PDA

View Full Version : The tactics and Yogi

Bostonhibby
05-05-2010, 09:11 PM
We cant really defend but tonight it looked like attack was going to be our best form of defence and Yogi had it all going right. Why change it as he did, and so early - Well were out of it and we were on for even more goals, or at least they would have had to have been more wary when they were going forward, instead we helped them out by our tactical changes.

Teams who can defend and have leaders close up shop, probably not with 25 mins to go!

We took the pressure / fear of losing even more goals right off motherwell when we took Deeks off and sat more back, nothing much happened up front for us and Well poured forward as a result - Pa Broons subs perfectly matched our inability to defend and the fact we would not be doing much up front with 2.

The substitution turned the whole game well's way and whilst I feel Smith had a howler, not helped by woeful defending, our total inability to defend a cross and them being allowed to run riot on the wings.

I think the players for all their weaknesses got us into a commanding lead but were let down by decisions made by Yogi.

I have backed him but after that one its time to go John. Win thrown away as a result of tactics in my view.

Gutted for some of the players and fans who made it and furious with the manager. Time to go.