PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead To Sunday...

Dashing Bob S
05-05-2010, 10:53 PM
It might be premature after tonight's bewilderment, and I'll see most of you in rehab, where I'll be checking in on Monday morning, but the fact remains that a point at Tannadice will probably see us in 4th, as I can't see the professional celebrators letting the that defence off the hook at Ibrox.

Watching that tonight, I have to confess that I've gone to the point where I no longer want us to qualify for Europe, as such a side would be a complete embarrassment and frankly don't deserve to be there.

I can't see Hibs getting anything at Tannadice. That defence will leak goals. 4-0 United, even playing at half-pace with a cup final on their minds.

seanraff07
05-05-2010, 10:54 PM
2-1 Dundee.Utd, we'll throw away another lead IMO.

zlatan
My worry is that Dundee United will play a reserve team to rest up for the final and we'll still mess it up.

noseyhibby
It might be premature after tonight's bewilderment, and I'll see most of you in rehab, where I'll be checking in on Monday morning, but the fact remains that a point at Tannadice will probably see us in 4th, as I can't see the professional celebrators letting the that defence off the hook at Ibrox.

Watching that tonight, I have to confess that I've gone to the point where I no longer want us to qualify for Europe, as such a side would be a complete embarrassment and frankly don't deserve to be there.

I can't see Hibs getting anything at Tannadice. That defence will leak goals. 4-0 United, even playing at half-pace with a cup final on their minds.

I'll be the guy just in front of you in the queue at rehab. This aside I agree with your comments re: the Dundee united game. Sadly.:bitchy:

Bad Martini
05-05-2010, 10:55 PM

Dont think we'll not score but I do think if it's possible to do so, our esteemed leader will **** it up goodstyle.

As for not deserving Europe; we're Hibs. Great/average or indifferent we ALWAYS "deserve" everything........not for the (in the main) overpaid tossers NOW wearing the shirt but because we (Hibs) deserve all we get as avid followers of this pish.................

We were all here before some of these money grabbers, we'll be here during their tenure and we'll be here after they have all pissed off to drive black cabs so, we "deserve" it.........those bassas, in the main, don't tho.

ENODF :agree:

Sir David Gray
05-05-2010, 10:58 PM
I am at the stage where I don't really want us to be in Europe next season either because even if we get drawn against some part time side from Estonia, that is only in Europe because of the fair play league, I wouldn't be confident of this current side, under this current management team, winning.

If we finish 5th, I would be sorely tempted to cheer on Ross County in the cup final, just so it would keep us out of Europe next season.

Hermit Crab
05-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Players dont deserve Europa lge but the fans who have stuck by the team deserve a trip abroad for their efforts in supporting the team through what has been a horrid season for Hibernian FC. Chin up though lads :thumbsup:

Steve20
05-05-2010, 11:00 PM
We will lose.

gorgie_harp
05-05-2010, 11:00 PM
I am at the stage where I don't really want us to be in Europe next season either because even if we get drawn against some part time side from Estonia, that is only in Europe because of the fair play league, I wouldn't be confident of this current side, under this current management team, winning.

If we finish 5th, I would be sorely tempted to cheer on Ross County in the cup final, just so it would keep us out of Europe next season.

:agree: Sad, but true.:bitchy::bitchy::grr::grr:

magpie1892
05-05-2010, 11:06 PM
I was at Tynecastle this evening and United didn't look remotely interested, with the exception of Swanson (wonder why?).

I think Hibs can get at least a point on Sunday as the hosts will be even less interested then.

The jambos were all having a good laugh at the score from Fir Park but unnder the smiles was the knowledge that they won't be in Europe next season.

There are far more positives than negatives to be taken from this season for Hibs, IMHO.

Gerard
05-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Sunday is the day to show the fanas that you want to finish fourth and get European football. You need to win and hope that Motherwell get a draw or lose.

NO MORE EXCUSES:wink:
Gerard

lyonhibs
05-05-2010, 11:11 PM
8-7 to United, with Hibs leading 7-0 up until the 83rd minute.

Seriously.

Greentinted
05-05-2010, 11:12 PM
There are far more positives than negatives to be taken from this season for Hibs, IMHO.

While I am in general accordance, there could have (should have even) been so much more.

And as for the Dundee Utd game, I think we will win that. I also think Motherwell will win and Ross County will win that cup and another season that promised so much will deliver the square root of the middle of a bloody doughnut!

magpie1892
05-05-2010, 11:15 PM
While I am in general accordance, there could have (should have even) been so much more.

Indeed.

There's always next year.

dangermouse
06-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Indeed.

There's always next year.

And how many end of seasons have I said that:grr: The sooner Sunday is over and done with the better then I can concentrate on Forest getting back into the EPL.

jacomo
06-05-2010, 08:11 AM
4th place brings an early start to qualifying for the Europa League. Does anyone seriously think this team could make the group stages?

You have to be able to keep possession and control games... not something we seem capable of doing.

M8UDB
06-05-2010, 08:16 AM
8-7 to United, with Hibs leading 7-0 up until the 83rd minute.

Seriously.

This wouldnt surprise me after last night. Ill go for 6-5 to United if Smith is in goal and 5-3 Hibs if Maka plays

12AlbionPlace
06-05-2010, 09:09 AM
My worry is the association between Walter Smith and Archie Knox. There you go son an easy 3 points and passage into Europe:grr: