 17 games.

I dont care who you are that is abysmal. Jim Duffy level performance.

If we start next season as bad as we are finishing this one then we are REALLY in trouble.

Also what money do you want the board to start spending? We are a small club with a small budget, get used to it.

khib70
06-05-2010, 10:01 AM
I don't post much on here but i'm totally disgusted!! with this Yogi GTF nonesense. Who do you want as manager? Mcghee, pressley mcpherson or any other numpty scrapping at the bottom of the league for survival. OR yogi at the top end fighting for a place in europe. as for other managers, Collins jumped ship when he thought the wheels were coming off!! Mowbray preached to anyone who would listen about loyalty and left at the 1st offer he got AND won F...k ALL and Mcleish left us with quality players like Hurtado. We are 1 point off 4th and will finish above the yams. As for yogi laughing and joking after the game if you watched he wasn't laughing and joking when they scored the equaliser!!! it seems nothing he does is ever right. He can only pick the players he has available!! if they are not good enough then maybe the board should start spending some money on the team!!
Hi Yogi:bye:

K.Marx
06-05-2010, 10:01 AM
scrapping at the bottom of the league for survival

Thats exactly where we'll be if we keep this blind faith in Yogi :bitchy:

Andy74
06-05-2010, 10:02 AM

If we start next season as bad as we are finishing this one then we are REALLY in trouble.

Also what money do you want the board to start spending? We are a small club with a small budget, get used to it.

Why would we start the season like this? You don't tend to have your key players injured or supended, you don't tned to have your young players burnt out and you don't tned to be playing on mud or sand heaps.

You also have the opportunity of new players coming in where they are needed.

If people really do think this is indiciative of how we will play next year then I'm sorry, I couldn't disagree more.

Instead I see a huge positive that for 2/3 of the season we were getting results and we'd only begun to build the squad. I can't see us on a run like this again if we get some players in and so the possibilities for next year are that we can carry that form on for a whole season, or at least longer than this year.

Having had a dismal run we could still be a point away from 4th place. That puts into perspective what we could achieve next year.

Taking a 12 week period at the end of a long hard season is not an indicator for me of where the team can be next year.

TheMentalHibees
06-05-2010, 10:04 AM
If you even have to ask, then you clearly won't understand the answer.

lyonhibs
06-05-2010, 10:08 AM
I don't post much on here but i'm totally disgusted!! with this Yogi GTF nonesense. Who do you want as manager? - McInnes. Mcghee, pressley mcpherson or any other numpty scrapping at the bottom of the league for survival. OR yogi at the top end fighting for a place in europe. as for other managers, Collins jumped ship when he thought the wheels were coming off - he got lesser players 10 times as fit as that mob. Can you see a Collins team throwing away a 4 goal lead in 25 minutes!! Mowbray preached to anyone who would listen about loyalty and left at the 1st offer he got AND won F...k ALL and Mcleish left us with quality players like Hurtado. We are 1 point off 4th and will finish above the yams. As for yogi laughing and joking after the game if you watched he wasn't laughing and joking when they scored the equaliser!!! it seems nothing he does is ever right. He can only pick the players he has available!! if they are not good enough then maybe the board should start spending some money on the team - because Miller and Stokes and Smith and Brown were total freebies in terms of transfer/signing on fees, aye???? :confused:!!

Sorry Yogi, the buck stops with you, and you can't handle it.

Get
Tae

Lee Marvin
06-05-2010, 10:13 AM

Are you for real mate. So many of your points are flawed-

- McLeish brought us Latapy and Sauzee from literally nowhwere, the 2 best players in the last 40 years. Also got us into Europe, a SC final and played awesome football. Oh and he took the job when Hibs were a bigger shambles than now.
- Please please pleas do not defend the laughing. Disusting act 30 secs after the final whistle of the biggest capitulation ever in the most important game of the season
- He can only pick players available!! No, despite having a squad of 20 or so he only picks from a squad of 13/14. Nobody gets dropped despite results and individual performances. What sort of message does this send??

And dont even get me started on the spending money. When was the last time a manger got to sign players of the repuation of Stokes and Miller. Do you think they will be on £1000 per week I think not. Also how much do you think Mark Brown will be on?

Hughes, do the decent think and leave immediatly please
-

Steve20
06-05-2010, 10:18 AM

You talk alot of pish.

hibsclass
06-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Lets just sack him then and we can have a new manager every season!!! and when the season finishes and we are in Europe Hughes will be a failure aye!!!!!!!!!!!

SlickShoes
06-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Why would we start the season like this? You don't tend to have your key players injured or supended, you don't tned to have your young players burnt out and you don't tned to be playing on mud or sand heaps.

If people really do think this is indiciative of how we will play next year then I'm sorry, I couldn't disagree more.

Instead I see a huge positive that for 2/3 of the season we were getting results and we'd only begun to build the squad. I can't see us on a run like this again if we get some players in and so the possibilities for next year are that we can carry that form on for a whole season, or at least longer than this year.

Having had a dismal run we could still be a point away from 4th place. That puts into perspective what we could achieve next year.

Taking a 12 week period at the end of a long hard season is not an indicator for me of where the team can be next year.

I did say "IF" i dont think we will start the season poorly and i think if hughes is still the manager and we do start poorly he should be kept for the entire season regardless because starting bad and chucking him is as bad as this finishing bad and chucking him.

Anyway we are hibs and what we do is start the season well and fall away, the only time this becomes problematic is when we dont start well we are really in trouble.

SalfordHibs
06-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Lets just sack him then and we can have a new manager every season!!! and when the season finishes and we are in Europe Hughes will be a failure aye!!!!!!!!!!!

:bye: Get tae **** Yogi

lyonhibs
06-05-2010, 10:35 AM

Here's an idea - let's just get a manager who can get a team playing for 90 minutes, isn't as blind as a bat to the team's shortcomings week after week after week, and doesn't throw away a 10+ point lead on his rivals to leave the team - in our worst run of league form for almost a generation - struggling to wrap up 4th place.

People DO realise that, unless we pull an absolute miracle beyond miracles at Tannadice, and the Huns do us a favour at Hunbrox (this scenario should never have arisen, but that's already been discussed), then the type of "Europe" we'll be getting into is of the "playing the Liechenstein runners up in mid-June and probably losing" type.

That's not european competition in any real sense of the word - it's "Europe Lite" via the back door, and if what's we are reduced to, then Yogi and a lot of the players should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

SalfordHibs
06-05-2010, 10:36 AM

What Yogi's quote of we only need 2 more players :bitchy:

What form 2 wins in 17 games :bye:

Get tae **** Yogi

SalfordHibs
06-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Here's an idea - let's just get a manager who can get a team playing for 90 minutes, isn't as blind as a bat to the team's shortcomings week after week after week, and doesn't throw away a 10+ point lead on his rivals to leave the team - in our worst run of league form for almost a generation - struggling to wrap up 4th place.

People DO realise that, unless we pull an absolute miracle beyond miracles at Tannadice, and the Huns do us a favour at Hunbrox (this scenario should never have arisen, but that's already been discussed), then the type of "Europe" we'll be getting into is of the "playing the Liechenstein runners up in mid-June and probably losing" type.

That's not european competition in any real sense of the word - it's "Europe Lite" via the back door, and if what's we are reduced to, then Yogi and a lot of the players should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

:top marks

skipster7
06-05-2010, 10:51 AM

agree with all that mate ,it seemed like it had all come good last night as motherwell would have had to win at ibrox. im still stunned at the capitulation and would be surprised if we get anything at tannadice but you never know with hibs.on a side note surely the first ties wont take place until after the world cup ?

Arch Stanton
06-05-2010, 11:31 AM
I don't post much on here but i'm totally disgusted!! with this Yogi GTF nonesense.

He can only pick the players he has available!! if they are not good enough then maybe the board should start spending some money on the team!!

OK, so you think Hughes is doing alright - which is fair enough - but, if you did think that Hibs was being mismanaged then I'm pretty sure you would be upset too.

Hughes got backing from the board and he used those resources badly so don't blame them.

ahibby
06-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Last night was hard to swallow but even if we had won we could still have ended up fifth if we lost to Utd and Hoofwell beat Rangers. No one is happy with this bad run and what has appeared to be tactical ineptitude at times but we have to look beyond that to the positive possibilities for next season. If we are at or near the bottom after ten games then I doubt whether one Hibs fan on here would disagree with him getting the bullet. On the other hand if we were sitting third or higher at the same point not one will be asking for his head.

Dinkydoo
06-05-2010, 11:37 AM

Rubbish.

I think you'll find that Yogi has had some cash to play with - more so than the likes of Collins and Mowbray (who had to rely almopst entirely on the youth system).

Phil D. Rolls
06-05-2010, 11:38 AM

Mrs Hughes, even you must see that the recent run of results has not been the best. If this was one ***** up in isolation I'd understand why you think we aren't treating John fairly.

The last time we had a run of results like this, we got relegated. Surely John must remember that, as he was one of the players in the team. He had no idea how to play the game then either.

I hope you haven't taken on too big a mortgage.

khib70
06-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Mrs Hughes, even you must see that the recent run of results has not been the best. If this was one ***** up in isolation I'd understand why you think we aren't treating John fairly.

The last time we had a run of results like this, we got relegated. Surely John must remember that, as he was one of the players in the team. He had no idea how to play the game then either.

I hope you haven't taken on too big a mortgage.
:faf::faf::top marks

basehibby
06-05-2010, 12:13 PM

I know you are upset - so is everybody on here at losing a 4 goal lead - but that's no excuse for talking out your erse - getting a point at Tannadice will be a tough job but would be a million miles away from miraculous. :rolleyes:

Last night's performance was like a snapshot of our season - building up a strong lead with some scintilating play only to take the foot off the gas and end up drawing rather than winning. Yogi certainly should take his share of the blame as his tactical naivety has been a contributory factor, but the players also have to have a hard look at themselves as they consistently seem to be downing tools before the job is done.

Any analysis that focuses purely on shortcomings while ignoring the positives (who was in charge when the 10 point/4 goal leads were accumulated for example???) is deeply flawed though, and that's what most of the Yogi out mob are doing right now. 4th place is still there to fight for and the Yams challenge is now history - that's what I'm focusing on right now - Yogi's end of term report card can wait until after Sunday.

Spudster
06-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Rubbish.

I think you'll find that Yogi has had some cash to play with - more so than the likes of Collins and Mowbray (who had to rely almopst entirely on the youth system).

I actually think JC would do well with the current team and would have him back in a flash (as I would Mowbray) :tin hat:

basehibby
06-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Rubbish.

What a load of utter gash some posters are spouting at the moment - stuff from the realms of pure fantasy! Mowbray did most of his work at Hibs on a shoestring - I'll give you that - but Collins spent close on a million in his one summer window at Hibs - largely on a bunch of complete huddys - while getting rid of some quality players who he was apparently unable to handle after they couldn't/wouldn't buy into his vision.
Give Hughes credit where it's due - he has effectively done the opposite - getting rid of a load of dross while recruiting some real quality without breaking the bank (Stokes was the only one who cost anything IIRC).

McHibby
06-05-2010, 12:28 PM

Where is the rule saying we have to get someone currently in the SPL?

I'm not just talking about this time, but I really hate the counter arguement of 'who do you see coming in, like?' - it's not a logical reason to keep someone in a job.

--------
06-05-2010, 12:38 PM

We're one of the bigger clubs in our League, and our budget over the past 15 years has been big enough to stretch to the complete rebuilding of the stadium and the purchase and construction of an extensive training complex at East Mains. And we've done this while reducing our indebtedness by a very significant margin.

It's not the size of the budget, IMO - it's what the budget gets spent on.

All the work that's been done needed doing - of that I have no doubt. The club's infrastructure was outdated and inadequate and needed replacing and developing. Other clubs in the SPL have postponed similar work, equally urgent, and spent more money on player contracts. Hibs rightly decided to radically redevelop the stadium and training facilities, and as a result the team has suffered over the past few years, not least because other clubs of a similar size and ambition decided to postpone urgently-needed building and development work in order to spend money on their teams.

Motherwell are a glaring case in point - when was the last time they did anything to limit the appalling ghastliness of the decaying bomb-site they call their "stadium"?

The rumours circulating that our second-top scorer and arguably the most talented player on our books is about to be moved on to a team in England is depressing to say the least. The suspicion that Sol Bamba will be transferred out in the summer, and the fee not fully reinvested in making good deficiencies in the player squad, is again disquieting and depressing. The feeling that we're always dealing in the bargain-basement of the transfer market doesn't help, even if we do find real gems there from time to time.

The root of the problem IMO is that while we can be sure we have an owner and a CEO and board who are clearly committed to making the club financially sound, and who have worked very hard on stadium etc, I think most supporters still wonder just how committed STF and RP are to making the Hibs team on the pitch as good as it can possibly be.

"Spending £1 less than we take in" isn't a terribly inspiring battle-cry, really - not when the fans are desperate to see the team really fighting to be the best that they can be.

I think what we should be looking for now is that the same level of investment that we've seen devoted to stadium and training ground should be maintained, but now devoted to the development of the team. Because in a football club the team - and only the team - really matters at the end of it all.

Right now the funds need to be there to enable the manager to make good the obvious deficiencies in the first team squad - full-backs, centre-half, dirty big midfield player, etc - BEFORE the start of next season. And the manager needs to DO IT.

sahib
06-05-2010, 01:10 PM
If managing Hibs, was as easy as people on here seem to think, then I should have seen them win the league on many times by now. Instead, I have seen them relegated twice and bump around narrowly avoiding relegation on several other occasions.
People seem to forget, that the now much loved old guru ET, was in charge for at least one of those debacles. The great Paddy Stanton and Bertie Auld achieved nothing, the latter's team made your ruddy eyes bleed. Collins didn't realise what he dealing with in terms of the budget constraints which stopped him replacing lost quality. It followed that mistakes by him in the transfer market could not be quickly rectified. Mixu's team did not, despite his claims, attempt to play a passing game. He favoured the quick, long ball from back to front. Mowbray is the only manager we have had in the last thirty years, who I felt had a bit of nouce and insight but even he seems to have gone a bit loopy. Yogi may not know what he is doing but he is not alone.

bighairyfaeleith
06-05-2010, 01:18 PM

Sorry Mrs but you are making a huge assumption there!!!

In europe :faf:

KWJ
06-05-2010, 01:20 PM

We'll just pass it on to Hearts then shall we?

The fact that we are in a position to win a game against Dundee Utd we'll get a front door (:wink:) access to Europe assuming Well can't win at Ibrox. Nothing too shabby with that. Then when you hear we've only won 2 in the last 17 it's incredible.

I highly doubt we'll start next season like we've ended this one and if we do, we'll act on it then.

GGTTH

KWJ
06-05-2010, 01:21 PM

umm, you do realise that it'll take a pretty big shock for us not to be in europe don't you?

Iggy Pope
06-05-2010, 08:24 PM
I actually think JC would do well with the current team and would have him back in a flash (as I would Mowbray) :tin hat:

Mowbray - 4 - 1 up to Dundee. At home. Jogging any memories?

Iggy Pope
06-05-2010, 08:29 PM
If managing Hibs, was as easy as people on here seem to think, then I should have seen them win the league on many times by now. Instead, I have seen them relegated twice and bump around narrowly avoiding relegation on several other occasions.
People seem to forget, that the now much loved old guru ET, was in charge for at least one of those debacles. The great Paddy Stanton and Bertie Auld achieved nothing, the latter's team made your ruddy eyes bleed. Collins didn't realise what he dealing with in terms of the budget constraints which stopped him replacing lost quality. It followed that mistakes by him in the transfer market could not be quickly rectified. Mixu's team did not, despite his claims, attempt to play a passing game. He favoured the quick, long ball from back to front. Mowbray is the only manager we have had in the last thirty years, who I felt had a bit of nouce and insight but even he seems to have gone a bit loopy. Yogi may not know what he is doing but he is not alone.

A point I have tried to make on here before.
I remember being embarrassed at Hibs capitulating to lower league opposition a few times under Eddie turnbull's tenure.
I'm still living Arbroath down now in fact.

And we took plenty of doings under Mowbray as well.

Iggy Pope
06-05-2010, 08:33 PM

Someone will probably beat me to it, but we need a huge cup final shock or something like a 10 goal swing against us not to make Europe.....er... nervous smiley etc etc

Dinkydoo
07-05-2010, 12:00 PM

I think JC would do well with the current setup as well.

What a load of utter gash some posters are spouting at the moment - stuff from the realms of pure fantasy! Mowbray did most of his work at Hibs on a shoestring - I'll give you that - but Collins spent close on a million in his one summer window at Hibs - largely on a bunch of complete huddys - while getting rid of some quality players who he was apparently unable to handle after they couldn't/wouldn't buy into his vision.
Give Hughes credit where it's due - he has effectively done the opposite - getting rid of a load of dross while recruiting some real quality without breaking the bank (Stokes was the only one who cost anything IIRC).

OK so you agree with the first part I said about Mowbray and not with the bit about JC.

You acknowledge that JC spent around a million - has Hughes not spent a similar amount? In a season where we're having our East stand redeveloped.

"Realms of pure fantasy" :faf:

I think that is going a bit far - I'm also failing to see what your point is in relation to my post (or have I covered it :confused:).

Niffy
07-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Why would it have to be Magoo or any other of these rejects ?
The board always says at manager hunt time they get plenty of "quality applications".

FRes Hibbie
07-05-2010, 12:36 PM

Why wouldn't our end of season form be indicitive of how we'll start next year? Dundee Utd have ended this season in great form, so with the benefits of a transfer window to strengthen, better pitches to play on, refreshed squad and no suspentions (the things you say are why we'll be better next year) aren't they likely to be even better next year too? Same goes for Motherwell, Hearts, even Aberdeen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I want Hughes sacked, but I can see (with the kind of run we're on) why people are getting seriously concerned. Your factors for why we won't be this bad next year just aren't valid imo because they're not factors that exclusively benefit Hibs.