06-05-2010, 09:14 AM
100%.

Darth Hibbie
06-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Yep 100%. We will improve.

hibs0666
06-05-2010, 09:17 AM

Seeing as last night was our worst collapse since 1889, the only way is up from here. :wink:

M8UDB
06-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Ragin after last night but i would still like to give him until x-mas at least, see what he can do this time in the transfer window - hope i dont live to regret saying that though!!

K.Marx
06-05-2010, 09:20 AM
NO

PeterboroHibee
06-05-2010, 09:21 AM
If we get 4th then yes, which is a big ask for him going by recent results.

Its in our hands though, tough game but we need the belief we can do it.

If we dont get 4th, it seems like from around January (and the transfer window), when we were in a really good position, its been little more than bad decision after bad decision which really isnt good enough.

Cropley10
06-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Ragin after last night but i would still like to give him until x-mas at least, see what he can do this time in the transfer window - hope i dont live to regret saying that though!!

When we will be solidly in the teeth of a relegation battle with 8,000 there every week.

andrew70
06-05-2010, 09:28 AM
100%. Yesterday just proves to me that the players (well the defence; hogg, thicot, smith) aren't up to the job. I feel sorry for Stokes, Deek, Nish, Miller, Spoony who were all outstanding last night to be let down by that disgrace of a defence.

Yogi will get it right! Sort out the defence and we'll be a decent side.

And to the people who say he had the chance to bring players in, in January, I say to them tell me one side who improved their team in january. Whats the point in making mediocre signings to replace mediocre players.

We can still finish 4th and providing nothing sinister happens wi Walter and Archi we will. Granted we should have been in Europe long before now but the players arent good enough apart from a core group and that is what has ultimately let us down not the manager.

Scorrie
06-05-2010, 09:28 AM
His laughing at the end of last night's game was out of order and I dont want to see that again from a Hibs manager whose team has just collapsed. However willing to give him time. Am fed up with a new manager every year and I dont see how a club can progress like that. Give him the next transfer window and next season to improve on league position and improve defence, fitness and instill a winning mentality. If not obvious by mid season then he should get his jotters.

M8UDB
06-05-2010, 09:33 AM
When we will be solidly in the teeth of a relegation battle with 8,000 there every week.

Hopefully not but my theory is it takes longer than a season to build a good team. Ill wait and see his signings in the summer and then see what i think

HibbyAndy
06-05-2010, 09:34 AM
In the heat of the moment last night i was a wee bit livid with Hughes, said some harsh and rash stuff, More down to blowing a 4 goal lead than anything, but i am 100% behind JH to get it right in the summer transfer window and fill the adequate positions that need rectified.And instill a winning mentality and get the confidence built into there mindset.

There's 3 or 4 players IMO that need to be moved on in the summer and replaced with better players, If things are still not right by October then punt him, But in the meantime he will have my backing.

Andy74
06-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Yep, I am as disappointed as anyone but disagree about the target of the abuse.

There's a few things needd addressed but they need addressed by the manager.

I'm wondering what other manager will make Hanlon defend high long balls better at his age? What manager will ensure none of our keepers make any errors? Ensure our better players aren't injured for big chunks of the season?

I thik the manager knows where we need to fix things and he will. Looking at 12 week periods isn't that helpful. There was a 12 week period earlier where we didn't lose, which one do you pick?

I don't beleive just because it's the end of the season that it is a tredn for the way the club is going, it's a reflection of where we are right now having had young players playing all season, players that haven't played full seasons for years if ever and having had key players injured or suspended.

It's about not having the right type of players in certain areas or the right presence for certain games.

Hughes know all these things and if we are here next year again then it's right to think about things then.

Andy74
06-05-2010, 09:44 AM

How exactly have you reached us in that situation??

Phil MaGlass
06-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Hughes thinks differently

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Most-Hibs-fans-are-still.6272493.jp

James Connolly
06-05-2010, 09:52 AM
No.

andrew70
06-05-2010, 09:53 AM

I'm wondering what other manager will make Hanlon defend high long balls better at his age? What manager will ensure none of our keepers make any errors? Ensure our better players aren't injured for big chunks of the season?

I thik the manager knows where we need to fix things and he will. Looking at 12 week periods isn't that helpful. There was a 12 week period earlier where we didn't lose, which one do you pick?

I don't beleive just because it's the end of the season that it is a tredn for the way the club is going, it's a reflection of where we are right now having had young players playing all season, players that haven't played full seasons for years if ever and having had key players injured or suspended.

It's about not having the right type of players in certain areas or the right presence for certain games.

Hughes know all these things and if we are here next year again then it's right to think about things then.

:agree: :top marks

Its hard at times like these to keep a bit of perspective but I couldn't of put it much better myself.

Hughes will sort out our problems in the summer if he gets given the chance.

Beefster
06-05-2010, 09:54 AM

He said exactly the same thing at Falkirk in the face of overwhelming criticism by the fans so I wouldn't expect anything different.

Andy74
06-05-2010, 09:55 AM

It has always seemed to me that internet sites are not going to be all that representative. It tends to be people who want to react to anything and everything and I've always found that actually talking to other Hibs fans you get a far more pragmatic approach overall.

You also tend to find that after bad results or times you know a lot of stuff is going to be written people who have something negative to say flood on whilst others will try and stay away and ignore it!

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2010, 09:56 AM
100% Yogi will turn things round.:notworthy:

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-05-2010, 09:56 AM

:faf::faf::faf:

Stoap it ffs!

:blah::blah::blah:

TheMentalHibees
06-05-2010, 10:00 AM
I'l answer this question in a couple of weeks when I've calmed down. No way I can give a level-headed answer after coming off the back of 2 capitulations in 5 days.

HibbyAndy
06-05-2010, 10:01 AM
I get the impression that some hibs fans WANT him to fail as opposed to WANTING him to succeed.

down the slope
06-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Why should it improve ?, he has already stated this week that he does not need many additions in the summer so he is presumably going to work a miracle over the summer with players he has had a year to work on already, the more he says the more it does not add up, Hogg as captain !!!!!!!!!.

Expecting Rain
06-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Absolutely not, the recent run has been terrible, the performances inexcusable, tactically we`ve been non-existent, we`re playing in a piss poor league and cannot get the better of mediocre opposition, in fact we`ve been hammered or threatened to be hammered by a lot of them on several occasions, how could we possibly look forward to going into europe on the back of all this, it saddens me to have this opinion because i have a lot of time for Yogi and the way he wants the game to be played but unless he inherits the Barcelona forward line with the Inter Milan defence we`ll be waiting a long time for his vision to pay off, as usual i`d like to be wrong.

TheMentalHibees
06-05-2010, 10:11 AM
I get the impression that some hibs fans WANT him to fail as opposed to WANTING him to succeed.

Some people are developing Brian Kerr syndrome, usual symptoms including waiting for said person to **** up and then creaming your pants. Others include blaming entire performances on said person. Recent targets have been Maka, O'Brien, Rankin, and Nish. Phrases such as "I was right all along", "I told ye he was useless", "get him tae ****", "he's not Hibs class" and "surely you can't defend him now" will usually follow any below-par performance by said person. Whilst their's reasonable justification for berating Yogi at the minute, it seems absolutely everything he does is wrong in the eyes of some fans.

Darth Hibbie
06-05-2010, 10:13 AM

Stoap it ffs!

:blah::blah::blah:

Just my opinion don't see the need for all the :faf: :blah: unless you take pleasure in having a go at other Hibs fans for having an opinion :yawn:. At the end of the day we have scored more goals than anybody out with the OF. The defence needs serious work, which Yogi has been saying already, but we need to give the guy a chance to do that. I think he will be able to do that as his signings to date have been pretty decent.

:agree: Totally agree.

hibby67
06-05-2010, 10:23 AM
voted yes
he needs another season to fix the problems at the back
i know the last 3 months have been bad but overall i think its been a better season than last.......:duck:

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Just my opinion don't see the need for all the :faf: :blah: unless you take pleasure in having a go at other Hibs fans for having an opinion :yawn:. At the end of the day we have scored more goals than anybody out with the OF. The defence needs serious work, which Yogi has been saying already, but we need to give the guy a chance to do that. I think he will be able to do that as his signings to date have been pretty decent.

:agree: Totally agree.

Amazing! there was a total lack of happy clappers on here last night after this latest debacle but surely and slowly they all come from under the bed covers to spout pish like this.

Look mate no disrespect but from a supporter of 48 years I've seen them come and seen them go and to my mind Hughes HAS had a chance to change things when games have not gone our way but has failed 100% to implement any **** obvious changes needed on the park.

I'm tired of this tit for tat posting now, I will wait till he fks off before coming back on

:bye:

Prawn Sandwich
06-05-2010, 10:27 AM
He needs another season to build the team further. So far he has only brought in forwards and goalkeepers. He needs to bring in leaders, midfielders and take a good look at the back four.

JimBHibees
06-05-2010, 10:28 AM
He needs to be given time to strengthen the team. Hughes and Rice IMO arent idiots and will try and sort out the areas we are struggling with at the moment. I think and hope there will be alot of movement during the close season. I hope we get 4th place as it will mean a slightly longer close season and more preparation time for the season.

Darth Hibbie
06-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Amazing! there was a total lack of happy clappers on here last night after this latest debacle but surely and slowly they all come from under the bed covers to spout pish like this.

Look mate no disrespect but from a supporter of 48 years I've seen them come and seen them go and to my mind Hughes HAS had a chance to change things when games have not gone our way but has failed 100% to implement any **** obvious changes needed on the park.

I'm tired of this tit for tat posting now, I will wait till he fks off before coming back on

:bye: Cheerio then. Your 48 years obviously beats my 30. Like I said mine is just an opinion I never claimed it was right or that you were wrong but for some reason you decided to make it personal.

ahibby
06-05-2010, 10:37 AM
This is very strange I know but I wasn't behind Yogi until last night. That's right I wanted him out but I see things in a different light now and I want to give him a chance. I actually think we have the making of a very good team if we just get in a couple of good and tough and big defenders. Not easy to find but that's how far we are from having a good side IMO. I understand why he made the changes he did last night and it took a very special goal just some seconds away from the end to snatch the three points from us. We are still in with a wee shout for fourth. If Bamba hadn't been suspended I think we would be in fourth already. I'll give Yogi a bit longer. His future might depend on who is available to bring in during the summer and I'd like to see the cealed soon rather than last minute deals. Or we could keep Bamba and bring in a CB for cover and a good RB, maybe the same person.

bawheid
06-05-2010, 10:49 AM

Pathetic. Do you mean Hibs supporters with a different view to your own?

Sheesh, thank goodness for that. Cheerio.

Iain G
06-05-2010, 10:52 AM

I think there is a lot of sorting out to be done this summer, both players out and players in, alas it being a World Cup year makes the job harder for the manager as not a lot of business gets done til after the tournament, so hope we aren't scrambling around for last minute signings this summer.

I think it's time a lot of our players got moved on out of their comfort zone at Hibs and bring in some new, fresh players with the right attitude and skill levels we desperately need at the club.

Full backs and centre backs required, and someone who can break up play in the middle of the park and someone to put a foot on the ball in there too.

In Yogi we trust? Jury is still out debating it for me at present...

erskine-hibby
06-05-2010, 10:57 AM

You could be right there.
There does come a point when you decide that enough is enough and a change is whats called for. Personally I reached that conclusion a while back others may have only reached that point last night. Some will never reach that point.

Phil MaGlass
06-05-2010, 11:06 AM
FFS hes had a whole season...how the hell can he not get his midfield or defence sorted out in 40 games, its a miracle,what do you mean give him another season???? FFS a blind man and his dug could see the problems we have but Hughes cannae, ma boys r awright, ma boys will come good,ma boys ma f,n boys, ma f,n baws, 3 in midfield and a f,n keystone cops defence, and monkeys in goals that couldnae catch a dose, hes had a year its time tae go.

skipster7
06-05-2010, 11:06 AM

maybe the happy clappers were actually at the game ? i got back the back of 11 had a look on here and the place was in meltdown.this morning ive been to work,talked to other hibbies and am a bit more reflective on things
.still stunned at what happened but no point in trying to argue with some of the personal insults dished out last night.why do the anti yogi brigade feel the need to say anyone who disagree's with them are yams,spouting pish and should f off ?:confused:

Geo_1875
06-05-2010, 11:07 AM
So last night, Hibs were brilliant for an hour and cruising. Yogi was a master tactician and all was well with the world. 33 minutes later the arse has fallen out and we're back to being **** and Yogi must GTF.

Take your pick.

bighairyfaeleith
06-05-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm right behind, ready and willing to kick his arse oot the door.:wink:

Did I get the question wrong?

col02
06-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I support Hibs and that includes the players and manager! 100% behind the boss as he will come good imho!

scoopyboy
06-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Going by this poll which was started this morning Yogi is almost at a 50 / 50 split.

Yet a similar one by Sunshine1875 started not long after the game had left Yogi with hardly a supporter left.

Does this mean that opinions change after a chilling out period?

Tricla
06-05-2010, 11:22 AM

Me too

Andy74
06-05-2010, 12:18 PM

Like me most of them I presume were at the game, went home and sat in shock a bit before going to bed.

Why do you all seem to get so agressive and abusive against other fans who have a different view? As I said earlier it tells me a lot about the type of people who can get so upset over Hughes after 12 weeks or so of bad results when the overall picture has still been pretty good.

Sir David Gray
06-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Going by this poll which was started this morning Yogi is almost at a 50 / 50 split.

Yet a similar one by Sunshine1875 started not long after the game had left Yogi with hardly a supporter left.

Possibly, but not as far as I'm concerned.

I still feel sick to the pit of my stomach after last night.

It is the worst feeling that I have ever had after a game, since the 4-0 defeat in THAT match, but at least we sort of knew what the outcome of that match would be, before it had even started, due to the amount of injuries that we had to contend with.

To be leading 6-2, with 23 minutes left to play, and not to come away with three points is completely unforgivable as far as I'm concerned and seeing Hughes smiling at the end almost made me throw up.

I have backed him all the way through this bad spell but last night was the end of the road for me.

I don't believe he will be sacked (and he certainly won't resign) even if we lose on Sunday and if he ends up getting it right in the summer and we do well next year then fair enough, I will be the first to take my hat off to him.

However, as things stand right now, we have had so many results in the past three months that have been completely unacceptable, that I believe his position has now become untenable.

This isn't just a loss of form and a team going off the boil for a few games. What we have witnessed since February is a team that has just completely imploded and after each and every poor result in that time, we have heard the same old message getting brought out by the manager. "I know what needs to be done", "I'm setting a culture at this club", "The boys have been brilliant for me this season", "I can't ask any more of my boys" etc etc etc.

You could get an under-12's team to successfully defend a 6-2 lead for just over 20 minutes. Last night, not only did we witness the highest scoring game in SPL history, I would hazard a guess that we also witnessed one of the biggest collapses in world professional football for decades.

I suppose we are a club for doing "firsts", right enough. :rolleyes:

CabbageFan
06-05-2010, 12:30 PM
I am behind Yogi, but only for the time being.

lyonhibs
06-05-2010, 12:31 PM
I'l answer this question in a couple of weeks when I've calmed down. No way I can give a level-headed answer after coming off the back of 2 capitulations in 5 days.

I'll go with the above. We've been saying it for weeks, and I can't see it happening but if - IF - we turn in a performance against Dundee United, sign a decent RB and dominating (not necessarily technically gifted) defensive-minded central midfielder in the window, then I think I'm happy with giving Hughes until Christmas 2010 - maximum - to turn this around.

brythehibby
06-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Yes, give him till January regardless of where we finish. Let him buy/sell to (hopefully) make us stronger.

I hope we have a completely different defence next season with no nonsense defenders. We looked so soft at the back last night. I cant criticise anyone other than the keeper and back 4.

Only hibs could put us through last night, but i don’t think it was yogis fault we lost 4 goals in 25 minutes.

Steve20
06-05-2010, 01:23 PM
No. He will not turn it around and has shown time and time again that he is tactically clueless.

basehibby
06-05-2010, 01:38 PM
I've voted YES - I still back him - although I have to admit my confidence in Hughes has started to waver recently.

I think you have to look at the whole package though, and if Hughes seems to lack sophistication in his tactical approach he has still impressed me with the signings he has made. If he can carry on in the same vein this summer, strengthening in crucial areas such as RB and improving the quality of the squad and the options at his disposal, then I don't think his tactical shortcomings will have the same impact as they have recently.

I also DON'T agree with the intense criticism he receives on here after EVERY interview he gives - I think a lot of people read far too much into what's said in these interviews and/or just see them as an excuse to have a dig. He has a particular style which is no better or worse than most IMO and I'm continually perplexed by those making a big issue out of a football manager using a lot of cliches (well I never!).

Mikeystewart
06-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Id like to give him till xmas to sort the defence out. I think on solid midfeilder (matty jack type) and a revamp of the defence as in at least 1 centre half and a right full back an we will look alot better.

murray26
06-05-2010, 06:34 PM
His laughing at the end off the game said it all for me, could you imagine any other manager worth there salt doing that, i dont want win to waste another season tbh.

mcfly
06-05-2010, 06:37 PM
it seems to me that when you have a board run by money men like Rod and the fans are very split over the manager then they will be very reluctant to give him much more money.

if season ticket sales are down and subsequent crowds go down yogi will be out. to justify that new stand hibs need bums on seats and that wont happen if you have a team of bottle merchants who cant protect a 4 goal lead with 25 mins to go.

no-one is doubting yogis passion for hibs but he needs to start getting ruthless and get rid of those players who shamed the club last nght.

hibs need a major clearout and not one player can have any excuse if they are shown the door. do it yogi or you will follow.

personally i am very disappointed young kurtis byrne has not been given a chance this season

matty_f
06-05-2010, 06:37 PM
:top marks

mcfly
06-05-2010, 06:38 PM
His laughing at the end off the game said it all for me, could you imagine any other manager worth there salt doing that, i dont want win to waste another season tbh.

agree 100% - that was disgusting

those hibs players should reimburse every fan who made that trip last night.

mcfly
06-05-2010, 06:43 PM
:top marks

what a load of rubbish - all we want is a team of triers not bottle merchants.

2 wins from 17 games is a joke and face facts hibs are run by money men if crowds go down then yogi is out end of.

he is too pally with the players - mccormack should have been sacked for his behaviour this season, there is NO discipline, laughing at the end was a disgrace. could you imagine SAF laughing if his team were 6-2 up and ended up drawing.

they should be ashamed to pick up wages after that

greenlex
06-05-2010, 06:53 PM

Older but dont seem wiser. See you later.:bye:

jabis
06-05-2010, 07:26 PM
murray and mcfly26.....dearie dearie me....................you guys suck.

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2010, 07:29 PM
agree 100% - that was disgusting

those hibs players should reimburse every fan who made that trip last night.

I enjoyed it, they can keep my money.

sesoim
06-05-2010, 08:15 PM
NO, he had the opportunity to sign defenders in January but he signed an injured GK and RW. His tactics are rubbish and he is clearly thick as hell going by the interviews he gives. I didn't want him in the first place, but some folk clearly thought the sun shined out his arse becasue he likes to have a joke with the fans. Well the TEAM is a joke now thanks to him.

Petrie, please don't listen to thick Hibbies when you make your next appointment.

BEEJ
06-05-2010, 08:49 PM
NO, he had the opportunity to sign defenders in January but he signed an injured GK and RW.
I understood that Brown's injury occurred at East Mains after he was signed. :confused:

Therefore just one of those unforeseeable things that happens in football. :dunno:

liammiller
06-05-2010, 08:57 PM
I understood that Brown's injury occurred at East Mains after he was signed. :confused:

Therefore just one of those unforeseeable things that happens in football. :dunno:

Oh come on, this was getting good, then you go and spoil it with some facts.

sleeping giant
06-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm still behind Yogi.

Hopefully he will sign a couple of good players in the summer and we will see where we are.

SloopJB
06-05-2010, 09:10 PM

Probably, instant reaction to a draw plucked from the jaws of an emphatic victory.
We can't all be wrong can we? well, yes.

Perhaps this medium is too dangerous to be let loose amongst supporters immediately after a game.
Hope Yogi builds a team to be feared for next season. a team that are ready to help each other, ready to run to where a ball just might be played to, ready to win games 1 - 0.

C'mon the start of next season, the wait mind numbing.

noseyhibby
06-05-2010, 10:10 PM
I can't believe I have just voted for Yogi to stay..especially after my ranting at him after last nights capitulation. The rational side of me knows he must be given the opportunity to get rid of all the shirkers and useless. So, I await this summers transfer window. My biggest concern is that we might again start off next season with the same bunch and repeat this seasons fiasco -collapsing after christmas. Oh the joy of being a Hibby!

Dunbar Hibee
06-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I've backed him and defended him all the way but I think it's time he left now. If he continues as Hibs manager of course I will support him and get behind him and I really hope he comes good and this club does go in the right direction, but at the moment I really can't see this happening. Really hope Yogi and the boys prove me wrong :agree:

erin go bragh
06-05-2010, 10:54 PM
what a load of rubbish - all we want is a team of triers not bottle merchants.

2 wins from 17 games is a joke and face facts hibs are run by money men if crowds go down then yogi is out end of.

he is too pally with the players - mccormack should have been sacked for his behaviour this season, there is NO discipline, laughing at the end was a disgrace. could you imagine SAF laughing if his team were 6-2 up and ended up drawing.

they should be ashamed to pick up wages after that
so was last night worse than the 5 1 game at st johnstone or the 4 1 at hamilton . we scored 6 goals away from home,hit the post and had 2 pens turned down.
never a dull moment being a hibby[just thank the lord the last time we were winning 6 2 we never threw it away]
start the game on sun the same as last nights and get your passports at the ready:wink: