PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray

bringbackjoeT!!
05-05-2010, 11:42 PM
I know he seems a bit above criticism by many as he is seen as 'one of us' but in the last few months he looks horribly lacking in speed, quality, composure and defensive awareness. Teams have worked this is a great way to attack us and he is looking mighty exposed out on the left. For me he was the worst player on the park against Hearts and today (Templeman and O'brien had him in his back pocket) The only way he seems able to stop someone is by flying recklessly and fouling in dangerous positions. I think he needs to be moved from left back, either dropped or moved inside.

Of course it didnt help when yogi found the need to take off a left sided player who was helping murray out and brought on a centre holding player, but then yogi doesn't have a clue- a blind man could see all our success was coming from the left and right flanks with deeks and spoony, horrible brainless substitution.

hibee_nation
05-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Admins can we merge this thread with the one saying Murray for Captain, should be good for a laugh on a night when we all need one. :greengrin

Dr_Regal
05-05-2010, 11:50 PM
I agree, was the worst player on the pitch in the derby and is looking painfully slow. The whole defence is a horror show

Dunbar Hibee
05-05-2010, 11:51 PM
He's been our best player all season but, yeah ok.:rolleyes:

steve75
05-05-2010, 11:58 PM
He was sitting of far too much, allowing them to cross the ball with ease. caused 2/3(?) goals tonight. fair enough the CBs should be winning more headers but Murray has been gash for a we while now. Though I have no doubts that with a propper left mid infront of him he wont be so exposed.

this is not a dig a riordan though, as he does get back as much as he should, just his defisive side is lacking.

Overall i think he's a good player, who is good for the team, but i wouldn't turn my nose up at another LB.

bringbackjoeT!!
im sorry but i just dont get how he has been the best player all season, for me he has been very average for the majority of the season, its a given he tries his hardest and is commited but he is woefully short on pace, skill, stamina and awareness. It got to a stage tonight where he was sitting so far off jim o'brien he could get the cigar out, have a quick nap and then pick out a team mate. He seems to stick in a few beefy challanges a match which get the crowd going unfotrunatly I just dont think he is good enough. I think other spl managers have picked up on his weaknesses and are exploiting them to the full

For some reason Hogg always gets pelters for being a rubbish defender while Murray and others (Hanlon) always seem above criticism and get lauded as commited, solid defenders.

Bobby's Cinema
He's been our best player all season but, yeah ok.:rolleyes:

You can't deny He's been struggling for form the last few weeks, like the rest of the team. Or can you...:rolleyes:

sesoim
06-05-2010, 12:17 AM
He has been below par, but he is getting played out of position. He prefers attacking midfield, and he scored a few goals for us from that position a few years ago. Like Bamba, he should have been in midfield this season to give it more strength, and instead of signing so many midfielders, Hughes should have signed a new defence.

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2010, 12:18 AM
The only way he seems able to stop someone is by flying recklessly and fouling in dangerous positions.

you mean a bit like what hogg was doing last night ?

bringbackjoeT!!
06-05-2010, 12:24 AM
you mean a bit like what hogg was doing last night ?

I am not defending hogg, dont really rate either of them- both have awful distribution, lack pace and ability to defend but hogg gets plenty of stick whereas murray just seems a bit above criticism. i know its all about opinions, my opinion is neither are up to it in defence, tend to agree that murray is more at home in the centre mid position where pace is less important.