PDA

View Full Version : We all want yogi to succeed

Sammy7nil
05-05-2010, 11:08 PM
I did not choose Yogi but was happy to give him a chance, when we went on the unbeaten run I still questioned his skills and like most thought we had been lucky to be blessed with great strikers that can score despite the opposition dominating the games.

I was happy to let Yogi build his team. A couple of great signings later I was ready to admit I was wrong.

Then the collapse, Again I was happy to start next season with Yogi after all 4th place was assured.

Now Worst run of results for 15 years, Incapable of change on any level. Our Team has no Heart or spirt 4 goals at Hamilton, 5 at Perth, defeats to jambo's and now tonight SIX goals at Well and a missed pen.

The players have lost all confidence and faith in Yogi and the only way he can remain Manager is to sweep all bar 3- 4 players out the door.

I dont want that we have 7 - 8 decent players and the makings of a team with a few promising youngsters.

However Yogi cannot lead those players. They wont follow anymore.

In 4 months Yogi has done NOTHING to halt our slide he has not even Tried to change the set up TOTAL HEAD IN THE SAND MAN.

I wanted him to succeed but the worst run of results for 15 years says he has not.

Sorry it is time to go, If we had started season like this we would be relegated and he would be sacked no question. We cannot risk this scenario next season.

Do the right thing John thanks for all your efforts I have NO doubt you gave it your all just not the right time or place for you.

Good Luck

l

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 11:09 PM
I did not choose Yogi but was happy to give him a chance, when we went on the unbeaten run I still questioned his skills and like most thought we had been lucky to be blessed with great strikers that can score despite the opposition dominating the games.

I was happy to let Yogi build his team. A couple of great signings later I was ready to admit I was wrong.

Then the collapse, Again I was happy to start next season with Yogi after all 4th place was assured.

Now Worst run of results for 15 years, Incapable of change on any level. Our Team has no Heart or spirt 4 goals at Hamilton, 5 at Perth, defeats to jambo's and now tonight SIX goals at Well and a missed pen.

The players have lost all confidence and faith in Yogi and the only way he can remain Manager is to sweep all bar 3- 4 players out the door.

I dont want that we have 7 - 8 decent players and the makings of a team with a few promising youngsters.

In 4 months Yogi has done NOTHING to halt our slide he has not even Tried to change the set up TOTAL HEAD IN THE SAND MAN.

I wanted him to succeed but the worst run of results for 15 years says he has not.

Sorry it is time to go, If we had started season like this we would be relegated and he would be sacked no question. We cannot risk this scenario next season.

Do the right thing John thanks for all your efforts I have NO doubt you gave it your all just not the right time or place for you.

Good Luck

l

:top marks:agree:

SloopJB
05-05-2010, 11:09 PM
for a while I wanted him to suck rat poison

Sammy7nil
06-05-2010, 11:30 AM
HAVE NOT CHANGED MY MIND

Yogi has to go if he has any self respect.

We are 6 -2 up against a team VERY short on confidence (lost their last 5 games) could any team lose a 4 goal lead to that Motherwell team? Would Craig Broon have let Motherwell capitulate in the same way?

In January 8 seconds in to the Rangers game we were looking at 1 point behind Celtic and 2 Behind Rangers Yogi Shouting I want 2nd place. This is a worse collapse than Hull's of 2 years ago and we know what happened to Phil Brown.

Yogi has done nothing in 4 months to change things, same team week after week and crosses his fingers hopes for the best. Yogi had the chance to change things in January decided on "Gowser" and Brown. We have arguably the best squad outside O.F. and have been dire all season even when winning early on teams out played us week after week. The Cup loss to Ross County after being in front THREE times should have been the final straw. Did he learn anything No.

The players for what ever reason don't play for him and he is INCAPABLE of organising the team he has No plan B despite having months to think of a new plan.

I have No doubt Yogi gives it his all and works very very hard he talks sense (some times) and you would agree with a lot of his values however his after game comments in recent weeks have been cringe worthy.

If the dead line for season tickets sales was this week not last the No's would be significantly down. The only way Yogi can survive is to wipe out 90% of the current squad as their respect for him as a tactician has Gone, that option is not the way forward because we have 7 or 8 decent players who only need organisation.
(Brown, Murray, Hanlon, Bamba, Wotherspoon, Zemmama, Miller, Riordan, Stokes)

I was willing to stick with Yogi next season (after all 4th place was guaranteed !!) and see how it goes but losses to Jumbo's and now this both from winning positions tells me he is not the man. Yogi do the right thing and go after Dundee Utd game 9 points out of possible 51 not good enough. This run of "form" at any other time of the season he would result in him being sacked.

Sorry Yogi wrong time wrong place time to go.

Andy74
06-05-2010, 11:34 AM

Good Luck

l

Sorry, could have sworn you said up top you were happy to let Yogi build his team...that turned out to be nonsense did it not?

Last night's team had 3 of Yogi's signing starting. That's a long way from Yogi building his team.

scoopyboy
06-05-2010, 11:41 AM
HAVE NOT CHANGED MY MIND

Yogi has to go if he has any self respect.

We are 6 -2 up against a team VERY short on confidence (lost their last 5 games) could any team lose a 4 goal lead to that Motherwell team? Would Craig Broon have let Motherwell capitulate in the same way?

In January 8 seconds in to the Rangers game we were looking at 1 point behind Celtic and 2 Behind Rangers Yogi Shouting I want 2nd place. This is a worse collapse than Hull's of 2 years ago and we know what happened to Phil Brown.

Yogi has done nothing in 4 months to change things, same team week after week and crosses his fingers hopes for the best. Yogi had the chance to change things in January decided on "Gowser" and Brown. We have arguably the best squad outside O.F. and have been dire all season even when winning early on teams out played us week after week. The Cup loss to Ross County after being in front THREE times should have been the final straw. Did he learn anything No.

The players for what ever reason don't play for him and he is INCAPABLE of organising the team he has No plan B despite having months to think of a new plan.

I have No doubt Yogi gives it his all and works very very hard he talks sense (some times) and you would agree with a lot of his values however his after game comments in recent weeks have been cringe worthy.

If the dead line for season tickets sales was this week not last the No's would be significantly down. The only way Yogi can survive is to wipe out 90% of the current squad as their respect for him as a tactician has Gone, that option is not the way forward because we have 7 or 8 decent players who only need organisation.
(Brown, Murray, Hanlon, Bamba, Wotherspoon, Zemmama, Miller, Riordan, Stokes)

I was willing to stick with Yogi next season (after all 4th place was guaranteed !!) and see how it goes but losses to Jumbo's and now this both from winning positions tells me he is not the man. Yogi do the right thing and go after Dundee Utd game 9 points out of possible 51 not good enough. This run of "form" at any other time of the season he would result in him being sacked.

Sorry Yogi wrong time wrong place time to go.

Think not

Phil D. Rolls
06-05-2010, 11:43 AM

Good Luck

l

:top marks You're right, if we had cr*p players and no money to spend it would be understandable. There is no need for the slump we've had.

I don't know much about football management, but I'd have thought the players have to believe in you before they respond. Yogi keeps shooting his credibility to shreds with inept tactics, and idiotic havering in the media.

ahibby
06-05-2010, 11:43 AM
How do you know the players have lost confidence in him? I don't see signs of that, I do see that we need to do something about our defence which has cost us the last two games. Yogi can't come out and say that because he knows it's a make shift and inexperienced defence that has been playing whose confidence will already be low. Not low in Yogi but low because they cost us those games. Not their fault and not Yogis. Hanlon has to be blooded sometime and he couldn't have been blooded at CB at a harder point in the season. Yogi had no better options in defence for last night except perhaps in goalkeepers but that can only be said with hind sight.

Sammy7nil
06-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Sorry, could have sworn you said up top you were happy to let Yogi build his team...that turned out to be nonsense did it not?

Last night's team had 3 of Yogi's signing starting. That's a long way from Yogi building his team.

You are correct BUT would Yogi want Bamba Riordan Zemmama Murray Wotherspoon Hanlon and dare I say Nish in "his" squad. He had the chance to buy and got Gowser and Broon to add to the other keepers who currently under perform.

Lets face we all wanted him to do well. He has not. 9 points from 51 our worst run for 15 years conceding 4 5 and six goals losing to Hearts and not a win against them to date. No noticiable improvement in months it is simply not good enough. Anyone in his position would know that his rage and body langauge last night tells you he Knows this cannot go on.

And he cant change it. Not a Yogi GTF post just a yogi sorry thanks for the hard work your not the man to take us forward. Any manager with the strikers we have could have achived our current points total.

Sammy7nil
06-05-2010, 11:49 AM
How do you know the players have lost confidence in him? I don't see signs of that, I do see that we need to do something about our defence which has cost us the last two games. Yogi can't come out and say that because he knows it's a make shift and inexperienced defence that has been playing whose confidence will already be low. Not low in Yogi but low because they cost us those games. Not their fault and not Yogis. Hanlon has to be blooded sometime and he couldn't have been blooded at CB at a harder point in the season. Yogi had no better options in defence for last night except perhaps in goalkeepers but that can only be said with hind sight.

You Honestly cant see the players have lost faith in Yogi? Look at the reaction of players. It is his job to restore confidence in 4 months the confidence has got lower and lower until finally last night. You cant still BELIEVE surely.

The_Sauz
06-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Sorry Andy, but what other manager in Scotland has brought in 9 new players in one season?
As a former manager of an other SPL team, he should have known Hibs strengths and weaknesses were when he took the job.

Why did he bring in 3 Gk's when we don't even have a reserve league :confused:
Hibs have been short of proper RB for years now, yet he failed to sign one in two transfer windows, the same goes for a LB. Yes it's ok to say we have players who could play at RB/LB, but do we get the best out of those players....nope!

As for last night, you stated that we had only 3 of his signing start, but you forgot to mention that 3 others were on the bench, with the other 2 (both GK's) out injured and one not even on the bench. Out of the 3 subs, only 1 was used, which is the norm with JH.

What I don't understand is, why bring in players that you don't want to use or have no intention of using, seems a waste of money if you ask me!

So for the 9 so-called better (& higher paid) players that were brought in to replace JC's & MP players, we are only 4 points better off.....yet your still happy with the guy :bitchy: