PDA

View Full Version : Just to say I don't care !!!!!!!

crewetollhibee
05-05-2010, 11:09 PM
My mate is a Motherwell supporter who was diagnosed with lung cancer last year, and was told last month it was terminal. To have shared the joy of a 6-6 game between us, was worth more than any Hibs or Motherwell win that we have ribbed each other about over the years. Alistair, it has been a privilege to call you my friend, and I hope we both qualify for Europe next season.

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 11:10 PM
My mate is a Motherwell supporter who was diagnosed with lung cancer last year, and was told last month it was terminal. To have shared the joy of a 6-6 game between us was, worth more than any Hibs or Motherwell win that we have ribbed each other about over the years. Alistair, it has been a privilege to call you my friend, and I hope we both qualify for Europe next season.

Sorry about your friend. A good honest and heartfelt post:top marks

lugz
05-05-2010, 11:12 PM
My mate is a Motherwell supporter who was diagnosed with lung cancer last year, and was told last month it was terminal. To have shared the joy of a 6-6 game between us, was worth more than any Hibs or Motherwell win that we have ribbed each other about over the years. Alistair, it has been a privilege to call you my friend, and I hope we both qualify for Europe next season.

:top marks

Puts everything into perspective!!

Gerard
05-05-2010, 11:13 PM
I hope that Motherwell and Hibs can get the European places this year:wink:
Good luck for you mate:wink:
Gerard

FranckSuzy
05-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend and no, football isn't more important than life or death Mr Shankly :rolleyes: Some folks would do well to realise this :wink:

Greentinted
05-05-2010, 11:19 PM
A much needed dose of realism. All the very best to you and your pal and yes, you will remember tonight fondly and rightly so.
It is, when all said and done, only a game.
Thank you for the perspective!

crewetollhibee
05-05-2010, 11:21 PM
He will be reading this between checking the Steelmen website I assure you !!!

Frogga
05-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Sorry to hear, makes the result a wee bit nicer knowing that it puts a smile on the face of someone who really needs the cheer more than any of us.

Billychaotic182
05-05-2010, 11:27 PM
makes me feel less bitter about the night, however am sorry to hear about your friend mate.

Jonnyboy
05-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Don't know you Alistair but you sound like a good guy and a big football fan. All the best to you pal :agree:

crewetollhibee
05-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the replies, I have directed him to our site; whether he reads it or not who can say ? He is a stubborn old sod who thinks the game started when Colin O'Neill scored in the Scottish Cup Semi against Celtic in 1991 !!!! Again thanks for your thoughts.

Kaiser_Sauzee
06-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Best wishes Alistair - hope you enjoyed it tonight.

eastmainsmsh
06-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Nice post mate ...:top marks