PDA

View Full Version : Worst Goalie ever?

King Paddy
05-05-2010, 10:24 PM
I have been watching Hibs for going on 50 odd years and that has got to be the worst performance by a hibs keeper since either jacky Wren or Muirhead.
In the late 50s, we lost 6-0 to celtic at ER and Muirhead was in goals. Smith you cuold'nt catch a bus mate, your tea's oot. Oh and take that clown Yogi with you please please.

lyonhibs
05-05-2010, 10:25 PM
I give you - TONY CAIG in a mid-week game at ER against Dunfermline.

I'll say no more - we're all going to be having nightmares as it is.

Hainan Hibs
05-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Aye, my vote goes to Tony Caig too.

I despised Zibi the most but he could actually move. Caig looked like a statue and was probably the only keeper in history who couldn't actually dive.

Craig_in_Prague
Terrible keeper but total and utter crap in front of him too.

K.Marx
He may not be the worst keeper but that was deffinately one of the worst individual goalkeeping performances i can remember :bitchy:

Hibby70
I seem to remember Darren Jackson going in goals once.

He was better than Smith tonight (by some distance)

Hibbie_Cameron
05-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I give you - TONY CAIG in a mid-week game at ER against Dunfermline.

I'll say no more - we're all going to be having nightmares as it is.

Ill never forget that match as we were going on holiday early the next morning. Still though Smith was worse tonight, the goals and pen challenge were so bad i thought he was playing for them

fatbloke
05-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Roddy McKenzie v Hearts first match after 7-0 game Hearts 4 Hibs 1 Aug 73.
****ken awful

Bob Box Fish
05-05-2010, 10:30 PM
I seem to remember Darren Jackson going in goals once.

He was better than Smith tonight (by some distance)

That was also against mwell at their ground finished 1-1 I was there Jackson done well considering. We were 1 up when keeper got red carded.

King Paddy
05-05-2010, 10:31 PM
when was our last decent keeper D. Anderson anyone?, over the the last 5 years we have been pathetic between the sticks.

bubblesmorrison
05-05-2010, 10:34 PM
all i can say is maka would not have let in 6 goals tonight

mikey1875
05-05-2010, 10:43 PM
I have been watching Hibs for going on 50 odd years and that has got to be the worst performance by a hibs keeper since either jacky Wren or Muirhead.
In the late 50s, we lost 6-0 to celtic at ER and Muirhead was in goals. Smith you cuold'nt catch a bus mate, your tea's oot. Oh and take that clown Yogi with you please please.

Bad performance tonight but the "Worst Keeper" ever is going a bit far

I would agree with the statement minus Murray the defence is the worst I’ve ever seen and having watched Colin Murdoch that’s saying something

Come on Smithy! :scarf:

Bobo
05-05-2010, 10:50 PM
I have my doubts if any keeper would have felt comfortable with that pile of *****e defence in front of them.

Worst goalkeeping performance I've ever seen from a Hibs keeper was Maka's nightmare against Aberdeen, he couldn't even do the basics that day.

monktonharp
05-05-2010, 10:54 PM
goalie was shocking tonight,but I thought they were going to bring on our sub goalie(maka) when Smith got about 2 mins treatment. the phisio was asking him to watch his finger,etc as if he was stunned,dazed or whatever. maybe he should have been replaced then,naw?