PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Top It Off!

Thecat23
06-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Just looking at this season and Hibs have been involved in the game of the season, the goal of the season, and also save of the season came from a shot from our very own Wotherspoon against the holy goalie.

I'm still in shock from last night if i'm honest and if we do manage to take 4rth spot this sunday it really wouldn't suprise me at all. After all its the Hibs way to make us suffer till the last min.

jonny
06-05-2010, 07:49 AM
The disapointment of last night is still very fresh with me this morning. There are enough threads discussing what/why it all went wrong so I wont go on about that.

Effectively, if we look beyond the poor displays and kamikazee defending of the past few weeks this could still turn out to be our best season in a while. A 4th place finish is a success in my book and had I been offered 4th before the season kicked off I'd have taken someone's hand off for it. Anyone think differently?

I think that realistically a draw up at Tannadice against a Dundee Utd team who have their league position secured and a cup final on the horizon is not beyond us. For the first hour or so last night Hibs played some of the best football I've seen for a long time - albeit the defence always looked suspect.

Motherwell are playing at hunbrox against the team that are going to be presented with the league trophy immediately following the game, can anyone see rangers letting up a bit - I certainly can't.

I'm reserving judgement until Sunday evening before I decide whether or not to back Yogi or join the calls for his head on a plate. I don't think changing the manager with 1 game to go makes ANY sense whatsoever.

I predict a draw for us at Dundee with Rangers beating M'well comfortably. 4th place and gauranteed European football (for 2 games at least).
As the 1st post said, we never do it easy.

Glory Glory

Thecat23
06-05-2010, 08:11 AM
The disapointment of last night is still very fresh with me this morning. There are enough threads discussing what/why it all went wrong so I wont go on about that.

Effectively, if we look beyond the poor displays and kamikazee defending of the past few weeks this could still turn out to be our best season in a while. A 4th place finish is a success in my book and had I been offered 4th before the season kicked off I'd have taken someone's hand off for it. Anyone think differently?

I think that realistically a draw up at Tannadice against a Dundee Utd team who have their league position secured and a cup final on the horizon is not beyond us. For the first hour or so last night Hibs played some of the best football I've seen for a long time - albeit the defence always looked suspect.

Motherwell are playing at hunbrox against the team that are going to be presented with the league trophy immediately following the game, can anyone see rangers letting up a bit - I certainly can't.

I'm reserving judgement until Sunday evening before I decide whether or not to back Yogi or join the calls for his head on a plate. I don't think changing the manager with 1 game to go makes ANY sense whatsoever.

I predict a draw for us at Dundee with Rangers beating M'well comfortably. 4th place and gauranteed European football (for 2 games at least).
As the 1st post said, we never do it easy.

Glory Glory

I agree, i think we can make 4th as well and would also class that as a good season. Its just the way we threw it all away after Xmas that's the sad part. But fingers crossed we can just get the 4th spot and be done with the season, because i can't handle another game like last night.

--------
06-05-2010, 08:42 AM
It occurs to me that Rangers need nothing from their last game, that Craig Brown and Archie Knox are both ex-Beasts, and that there is such a thing as the "old pals' act". Wasn't Know Walter Smith's buddy at Ibrox not so long ago? So our result at Tannadice may be irrelevant. Motherwell may win or draw.

As for "game of the season", I take no pleasure in the fact that the highest-scoring SPL game in history happened because Hibs threw away a 4-goal advantage (with 20 minutes or so to play), and could in fact had lost the game 7-6 if our goalkeeper hadn't saved a penalty.

The players aren't fit enough, the team is disorganised in defence and midfield, players we knew we needed last June still haven't been signed, we have 4 senior keepers and still don't know who should be first choice, our best forward is reportedly about to be transferred to leeds United.... Need I go on?