PDA

View Full Version : Back To Square 1

Expecting Rain
06-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Any decent goalies out there?

Iain G
06-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Any decent goalies out there?

Mark Brown, who by not playing, is probably nicely set up to be our Number 1 next season :greengrin

Thecat23
06-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Me :greengrin

--------
06-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Mark Brown, who by not playing, is probably nicely set up to be our Number 1 next season :greengrin

Have you seen him play for Celtic? :cool2:

I seriously wonder if any keeper could have coped with the level of capitulation we saw in our defence and midfield last night.

And btw - Smith took a bad head-knock at about 67 minutes (score 6-2 or 6-3) and took a while to come to. My impression is that he was actually knocked out, and carried on while still groggy.

And why do we not have full-backs on the posts at corners?

Expecting Rain
06-05-2010, 08:50 AM

I seriously wonder if any keeper could have coped with the level of capitulation we saw in our defence and midfield last night.

And btw - Smith took a bad head-knock at about 67 minutes (score 6-2 or 6-3) and took a while to come to. My impression is that he was actually knocked out, and carried on while still groggy.

We lost 5 going on 7 or 8 at St Johnstone and 6 last night, you could throw in the goals against Hearts on saturday and Doddie i`m afraid we`re still looking at keepers.

Iain G
06-05-2010, 10:37 AM

I recall Brown pre-Celtic days and he was certainly a good standard and reliable goalkeeper, he didn't exactly get a lot of games at Celtic.

I thought he looked groggy and our physio should perhaps of insisted that he was subbed...mind you that would have meant Makalamby coming on :devil:

Full backs on the posts, the reason that some teams don't do it is so they can push out once the initial ball is cleared to catch the opposition offside, in our case I'd probably have 2 players on each post...

HibbyAndy
06-05-2010, 10:38 AM
I believe we have a very decent goalkeeper in Mark Brown and once he is fit will start the season as Hibernians number 1.

Kaiser1962
06-05-2010, 10:41 AM
I believe we have a very decent goalkeeper in Mark Brown and once he is fit will start the season as Hibernians number 1.

Guys we have tried three different goalies now and has anybody thought yet that it's maybe not the goalie? Well not JUST the goalie. Are the Well fan's screaming for blood this morning?

--------
06-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I recall Brown pre-Celtic days and he was certainly a good standard and reliable goalkeeper, he didn't exactly get a lot of games at Celtic.

I thought he looked groggy and our physio should perhaps of insisted that he was subbed...mind you that would have meant Makalamby coming on :devil:

Full backs on the posts, the reason that some teams don't do it is so they can push out once the initial ball is cleared to catch the opposition offside, in our case I'd probably have 2 players on each post...

I was joking about Brown - I think he may very well be the best of our goalies once he's fit and playing.

I thought I was alone in my thoughts about Smith taking that knock - the low-life behind the goal were chanting "Cheat" at him, but he seemed to me to be at best semi-conscious for about a minute, maybe more, and I thought he should have been subbed for his own good. I'm positive that the knock had an effect on him over the last 20 minutes of the game. If he was a boxer he certainly would have been counted out.

Neither the commentator nor that obnoxious wee twat Walker passed any comment about the injury.

As for full-backs on posts - first things first. First, keep the ball out of the net. Second, either the goalie gets hold of the ball or you clear your lines decisively. Third, only then would I start getting worried about offside in the 6-yard box. (The linesman probably isn't going to give it anyway.)

bighairyfaeleith
06-05-2010, 01:09 PM
We have three good goalies, a **** defence and a weak midfield. It's no wonder the goalies are getting made to look bad.