PDA

View Full Version : That wasn't Yogi's Fault

Tricla
05-05-2010, 09:19 PM
I see the anti Yogi brigade are out in force again and are as venomous as usual.

IMO anyone who says that our capitulation tonight was Yogi's fault is either blind, stupid or both.

Yogi played a stright 4-4-2 tonight, something that we have screamed out for for so long and it worked a treat in that we went 6-2 ahead and played some pretty good stuff.

As Mattie Fairnie has said on another thread, as we lost a goal, then another, we needed a player or two to clip a few ears and get the boys organised again and no one came forward. Not even our Captain or the untouchable Ian Murray.

It doesn't matter who the manager is, what his tactics are or what subs are made, at 6-2 up in professional football the PLAYERS should be able to see it out.

They folded though and all Yogi could do was watch like the rest of us.

Yogi has been heavily criticised a lot recently and rightfully so for the most part but tonight he could have done no more.

I'm sure this will all mean nothing to those of us who are of that all to common opinion that managers should be sacked as soon as things turn bad without a decent chance to put things right.

I personally would give him the summer to get one or two players in (which he IS good at) and a few out and then see where we are at Xmas. Then if things are no better we can at least say we gave him a 'good' chance and not half or three quarters of a season which seems to be the ridiculous norm these days.

Or are we, like so many other sets of fickle fans and clubs going to keep turning over managers until we find the perfect one. Which will never happen.

I hope Yogi gets next season to put things right and ram some of the undue and needless slaggings he's had right down some of our throats.

GGTTY

Westie1875
05-05-2010, 09:22 PM
I see the anti Yogi brigade are out in force again and are as venomous as usual.

IMO anyone who says that our capitulation tonight was Yogi's fault is either blind, stupid or both.

Yogi played a stright 4-4-2 tonight, something that we have screamed out for for so long and it worked a treat in that we went 6-2 ahead and played some pretty good stuff.

As Mattie Fairnie has said on another thread, as we lost a goal, then another, we needed a player or two to clip a few ears and get the boys organised again and no one came forward. Not even our Captain or the untouchable Ian Murray.

It doesn't matter who the manager is, what his tactics are or what subs are made, at 6-2 up in professional football the PLAYERS should be able to see it out.

Yogi has been heavily criticised a lot recently and rightfully so for the most part but tonight he could have done no more.

I'm sure this will all mean nothing to those of us who are of that all to common opinion that managers should be sacked as soon as things turn bad without a decent chance to put things right.

I personally would give him the summer to get one or two players in (which he IS good at) and a few out and then see where we are at Xmas. Then if things are no better we can at least say we gave him a 'good' chance and not half or three quarters of a season which seems to be the ridiculous norm these days.

Or are we, like so many other sets of fickle fans and clubs going to keep turning over managers until we find the perfect one. Which will never happen.

I hope Yogi gets next season to put things right and ram some of the undue and needless slaggings he's had right down some of our throats.

GGTTY

:agree::top marks

We need leaders, none of our players seem to have that quality.

euro Hibby
05-05-2010, 09:23 PM
aye it was ........he chose the wrong goalie on the night !

Big Frank
05-05-2010, 09:23 PM

GGTTY

Though it really isn't nice seeing personal abuse dished out to Hibernians manager, I don't view those ripping in to him as an anti yogi brigade, rather a pro Hibernian brigade.

Good post tricla and some good points in there:agree:

Tricla
05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
aye it was ........he chose the wrong goalie on the night !

Faid do's!

1two
GGTTY

Glory Glory to the Yams??:grr:

Get tae **** ya fud!

Only joking:greengrin, I agree with most you said there, a clear out at the back is needed asap and a new on the park leader needed!

matty_f

GGTTY
:top marks Spot on Rob.

Yogi can only pish with the cock he's got. We've got the captain and vice captain playing together in the defence and neither of them stood up to be counted when it mattered.

How do you coach someone to have a bit of balls about them?

Kevvy1875
05-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I think some of the anti Yogi stuff is getting a bit hysterical. He does not deserve some of the vitriol aimed at him.

Yeah, he has to take the blame for this last couple of months but people need to take a couple of deep breaths before posting.

Buffon, thick, Clueless, moron....seen it all.

I have no doubt he is giving 100%...perhaps that is not good enough and we need to change things but I think he deserves a little more respect.

I know some will disagree....fair enough. Just my opinion.

Beefster

GGTTY

How many times do Hibs need to throw away a lead before you think Hughes should take any responsibility?

Davy Mac

Problem is, real leaders cost more than £2k a week.

I thought we really missed Jones tonight.

lyonhibs

GGTTY

Are we just to ignore him hooking Riordan, the team shape going to pot, and him having not the foggiest idea how to react to the Motherwell onslaught???

We were leading 6-2 FFS :grr:

Doubtless the players have let themselves down - again - but Yogi has lost my support, and I can't see him getting it back. Not that that will matter to him, because he'll doubtless chalk this capitulation down to - oh I don't know - the slight change in the wind direction, or the funny wee house in the corner of Fir Park putting his players off, as opposed to looking in the proverbial mirror.

Onward and upwards chaps - 2 wins in 16 and we should all just go easy on puir wee Yogi.

archiebald
05-05-2010, 09:26 PM

GGTTY
And the Riordan sub shows he knows what he is doing NOT :faf:

RickyS

Yogi can only pish with the cock he's got. We've got the captain and vice captain playing together in the defence and neither of them stood up to be counted when it mattered.

he has had 2 windows to change his cock tho:wink:

Craig_in_Prague

GGTTY

Total and utter dog poo.

Hughes could have tightened things up by changing formation and taking off more strikers, and even late on he put Benji on for Stokes.... WTF....

A total clown as a manager and as a DEFENDER he might wana check out what that means.

If he had any balls, he'd clear his desk tonight.

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 09:27 PM

GGTTY

Bullsh it!!

Yogi has the chance to change the team around, and the game.
He was 100% to blame for this performance.

To some on here he is turning into a teflon man...nothing sticks.

Tell me then, what is he responsible for???????????

H18sry
05-05-2010, 09:27 PM
The manager puts the team on the park, he tells them how to play,he makes the changes, he has to take the credit where credits due and the blame when required, a manager lives and dies by results, tonight he died :grr:

MussyHibby
05-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Aint a manager supposed to manage? Buck stops with him!:grr: He's the one that should be installing the fight and determination we clearly lack. Then he goes and makes it worse with his post match interview - not an ounce of an apology or any showing of humility. :grr:

For me, very much his fault! :grr:

Niffy
Naw , Smith should have been subbed after letting in the 1st of their easy goals after he took a knock.

And it's down to Yogi to instill strength & belief in the team - Craig Brown can do it...

Yogi laughing and joking tells the players it's all ok. He should be out their telling them to buck up.

He HAS to take the blame - the coach always does.
Why should Hibs be any different.
If this was one of teh auld firm they'd have the manager binned months ago.

Hibby 2005

The cock that Yogi's pishing with is good enough to beat Motherwell, Yogi has proved in recent weeks that he is'nt.

Brooster
Its Yogis fault we are the unfittest team in the league, his fault we have no bottle, his fault that his substitutions cost us every week, his fault that the players dont try a leg at training, his fault we are crap, need I go on? I hope he gets the sack tomoro.

scott_hfc1875

GGTTY

:top marks imo most sensible post of the night

RickyS
05-05-2010, 09:29 PM
The manager puts the team on the park, he tells them how to play,he makes the changes, he has to take the credit where credits due and the blame when required, a manager lives and dies by results, tonight he died :grr:

would Brown/knox have allowed a 6-2 lead to be lost? I don't think so.

sunshine1875
05-05-2010, 09:29 PM

GGTTY

You are having a laugh!

Benji on for Stokes, when a midfield or defender was required. This has happened to many times this season.

Yogi is totally clueless and you must be a Yam to still support him.

BSEJVT
05-05-2010, 09:30 PM

The thing is unlike us, Hughes had the chance to choose the length and girth of his cock and chose unwisely and has continued to do so.

His January signings and team selections and especially substitutions can only lead you to belive he actually chose a fanny in preference

Amit
05-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Managers are assessed on their results, over the last 16 games we have not been good enough... simple

Yogi brought in two players in January who have contributed the square route of f all... why not sign a right back and a few centre halves.. or is that the team's fault too...

Tricla
05-05-2010, 09:31 PM
And the Riordan sub shows he knows what he is doing NOT :faf:

How?

He brought on a more defensive minded played on to try and shore things up a bit.

Are you going to say that taking Deek off lost us the game?

I think not.

It was individual errors and poor defending.

None of which Yogi can do anything about.

MussyHibby
:top marks imo most sensible post of the night

Yours certainly isn't! What a lot of sheite!

Hainan Hibs
Fitness in the team has completely collasped.

Under JC that team wouldn't have conceded 6 goals and the team wouldn't have looked in danger tonight with the fitness we had then.

Under Hughes fitness has went completely tits up and we were blowing out our ***** in the 2nd half.

Sir David Gray
I have backed Hughes all the way. I even voted against him getting the sack after our capitulation on Saturday.

But, for me, tonight was the final straw. I have had enough.

You are correct to say that the players have to be held accountable but the manager is ultimately responsible for that kind of collapse.

I wanted Hughes to succeed as Hibs manager but I think we need to have a "mutual consent" announcement tomorrow as I just believe that his position is now untenable.

lEXO

GGTTY
Our team keep leaking goals in the last 10 minutes of games.For anyone to say that a manager is not partly responsible is blind stupid or both as you put it.Our record since january is in comparison with the teams fighting relegation,we have no recognised right back and our manager makes the same predictable subs every game.We cant see a game out, we look unfit and it looks like our best talent is going to be chased from the club.
Me, i hope he leaves asap because i dont trust him with my team.He,s not good enough, and needless slaggings?2 wins in sixteen, what do you expect to happen?

MussyHibby
05-05-2010, 09:32 PM
How?

He brought on a more defensive minded played on to try and shore things up a bit.

I think not.

Go away, I'm angry enough without your pi5h!:grr:

oldbiker
It was his fault, as the manager and leader he takes the can and the big bucks

Hibstrooper

GGTTY

And that's why so many people are so angry!

Tricla
05-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Managers are assessed on their results, over the last 16 games we have not been good enough... simple

Yogi brought in two players in January who have contributed the square route of f all... why not sign a right back and a few centre halves.. or is that the team's fault too...

I said it wasn't his fault 'tonight' and I said he has been criticised of late and rightfully so for the reasons you have mentioned amongst other things.

It was the players fault tonight though.

PeterboroHibee
I dont think Yogi was fully responsible tonight, think Smith takes a lot of the credit, but a common theme in the Hibs team for months has been a very poor defensive unit, not working as a team and constantly letting in goals that can be easily avoided; Peter Houston said we are a team that just dont know how to defend.

Surely thats a pretty damning statement on a man who used to be a defender, that he cant set up a team that knows how to defend?

crash

Unfortunately most of the pish comes out of his mouth.

Bostonhibby
The tactics and Yogi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We cant really defend but tonight it looked like attack was going to be our best form of defence and Yogi had it all going right. Why change it as he did, and so early - Well were out of it and we were on for even more goals, or at least they would have had to have been more wary when they were going forward, instead we helped them out by our tactical changes.

Teams who can defend and have leaders close up shop, probably not with 25 mins to go!

We took the pressure / fear of losing even more goals right off motherwell when we took Deeks off and sat more back, nothing much happened up front for us and Well poured forward as a result - Pa Broons subs perfectly matched our inability to defend and the fact we would not be doing much up front with 2.

The substitution turned the whole game well's way and whilst I feel Smith had a howler, not helped by woeful defending, our total inability to defend a cross and them being allowed to run riot on the wings.

I think the players for all their weaknesses got us into a commanding lead but were let down by decisions made by Yogi.

I have backed him but after that one its time to go John. Win thrown away as a result of tactics in my view.

Hibby 2005
05-05-2010, 09:34 PM

GGTTY

I'm glad to see you still had the willpower to post after witnessing that truly awful display tonight.

Yogi has brought in 10 players this season and done badly. Next season he thinks he only needs one or two more? Deluded or confident or more likely just plain useless.

Craig_in_Prague
How?

I think not.

you are either stupid or related to hughes.

or a yam.

:bye:

(((Fergus)))
How come Neil Lennon has been able to take the same squad that consistently bottled under Mowbray and turn them into a winning, fighting team?

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 09:35 PM
How?

I think not.

Is he not the manager????????????????????????

Is he not the coach?????????????????????????????

Seems he is more like the Pope and can't be blamed for anything.

Dunbar Hibee
Can't actually believe what im reading. I've backed Yogi all the way but tonight has just ****ed me right off. He can **** off as far as im concerned. Laughing at the end there, what the **** is that all about? Humiliating!!

noseyhibby

ram some of the undue and needless slaggings he's had right down some of our throats.

GGTTY

Until tonight I was in your camp: give him another half season, but 17 games of near capitulation and dire, gutless performances have taken me over the edge. Any decent manager would have arrested this appalling run long ago: at least shored up the defence, but John Hughes, ever-grinning, has convinced me that he really is not up to the Hibs job. Yes, it's frustrating to be thinking of getting rid of yet another manager, but so what. It really can't get any worse than the last 4 months.

Beefster
How?

I think not.

Absolute pish. If it was a one off, I'd agree. However, when it's continually happening, it's Hughes' job to sort it out or replace the offenders.

Big Frank
Fitness in the team has completely collasped.

Under JC that team wouldn't have conceded 6 goals and the team wouldn't have looked in danger tonight with the fitness we had then.

Under Hughes fitness has went completely tits up and we were blowing out our ***** in the 2nd half.

who said that:wink:

.... but yer spot on wi Hibernians fitness. We have one of the best training facilities in Britain. It really is staggering the levels of fitness at Hibernian.

I just don't get it. Something is far wrong at ER.

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Absolute pish. If it was a one off, I'd agree. However, when it's continually happening, it's Hughes' job to sort it out or replace the offenders.

:top marks:agree:

noseyhibby
:top marks:agree:
Can't actually believe what im reading. I've backed Yogi all the way but tonight has just ****ed me right off. He can **** off as far as im concerned. Laughing at the end there, what the **** is that all about? Humiliating!!

HibbyAndy
I have backed Hughes all the way. I even voted against him getting the sack after our capitulation on Saturday.

You are correct to say that the players have to be held accountable but the manager is ultimately responsible for that kind of collapse.

I wanted Hughes to succeed as Hibs manager but I think we need to have a "mutual consent" announcement tomorrow as I just believe that his position is now untenable.

I really cant argue with any of that.

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Is he not the manager????????????????????????

Is he not the coach?????????????????????????????

Seems he is more like the Pope and can't be blamed for anything.

:agree:

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 09:37 PM

I suggest he takes that cock out of his mouth then .

Bad Martini
05-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Yogi ****ed it up....again.

HE picked the subs.....fail.

HE couldn't motivate, encourage and ensure a 4 that is F O U R goal lead was kept and still its not one iota his fault????

He carries the can.......simple!

ENDOF

Alfred E Newman
05-05-2010, 09:38 PM
How?

I think not.

He was right to take a striker off at that time but I sensed disaster when Benji came on. It meant we were more or less playing with 10 men for the last few mins . Another body in the middle of the park would have made more sense.

Tricla
05-05-2010, 09:40 PM

or a yam.

Please, tell me how you coach a human not to make an error.

Then tell Yogi and all will be OK.

P.S - I'm a Yam.

:wink:

Barney McGrew
05-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Are we just to ignore him hooking Riordan, the team shape going to pot, and him having not the foggiest idea how to react to the Motherwell onslaught???.

He took off Riordan who was our out ball every time and moved Rankin out from the centre - where Motherwell were getting no change from him - to wide left.

Then, despite it being plain to everyone in the ground and watching it on TV that every problem Motherwell were causing us was coming from wide balls into the box, he then told the players to adopt a more narrow shape. ****in bonkers.

I've given him the benefit of the doubt until tonight, but a Sunday league team could hold onto a four goal lead with twenty odd minutes to go if the tactics are right.

Craig_in_Prague
05-05-2010, 09:44 PM

P.S - I'm a Yam.

You think being 6-2 up and nearly losing, has nothing to do with the manager?

The same guy that has signed 3 goalies,yet not solved the problem.
the same guy that brought in Gow, Galbraith, and keeps Deek at LM.
The same guy that hasn't changed our system a jot since xmas and has seen us in freefall.
The same guy that has fantastic facilities at his disposal.

He can just smile then and say the players have gave him it all?

piss off.

RickyS
05-05-2010, 09:45 PM

P.S - I'm a Yam.

serious?

BWhiteman1972
05-05-2010, 09:47 PM

GGTTY

He did have it right tonight until he took Riordan off.

Of course players have to take responsibility BUT while it was clear to one and all that we were losing it after losing the 3rd and 4th goals why didn't he change it again, even go with 5 at the back?

The answer... he doesn;t know how to. He proved that on Saturday when he couldn't adjust our tactics to the change Jeffries made and that cost us the game along with more horrid defending.

I'm not saying he is 110% responsible because as I say the players have to take responsibility.

But looking at the bigger picture, surely Dundee United will have learnt from ours and Celtics defeats to Ross County and win the Scottish Cup - therefore regardless of what happens on Sunday we WILL qualify for Europe in 5th place.

Do we want to risk going into next Season with Yogi? At the same time who would be his replacement?

Europe doesn't come along as often as we would all like it to, so we need to make sure we go into next season with confidence not only in the manager but the team - and it is quite clear that it is lacking at the moment in both.

3pm
05-05-2010, 09:49 PM
He was right to take a striker off at that time but I sensed disaster when Benji came on. It meant we were more or less playing with 10 men for the last few mins . Another body in the middle of the park would have made more sense.

Can't blame Benji. McCormack on at RB, Thicot to CH, Stokes off.

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 09:50 PM

P.S - I'm a Yam.

Jeez, there is no hope:bitchy:

Cod Boy
05-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Problem is, real leaders cost more than £2k a week.

I thought we really missed Jones tonight.

and pat stanton

PISTOL1875
05-05-2010, 09:54 PM

GGTTY

We don't ask for the perfect manager.. All we ask for is a guy who can see things and make changes during the game to help us..

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Yogi ****ed it up....again.

HE picked the subs.....fail.

HE couldn't motivate, encourage and ensure a 4 that is F O U R goal lead was kept and still its not one iota his fault????

He carries the can.......simple!

ENDOF

:agree: My necks stiff from all this nodding in agreement with so many posters

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 09:59 PM
:agree: My necks stiff from all this nodding in agreement with so many posters

I'm not used to being in a majority....Yogi to stay!!!!!!

jimmydhfc
05-05-2010, 10:00 PM
i have 2 agree when deek went off we were all over the place he was our outlet

6-2 up and we still **** it up big nish is so rite we are the only team in the world who could have done that

we need at least 4 defenders and a whole new midfield who know how 2 track bk

:grr::grr::grr:

Bishop Hibee
05-05-2010, 10:00 PM

:top marks I've backed Yogi despite him not being my choice as manager. I was willing to give him until Christmas 2010 at least but today's game revealed him as Duff Jimmy part two and I fear if we don't take decisive action now, next season will see us in dire trouble. He'll be praying for a 14 team league!

We have players like Stokes, Riordan and, for all his faults, Nish who are natural goalscorers and we have a manager who cannot combine this with a formation that can close out a game when 4 goals ahead.

While watching the game in The Guildford, I actually texted 2 of my ST holding brothers who were unable to watch the game at 2-6 to say that at least we'd get a draw. I turned to my Hibs ST holding mate watching the game with me and said the same. Bar staff laughed. Were laughing at us at the end.

Sorry Yogi, time up :bye:

Cabbage1875
05-05-2010, 10:04 PM
People are still sticking up for him after that :faf::faf:

Deary me guys, take your head from out of the sand.

Sammy7nil
05-05-2010, 10:11 PM

Pretty much agree with that after Utd game. We Have 6 - 7 decent players a great start for a new manager Yogi CANNOT get a team and players will have lost all confidence in him. Worst Run of games for 14 years

P.S. The player we miss most is Zemamma at least he can hold the ball for 2 seconds

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-05-2010, 10:14 PM
You can say that it was not Yogi's fault if you like, but at the level that we play at and the level of professionalism that we are entitled to see, two things seem obvious to me. The team on the pitch, should have enough savvy to close out a game 6-2 up without needing their hands held. But more importantly, the manager should be clued up enough to see when they are losing the place and get them organised. Shamefull display of orgnisation and leadership both on and off the park. :boo hoo:

Baader
05-05-2010, 10:17 PM
I fail to see how after a slump like this anyone can absolve Hughes. Do they think managers like Jeffries, Craig Brown even Jimmy Calderwood FFS would be getting results like this with that squad of players? They definitely would not.

Bringing on Benji at 6-5? He is tactically clueless and was found out, bigtime, some time ago.

Sorry Yogi but it is not working and it is not going to change. IMO he has had longer than most managers would get during a run of disgraceful results like this. I thought he was a very good appointment and wanted him to suceed like every Hibee but he is just not up to this job. Should be ashamed after a result like that not grinning away. And please don't try to pass this off as some freak 'what a game' once in a lifetime occurance - it was a terrible indictment of your regime and how far we've fallen.

matty_f
05-05-2010, 10:18 PM
You can say that it was not Yogi's fault if you like, but at the level that we play at and the level of professionalism that we are entitled to see, two things seem obvious to me. The team on the pitch, should have enough savvy to close out a game 6-2 up without needing their hands held. But more importantly, the manager should be clued up enough to see when they are losing the place and get them organised. Shamefull display of orgnisation and leadership both on and off the park. :boo hoo:

Can't argue with that.:agree:

1two
05-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Actually, the more i think about this the more the blame points to Yogi

After smith blunders on saturday and the hard time he got from the fans then, his confidence is obvioulsy Zero.

So why throw him into such an important make or break game??

YOGI!

since90plustwo
05-05-2010, 10:22 PM
devensive errors conceded the goals, good tactics made our goals

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Actually, the more i think about this the more the blame points to Yogi

After smith blunders on saturday and the hard time he got from the fans then, his confidence is obvioulsy Zero.

So why throw him into such an important make or break game??

YOGI!

Very good point.

Very bad man management.

Rico
05-05-2010, 10:24 PM

P.S - I'm a Yam.

Ingredients: Competent management and training, modern facilities, comfortable environment, regular appraisals and working on highlighted weaknesses, up to date technology, motivation and incentive, discipline and encouragement, reward and recognition, and experience.
Just a few things that help prevent us making errors at our work.

18sand75
05-05-2010, 10:25 PM
A game that finishes 6-6 either speaks volumes of the attackers or the defenders. No prizes for getting this one right! At 6-2 up it doesn't take a genius to work out what you have to do to win. Obviously our illustrious leader has other ideas? Telling us that you can squeeze more out of these players doesn't help. Can we squeeze any more out of you? We need radical change for next season and radical change must start at the top. :bye:

The_Horde
05-05-2010, 10:28 PM
How come Neil Lennon has been able to take the same squad that consistently bottled under Mowbray and turn them into a winning, fighting team?

He's still in the honeymoon period.

We had one of those.

Love the Green
05-05-2010, 10:29 PM

So is it not the managers job to bring in leaders?

"keep the faith":wink:

skipster7
05-05-2010, 10:35 PM
not long back,still completely stunned at what iv'e just witnessed, 6-2 up, playing great, good support through ,bouncing and even having a laugh at mc'cann and we ****in collapse like a bunch of schoolboys.
bunch of bottlers if we cant regroup when they get back to with a couple of goals:grr:
as for yogi, i thought at the time fair enough an extra midfielder on, something he been slated for not doing enough but htf did we just crumble like that when they made it 6-3:grr:
as if thats not bad enough yogi as good as blames the STRIKERS, yes the ones who have got 6 goals between them for not defending from the front !!! also has a go at hogg for not organising everyone at free kicks when surely this is done in training !!
help me boab, its getting awfy hard to defend him:bitchy:

7-Zip_Mike
05-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Anyone who defends Yogi has got to be havin a laff. Pub football pub team pub manager. I am absolutely gutted. Yogi has zero tactical sense and if I effin hear one more quote about "the boys gave it all" I'll be sick.

Laughin stock of Edinburgh, Scotland and probably wider. John take your wee jacket off the peg and jog on. 100% joke manager and 100% to blame.

RickyS
05-05-2010, 10:37 PM
i have 2 agree when deek went off we were all over the place he was our outlet

6-2 up and we still **** it up big nish is so rite we are the only team in the world who could have done that

we need at least 4 defenders and a whole new midfield who know how 2 track bk

:grr::grr::grr:

did Nish actually say that?

Hibercelona
05-05-2010, 10:40 PM
The leader should always be the manager!

matty_f
05-05-2010, 10:42 PM
The leader should always be the manager!

We needed leaders out on the park though. Hughes is right - where was the organisation for free kicks and corners? Where were the players when Motherwell were scrapping for an equaliser?

Devine
05-05-2010, 10:44 PM
We needed leaders out on the park though. Hughes is right - where was the organisation for free kicks and corners? Where were the players when Motherwell were scrapping for an equaliser?

If you listened to Hughes talk about football Im sure many of us would agree with a lot of what he says. Unfortunately football is played on the park the talking is done on the park not in airy fairy land where talk means success!

Baader
05-05-2010, 10:48 PM
If you listened to Hughes talk about football Im sure many of us would agree with a lot of what he says. Unfortunately football is played on the park the talking is done on the park not in airy fairy land where talk means success!

He wouldn't be out of place in an election debate - just tells people what he thinks they want to hear. Unfortunately we found out (most of us anyway) there's nothing beyond those words. I'm actually worried it is detrimental to our club to keep Yogi on. I dread to think..

The_Sauz
05-05-2010, 11:16 PM
How?

I think not.

Sorry but your wrong!

For weeks JH as been saying that he needs us to push further up the park when defending, and that we need to be harder to beat, and yet here we are still doing the same stupid schoolboy mistakes.

In my opinion, either the players don't understand him or his tactics or they have no faith in the man.

Another thing, when has JH ever dropped a player (apart from deeks) for going off form?

I have seen better managers with better squads getting sacked for less, so why should JH be any different?

Crazyhorse
06-05-2010, 12:00 AM
did Nish actually say that?

Until tonight I was in your camp: give him another half season, but 17 games of near capitulation and dire, gutless performances have taken me over the edge. Any decent manager would have arrested this appalling run long ago: at least shored up the defence, but John Hughes, ever-grinning, has convinced me that he really is not up to the Hibs job. Yes, it's frustrating to be thinking of getting rid of yet another manager, but so what. It really can't get any worse than the last 4 months.

Hibs under Hughes reminds me a bit of Hull last season. Great start built up lots of points but then a dramatic collapse in the second half of the season. Taylor couldn't do anything about it because he was out of his depth and the slide continued this season. I've never felt humiliated after a draw before not looking forward to the piss taking in work. I really hope Yogi is gone after the DUFC game maybe if we had lost tonight he would have fallen on his sword. There's a question would it have been better for Hibs in the long run if Well had come back from 2:6 to 7:6? What a nightmare following this team is but then again nobody died. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

hibiedude
06-05-2010, 04:43 AM

or a yam.

Taking Roirdan off then Stokes sums up Yogi perfectly

We were in a game that's is open as it gets and he takes our top goalscores off....

Motherwell wanted it more than us and they were never going to give up - taking Roirdan and stokes off was a massive mistake

KWJ
06-05-2010, 05:17 AM

The result was a draw away from home to a team above us.

I've just finished watching the match and I can't quite believe it.

I was thinking about what subs I'd make and I was praying for him to bring on a defensive player when Well started to get on top after our 6th. Riordan was the player I'd have taken off as Nish was getting stuck in and Stokes a little more so than Riordan.

Stokes was completely cast when he brought on Benji, I'd maybe have gone with Cregg or Stevenson though to be fair and just left Nish up there. Who was also cast.

Other sub going through my head was bringing Maka on :boo hoo:

Tricla
06-05-2010, 05:34 AM
devensive errors conceded the goals, good tactics made our goals

:top marks

Ray_
06-05-2010, 05:57 AM
How?

I think not.

I agreed with McBride coming on, however, taking Riordan off when he was the main influence on the game was, at best, bizarre, to leave a keeper on, who was clearly struggling & the main inspiration of the Motherwell revival & Hibs crumbling, was absolutely criminal, or maybe I'm just blind & stupid and your right?.

weonlywon6-2
06-05-2010, 05:59 AM

GGTTY

now that i`m getting over the shock of it all youre probably right.

anyone got rob jones telephone number????

Beefster
06-05-2010, 06:08 AM

The players shouldn't even have to think about organisation at a corner / free-kick - it should be drummed into them at training what they need to do.

You don't think that our late collapses have anything to do with fitness? Hughes is supposed to ensure that they're fit and if they're tiring during a game, sub them.

I'm not saying the players have no responsibility but it's bogus to dismiss everything that's wrong as the players' fault. As everywhere else, ultimately, the manager is responsible - especially when the terrible form has been running for 3 months.

weonlywon6-2
06-05-2010, 06:10 AM
ive just watched the replay on the bbc and have to say that our defending was awful.greame smith albeit saved the penalty looked at fault for several of the goals and the 6th motherwell got was a fantastic goal if im being honest and the keeper couldnt do anything.

shopping list for yogi- some decent defenders please, mind you he wont need me to tell him!!

Cropley10
06-05-2010, 07:10 AM

GGTTY

Utter balls. Every other team in the SPL will be absolutely delighted if Yogi is manager next season.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
06-05-2010, 08:26 AM
would Brown/knox have allowed a 6-2 lead to be lost? I don't think so.

No, maybe not but they did allow their team to do 2-6 down at home.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
06-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Taking Roirdan off then Stokes sums up Yogi perfectly

We were in a game that's is open as it gets and he takes our top goalscores off....

Motherwell wanted it more than us and they were never going to give up - taking Roirdan and stokes off was a massive mistake

That kind of pish sums up the hysteria that goes on here after a defeat.

He took off an offensive left midfield player and tried to hsore up by bringing on a defensive midfield player - and he gets criticised for not going for more.

The exact hting he has been criticised on here for doing in the past - i.e. taking off wotherspoon on saturday and putting on gow.

You cant blame the manager for players retreating into their shells - Chris Hogg, Ian Murray, Liam Miller - these are the guys that are culpable.

And where has this unfitness myth come from? I dont see any evidence of this, and certainly didnt when we scored numerous late goals during the season.

Lack of confidence and players crapping themselves explains our collapses recently, fitness is just another of these things fans grab on to when the team arent going well.

Barney McGrew
06-05-2010, 08:37 AM
He took off an offensive left midfield player and tried to hsore up by bringing on a defensive midfield player - and he gets criticised for not going for more

He gets criticised because it changed the shape of the team. He took Riordan off and then told the midfield to stay narrow.

Remind where most of Motherwell's goals came from? Balls from wide areas into the box.

Tricla
06-05-2010, 08:38 AM

He took off an offensive left midfield player and tried to hsore up by bringing on a defensive midfield player - and he gets criticised for not going for more.

The exact hting he has been criticised on here for doing in the past - i.e. taking off wotherspoon on saturday and putting on gow.

You cant blame the manager for players retreating into their shells - Chris Hogg, Ian Murray, Liam Miller - these are the guys that are culpable.

And where has this unfitness myth come from? I dont see any evidence of this, and certainly didnt when we scored numerous late goals during the season.

Lack of confidence and players crapping themselves explains our collapses recently, fitness is just another of these things fans grab on to when the team arent going well.

:top marks

BroxburnHibee
06-05-2010, 08:41 AM
He gets criticised because it changed the shape of the team. He took Riordan off and then told the midfield to stay narrow.

Remind where most of Motherwell's goals came from? Balls from wide areas into the box.

Aye but that wasn't Yogi's fault Shug - haven't you been reading:confused:

Judas Iscariot
06-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Yogi is as much to blame if not more so..

Before last night Yogi signed that inept prick Smith, he didn't bolster our *****y defence during the summer or the January window, he picks the team, the players, the formation, the tactics, he should inspire and lead the team..

Then last night..

Takes Riordan off for McBride - Good in principle, apart from the fact he didn't tell anyone to slot in where Riordan was.

Smith is having a mare/concussed - Doesnt sub the useless **** that chucked at least 3 of their goals and conceeds a needless pen.

Leaves Miller on for 90 mins - Who was clearly ****ed after 60 mins

Persists on playing Hogg - Who never won ANYTHING all night! Hanlon and Thicot have played excellent lately but since captain calamity has came back their games have suffered due to Hogg's sheer incompetance!

Only 2 subs - ANY manager worth his salt would have made a 3rd sub before they equalised, even if it wasn't a tactical sub but just to burn down the clock another few seconds

Formation - After subbing Deek a simple 4-4-2 would do but no, he planks McBride bang in the middle of the park along with Rankin and by this time, the dead on his feet Miller! Leaving acres of space down the flanks as no cover on the left and spoony lost hovering at RM! Why not bring Cregg on for Miller or even Stokes/Nish to shore up the midfield?

Naw, he ****ing takes Stokes off for ****ing Benji, a guy that's not interested in a battle if ever there was 1!!

And to top it all off, Yogi has the *******ing cheek to laugh at the final whistle :bitchy:

What the **** :grr:

khib70
06-05-2010, 08:48 AM

GGTTY
:crazy:That is, by a country mile, the most deluded nonsense I've read on this board for years. How anyone can defend this no-mark alleged manager is totally beyond me. And if you think some of us are over the top I can assure you that we're exercising huge amounts of restraint by not marching into ER and physicallly removing him.

I Love Lamp
06-05-2010, 09:08 AM
IF we accept that a manager has no effect on in-game tactics, no capacity to drill a defence, no role in going through the kinds of set pieces to expect from Motherwell pre-match, no responsibility to make telling substitutions, then there is one thing he could control: his post match comments.

At a shocking time like this, which is the latest in a series of shocking performances, you look to a manager for leadership; to show that he at least understands what he needs to do.

Instead, the same mince. The incompetence there was nothing short of unspeakable - as one could see from Nish's post-match comments. THAT is what the manager should've been like, except with the addition of some tactical insight and a plan for how he'll fix it INCLUDING changes to training, tactics and areas which require strengthening. Not generic nonsense about 'digging in' and 'boiler suits'.

erskine-hibby
06-05-2010, 09:14 AM
IF we accept that a manager has no effect on in-game tactics, no capacity to drill a defence, no role in going through the kinds of set pieces to expect from Motherwell pre-match, no responsibility to make telling substitutions, then there is one thing he could control: his post match comments.

At a shocking time like this, which is the latest in a series of shocking performances, you look to a manager for leadership; to show that he at least understands what he needs to do.

Instead, the same mince. The incompetence there was nothing short of unspeakable - as one could see from Nish's post-match comments. THAT is what the manager should've been like, except with the addition of some tactical insight and a plan for how he'll fix it INCLUDING changes to training, tactics and areas which require strengthening. Not generic nonsense about 'digging in' and 'boiler suits'.

If we accept that, we may as well not have a manager at all....oh hold on we don't.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Manager takes the blame simple as. He gets credit for wins and must take responsability for dodgy subs which cost us the win and possibly Europa lge football. :grr:

hibiedude
06-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Over the last 4 months remind me how many clean sheets have we have- we cant defend that’s our main problem encase you’ve been sleeping since February.

I love it when the laughing gas brigade try to convince everybody that it isn’t Yogi’s fault. :bye:

Tricla
06-05-2010, 04:53 PM
:crazy:That is, by a country mile, the most deluded nonsense I've read on this board for years. How anyone can defend this no-mark alleged manager is totally beyond me. And if you think some of us are over the top I can assure you that we're exercising huge amounts of restraint by not marching into ER and physicallly removing him.

Oooooo!

greenlex
06-05-2010, 04:55 PM

:faf::faf: You would last about 2 mins max.
Faceless wonders indeed.:faf::faf:

marinello59
06-05-2010, 05:00 PM

:faf: Grab the pitchforks guys...............maybe Petrie will throw Yogi down to the angry mob from an upstairs window. Will this be televised?

sh00byd00
06-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Bullsh it!!

Yogi has the chance to change the team around, and the game.
He was 100% to blame for this performance.

To some on here he is turning into a teflon man...nothing sticks.

Tell me then, what is he responsible for???????????

In a round about sort of way, i agree. i wouldn't go as far as punting him as i do agree with the OP in that respect.

managers take the plaudits when things are good, so they're big enough and ugly enough to take the flak when things go tits-up.

i think Hughes really needs to brush up on his tactics during the summer, otherwise he's going to be out a job and stuck managing dross in the lower divisions for the rest of his managerial career. maybe even getting a different assistant in as to help him a little. After all, he's obviously struggling as things stand.

greenlex
06-05-2010, 05:37 PM
In a round about sort of way, i agree. i wouldn't go as far as punting him as i do agree with the OP in that respect.

managers take the plaudits when things are good, so they're big enough and ugly enough to take the flak when things go tits-up.

i think Hughes really needs to brush up on his tactics during the summer, otherwise he's going to be out a job and stuck managing dross in the lower divisions for the rest of his managerial career. maybe even getting a different assistant in as to help him a little. After all, he's obviously struggling as things stand.
Do they really? The only one I can think of is "The Special One". Almost to a man they are quick to praise the players when its going well. Can you think of anyone else who take the plaudits and "blame" for good results/performances. Anyone?

snooky
06-05-2010, 05:51 PM
who said that:wink:

.... but yer spot on wi Hibernians fitness. We have one of the best training facilities in Britain. It really is staggering the levels of fitness at Hibernian.

I just don't get it. Something is far wrong at ER.

I've been saying for weeks that fitness is our main problem. We can only survive an hour then it's jelly legs all round.

I honestly think there's a good side hiding in the pool we have.
But, we need ....

1) a big step in fitness levels
2) organisation/discipline
3) a right back
4) a solid keeper
5) a policeman in midfield
6) to bin the non-triers

IMO, that would be a good start .....

If JH can't get them to train properly then get somebody else in who can - and fast!