PDA

View Full Version : Save your breath - he won't resign

DC_Hibs
05-05-2010, 09:22 PM
99% of managers refuse to wave bye bye to a fortune in compensation by resigning.

Only Petrie can save us and offer him a nice severance package to GTF (as per Mixu)

So get the cheque book oot Rodders and send Coco back to the circus.

RickyS
05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
99% of managers refuse to wave bye bye to a fortune in compensation by resigning.

Only Petrie can save us and offer him a nice severance package to GTF (as per Mixu)

So get the cheque book oot Rodders and send Coco back to the circus.

why should football be any different to "real" life, we should sack him for gross misconduct

DC_Hibs
05-05-2010, 09:28 PM
why should football be any different to "real" life, we should sack him for gross misconduct

His defence will be that we knew what we were getting after he nearly relegated Falkirk last season.

Legal Victory for Mr Hughes and a substantial pay oot.

Crab apple
05-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Hughes won't resign.

Green_one
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I do not think he actually sees he is doing much wrong.

His quotes seem far away from reality and his smiles after the game show he is either the actor of the year or he does not care a **** or he is just wired to the moon

This guy will be surprised when Rodders gives him a call.

Keith_M
05-05-2010, 09:44 PM

The sad thing is, I'd be surprised if Rod gave him a call as well.

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 09:45 PM

Or sack him for bringing the club into disrepute by laughing after that performance.
If the club can fine a guy for stating a fact about the pitch, they can sure as hell sack someone for that.

lyonhibs
05-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Yogi is a grinning buffoon. He's just not getting it - he thinks the "boys were magnificent" and that the past 8 weeks have been "enjoyable"

He's either been on the Bolivian marching powder, is blind, still thinks babies come down the chimney via Special Stork Post or all of the above.

He certainly won't resign, cos he's in the job of his dreams and quite happily making it a nightmare for the rest of us.

Greenblood70
05-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Swift action is required. Sack him tomorrow.

Relegated us as captain and will do the same as manager next season.

The man is a buffoon.:grr:

Jim44
05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
I do not think he actually sees he is doing much wrong.

His quotes seem far away from reality and his smiles after the game show he is either the actor of the year or he does not care a **** or he is just wired to the moon

You've hit the nail on the head.............his lift doesn't go to the top floor. Any manager whose team has been in freefall for months and loses a 4 goal lead should be everything but amused.

mcfly
05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
he is worse than mixu and his grinning coupon is really starting to annoy me.

he is scared to criticise the players....... . but the boys have been great all season....aye right 2 wins in 17 games. brilliant stuff

we defended like a drunken pub team on a sunday morning.

we are a joke and hughes is 100% to blame...Go now

archiebald
05-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Can only pray at bottom of bed tonight and PRAY THAT HE GOES AWAY TONIGHT amen.Never wished a manager to go since Duffy so please dont let it go on.

IberianHibernian
05-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Not sure where all this grinning stuff comes from . The people who are actually at games ( home or away ) won`t have time to watch Yogi`s expressions all game however boring the match is . I`ve watched all recent home games and a lot of away matches on Hibernian TV and have not noticed him smiling during games at all - far from it , even tonight at 6-2 . Of course we`re all enttled to criticise managers , players and board ( interesting that board don`t seem to be getting any criticism at present - are they not responsble for managerial appointments ? ) but hopefully with something constructive .

Dashing Bob S
05-05-2010, 11:12 PM
There's no way he won't be in charge for Sunday's game. Petrie would be crazy to sack the manager when a draw will probably secure forth, and Yogi won't walk, that would be bottling it, and that isn't him, whatever other faults he has.

I genuinely fear going to play any opposition with that defence, which has clearly lost confidence. Hanlon is a young player of promise, and i'd keep Murray, but Smith and Hogg should have no future at ER and it's impossible to castigate whoever they put in the terrible RB slot (Thicot, McCormack, D-Spoon, as neither can play that role).

I think we should leave the calling for Yogi's head as it ain't gonna happen till after Monday.

My guess is it'll be season ticket sales (or lack of) that will determine his fate.

Dunbar Hibee
05-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Not sure where all this grinning stuff comes from . The people who are actually at games ( home or away ) won`t have time to watch Yogi`s expressions all game however boring the match is . I`ve watched all recent home games and a lot of away matches on Hibernian TV and have not noticed him smiling during games at all - far from it , even tonight at 6-2 . Of course we`re all enttled to criticise managers , players and board ( interesting that board don`t seem to be getting any criticism at present - are they not responsble for managerial appointments ? ) but hopefully with something constructive .

The board don't pick the team, the strategy formation etc do they ? No, Yogi does. Or tries to :rolleyes:

Gerard
05-05-2010, 11:17 PM
I would love to see the manager of the calibre of Mr E Turnbull at Hibs again:wink:
Mr Hughes is too soft with our players and they know that:wink:
NO MORE EXCUSES.
Gerard

Baader
05-05-2010, 11:20 PM
No doubt he believes he can turn it around. He won't walk.

Greentinted
06-05-2010, 12:26 AM
There's no way he won't be in charge for Sunday's game. Petrie would be crazy to sack the manager when a draw will probably secure forth, and Yogi won't walk, that would be bottling it, and that isn't him, whatever other faults he has.

I genuinely fear going to play any opposition with that defence, which has clearly lost confidence. Hanlon is a young player of promise, and i'd keep Murray, but Smith and Hogg should have no future at ER and it's impossible to castigate whoever they put in the terrible RB slot (Thicot, McCormack, D-Spoon, as neither can play that role).

I think we should leave the calling for Yogi's head as it ain't gonna happen till after Monday.

My guess is it'll be season ticket sales (or lack of) that will determine his fate.

Far too rational and circumspect! And most likely bang on the nail's head!