PDA

View Full Version : Stokes, Riordan, Miller, Nish...

Judas Iscariot
05-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Must all be thinking "What the **** did we do to deserve to be in a team and managed by a manager that are so defensively inept and utterly ****ing spineless!"

Stokes 23 goals this season
Riordan 17 goals this season & 8/9 assists
Nish 6 goals and a fair few assists..
Miller, head and shoulders above nearly everyone he plays against and alongside..

No wonder these guys look huffy as **** on the park when they're continually let down by the same few ****ing joey players and useless *******ing "Manager"

Farce

PeterboroHibee
05-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I thought Rankin was quite good tonight as well, battled hard the entire game, covered a lot of the midfield and got an assist.

Millers great on the ball, but think he can go missing at times when we dont.

MussyHibby
05-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Must all be thinking "What the **** did we do to deserve to be in a team and managed by a manager that are so defensively inept and utterly ****ing spineless!"

Miller, head and shoulders above nearly everyone he plays against and alongside..

No wonder these guys look huffy as **** on the park when they're continually let down by the same few ****ing joey players and useless *******ing "Manager"

Farce

:faf:

madabouthibs
05-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Ok, I've opened the "reply" box here, but I haven't a clue what to write! :confused:

Dr_Regal
05-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Ok, I've opened the "reply" box here, but I haven't a clue what to write! :confused:

Ha done that twice 2nite ma sel

Craig_in_Prague
05-05-2010, 09:39 PM
A lot of our goals and attacking play was outstanding......... But our defending was truely shambolic, i did not even chear our 5th and 6th goals coz I KNEW it was going to still be a bad night.

I agree how the hell our forward type players can sit on the same bus going home tonight, with that mess.

Ell_Chrisso
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM
your kiddin me on about miller. the lad aint kicked a ball for hibs in months. rankin was outstanding against hearts, and in recent form .. id pick him over miller all day. agree with what ur getting at tho. def and keeper is just a shambles

CallumHibs07
05-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Hopefully the Nish-bashers will shut it for a bit now. Good display and a hat-trick.

Hibby 2005
05-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I thought Rankin was quite good tonight as well, battled hard the entire game, covered a lot of the midfield and got an assist.

Millers great on the ball, but think he can go missing at times when we dont.

Have you watched Rankin try to tackle? He does the same thing everytime, either he falls or slides along the ground while attempting to get the ball. Most of the time the player he's tackling just jumps over him.

PISTOL1875
05-05-2010, 09:51 PM
your kiddin me on about miller. the lad aint kicked a ball for hibs in months. rankin was outstanding against hearts, and in recent form .. id pick him over miller all day. agree with what ur getting at tho. def and keeper is just a shambles

The Op must be watching a differant Liam MIller because the one we have was brutal tonight and has been for the past 4-5 months...

AJWisme
05-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Have you watched Rankin try to tackle? He does the same thing everytime, either he falls or slides along the ground while attempting to get the ball. Most of the time the player he's tackling just jumps over him.

Have you watched Miller try to tackle? How many fouls does he give away needlessly?

HibbyAndy
05-05-2010, 09:52 PM
The Op must be watching a differant Liam MIller because the one we have was brutal tonight and has been for the past 4-5 months...

:agree:

Utter pish.

Alfred E Newman
05-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Yogi actually blames these players for the collapse . The front players have to drop back and cover when the opposition have the ball. They did it for most of the game but stopped working after the 6th goal.
He could have a point but when you have defenders and a goalkeeper that can`t cope with anything in the air you are always going to struggle.

hibee_girl
05-05-2010, 09:53 PM

Though to be fair to him tonight the commentators did say that Miller had been ill all day and that Hibs were going to see how much they could get out of him.

Clearly Yogi forgot all about that!

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 09:53 PM

Farce
:top marks:grr:

Bad Martini
05-05-2010, 09:54 PM

Like the wonderful Thicot who was utter ***** all night???

Like the rest of our "defense" who were ***** all night???

Even Ian Murray (who's been about the best defender we've had for months) wasnt great tonight.

John Rankin is NOT a brilliant player. He's not a great goalscorer and he's not even a brilliant midfielder.

BUT, he is everywhere, he puts in a shift and for all his faults, he does NOT lack effort. He chips in with assists and the odd goal. Can we say that for our ****ty defense??? Nope.

Useless and ****ing lazy. Simple.

We SCORED S I X goals...........we lost S I X goals........!!! SIX goals....what more can the midfielders and forwards do when we ship goals like this. YES, forwards/midfielders are the first line of defense but oor defense put nothing into this.......useless, lazy, workshy and NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Stevie Wonder can see it, ****ing aliens from the planet Zorg can see it and everyone in the Northern Hemisphere can see it................................................ ..........except YOGI!!!!! :grr:

PISTOL1875
05-05-2010, 09:55 PM

Though to be fair to him tonight the commentators did say that Miller had been ill all day and that Hibs were going to see how much they could get out of him.

Clearly Yogi forgot all about that!

Why play him then ??? McBride could've took his place...

woody47
05-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Hopefully the Nish-bashers will shut it for a bit now. Good display and a hat-trick.

Excellent first half but woeful second. Should have been pulled off and another midfielder put on for the last 15 minutes.
Miller should have used his experience out there to calm the players down but went awol.
We really needed a calming influence out there tonight but didn't have one.
Never been so p!ssed off for a long time over a result.
We actually took quite a large support through tonight and got let down once again.
Then to listen to Yogi on the way back in the car blaming the attack! It was their fault that we lost the fgoals tonight as they thought it was all over at 6-2. FFS Yogi, it should have been. You should have shut up shop. Flood the midfield and hold them. The forwards had done their bit.

Dunbar Hibee
05-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Excellent first half but woeful second. Should have been pulled off and another midfielder put on for the last 15 minutes.
Miller should have used his experience out there to calm the players down but went awol.
We really needed a calming influence out there tonight but didn't have one.
Never been so p!ssed off for a long time over a result.
We actually took quite a large support through tonight and got let down once again.
Then to listen to Yogi on the way back in the car blaming the attack! It was their fault that we lost the fgoals tonight as they thought it was all over at 6-2. FFS Yogi, it should have been. You should have shut up shop. Flood the midfield and hold them. The forwards had done their bit.

Nish was easily our best player tonight. Well done big man, hope he gets another year.

Devine
05-05-2010, 10:08 PM

Farce

It just beggers belief how you can even start to justify that!

Cabbage1875
05-05-2010, 10:10 PM

Utter pish.

He's bang on the money. How Liam Miller continues to pull the wool over some Hibs fans eyes is beyond comprehension.

Bishop Hibee
05-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Nish, Riordan and Stokes are natural goalscorers and any team out with the OF would have them in their squad tomorrow despite some of the virulent pish spouted against them on threads here.

In the first half, I thought Wotherspoon, Millar and Rankin played well. The problem was the defence.

In the second half, it showed that Hughes, Rice et al hadn't coached the midfield in what to do to hold a lead and when McBride came on he made no difference. As for Benji :bitchy: Yogi should have brought McCormack, crap though he is, on as a 3rd CH.

GET YOGI OUT NOW!

monktonharp
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
cant blame him for tonight's shambles,but did he actually kick the ball when he came on,if he did,I cant remember seeing it. could he not just pretend that he was a defender for 3 or 4 minutes ? or dae somethin?

Bad Martini
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Nish, Riordan and Stokes are natural goalscorers and any team out with the OF would have them in their squad tomorrow despite some of the virulent pish spouted against them on threads here.

In the first half, I thought Wotherspoon, Millar and Rankin played well. The problem was the defence.

In the second half, it showed that Hughes, Rice et al hadn't coached the midfield in what to do to hold a lead and when McBride came on he made no difference. As for Benji :bitchy: Yogi should have brought McCormack, crap though he is, on as a 3rd CH.

GET YOGI OUT NOW!

Exactly....

Bad Martini
05-05-2010, 10:14 PM
cant blame him for tonight's shambles,but did he actually kick the ball when he came on,if he did,I cant remember seeing it. could he not just pretend that he was a defender for 3 or 4 minutes ? or dae somethin?

Nope.

And thats the point mate. When you want to defend a very slim lead, you want someone who will be at the back to do that.

That is NOT Benji........one does not need to have Steven Hawking powers of intellect or Sherlock Holmes powers of deduction to work that out ........... everyone could see that, except, perhaps, Yogi :grr:

PeterboroHibee
05-05-2010, 10:15 PM

Dont agree with that, thought he was brilliant tonight. Front the moment the game kicked off he had the desire to win that game, he was chasing lost causes, doubling up on both sides of the pitch, throwing himself into headers and got himself an assist. Proper sure he won the corner that we managed to score from as well.

Im not suggesting hes a brilliant, match winning player, but think he was good tonight and others could use the same hunger he had.

Hainan Hibs
05-05-2010, 10:16 PM
He's bang on the money. How Liam Miller continues to pull the wool over some Hibs fans eyes is beyond comprehension.

Beyond me now also. Utter single fish tonight when needed most.

Tyler Durden
05-05-2010, 10:17 PM

Obviously Miller has struggled for form recently but he was hardly pish tonight. Set up a goal and also laid another chance on a plate for Stokes first half. He was one of the best players in the SPL until January.

Its hardly his fault that he's played with 3 other attack minded players. Does anyone actually think he's some kind of midfield enforcer? He's there to pass the ball.

The_Horde
05-05-2010, 10:25 PM

Farce

Spot on. :agree:

We've robbed the bank, all gone smooth. You're looking for the getaway van but the main man has put a bunch of flat space hoppers in it's place.

That's the thing with glass hearts, put pressure on them and they will shatter..

What's worse for me is i was watching in a pub full of ****bos who werenae even at their own home match. :grr: