PDA

View Full Version : The positives

Monts
06-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Now of course I wasn't at the game, and I didn't watch it, nor have I seen the highlights. The joys of living in a country 8 hours behind. But even tho on the face of it we just had one of the biggest disappointments in history, I still see some positives that have come from it.

First and foremost, we will not reach the much anticipated 8 game losing streak. It may feel like a defeat, but it's not. Secondly, we secured the point necessary to stave of hearts, and keep us in the running for fourth place. You may think we don't deserve it, but since when in football to teams get what they deserve? Thirdly, we scored 6 goals away from home, with all 3 strikers getting on the scoresheet. Our much maligned frontman bagged himself a hatrick. In a time when we have been wondering where our goals would come from, we showed that we are still capable.

I await my ostrich jibes.... :greengrin

Dr_Regal
06-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Yeah the strikeforce in the first 60mins was a joy to watch. The first goal was class.

I would honestly say that we need a new rb and two center halfs in the summer. Thats how bad our defense is.

Amazing the series of events and we can still realistically finish fourth as I can see united fielding a weakened team on sunday, i hope.

Scotthibs1875
06-05-2010, 12:40 AM
Yeah the strikeforce in the first 60mins was a joy to watch. The first goal was class.

I would honestly say that we need a new rb and two center halfs in the summer. Thats how bad our defense is.

Amazing the series of events and we can still realistically finish fourth as I can see united fielding a weakened team on sunday, i hope.
Spot on:agree:

Monts
06-05-2010, 05:11 AM

Has everyone forgotten we had the best defensive record in the country not that long ago? What's happened since then??

weonlywon6-2
06-05-2010, 06:15 AM

yep,its that bad.

united game will be hard because they will rest players but they will bring in triers,also,houston says hibs cant defend,and he`s right !!