PDA

View Full Version : Get A Grip!!!

Ronaldo9
06-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Season 2008/09 - Finished 6th with 47pts

Season 2009/10 - Finish, minimum of 5th 51pts as it stands.

When are we Hibs fans going to realise this season has been an improvement??

Yes we have been in a DIRE run of form but if that for had been spread over the course of the season rather than concentrated in a smaller period we would be more than happy to be in with a shout of Europe and guarenteed to finish above them.

Sacking the manager every 5 minutes is not the answer! 5 managers in 5 years says it all. Right now what we need is a bit of stability in our management team. Yes there are certain players here who are just not good enough or are just not performing to previous standards but ffs give Yogi some credit, he's signed a 24 goal a season striker, when did we last have that???

I'm as gutted about the last 16 games as anybody else but over all its been a decent season where we have improved slightly on our league position and as far as I can see the only way is up now.

GGTTH

Phil D. Rolls
06-05-2010, 08:23 AM

Yes we have been in a DIRE run of form but if that for had been spread over the course of the season rather than concentrated in a smaller period we would be more than happy to be in with a shout of Europe and guarenteed to finish above them.

Sacking the manager every 5 minutes is not the answer! 5 managers in 5 years says it all. Right now what we need is a bit of stability in our management team. Yes there are certain players here who are just not good enough or are just not performing to previous standards but ffs give Yogi some credit, he's signed a 24 goal a season striker, when did we last have that???

I'm as gutted about the last 16 games as anybody else but over all its been a decent season where we have improved slightly on our league position and as far as I can see the only way is up now.

GGTTH

That makes me feel so much better about our recent run of results.

Hainan Hibs
06-05-2010, 08:24 AM
I wondered how long it would take for the "look at me, I'm being positive, therefore I'm a better fan" posts to appear.

MussyHibby
06-05-2010, 08:24 AM

GGTTH

So what? It's about momentum, current form, appetite to be a proud Hibby. Yogi say "ther ur six managers thiw wood giv thur right arm to be wear i am the day"................not this morning!

Your argument doesn't work pal. Why don't we make comparisons with the side form the 70s? We're going backwards!:grr:

Phil MaGlass
06-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Hughes GTF

bighairyfaeleith
06-05-2010, 08:27 AM
:faf:

You cannot be serious, under mixu we where ****, but it's ok cos we have gained 4pts and one league position since then?????

Is that the height of your ambitions????

bobbyhibs1983
06-05-2010, 08:28 AM
some very good points imo and well said.

I think what alot of peoples problems/issues with this season, alot like last seasons is the lack of fight, a lack of passion and a lack of players trying really.

Now if we had gone with the last 16 games with the players trying very hard, fighting for every ball and busting a gut for every ball and every 2nd ball and showing passion and effort in a game im sure fans views would be different.
But just now there seems to be a lack of fight a lack of pride a lack of passion a lack of rolling up your sleeves and fighting for the ball and a lack of effort from the players.

khib70
06-05-2010, 08:28 AM

GGTTH
:faf:Jeez! I can't believe you posted this after last night's game. Earth calling Ronaldo 9!!!! We're an abysmal embarrassment to the colours, managed by a cretin who thought last night's debacle was funny.

erskine-hibby
06-05-2010, 08:34 AM

GGTTH

What we need is to get rid of this huddy "manager" and spend a little bit of cash to bring in a decent one. Then, perhaps, we can get a bit of stability, going for the cheap option is not working.

K.Marx
06-05-2010, 08:34 AM

:crazy:

Ronaldo9
06-05-2010, 08:37 AM
So what? It's about momentum, current form, appetite to be a proud Hibby. Yogi say "ther ur six managers thiw wood giv thur right arm to be wear i am the day"................not this morning!

Your argument doesn't work pal. Why don't we make comparisons with the side form the 70s? We're going backwards!:grr:

You cannot be serious??? Lets make comparisons to the Hibs team of 1934???

League tables dont lie, we haven't gone backwards, just take a look at it.

16 weeks ago Yogi was a hero, now coz we are struggling a bit he needs to GTF. We truly are a fickle support. Almost makes me a wee bit glad I've never lived the dream and played for Hibs, I'd only get abuse and some more abuse.

Im not saying that Yogi is blameless but sacking him is not the answer. I'm sure he knows what is needed in the summer.

Speedway
06-05-2010, 08:41 AM

16 weeks ago Yogi was a hero, now coz we are struggling a bit he needs to GTF. We truly are a fickle support. Almost makes me a wee bit glad I've never lived the dream and played for Hibs, I'd only get abuse and some more abuse.

Im not saying that Yogi is blameless but sacking him is not the answer. I'm sure he knows what is needed in the summer.

He knows what's needed in the summer but he won't get it because we can't afford it as a small club.

The next manager and the one after that and the one after that etc will fail for the same reasons.

erskine-hibby
06-05-2010, 08:43 AM

They don't tell the whole story either.
Look at the latest run of results, that shows you where you are headed.
Also look at the games we actually performed in this season...4 if yer lucky.
League tables are all fine and well but there are many other things to consider.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-05-2010, 08:44 AM
I wondered how long it would take for the "look at me, I'm being positive, therefore I'm a better fan" posts to appear.

:top marks

K.Marx
06-05-2010, 08:48 AM
16 weeks ago Yogi was a hero, now coz we are struggling a bit he needs to GTF.

Struggling "a bit"!? :bitchy: Tell me how performances over the past 4 months constitute to struggling just "a bit"?

erskine-hibby
06-05-2010, 08:48 AM
He knows what's needed in the summer but he won't get it because we can't afford it as a small club.

The next manager and the one after that and the one after that etc will fail for the same reasons.

We may be a small club on the grand scheme of things, but in Scotland we are pretty big and we can't even compete here either:confused:. There is also a difference between can't and won't afford. We need to get in a decent manager, not the cheap option, who can get out the best of what we have or can afford. IMHO Yogi is not that man.

Barney McGrew
06-05-2010, 08:49 AM
but ffs give Yogi some credit, he's signed a 24 goal a season striker, when did we last have that???

He's also given us a team with the worst defensive record we've had for five years.

jacomo
06-05-2010, 08:49 AM
If Mixu had been allowed to sign Miller + back up in midfield, three new keepers and Stokes in exchange for Fletcher, I would have expected him to be at least four points better off as well.

Would he have been given credit for that?

Face facts - we have miserably underachieved this season - again.

Ask Yogi, who said "I want third" - clearly a realistic goal at the time - but now claims we've had a good season. :confused:

Captain Trips
06-05-2010, 08:50 AM

GGTTH

This is the problem that we face, all too often we are giving the facts of how and what we have acheived in past and therefore there is improvement. Ok we won the league a few times in 50s so there has been a slide, we won cup in 2007 so whats gone wrong.

The past is past and IMO should have no bearing on my hopes for future, based on squad and ability this term is not good enough, regardless of our last 100 league placings. I agree though that sacking the manager is not what I would do at this time.

Ronaldo9
06-05-2010, 08:51 AM

Finally someone with a bit of sense.

Listened to Yogis interview on the radio last night and the dude interviewing says " I think the problem is Yogi your team doesnt have a "you" character who will grab folk by the neck and give them a shake" To which Yogi replied " Aye I know but where do I find him on my budget? "

SalfordHibs
06-05-2010, 08:53 AM
hughes gtf

K.Marx
06-05-2010, 08:54 AM

Listened to Yogis interview on the radio last night and the dude interviewing says " I think the problem is Yogi your team doesnt have a "you" character who will grab folk by the neck and give them a shake" To which Yogi replied " Aye I know but where do I find him on my budget? "

Emm well considering Hughes is the manager should he not be able to grab folk round the neck and give them a shake!? We have been in gradual decline for months and Hughes has done NOTHING to address the slump.

Walter
06-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Is this however, not the worst run since Jim Duffy?

jacomo
06-05-2010, 09:00 AM

Just more excuses, I'm afraid.

I'd like him to take some responsibility... no one made him sign 400 keepers, or any of the other players he's brought to Hibs. If he thought the squad needed a leader, why didn't he make that a priority?

K.Marx
06-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Just more excuses, I'm afraid.

I'd like him to take some responsibility... no one made him sign 400 keepers, or any of the other players he's brought to Hibs. If he thought the squad needed a leader, why didn't he make that a priority?

:top marks

erskine-hibby
06-05-2010, 09:06 AM

We have a "you" character Yogi, it's errrm "YOU".

The trouble is "you" are the problem.

Green_one
06-05-2010, 09:14 AM

It is and that says it all. Be as positive as you like you cannot escape the simple stat that we are rank and are the worst performing team in the league at present. This despite expenditure on a list of players.

So other managers have had better runs and been bumped but Hughes should stay. The last time we waited too long before ditching a manager we were relegated.

Oh and half the teams in the league have changed their managers this season. Including three of the four above us.

M11BMO
06-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Are we forgetting that Yogi has had a bigger budget than any of our recent previous managers... surely we should be looking to improve by more than 4 points!?

Sacking him isn't the answer but he is so tactically naive it's unreal and he doesn't seem to be showing any sort of urgency when things are going against us.

sunshine1875
06-05-2010, 09:23 AM

GGTTH

You are joking. Either that or you have been reading Kickback too much and have fallen under some Vlad-spell.

We are going nowhere with the current collective bunch of players and this clueless manager.

I really am struggling to understand how anyone can defend Yogi. Yes, we like to see some attacking football being played. However, following the recent run of results I am struggling to understand why he is not making our team harder to beat. That surely must be the number one focus when confidence is low, then to attack from a solid foundation.

Everying about our team is attack-minded, even the subs bench and the use of substitutues. However, there are times when we need to shut up shop and take what we have got.

1-0 up against St.J at home with 5 minutes to go
2-1 up against County at home with 20 minutes to go
0-1 up against County away with twenty minutes to go
1-2 up against Celtic away with 10 minutes to go
2-2 drawing against Celtic away with two minutes to go
1-0 up against Hertz at home with 20 minutes to go
1-1 drawing with Hertz at home with 2 minutes to go
2-6 up against Well with 30 minutes to go
5-6 up against Well in the 93rd minute

In all of these games Yogi did not see what was plainly obvious to me that we needed to stiffen up our team. Instead he generally, watches the opposition manager throw on two subs and then puts on a lazy striker (Benji) for a tired but effective striker.

Against Ross County at home, his introduction of Benji/Galbraith for Stokes/Rankin handed the initiative to County.

Last night, why not put Stevenson or Cregg on when we had an opportunity to do so in the 92nd minute to break up play. Instead we take a throw-in which we always lose and twenty seconds later the ball is in our net.

Tactically inept.

Devine
06-05-2010, 09:32 AM
You are joking. Either that or you have been reading Kickback too much and have fallen under some Vlad-spell.

We are going nowhere with the current collective bunch of players and this clueless manager.

I really am struggling to understand how anyone can defend Yogi. Yes, we like to see some attacking football being played. However, following the recent run of results I am struggling to understand why he is not making our team harder to beat. That surely must be the number one focus when confidence is low, then to attack from a solid foundation.

Everying about our team is attack-minded, even the subs bench and the use of substitutues. However, there are times when we need to shut up shop and take what we have got.

1-0 up against St.J at home with 5 minutes to go
2-1 up against County at home with 20 minutes to go
0-1 up against County away with twenty minutes to go
1-2 up against Celtic away with 10 minutes to go
2-2 drawing against Celtic away with two minutes to go
1-0 up against Hertz at home with 20 minutes to go
1-1 drawing with Hertz at home with 2 minutes to go
2-6 up against Well with 30 minutes to go
5-6 up against Well in the 93rd minute

In all of these games Yogi did not see what was plainly obvious to me that we needed to stiffen up our team. Instead he generally, watches the opposition manager throw on two subs and then puts on a lazy striker (Benji) for a tired but effective striker.

Against Ross County at home, his introduction of Benji/Galbraith for Stokes/Rankin handed the initiative to County.

Last night, why not put Stevenson or Cregg on when we had an opportunity to do so in the 92nd minute to break up play. Instead we take a throw-in which we always lose and twenty seconds later the ball is in our net.

Tactically inept.

Absolutely 100% agree! How you can defend that is beyond me. I posted similar on another thread going down the route of embarassing results. There is so much wrong and we are on such a slide something drastic has to happen. To even suggest we are on the UP!?!?!? is just being incredibly naive!

Barney McGrew
06-05-2010, 09:39 AM

A run which ended with us conceding six goals at Fir Park and the manager getting the bullet.

Fingers crossed history repeats and all that :cool2:

sunshine1875
06-05-2010, 09:45 AM

GGTTH

As an aside are you Darren McCormack's love child. Was checking your previous posts just to make sure you were nota Yam and over the last few months found these gems all relating to Darren McCormack. In fact, there appears little else you post on unless it is relating to DMcC.

Can't understanmd this tbh, the lad (Darren McCormack) been playin out of position for the 5 ( yes onnly 5 ) games he has played since JANUARY 3rd!!!

FFS when are we going to give players a chance!

as for Riordan, play him as a striker or get rid

You're a tit! There were numerous others who were just as bad if not worse (thank Daren McCormack)! Rankin, Cregg, McBride, Hogg, Stokes, Wotherspoon!

Absolute shambles of a comment! Darren McCormack has played 3 games since January. Mcgeady has ran better NATURAL right backs ragged in his time so the phrase "away and throw $h!te at yersel" comes to mind.

Utter nonsense! DW is no quicker than DMC trust me

McCormack anyone? Thought the lad has done quite well there. Far better there that Wotherspoon who imo is currently the weakest part of our defence. The lads clearly not a defender never mind a right back. Midfield is his best position.

Took the easy way out last night by subbing Darren McCormack and putting DW at RB. Should have taken Rankin of as he was just that Rank!

Yep coz that will help! Last night is the first time yogis played the same XI to games in a row! The team needs time to gel together.

Also dont think McCormack has done anything worth bein dropped for, Id drop Bamba before him and stick Hoggy back in beside Murray

Thought McCormack done OK, to say he done nothing of note is a wee bit embarrasing, must have missed the goal that he set up???

As for him havin no positional sense if you watched yogi he wasnt to bothered about DMc defending he just kept yelling at him to push on yet he never received the pass. If Stokes had laid him in early 2nd half then we porbably would have scored!

Get a grip son! Its boys like you who really pi$$ me off! It was the boys 1st game this season and whaever you think Maloney is one of the best wingers in the counrty!

Darren McCormack is a young boy trying to stake a claim for his place in the side. FFS give him a chance!

Slow?? No chance Maloney is just quick and as for your opinion of our club capt? Yes he didnt have the best game yesterday but he is the best we have for that position.

If your quote above is your usual drivel then I have to say I have forgotten more about football than you know!

McCormack starts at RB. Heard it hear first.

Nonsense!

Darren McCormack is a better right back now than DVZ will ever be, he is absolutely Abe Lincoln and should never wear our jersey again!

How are these young guys meant to get experience if they dont play?

How hard is it to give the lad (Darren McCormack) a chance?

IMO we are not going to sign anyone of Jonahs heights so we best get used to it.

Hoggs experience alongside DMc will do just fine.

I've known him for about 15 years now and still speak to him regularly, usually to confirm or deny any rumours I've heard. To be honest he could do with going out on loan and getting a few 1st team games under his belt.

Ritchie
06-05-2010, 09:49 AM
I wish people would stop going on about what happened at the start of the season.

We were an unknown quantity! Teams didn't know how to break us down or contain our attacks.

Then teams learned!!!!

Any decent manager would have seen this and changed us about to make us hard to beat and unpredictable on the attack!!!

Hughes is incapable of this...... Things will only get worse!!

If you think like the OP you are sadly deluded!

HUGHES GTF!!!!

Sergy Pie
06-05-2010, 09:55 AM
The team has been crying out for leadership and management for a number of months now. Our drop of form should have been for a few weeks before we picked ourselves back up again. It was inevitable we would lose form but it's spiralled out of control which is stunning.

Given that we have stumbled along for nearly most of the season now and with no improvement in results, the finger must be pointed at the management team. Impending Summer changes aside, this is the here and now and I can't see our management team coming up with any real solutions to our problems. In fact, i would say they've contributed to our downfall.

Last night was a caricature (sp) of the whole team. Everything that is right and wrong was amplified 6 fold. It was truly an embarrassing evening.

Mr Hughes joked and laughed right after the Rangers defeat at Ibrox and it confused me then. After seeing it again last night, I'm absolutely gobbed smacked. How could he be so stupid? However, with this single action he summed up everything that's wrong at the club at the moment imo.

Ronaldo9
06-05-2010, 10:21 AM
As an aside are you Darren McCormack's love child. Was checking your previous posts just to make sure you were nota Yam and over the last few months found these gems all relating to Darren McCormack. In fact, there appears little else you post on unless it is relating to DMcC.

Well Done Poirot, congratulations or your wasted time.