PDA

View Full Version : Dont comment on this until tomorrow

Jones28
05-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Tin hat on guys, but Yogi needs to be given more time.

Look at teams like, for instance, Hamilton.

Billy Reid got them into the SPL and theyve been a consistentley competent SPL team. Why? Stability.

We've been bringing in new managers constantly for the last 4 or 5 seasons, for various reasons, and we have actually regressed.

No european football since Mowbray, under whom we played outstanding football.

Collins won us the CIS cup, and for that myself and all other Hibbies are or should be eternally gratefull.

Mixu, well what can you say? Poor football, 1 and a half generally poor seasons for Hibs.

Hughes, he has come in, made some properly good signings in Stokes, Galbraith and Miller. He is starting to bring a mix of youth and experience.

Look at the form at the start of the season, and compare it with now. 7 games without a win, chucking away a 4 goal advantage to draw 6-6.

And in terms of money etc: State of the art stadium and training centre.

Im not saying Yogi is the man to take us where we SHOULD be (3rd every season without exception) but at least until christmas where we will see clearly what is going on.

The transfer window could be season defining.

Love the Green
05-05-2010, 10:33 PM

Billy Reid got them into the SPL and theyve been a consistentley competent SPL team. Why? Stability.

We've been bringing in new managers constantly for the last 4 or 5 seasons, for various reasons, and we have actually regressed.

Collins won us the CIS cup, and for that myself and all other Hibbies are or should be eternally gratefull.

Mixu, well what can you say? Poor football, 1 and a half generally poor seasons for Hibs.

Hughes, he has come in, made some properly good signings in Stokes, Galbraith and Miller. He is starting to bring a mix of youth and experience.

Look at the form at the start of the season, and compare it with now. 7 games without a win, chucking away a 4 goal advantage to draw 6-6.

Im not saying Yogi is the man to take us where we SHOULD be (3rd every season without exception) but at least until christmas where we will see clearly what is going on.

Sorry can't wait..how can you say Galbraith is a good signing he has hardly played as has Cregg and his goalie signing tonite was a disaster.

"keep the faith":wink:

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 10:33 PM

Nope it is obviously not working, best get rid now than waste the transfer window and half a season to find out what we already know.

PeterboroHibee
05-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Whats worrying me is he has said in the EEN that hes only looking to bring in 1 or 2 players next season. That defence needs a complete overhaul so if thats what he thinks then maybe he should go.

I also find it strange how obvious flaws in the team (the defence, the formation, the lack of a plan B) are going almost unresolved, but maybe he feels he doesnt have the players yet.

I want to want him to be here next season, but every week he makes it more difficult (if that make sense).

GlesgaeHibby
05-05-2010, 10:38 PM

Aye but the only kind of consistent we are becoming under Hughes is consistently *****!!!!

bingo70
05-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Nope it is obviously not working, best get rid now than waste the transfer window and half a season to find out what we already know.

If you bring someone else in now or even after sunday your going to have to waste the transfer window with the new guy assessing the squad and giving the players another clean slate.

I'm genuinely undecided though as i can see both sides of the argument, part of me is starting to think Yogi is just the same as Mixu, too reliant on our attacking players getting his poor tactics out of jail, the other part of me completely agrees with the OP though, as a club we desperately need stability, to stop giving these wasters a clean slate and give a manager the chance to ship them out and actually impose some discipline within the club.

bingo70
05-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Whats worrying me is he has said in the EEN that hes only looking to bring in 1 or 2 players next season. That defence needs a complete overhaul so if thats what he thinks then maybe he should go.

I also find it strange how obvious flaws in the team (the defence, the formation, the lack of a plan B) are going almost unresolved, but maybe he feels he doesnt have the players yet.

I want to want him to be here next season, but every week he makes it more difficult (if that make sense).

I don't believe that, to cover the people that are leaving we'll need more than that coming in.

IMO he said that as there'll be players leaving this season that he's not told yet and didn't want them de-motivated for the last couple of games, there's no way anyone that watches that dross every week could believe we only need a couple of players

SloopJB
05-05-2010, 10:44 PM
I do realise we have a state of the art training centre but it is proving to be quite costly.

Yogi may well get more time as if he were to resign it would be much better for those that pull the purse strings.
My concern is that I see a poor team performance week after week. Now the players could just be crap but at the start of the season I honestly thought we had the best squad we've had in many a year.

There are problem area's which Y himself has identified but there is nothing done to compensate for those deficiencies.
One of the problems is Y in front of the camera or microphone, patronising and while he has a job to do to protect his players he is going too far.

he has talked himself into a job and he has talked himself out of favour with me.

I am a Hibs supporter.

That is not a statement, it is a sentence.

It's tomorrow somewhere.

James70
05-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Was out tonight but recorded the game, when we went 6-2 up I thought to myself only Hibs could throw away the points now. I was proved correct.

A complete embarrassment though I have to say both defences were equally bad. We lost our attacking threat and handed the game to them when Deeks was substituted.

I am just amazed that we didn't finish up losing the game. We may have been a soft touch before Yogi came but we are even softer now. :grr:

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 10:51 PM

Football is now all about the here and now unfortunately. Footballers grab what they can when they can. They do not defer gratification until the next season, or the one after that. So why should I be expected to wait patiently. It's a results driven business and our lot are failing abysmally. Many a decent manager would have arrested this alarming sequence of results a long time ago and made our lot difficult to beat. Yogi has failed dramatically and is guilty of tactical naivety resulting in one dismal game after another. Why on earth would I want him to stay. Tonight, for me, was the tipping point over the edge.Then again I'm not 17 years old and the eternal optimist I was at that age. Too many decades of waiting and waiting.

Fantic
05-05-2010, 10:52 PM

23:52! 8 minutes to go

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2010, 11:04 PM
I am just amazed that we didn't finish up losing the game. We may have been a soft touch before Yogi came but we are even softer now. :grr:

if it had went another 5 mins longer we would have :agree:

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 11:13 PM
If you bring someone else in now or even after sunday your going to have to waste the transfer window with the new guy assessing the squad and giving the players another clean slate.

I'm genuinely undecided though as i can see both sides of the argument, part of me is starting to think Yogi is just the same as Mixu, too reliant on our attacking players getting his poor tactics out of jail, the other part of me completely agrees with the OP though, as a club we desperately need stability, to stop giving these wasters a clean slate and give a manager the chance to ship them out and actually impose some discipline within the club.

I would assume that training sessions and matches have been recorded for assesments.
I would also assume that a new manager could quite easily make his mind up by watching these and holding interviews/meetings with the players. If not then he probably isn't the man for the job in the first place.
No 'clean slates' for some, only the door. The rest would have to buy into his phylosophy or they too would be shown the door.
I am pretty certain that the right person could do this in a very short space of time and get a squad ready for the start of next season.