PDA

View Full Version : Now that the dust has settled...

RoxburghHibs
06-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Ok now that the dust has settled on this incredible game, lets look at the situation we are in.

Last nights draw has all but clinched 5th place.

We go into Sundays final fixture knowing that if Rangers beat Motherwell then a draw would clinch 4th place.

Sol Bamba is back so surely this will help shore up our defence. If we can create the same chances as last night then I honestly believe we can get a result at Tannadice (hopefully helped by the fact they have a cup final 6 days later).

Don't get me wrong it's been an awful two or three months but if we can get 4th place then that gives us something to build on for next season.

:pray:

Hillsidehibby
06-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Ok now that the dust has settled on this incredible game, lets look at the situation we are in.

We go into Sundays final fixture knowing that if Rangers beat Motherwell then a draw would clinch 4th place.

Sol Bamba is back so surely this will help shore up our defence. If we can create the same chances as last night then I honestly believe we can get a result at Tannadice (hopefully helped by the fact they have a cup final 6 days later).

Don't get me wrong it's been an awful two or three months but if we can get 4th place then that gives us something to build on for next season.

Wish I shared your positivity.

A funny handshake between Walter Smith and Archie Knox will ensure Well get the right result.

khib70
06-05-2010, 08:51 AM

I can just picture you sitting on the deck of the Titanic saying "Well, at least there's plenty of ice for the drinks":rolleyes:

Niffy
06-05-2010, 09:04 AM
That's still looking short term, 4th place , 5th place and Europe or not, the team isn't fit to play and expect to win many games.

Fair enough the points & position show it was a not bad season for Hibs, but to get an hour of European football and probably gubbed 3 out of 4 games next season ?

Not much to look forward too without any changes.

PeterboroHibee
06-05-2010, 09:09 AM

4th place was all but sorted last night before we managed to * it up. 5th place isnt a positive for me considering how far ahead we were at one point; yes its an improvement on last season, but it still feels like a failure.

Can you honestly see us getting 4th place? United played an under strength team, with a make shift back line away to Hearts, and still got a draw. We cant keep a clean sheet, so cant see us getting anything at United.

Diclonius
06-05-2010, 09:11 AM
We still lost a four goal lead in twenty three minutes.

magpie1892
06-05-2010, 09:28 AM
United played an under strength team, with a make shift back line away to Hearts, and still got a draw.

Not an understrength team by any means.

From the Dundee Courier: "..last night’s line-up was arguably stronger than those that faced the Old Firm in the two previous games. Back in came skipper Webster, Craig Conway, Jon Daly and David Goodwillie, while Dusan Pernis was rested.."

United didn't look interested last night (yes, I was there) and they'll be even less likely to go in 100% on Sunday.

Hibs can get at least a point at Tannadice.

Steve20
06-05-2010, 09:48 AM
United wont be interested, but will still beat us on Sunday.