PDA

View Full Version : Our Keepers

Archie70
05-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Now that Yogi has "sorted out the goalkeeping problem for once and all" (his words certainly not mine) does any stato know the games played to goals lost, clean sheets etc for Stack, Maka and Smith.

Westie1875
05-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Now that Yogi has "sorted out the goalkeeping problem for once and all" (his words certainly not mine) does any stato know the games played to goals lost, clean sheets etc for Stack, Maka and Smith.

I'm going to predict without checking that Maka probably has the best record for clean sheets.

--------
05-05-2010, 11:13 PM
I can't remember who did it - still shell-shocked - but there was a thread on here recently about this.

Maka has the best record statistically of all our keepers. And IIRC the highest proportion of clean sheets.

Oddly enough, this news did NOT surprise me.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Clean sheets are not the be all and end all - it's mistakes made that are improtant. Smith made loads tonight, one up at Ross County and one against Hearts at the weekend. That's already approaching too many if it's not already over the limit.

We all know about Maka - no matter if he kept a few clean sheets prior to a howler.

Brown we don't know about.

Stack made one mistake at Tiny, was part of our team when we went unbeaten earlier in the season and IMO wouldn't have allowed the defence to defend like that tonight - he's a better organiser than the others from what I've seen and more of a leader than any of the outfield players we have.

Sir David Gray
05-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Makalambay

GAMES-64
CLEAN SHEETS-21

Stack

GAMES-22
CLEAN SHEETS-6

Smith

GAMES-14
CLEAN SHEETS-1

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Makalambay

GAMES-64
CLEAN SHEETS-21

Stack

GAMES-22
CLEAN SHEETS-6

Smith

GAMES-14
CLEAN SHEETS-1

You got the error stats FH?

Archie70
05-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Maka was prone to howlers, however, with a defence that struggles so much physically and in the air, I think he's the only one capable of coming and collecting and taking away the pressure.
For all that, I think he'll be away at the end of the season and (perhaps the subject of another debate) sadly I think Deeks will join him. Not part of the fundamentals Yogi slavers on about. Williamson was happy for him and Whittaker to go to Inverness for Bobby Mann but the board vetoed it. Hopefully they will again. Anyway back to goalies. Smith has came in and his gaffs have cost us in the cup, derby and now our quest for Europe. He's just not good enough.

Regina Phalange
05-05-2010, 11:42 PM
G(Sub) GC cln. sht W D L cl/g gc/g p/g

Makalambay 6 (1) 7 (0) 2 (1) 4 (1) 1 1 0.38 1.08 2.23
Stack 23 29 7 8 6 9 0.29 1.29 1.27
Smith 14 27 1 5 2 7 0.07 1.93 1.21
This season's stats.

The points average gives 3 for a win and 1 for a draw regardless of competition, and I gave Stack and Maka 1.5 points each for the game they played roughly half each and counted it as half a game.

Information all came from the BBC.

PatHead
05-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Maka was prone to howlers, however, with a defence that struggles so much physically and in the air, I think he's the only one capable of coming and collecting and taking away the pressure.
For all that, I think he'll be away at the end of the season and (perhaps the subject of another debate) sadly I think Deeks will join him. Not part of the fundamentals Yogi slavers on about. Williamson was happy for him and Whittaker to go to Inverness for Bobby Mann but the board vetoed it. Hopefully they will again. Anyway back to goalies. Smith has came in and his gaffs have cost us in the cup, derby and now our quest for Europe. He's just not good enough.

:agree: