PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling Season Tickets

Greenblood70
05-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Already had a couple of texts from people saying they are going to cancel their season tickets for next year and I don't blame them.

I remember similar happening under Mixu last season which seemed to seal his fate. I think that result tonight will decide Hughes's fate.

Postman
05-05-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm going to find out tomorrow how long I have to cancel and if Hughes is still in charge at that point I will be cancelling

Jamesie
05-05-2010, 11:41 PM
When does loyalty become stupidity?

Watching John Hughes laugh and grin like the imbecile he is at the end of the game made me wonder why I'm parting with £380 to watch this *****e once again next season.

I'm starting to think I've had enough. I'll be interested to hear if it is too late to cancel; trying to remember when it was we went down and booked our seats.

zlatan
05-05-2010, 11:45 PM
You'll all be back. After Hearts it was all 'not going to Fir Park, sick of it all' and then inevitably a thread was started 48 hours later packed with folk daying 'ach well I've calmed down and changed my mind, see you at the game.'

libernian
05-05-2010, 11:52 PM
funny how every1 slags celtic for only gettin 24k or wotever then do exact same.

still tho, i agree waste of money and at the mo not value for money

matty_f
05-05-2010, 11:57 PM
funny how every1 slags celtic for only gettin 24k or wotever then do exact same.

still tho, i agree waste of money and at the mo not value for money

:agree:

That's Hibs fans for you, though.

mikey1875
05-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Oh yeah that will help right enough, lets all cancel our season tickets tomorrow, we could also ask for refunds for this season as well. take away all the money for new players

get behind your team through thick and thin!

i've not been to happy about results but some folk on this site need to grow up

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

sesoim
06-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Oh yeah that will help right enough, lets all cancel our season tickets tomorrow, we could also ask for refunds for this season as well. take away all the money for new players

Fanpower gets change. If we all do nothing, then Petrie will more likely stick it out with Hughes. We need a new manager for next season, but I'm not sure if Petrie should decide on the next guy after the last three appointments he's made.

hibeeleicester
06-05-2010, 12:48 AM
If i could, i would have a hibs season ticket EVERY year, no matter what. This is OUR club.

A Club that needs to be awarded for what its done. When we were relegated, did anyone really think we would come straight back up get third and nearly beat the quarter finalists of the uefa cup, win a major trophy, top the league etc..

Would anyone of thought back in the mercer days that in the future hibs would be one of the only football clubs in Britain running at a profit, AFTER a new training centre, complete new stadium, upping the wage budget to fund ex Manchester united players, a 21 year old who sold to a premiership club for 2mill and is now the SPL's 2nd top goalscorer.

I could go on, Some people need to put things into perspective. We are ahead of the yams, PROBABLE european games, which im sure if we were to progress and get a high profile game that the new 20.000 stadium would be full.

Get Behind YOUR club. A Club that didnt give in to mercer for the supporters. A Club that has brung stability, a club that WILL be here for our grandsons to support.

GGTTH :notworthy:

hibee4life1983
06-05-2010, 01:39 AM
If i could, i would have a hibs season ticket EVERY year, no matter what. This is OUR club.

A Club that needs to be awarded for what its done. When we were relegated, did anyone really think we would come straight back up get third and nearly beat the quarter finalists of the uefa cup, win a major trophy, top the league etc..

Would anyone of thought back in the mercer days that in the future hibs would be one of the only football clubs in Britain running at a profit, AFTER a new training centre, complete new stadium, upping the wage budget to fund ex Manchester united players, a 21 year old who sold to a premiership club for 2mill and is now the SPL's 2nd top goalscorer.

I could go on, Some people need to put things into perspective. We are ahead of the yams, PROBABLE european games, which im sure if we were to progress and get a high profile game that the new 20.000 stadium would be full.

Get Behind YOUR club. A Club that didnt give in to mercer for the supporters. A Club that has brung stability, a club that WILL be here for our grandsons to support.

Here Here.

zlatan
06-05-2010, 01:48 AM

I haven't missed it at all since coming down here mate. Went along a few times when I've been back home but I've not felt any sadness when leaving the ground and thinking how much I've missed the place or how I can't wait to be back.

KiddA
06-05-2010, 02:10 AM

:top marks

Great post mate

Its funny I thought I would have lost interest in Hibs after living in the USA for the last 9 years but they will always be my team through thick and thin. I still keep up with them through Hibs tv with a season ticket and no matter what the score is I still look forward to the next game even after tonights horror show. It is easier being over here sometimes though especially after tonight. I was in a crap mood earlier but now I am fine and still think we will be playing in europe next year. I look forward to having a complete stadium and getting back to see it some day :pray:

Its also funny how some fans say they won't be back but lets face it they always do come back sooner than later. My old man said he was not going back a couple of weeks a go and then of course he is at the next game :agree: thats Hibs for you.

seanraff07
06-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Don't think i'll be getting one this season, i would get one but i'm skint and can't afford it.

Although i will PATG for all the games i can and buy a half season ticket during the Winter and make all the away games i have money for, i do think that cancelling season tickets isn't really going to help our case and will be embarresing to see our half empty stadium next season.

Niffy
06-05-2010, 03:47 AM

?? So so long as the club is around , no matter what division ? No matter what pretend coach is dismantling the team ?

It's all fine being loyal , and supporting YOUR club through thick & thin , but why should one man be allowed to spoil it , and the fans can't ?

hibeeleicester
06-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Im sure alot of the "ill never will be back" crowd would be the ones first in the que for tickets if we got a glamour uefa cup tie.

K.Marx
06-05-2010, 09:34 AM
"IF" folk want Hughes out the only way to get change is to vote with your feet. Moaning on message boards but then still going to games isn't going to do anything...Petrie will only consider change if the fans dismay is going to affect the balance sheet.

Andy74
06-05-2010, 09:35 AM
?? So so long as the club is around , no matter what division ? No matter what pretend coach is dismantling the team ?

It's all fine being loyal , and supporting YOUR club through thick & thin , but why should one man be allowed to spoil it , and the fans can't ?

How do you go about dismantling something up the way?? :confused:

khib70
06-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Im sure alot of the "ill never will be back" crowd would be the ones first in the que for tickets if we got a glamour uefa cup tie.

:faf:You mean, if we scrape into the current equivalent of the Intertoto Cup by the back door, and numbnuts manages to contrive a defeat by whoever came fifth in the Estonian league? Aye, that would get me back right enough:rolleyes:

Expecting Rain
06-05-2010, 09:54 AM

You don`t need to buy a season ticket to follow Hibs, in fact there will be plenty of seats next season to choose from plus the freedom to move around if you choose.

Antifa Hibs
06-05-2010, 10:03 AM
As it stands Hibs can ram their season ticket. The only way things will change is if season ticket sales are down. I'll still be at every game, but as my own form of small protest I won't have a season ticket.

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Am I right in saying if you took the payment plan out you can't cancel?

Andy74
06-05-2010, 10:12 AM
As it stands Hibs can ram their season ticket. The only way things will change is if season ticket sales are down. I'll still be at every game, but as my own form of small protest I won't have a season ticket.

The only way thing will ACTUALLY change is to get better players in or players that provide the right mix at least.

Refusing to buy a season ticket if you could otherwise do so lessens the chances of getting the players in so it's helping to ensure that nothing does in fact change.

I'd be interested in seeing stats for 4th or even 5th place finishes since I was born!

It's strange viewing these days talking about crowds going down and action having to be taken becasue we might only get 5th and peope turing the noses up at any eruopean qualification position, due to a 12 week downturn.

The team has been in 3rd for most of the season and no lower than 5th and the current reaction is emarassing really when you step back and look at it for a manager's first season.

Beefster
06-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Am I right in saying if you took the payment plan out you can't cancel?

An expert on consumer law will know better but I'd imagine that there will be some period in which you're allowed to change your mind and cancel the purchase.

Antifa Hibs
06-05-2010, 10:16 AM
The only way thing will ACTUALLY change is to get better players in or players that provide the right mix at least.

Refusing to buy a season ticket if you could otherwise do so lessens the chances of getting the players in so it's helping to ensure that nothing does in fact change.

Ordinarily yes. But whats the point in having better players when the manager is a useless ****.

Antifa Hibs
06-05-2010, 10:19 AM

I'd be interested in seeing stats for 4th or even 5th place finishes since I was born!

It's strange viewing these days talking about crowds going down and action having to be taken becasue we might only get 5th and peope turing the noses up at any eruopean qualification position, due to a 12 week downturn.

The team has been in 3rd for most of the season and no lower than 5th and the current reaction is emarassing really when you step back and look at it for a manager's first season.

Current reaction is embarrassing? Since Xmas...

Huns pumped us twice.
We've been knocked out the scottish by a highland league outfit.
Hearts have out played us twice.
We chucked a 4 goal lead last night.
Our biggest game of the season, home to Dundee Utd we got destroyed and bottled it.
Amongst others.....

That above aswell as our current form is embarrassing.

Geo_1875
06-05-2010, 10:31 AM
I haven't missed it at all since coming down here mate. Went along a few times when I've been back home but I've not felt any sadness when leaving the ground and thinking how much I've missed the place or how I can't wait to be back.

You sound more like a sympathiser than a supporter.

gobragh1875
06-05-2010, 10:31 AM
40 odd years iv been going to easter road in that time iv seen some rite ***** but hey i keep going back just like i will be at dundee on sunday.
To all the so called supporters who are handing back their season tickets i say good we dont want your type the moaning barstewards who think we have a given right to win every week go west and follow that lot who play in green if thats what you think supporting a team is.
To the rest of the hibs support get off your ***** and get to dundee on sunday THE TEAM NEED YOU

weonlywon6-2
06-05-2010, 10:32 AM
You'll all be back. After Hearts it was all 'not going to Fir Park, sick of it all' and then inevitably a thread was started 48 hours later packed with folk daying 'ach well I've calmed down and changed my mind, see you at the game.'

we are all p*ssed off with the last few months,whether you are for or against yogi.
well be back,we always are

down the slope
06-05-2010, 10:39 AM
40 odd years iv been going to easter road in that time iv seen some rite ***** but hey i keep going back just like i will be at dundee on sunday.
To all the so called supporters who are handing back their season tickets i say good we dont want your type the moaning barstewards who think we have a given right to win every week go west and follow that lot who play in green if thats what you think supporting a team is.
To the rest of the hibs support get off your ***** and get to dundee on sunday THE TEAM NEED YOU
Another one happy to be a loser, no wonder we never win anything with your attitude. We should be challenging for everything but it seems some people will put up with any old crap, Oh and by the way all who do not go back until this is sorted will be missed believe me.

RIP
06-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Already had a couple of texts from people saying they are going to cancel their season tickets for next year and I don't blame them.

I remember similar happening under Mixu last season which seemed to seal his fate. I think that result tonight will decide Hughes's fate.

I'm going to find out tomorrow how long I have to cancel and if Hughes is still in charge at that point I will be cancelling

Yams with ST's for Easter Road?

Beggars belief!!

erskine-hibby
06-05-2010, 10:48 AM

I think making an informed decision on where to spend your hard earned finances is most grown up.
If not renewing your season ticket is the only way to get your point across, and for most it is, then why not??

gobragh1875
06-05-2010, 10:49 AM
loser is it as i said we have no god given right to win any thing yes id love to see hibs win every week but its no going to happen get yir self in to the real world ffs and out of dream land

ahibby
06-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Hibs will contact them to re-assure them that things are in hand to strengthen the team which will be better next season. They might not mention that Yogi will still be in charge, but I'm sure he will be and will be better for the experience of this season.

Postman
06-05-2010, 10:56 AM

Beggars belief!!

Certainly not a yam with a season ticket at ER but I will not be going back next year under Yogi. I went with four others and committed £2,025 to the club in season tickets for next year! All thinking the same that that is money they will never see if he stays in charge simple as that! He goes and we'll all be there next year! I'm fully aware of when the cooling off period ends

mikey1875
06-05-2010, 10:44 PM
I think making an informed decision on where to spend your hard earned finances is most grown up.
If not renewing your season ticket is the only way to get your point across, and for most it is, then why not??

go and spend your money else where then! no one is making you re-new

dont really need supporters who only go when hibs are winning

erskine-hibby
07-05-2010, 06:30 AM

:dummytit::dummytit::dummytit:

Totally reasoned arguement there:rolleyes:

If people didn't stand up and make a statement a few years ago we would not, as a club, be here now.

Grow up FFS.

scoopyboy
07-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Another one happy to be a loser, no wonder we never win anything with your attitude. We should be challenging for everything but it seems some people will put up with any old crap, Oh and by the way all who do not go back until this is sorted will be missed believe me.

Their money will be missed thats for sure.

As to whether they will be missed, that is perhaps another debate.

erskine-hibby
07-05-2010, 06:53 AM
[/B]

And that is what matters, like it or not.

rainman
07-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Fanpower gets change. If we all do nothing, then Petrie will more likely stick it out with Hughes. We need a new manager for next season, but I'm not sure if Petrie should decide on the next guy after the last three appointments he's made.

The problem is, that means Colin Nish's 95% are making the decisions of the club.

Think about some of the people who sit around you at the games and the tripe they shout for 90 minutes. Are you comfortable with them having a say in the clubs running?

I used to sit in front of a guy in the east who would boo every time latapy got the ball. He threatened not to renew his ST because "he thought we were signing too many n**gers."

You only have to read the "Who should be our next manager" threads on here to be wary about the fans having a say.

CallumLaidlaw
07-05-2010, 07:58 AM
I was raging after wednesday night, but have recovered, and can still see us sneaking 4th.

We all know that come mid June, we will be desperate to watch the Hibees again. Obviously the world cup will be a welcome distraction, but we will all be looking forward to going to Easter Road again. To see new signings, the new stand, the new pitch, new strip. It will all start all over again :thumbsup:

Ray_
07-05-2010, 08:14 AM

Sadly, we have seen many people on this web site, who have wrote that they once were regular visitors to ER, but events turned them off, which turned them in to bit part supporters & them turning up for a glamour uefa cup tie, or cup final, isn't the cause of our clubs problems, the problem is why people are being turned off in the first place.

When I first started going to ER in the mid-sixties a family of four could go to a match & all get the match day prog and it would have cost around 50p. Today we are looking at £100.

Although the facilities are like night & day, compared from then until now, the quality on the park was far superior then & the atmosphere from being in "the cave" during a big game was electric.

Today we have far more things to do for entertainment, many of which are far cheaper than watching live football & as a business we really need far more quality on the park to make us an attractive option for people who are not die hards.

Phil MaGlass
07-05-2010, 08:17 AM
The Uber fans have spoken

Yesterday 12:56 PM

Beggars belief!!

People are fed up with Yogi,no tactics and a team with no spirit getting humped and losing a 4 goal lead,WTF!! people are not happy,the only way the club will listen is if people make it clear that they are not happy, the best way to do that is to hit them in the pocket, I dont see a problem with it, it is better than following like lemmings and pretending nothing is wrong ,yir no yams, yir Hibs supporters, Stand Up And Be Counted FFS.
As for calling folk "yams" because they have had enough is exasperating to say the least.
We have laughed at the yams for years now because they take it in the a55 from a guy whos never in the country, but when it comes to your own club you stick yir heids in the sand.If you really want to call any Hibs supporters yams then take a hard look in the mirror,yep lemming yams.

PaulSmith
07-05-2010, 08:22 AM
And if another manager comes in and we go through another transitional period with a bottom six finish next season we'll have the same old tired posters demanding that "the Board sack the manager or I'll no give you ma money".

I hope the Board tell you exactly how it is and tell you that you don't deserve what has been achieved at Hibs over the last 5/10 years and if your not now willing to play YOUR part in making the team on the pitch better then maybe, just maybe, you should look elsewhere.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2010, 08:24 AM
We will hopefully qualify for europe on sunday, or maybe the weekend after through our league position, yet there is talk of giving up. What is a successful league position for hibs these days?:confused:

Phil MaGlass
07-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Thats the problem people are looking elsewhere and the club will suffer, it doesnt take the brains of a rocket scientist to see or feel the unrest, once it starts it is difficult to stop. Fitba fans are fickle you should get used to it.

Phil MaGlass
07-05-2010, 08:26 AM
We will hopefully qualify for europe on sunday, or maybe the weekend after through our league position, yet there is talk of giving up. What is a successful league position for hibs these days?:confused:

Optimism,:agree: I will give you that

marinello59
07-05-2010, 08:28 AM
And if another manager comes in and we go through another transitional period with a bottom six finish next season we'll have the same old tired posters demanding that "the Board sack the manager or I'll no give you ma money".

Could they be the same people who claimed credit for ousting Mixu and getting Yogi installed. Would that make the cause of their unrest their own fault?:devil:

BoltonHibee
07-05-2010, 08:30 AM

3rd, surely you can see that.

DC_Hibs
07-05-2010, 08:31 AM

In this seasons SPL (dreadful standard) and with the backing the board gave in both transfer windows I expected nothing less than 3rd.

HibbyRod
07-05-2010, 08:31 AM
I was raging after wednesday night, but have recovered, and can still see us sneaking 4th.

We all know that come mid June, we will be desperate to watch the Hibees again. Obviously the world cup will be a welcome distraction, but we will all be looking forward to going to Easter Road again. To see new signings, the new stand, the new pitch, new strip. It will all start all over again :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see this season end on Sunday.....and have felt like this for the past couple of weeks (The Derby disappointment, and the collapse on Wednesday night in particular have been very sore to witness!)

I also am not really bothered about qualifying for the preliminary rounds of the Europa! I feel that it just means us starting out with these gamesmuch earlier than is ideal and potentially disrupts our preparation for next season.

Come the preparations for next season.....pre-season training, players out, players in, new Stand and pitch, etc., I'll be raring to go again! :thumbsup:

Who knows, maybe John Hughes will have learnt from his experiences from this, his first season in charge? The jury is out on that score ..... but I hope he succeeds. (If things are looking poor after 10 games or so, I think he will be fired.)

I hope that we will be better equipped for a decent crack at the Euro's for season 2011/12.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Optimism,:agree: I will give you that

I'm very optimistic. Some people may not like to hear it, but we have improved, the stats dont lie. Yes we have had a few kicks in the baws along the way, but if we continue to improve again next season, we will get nearer third place, and that will hopefully see us start to consistently challenge for that 3rd and 4th place. You have to start somewhere, and this is the start.

BoltonHibee
07-05-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm very optimistic. Some people may not like to hear it, but we have improved, the stats dont lie. Yes we have had a few kicks in the baws along the way, but if we continue to improve again next season, we will get nearer third place, and that will hopefully see us start to consistently challenge for that 3rd and 4th place. You have to start somewhere, and this is the start.

In footballing terms how have we improved?

We have lost as many games as we have won, our football in the main has been honking (even through most of the wins).

Have we won a cup?
Did we reach a final?
Did we reach a semi final?

In a piss poor league, we have managed to cling onto 5th position by a ba' hair, and attained a few more points than last years disaster.

Rangers, Celtic, Dundee Utd and the mighty Motherwell have finished above us!

Is this rate of "improvement" likely to continue next season?

"Improvement".....you are full of *****!

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2010, 08:45 AM
In footballing terms how have we improved?

We have lost as many games as we have won, our football in the main has been honking (even through most of the wins).

Have we won a cup?
Did we reach a final?
Did we reach a semi final?

In a piss poor league, we have managed to cling onto 5th position by a ba' hair, and attained a few more points than last years disaster.

Rangers, Celtic, Dundee Utd and the mighty Motherwell have finished above us!

Is this rate of "improvement" likely to continue next season?

"Improvement".....you are full of *****!

I was going to answer you, but the insults at the end, only goes to show what a numpty you really are. Have a look at my signature, these are the facts. You may not like them, but you lower league reserve team managers never will.

flash
07-05-2010, 08:47 AM
I am confused. Nobody is happy with the way we have finished the season but, if we finish above Motherwell, it will still be one of our better seasons.

Why not wait until you see who leaves and who comes in before deciding whether to go back next season?

Seems to me far too many people revel in the "look at me" mentality so prevalent in what remains of society today.

BoltonHibee
07-05-2010, 08:56 AM
I was going to answer you, but the insults at the end, only goes to show what a numpty you really are. Have a look at my signature, these are the facts. You may not like them, but you lower league reserve team managers never will.

I bet Gordon Brown is kicking himself this morning for not using you as his spin doctor in this election campaign. Mind you Yogi wouldn't have let you go without a fight!

Ray_
07-05-2010, 08:58 AM

I hope the Board tell you exactly how it is and tell you that you don't deserve what has been achieved at Hibs over the last 5/10 years and if your not now willing to play YOUR part in making the team on the pitch better then maybe, just maybe, you should look elsewhere.

When in the last 9/10 years have we not been in transition? If it was just the same old posters we wouldn't be having the same moans in the supporters club or pubs nor would we have declining gates.

The board haven't done it all on their own, SUABC was a huge success and together with player sales, bailed out the previous incompetence’s of a board that had alienated the support and accumulated a massive debt.

The board have achieved a lot of what they wanted to, but until they have a product that is going to be good enough to attract sufficient funds through gates, merchandising & sponsorship, to sustain growth, the job is far from being done & it would therefore be foolish and irresponsible of them to make any statements of the type you are suggesting.

Ray_
07-05-2010, 09:04 AM

I don't think Mixu's run from the the start of Jan last year was as bad as it has been this year, like you say, stats don't lie.

The start of Yogi's career as manager here was promising, as the results were good, although the performances didn't quite match the results we were getting.

The start of Mixu's career as manager here was also promising, with him taking us several places up the league, but like yogi, he was unable to sustain it, where is the difference?

scoopyboy
07-05-2010, 09:21 AM

Beggars belief!!

People are fed up with Yogi,no tactics and a team with no spirit getting humped and losing a 4 goal lead,WTF!! people are not happy,the only way the club will listen is if people make it clear that they are not happy, the best way to do that is to hit them in the pocket, I dont see a problem with it, it is better than following like lemmings and pretending nothing is wrong ,yir no yams, yir Hibs supporters, Stand Up And Be Counted FFS.
As for calling folk "yams" because they have had enough is exasperating to say the least.
We have laughed at the yams for years now because they take it in the a55 from a guy whos never in the country, but when it comes to your own club you stick yir heids in the sand.If you really want to call any Hibs supporters yams then take a hard look in the mirror,yep lemming yams.

I do believe I am standing up and being counted, by renewing my season ticket and supporting the team I will never turning my back on. I'm no uber fan but am a Hibs fan that has seen in excess of 30 games a season since god knows when.

I am not happy with what's going at Easter Road either but I do not consider myself a lemming as you put it.

You obviously reckon the real Hibs fans shouldn't renew their season tickets and then they can say they have taken their heads out of the sand.

My hero.

Ray_
07-05-2010, 09:30 AM
I do believe I am standing up and being counted, by renewing my season ticket and supporting the team I will never turning my back on. I'm no uber fan but am a Hibs fan that has seen in excess of 30 games a season since god knows when.

I am not happy with what's going at Easter Road either but I do not consider myself a lemming as you put it.

You obviously reckon the real Hibs fans shouldn't renew their season tickets and then they can say they have taken their heads out of the sand.

My hero.

:confused: The way I read it was that the only people Phil was calling lemmings were the ones who were having a go at fans who had decided not to renew etc.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2010, 10:20 AM
I don't think Mixu's run from the the start of Jan last year was as bad as it has been this year, like you say, stats don't lie.

The start of Yogi's career as manager here was promising, as the results were good, although the performances didn't quite match the results we were getting.

The start of Mixu's career as manager here was also promising, with him taking us several places up the league, but like yogi, he was unable to sustain it, where is the difference?

A constant place IN the top 4, only the last couple of weeks have we gone 5th. And a very good chance of gaining 4th again. Under Mixu, it was a fight for the top 6. Progress in my book, some dips, but better league placing, better wins, better goals for, better team.

Phil MaGlass
07-05-2010, 10:59 AM
:confused: The way I read it was that the only people Phil was calling lemmings were the ones who were having a go at fans who had decided not to renew etc.

you read it right.

Scoopyboy, Im glad Im your hero.

Andy74
07-05-2010, 11:03 AM
When in the last 9/10 years have we not been in transition? If it was just the same old posters we wouldn't be having the same moans in the supporters club or pubs nor would we have declining gates.

The board haven't done it all on their own, SUABC was a huge success and together with player sales, bailed out the previous incompetence’s of a board that had alienated the support and accumulated a massive debt.

The board have achieved a lot of what they wanted to, but until they have a product that is going to be good enough to attract sufficient funds through gates, merchandising & sponsorship, to sustain growth, the job is far from being done & it would therefore be foolish and irresponsible of them to make any statements of the type you are suggesting.

why is it we only actually hear from you when there is something to maon about??

for me there s a group of people who like nothing more than when there is something about the club to complain about and I can't for the life of me underaand why there is a constant need to seek out everything that is bad about something you are supposed to like, to be part of and to support.

Phil MaGlass
07-05-2010, 11:18 AM
A constant place IN the top 4, only the last couple of weeks have we gone 5th. And a very good chance of gaining 4th again. Under Mixu, it was a fight for the top 6. Progress in my book, some dips, but better league placing, better wins, better goals for, better team.

I can remember the beginning of the season when fans(myself included, upto a point) were saying great we could split the OF, a couple of points and we can jump sellik,we were 3rd, then it started to go t1ts up,we heard posters saying aye were no playing bad but were still 3rd,then it was aye weve lost 3rd but we win our next game were back in 3rd,that never materialised we struggled on for weeks through humpings from Ross County,the Buns and the torture went on.
Folk were still saying we could still finish 3rd and at worst 4th,then we slipped,sorry capituilated and were in the throes of a 5th/6th place battle, wae the hertz, who really should have been out of sight by 20 or so points. With hertz mibbe catching and taking over us in the race for Europe. Still these fans were saying aye but if we can HANG onto 5th(clutching at straws) and Dundee Utd win the cup final we will get intae Europe.
Its a sad state of affairs right enough. Most of us could see we were riding our luck at the beginning of the season and when anything was said of it
(even though we were also enjoying the ride), the Happy Clappers werent having it calling us yaks/yams etc,etc...Its not nice to say but we were proved right,we collapsed and have become the laughing stock of the league. If thats progress then ahm a Dutchman.

Thank god the season had a split and never went on any longer than it has. We may well have ended fighting it out with Aberdeen for 10th spot.

Roll on next season. Fresh start and hopefully a fresh team.

IberianHibernian
07-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Everyone knows results and performances have been disappointing for a while but things were already bad when season tickets went on sale . If anyone was doubting whether to buy a ST why didn`t they wait till end of season or summer ? Or is talk of cancelling STs just talk of 2 or 3 fans on heat of moment or to have a go at Yogi ?

scoopyboy
07-05-2010, 11:28 AM
you read it right.

Scoopyboy, Im glad Im your hero.

Excellent response Phil.

I think there is probably middle ground between your post and my reply.

My original point was there isn't an argument that Hibs would lose financially but that with the attitude of some Hibs fans these days they possibly wouldn't be a miss to those fans sitting near them. Over the years I think the attitude of Hibs fans has changed and not for the better.

Every week (even when the team are winning and playing well ) there are arguments amongst fans and stupid things being shouted that is likely to get other fans backs up. I don't know how often you get to home games so you may or may not believe me.

It is each and every fans choice whether they renew their seasons for whatever reason but I think it is actively wrong to discourage people from renewing.

As I said earlier there are few that are happy with the goings on at Hibs just now but I hope and expect them to get better.

Hope you now see where I am/was coming from.

degenerated
07-05-2010, 11:48 AM
:dummytit::dummytit::dummytit:

Totally reasoned arguement there:rolleyes:

If people didn't stand up and make a statement a few years ago we would not, as a club, be here now.

Grow up FFS.

but that standing up and making a statement a few years ago didnt involve boycotting season tickets cause we only finished 5th in the league, or maybe fourth.

so your comparison is nonsense.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I received a call from boltonhibs this morning, we were chatting in a civilsed way, on what we thought about our team, the manager and whats been happening. He and myself bought new season tickets for next season, and you know what?

He might be one of the most miserable gits i know,:greengrin and he's so against the manager, its not true. But when he told me they had taken the money from his account today, i could tell he was secretly cock a hoop.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2010, 11:51 AM
but that standing up and making a statement a few years ago didnt involve boycotting season tickets cause we only finished 5th in the league, or maybe fourth.

so your comparison is nonsense.

Exactly, we have people boycotting, or saying they will. :dummytit: When we are having in recent terms, one of our best seasons. When did we get that good, that boycotting a side that could be 4th on Sunday, was reasonable behavior?:confused:

Ray_
07-05-2010, 11:56 AM
why is it we only actually hear from you when there is something to maon about??

for me there s a group of people who like nothing more than when there is something about the club to complain about and I can't for the life of me underaand why there is a constant need to seek out everything that is bad about something you are supposed to like, to be part of and to support.

"We"

If you spent more time with your head outwith Rod Petrie backside, you would know different. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Thank god the season had a split and never went on any longer than it has. We may well have ended fighting it out with Aberdeen for 10th spot.

How would that have worked then? If you lose a game against a bottom 6 team do they take points off you?

Franck Stanton
07-05-2010, 01:03 PM

Well said that man. Believe me no-one is more gutted than myself about the state of our TEAM just now but to throw the teddy out whenever we are not performing so well smacks of that lot at the PBS - how can we slag them for doing the self-same thing ourselves? A lot of so-called fans on here need to grow up and BACK the team THROUGH THICK & THIN. As for me, well I have renewed for next season, and will every season till I am no longer on this mortal coil because I am a Hibernian FOOTBALL CLUB supporter and not a Hibernian Football TEAM supporter, notice the difference ya muppets?

TornadoHibby
07-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Exactly, we have people boycotting, or saying they will. :dummytit: When we are having in recent terms, one of our best seasons. When did we get that good, that boycotting a side that could be 4th on Sunday, was reasonable behavior?:confused:

If only everyone supported your view like a few on here seem to do BH! :wink:

Fact is that for more than 3 months now, we have watched disgraceful performances from Hibs in the main with lack of desire, will to win, commitment, poor attitude, players leaving team-mates hung out to dry in matches at times and on top of that some poor individual performances and some woeful defending and midfield play! :agree:

Granted, the effort levels have improved over the last three or four games but the other things have not improved materially and we still cannot hold onto a lead when we manage to get ourselves into such a position in matches which has been relatively rare over that three month period of time! :confused:

Now, that is a long enough period for people to become conditioned to expecting that kind of performance to continue since the management team have been unable to "stop the rot" for whatever reason with such reason(s) not actually known to the fans! :confused:

However, allowing for the differences in finance available and quality of respective players at his disposal, can you imagine someone like Alex Ferguson standing by and allowing that sort of situation to continue for more than one match? :cool2:

With Yogi being an aggressive "larger than life" individual, at least as a player, one should reasonably expect that he would tolerate no nonsense or poor performances from ANY of his players but yet he seems unable to actually make a difference as far as those attending games can see! :grr:

For goodness sake, why don't you try and see things objectively rather than expect everyone to follow your line of thinking! :grr:

If people want to pay at the gate rather than buy ST's then that's their decision on what they are seeing and what they think next season will be like and they will be aware of the effect of large numbers doing so on next season's player budget etc! :grr:

Stevie Reid
07-05-2010, 03:00 PM

Beggars belief!!

Of course people are entitled not to renew their season tickets and decide to go to ER less/not at all, but would you listen to yourself? Not only trying to encourage people not to buy season tickets but actually insulting Hibs supporters who have decided to renew - utterly disgusting.

Andy74
07-05-2010, 03:10 PM
"We"

If you spent more time with your head outwith Rod Petrie backside, you would know different. :agree:

Oh, we are going back to these days are we? How pathetic. You must love these dips eh so you can start becoming interested again.

greenlex
07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Are folk actually forgetting how bad it was under Mixu? At least with Yogi there have been instances of good football.
If folk are reasonable and look at the season as a whole rather than the last 3 months or so it ain't so bad. At the start of the season anyone of us would have bitten a hand off for a chance of fourth place going into the final game. Yes it could have been so much better but it wasn't so get over it FFS and let Hughes get on with what he started. I have my doubts about his ability and decision making too but he deserves to continue as we have in fact progressed from last season like it or not.
He will be measured against targets set and I just hope they were realistic. If they were then he will be here next season. I have renewed and ga e no intention win lose or draw at the weekend of cancelling.

SloopJB
07-05-2010, 03:48 PM

I think you'll find Hibs would be loathe to refuse entry to any supporter because they only go when Hibs are winning.

I'd encourage everyone to attend as much as they can afford to. Really looking forward to next season already.

down the slope
07-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Well said that man. Believe me no-one is more gutted than myself about the state of our TEAM just now but to throw the teddy out whenever we are not performing so well smacks of that lot at the PBS - how can we slag them for doing the self-same thing ourselves? A lot of so-called fans on here need to grow up and BACK the team THROUGH THICK & THIN. As for me, well I have renewed for next season, and will every season till I am no longer on this mortal coil because I am a Hibernian FOOTBALL CLUB supporter and not a Hibernian Football TEAM supporter, notice the difference ya muppets?

Muppet central here!, by the way i have supported the team through thick and thin and i don't need any lessons from you or anyone else whether i buy a ST or pay at the gate, you seem able to put up with any old crap on the pitch but for me it's like watching paint dry but not so interesting. As i have said before if you give RP the money up front he will think you are happy with the garbage being served up so for that reason i will still support the team if i see improvement but i will pay at the gate, have you a problem with this ?.

we are hibs
07-05-2010, 03:53 PM
ill be there next season:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Hiber-nation
07-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Just renewed, always will do no matter what.

There is surely more hope for the Hibs we all want to see with a 6-6 than there is with a 0-0 :greengrin

Ray_
07-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Oh, we are going back to these days are we? How pathetic. You must love these dips eh so you can start becoming interested again.

:greengrin Rod's bottom, does enough light get through up there or do you need a torch?

Fifer
07-05-2010, 04:09 PM

:top marks:thumbsup::notworthy:

we are hibs
07-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Just renewed, always will do no matter what.

There is surely more hope for the Hibs we all want to see with a 6-6 than there is with a 0-0 :greengrin

Gordon Quinn
08-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Here Here.

Excellent post. Lets buy our season tickets and ensure Yogi has the funds for the new players we all know we need. If the players he buys don't do the business next season then we can start saying he should go. Easter Rd is going to be cracking when the stand is finished. Let's get as many ST's sold as possible and make it a fortress!

wills
08-05-2010, 08:36 AM

We are Hibs fans, every season we live for the expectation of winning something, we moan when we play well, we moan when we don't, we slate the board, the manager and players, inevitably we are disappointed by the end of the season, but this is Hibs live with follow the team and hope for a better season next year.

Der Panzer
08-05-2010, 08:52 AM
When suffering from feelings of guilt, some people feel the need to publicly air what they have done in the hope that they will receive some empathy in exchange. I think this is what threads like this are all about.

NAE NOOKIE
08-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Its folks right to refuse to renew their STs for next season if they want to.

Some clubs have fans the majority of whom will go and support their team no matter what. Clubs like that have ( to my mind ) a special place in football and I think that amoungst football fans all over the world these clubs are respected for they type of supporters they have as much or more than clubs with 6 European cups in the bag or a pile of league titles.

Unfortunately Hibs fall a wee bit short of that, but not as much as some.

I am thinking of clubs who can still hold on to a steady home support no matter how bad things are on the pitch or in some notable cases how successful their most hated enemy gets.

Some examples of supporters who have had to put up with a hell of a lot more than us but still stick with it.

Man City
Everton
Newcastle Utd
Dundee
Atletico Madrid
Espanyol
1860 Munich

I would judge that Hibs have a die hard home support these days of about 7000 who will probably go no matter what because in their opinion weakening the club from a financial point of view can hardly help things get better on the pitch. They see themselves as supporters of the club and not just the team on the park.

On top of that there is probably about 3000 who will stop going to games if the football drops below a certain standard or they feel that Hibs lack of success ( by that I mean semi finals and 4th / 3rd in the league ) is too much for them to take.

There is probably another 3000 you can chuck in because they will come to ER on a reasonably regular basis only of the club are playing like they did in the Mowbray era.

Finally there is another 30,000 who call themselves Hibbies and might go to the odd game as the mood takes them or cup finals, big European matches etc.

As far as I can see it is the job of the people running OUR club to do everything they can to persuade as many of the second two categories to attend Easter Road on a more regular basis as possible.

A tough job.

weecounty hibby
08-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Its folks right to refuse to renew their STs for next season if they want to.

Some clubs have fans the majority of whom will go and support their team no matter what. Clubs like that have ( to my mind ) a special place in football and I think that amoungst football fans all over the world these clubs are respected for they type of supporters they have as much or more than clubs with 6 European cups in the bag or a pile of league titles.

Unfortunately Hibs fall a wee bit short of that, but not as much as some.

I am thinking of clubs who can still hold on to a steady home support no matter how bad things are on the pitch or in some notable cases how successful their most hated enemy gets.

Some examples of supporters who have had to put up with a hell of a lot more than us but still stick with it.

Man City
Everton
Newcastle Utd
Dundee
Atletico Madrid
Espanyol
1860 Munich

I would judge that Hibs have a die hard home support these days of about 7000 who will probably go no matter what because in their opinion weakening the club from a financial point of view can hardly help things get better on the pitch. They see themselves as supporters of the club and not just the team on the park.

On top of that there is probably about 3000 who will stop going to games if the football drops below a certain standard or they feel that Hibs lack of success ( by that I mean semi finals and 4th / 3rd in the league ) is too much for them to take.

There is probably another 3000 you can chuck in because they will come to ER on a reasonably regular basis only of the club are playing like they did in the Mowbray era.

Finally there is another 30,000 who call themselves Hibbies and might go to the odd game as the mood takes them or cup finals, big European matches etc.

As far as I can see it is the job of the people running OUR club to do everything they can to persuade as many of the second two categories to attend Easter Road on a more regular basis as possible.

A tough job.
Good post. I have moved straight from category 1 to category 4. I hardly ever used to miss a game but then my circumstances changed about 4 years ago. Now I attend infrequently, usually derbies as they are the only games I really miss, and it is mostly down to money. I started going mid seventies as a boy, went throughout the eighties, nineties and noughties and although disapointed for the most part with the standard on the field would never have thought about missing games. It was relatively inexpensive to attend back in 80s/90s but now it is a £50 to £80 day out for me and my son and it is just not justifiable in my present circumstances.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that due to the cost, people nowadays will find it much easier to give up STs and not come back. It is a very expensive hobby/pastime if you compare it to other things. £400ish ST the travel, pint or two, food, programme, club shop etc easily takes it to £2k or £3k per season. And the clubs do not treat fans with any sort of respect but see us as cash cows who will turn up week in week out and be fleeced of money.
The cost of the catering at football stadiums is an absolute disgrace and every club in the league takes the piss out of the captive audience they have. Searched at the gate to prevent you taking drinks/food in and then ripped off at the kiosk.
Moan/point/rant over, I think I responded to about four different threads in one post there.

green with envy
09-05-2010, 10:37 AM

You just stick to riding scooters ya bam.:faf:

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Good post. I have moved straight from category 1 to category 4. I hardly ever used to miss a game but then my circumstances changed about 4 years ago. Now I attend infrequently, usually derbies as they are the only games I really miss, and it is mostly down to money. I started going mid seventies as a boy, went throughout the eighties, nineties and noughties and although disapointed for the most part with the standard on the field would never have thought about missing games. It was relatively inexpensive to attend back in 80s/90s but now it is a £50 to £80 day out for me and my son and it is just not justifiable in my present circumstances.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that due to the cost, people nowadays will find it much easier to give up STs and not come back. It is a very expensive hobby/pastime if you compare it to other things. £400ish ST the travel, pint or two, food, programme, club shop etc easily takes it to £2k or £3k per season. And the clubs do not treat fans with any sort of respect but see us as cash cows who will turn up week in week out and be fleeced of money.
The cost of the catering at football stadiums is an absolute disgrace and every club in the league takes the piss out of the captive audience they have. Searched at the gate to prevent you taking drinks/food in and then ripped off at the kiosk.
Moan/point/rant over, I think I responded to about four different threads in one post there.

I agree with you on this point. My post was thoughts on the mindset of fans rather than from a financial point of view.

As I have said on posts in other threads on that subject. If your finances mean that you can only make a couple of games a season and you go to those games, then you are every bit as good a supporter as those who can afford season tickets and the like.