PDA

View Full Version : No time to mope.

Spike Mandela
06-05-2010, 08:24 AM
It's out of our hands but we need at least a draw on Sunday to have a chance of finishing 4th.

Europe is crucial for the progress of Hibs at this stage and the team need to focus on this last game for one big last effort. Motherwell is in the past, get over it!

Over to you Yogi.

HibbyAndy
06-05-2010, 08:26 AM
I believe a point on Sunday will be good enough to get that 4th spot. Wether we get it or not is a different matter.

JimBHibees
06-05-2010, 10:06 AM
I believe a point on Sunday will be good enough to get that 4th spot. Wether we get it or not is a different matter.

I have the same view and concerns over whether we will get a point however we should bring back Maka and Bamba with McCormack at right back to at least make us slightly more difficult to beat. In the cold light of day we arent going to be playing Dundee Utd at a better team given they will be looking to the cup final.

If Only
06-05-2010, 10:19 AM
I have the same view and concerns over whether we will get a point however we should bring back Maka and Bamba with McCormack at right back to at least make us slightly more difficult to beat. In the cold light of day we arent going to be playing Dundee Utd at a better team given they will be looking to the cup final.

Bamba????????

Gerard
06-05-2010, 10:27 AM
If and it is a big if that we beat Dundee Utd that is only part of the problem.
Even if we do get into Europe the players we have at the moment wil probably not be good enough to get to the group stages of the Europa League.

Last night was NO ACCEPTABLE. There can be no excuses for losing 4 goals wgen you are 6-2 up.

I still do not know where the culpa is. Are the players not good enough? Do they not follow JH's tactics? Or are JH's tactics so ineffective that we need to find a new manager? Or is it a mixture of all 3 factors as described.

I like JH as he is hurting about the way that our season has gone so far.
I am concerned that he thinks that the present squad are okay and that he can see only the need to bring in a few players.

Hibs have invested in a brand new stand and we need to see a lot more bums on seats and for this to happen we need the fans to have confidence in the manager at Hibs.

It is obvious that JH is going throuh a very tough time ay the moment. I would like to think that he is able to seek the advice of managers who have more experience than he has in dealing with a team that has only won 2 of the last 17 games.

It is too easy to say sack the manager and get another one. Hibs can not afford to sack a manger after only 12-18 months as the club will not get any better replacements, probably worse.

The problem with football fans is that we are fickle and managers do not get the time that they need and there in lies the problem.

I still hope that JH can come good at Hibs but my 'faith' is being put to the test, as are a growing number of fans.

Last night Grandad Broon was able to show that he fully understood the importance of being honest with the fans in the way that he summed up last night's game.

The time is not for change but the time will soon come when a change of management will have to happen. I respect and like JH but football is a tough business and has no place for these attributes.

Gerard

JimBHibees
06-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Bamba????????

Has he not completed his 3 match ban. Rangers, Hearts and Well.