PDA

View Full Version : A team that's 6-2 up...................

Jim44
06-05-2010, 12:35 AM
................even with the worst defence in the league, should have the game by the bollocks and should run away with a cricket score. The fact we couldn't, says everything about the total ineptitude of the guy in charge.

sevenil
06-05-2010, 02:22 AM
................even with the worst defence in the league, should have the game by the bollocks and should run away with a cricket score. The fact we couldn't, says everything about the total ineptitude of the guy in charge.

Pretty much my thoughts when I read the score. Maybe those who were there saw it differently, but on the face of it.......Jeez, what a farce for a team with allegedly one of the strongest squads outside the G2some.

Depressing

seanraff07
06-05-2010, 03:02 AM
Pretty much my thoughts when I read the score. Maybe those who were there saw it differently, but on the face of it.......Jeez, what a farce for a team with allegedly one of the strongest squads outside the G2some.

Depressing

I was at the game, and our defence was truly shambolic.

Niffy
06-05-2010, 04:19 AM
It must be the first time ever a team was 6-2 up and were getting played off the park.
6-2 up and you could see only 1 team were interested.

Scorrie
06-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Also says a lot about the mentality of some of our players. There is a lack of steel in the club. How many times have we been up in games and not won since January? We need some real fighters on the pitch but sadly they're not there at the moment. Summer transfer window will be important as we need steel to complement the goals in the team

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2010, 08:15 AM

What do you think it says about the players?

Andy74
06-05-2010, 08:22 AM
I can't see that it was much to do with hughes.

He played about the only 4 defenders we have left and they are not good enough partuiculary in the centre. Hanlon not quite ready, Hogg just not commading enough. We are also playing about the only goalkeeper left although Maka might get a game at the weekend now!

Hughes was raging at the way we were sitting back and was screaming at rhe front players to keep working. He eventually took riordan off after the failed to run back to his own half and shored up the midfield just like he has been critricised for not doing previously.

That game summed up the good and bad of Hibs and the stranghts and weaknesses of our players.

If you think another manager would get any other type of performance out of those same players you are having a laugh.

Needing a win and having gone so long without one you could se how fragile we were and it was completel yon the cards and it was down purely to the people on the pitch.

Cropley10
06-05-2010, 09:23 AM
I can't see that it was much to do with hughes.

He played about the only 4 defenders we have left and they are not good enough partuiculary in the centre. Hanlon not quite ready, Hogg just not commading enough. We are also playing about the only goalkeeper left although Maka might get a game at the weekend now!

Hughes was raging at the way we were sitting back and was screaming at rhe front players to keep working. He eventually took riordan off after the failed to run back to his own half and shored up the midfield just like he has been critricised for not doing previously.

That game summed up the good and bad of Hibs and the stranghts and weaknesses of our players.

If you think another manager would get any other type of performance out of those same players you are having a laugh.

Needing a win and having gone so long without one you could se how fragile we were and it was completel yon the cards and it was down purely to the people on the pitch.

I wondered when you'd get here.

Every other manager in the League would have closed out a game you're leading by 4 clear goals.

How many times have we now either lost or drawn in the dying minutes? County, Hearts, Celtic, Motherwell...

He's incapable of getting two banks of 4 behind the ball. And is happy to watch us have two forwards stay high up the pitch and for Hogg to try and hoof it up the park to them.

He CANNOT change a game. This won't change if we sign Calum Woods from the Pars.

Cropley10
06-05-2010, 09:24 AM
What do you think it says about the players?

The buck stops with the Manager.

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2010, 10:04 AM
The buck stops with the Manager.

I think that’s the players attitude as well. They know it doesn’t matter how they perform ‘cos they’ll not be criticised and the manager will get the blame.