cabbage07
05-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Honestly ,tell me what you see?

BoltonHibee
05-05-2010, 09:13 PM
How the **** anyone can defend him, is completely beyond me:confused:

delaCalz
05-05-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't think there is much Hughes can do when there are gutless, spinless cowards like Hogg, Thicot, Smith, Rankin in a Hibs shirt. I guarentee that if Yogi was playing in that game Hibs would never have thrown it away.

Sir David Gray
05-05-2010, 09:21 PM
I think most of his remaining supporters will have deserted him after the last two games.

I know I'm one of them.

MussyHibby
05-05-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't think there is much Hughes can do when there are gutless, spinless cowards like Hogg, Thicot, Smith, Rankin in a Hibs shirt. I guarentee that if Yogi was playing in that game Hibs would never have thrown it away.

Irrelevant mate, he is the manager and needs to manage. He obviously cant!

Billychaotic182
05-05-2010, 09:22 PM
I think most of his remaining supporters will have deserted him after the last two games.

I know I'm one of them.

me 2

cabbage07
05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Exactly ,i accept excuses for a couple of games but 2 out 17 nah ! nae excuse the **** is a clown and hes making us look like a circus act .
You just knew they would come back into the game tonight ****ing scandalous

robinhood
05-05-2010, 09:25 PM

I know I'm one of them.
Having just read his post match comments then I can see why.

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 09:27 PM
This for me was the final straw. I honestly wanted to give him another half season, but not now. The scale of capitulations these last few months is embarrassing and totally unacceptable.:grr:

Diclonius
05-05-2010, 09:28 PM
me 2

Me 3.

Cameron1875
05-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Me 3.

me 4:grr:

dawn
05-05-2010, 09:31 PM

I know I'm one of them.

Nodding angrily in agreement smiley

First and foremost I am a Hibs supporter and wanted him to do well for the team. I wanted him to have time, cos am sick of managers coming and going. Now I never wanted Hughs in the first place but that's another story.

Now I want him to walk, no I actually want him to sprint away from the job.

delaCalz
05-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Irrelevant mate, he is the manager and needs to manage. He obviously cant!

I see it as some of the players cant be managed and l think he knows that...hopefully we manage to get shot of them come the end of the season.

You could see Hughes wanting someone to stick out their chest, stand up and be counted, be a leader, no one did.

bingo70
05-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Having just read his post match comments then I can see why.

where did you read them about?

couldn't bare listening to him after full time after seeing him laughing and joking seconds after full time.

i'm still just in the 'dunno' camp though

robinhood
05-05-2010, 09:39 PM
where did you read them about?

couldn't bare listening to him after full time after seeing him laughing and joking seconds after full time.

i'm still just in the 'dunno' camp though

The best bits are being quoted on a few sites. Apparently the game was good for the Hibs fans and he wishes he had 11 Liam Millers.

HibbyAndy
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM
John Hughes has lost the plot with his aftermath comments.

Please leave John and take you giggling smile at fulltime with you.

That made me sick..Im now in the anti get JH TF camp.

sleeping giant
05-05-2010, 09:44 PM

So you want him to stay then Andy ?

mcfly
05-05-2010, 09:45 PM
words fail me.......only hibs could be 6-2 up and hanging on.

he wants a goalkeeping academy - he has 3 useless numpties on the books.....smith has collapsed the last 2 games.

what really annoyed me was him smiling at the end......we were humiliated tonite, blew our chance of europe, the players wont beat dundee utd.

rod if you read these pages please do the right thing and get rid of this joker. i will always support hibs but i cant go back at the moment.

hibs have scunnered me totally.....sat was bad but tonight was a humiliation!!!

noseyhibby
Nodding angrily in agreement smiley

First and foremost I am a Hibs supporter and wanted him to do well for the team. I wanted him to have time, cos am sick of managers coming and going. Now I never wanted Hughs in the first place but that's another story.

Now I want him to walk, no I actually want him to sprint away from the job.

:agree:

noseyhibby

Me too.:agree:

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 09:46 PM
words fail me.......only hibs could be 6-2 up and hanging on.

he wants a goalkeeping academy - he has 3 useless numpties on the books.....smith has collapsed the last 2 games.

what really annoyed me was him smiling at the end......we were humiliated tonite, blew our chance of europe, the players wont beat dundee utd.

rod if you read these pages please do the right thing and get rid of this joker. i will always support hibs but i cant go back at the moment.

hibs have scunnered me totally.....sat was bad but tonight was a humiliation!!!

darwenhibby
05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
In defence of him he did say when we were riding high that we will hit a slump.

But no one thought the slump would be as bad as this.

Yogi has a major task to get most of you back on board.

He has bought the attacking format, now let him build the defence.

Europe Here We Come:flag:

jakki
05-05-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm livid. Only yesterday I posted off a Cheque for his shirt sponsorship More than 1/6th of my weekly income ! I still had the belief that he could turn things around.Then there's all the raffles and HI that I subscribe to during the season. No counting for the games that because the directors won't answer my basic question about parking my scooter under the stand I had to pay taxi fares of £60+ to get to ER. We fans are nothing to the board , just money machines.

Tonight has been an eye opener for me. I have supported Hibs since 1962 and I cannot believe that we were leading 6_2 and only drew.I have followed Hibs through thick and thin but never a team bowed over to the opposition as tonite.

When Hibs "stand up and be counted" as a team then I will reconsider supporting them.

greenlex
05-05-2010, 10:10 PM
That tonight cannot under any circumstances be laid at the door of John Hughes. Havent heard his comment after the match but the players need to take responsibility for that collapse. Every ball sent into our box poorly defended. Poorly defended from everyone. 4 goals up with half an hour or so to go. Cut out the balls into the box and we win. Simple as that. Defend with your life the ones that do make it. Bullied again. We need bigger stronger players at the back FACT!!!!
NOT HUGHES TO BLAME. HE IS ONLY PLAYING THE PLAYERS AVAILABLE. FACT.

IberianHibernian
05-05-2010, 10:12 PM
The thread title says it all - whatever had happened in match , loads of people wre going to have a go at / defend Yogi . Most expected result would have been 0v0 or narrow win for Motherwell , instead we got an amazing match with almost a goal per attack . I rushed home to watch game on Hibernian TV knowing I`d miss first 20 minutes and probably a Motherwell goal to find us winning 1v2 and then everything happened . Like everyone , disappointed about dropping 2 points but main thought was this was a game where you couldn`t draw any positive or negative conclusions - it was a total one off as a match . Don`t agree about comments about " embarrassment , folk from outside Scotland seeing etc . " - it was a very exciting match from start to finish - if SPL was like that all the time , stadiums would be full all the time and there would be more interest from outside Scotland too . Is noone being positive and thinking that some viewers wll think that Hibs are a great attacking team who score 6 goals away from home ? Reality is that almost noone will have noticed anyway .

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 10:14 PM
That tonight cannot under any circumstances be laid at the door of John Hughes. Havent heard his comment after the match but the players need to take responsibility for that collapse. Every ball sent into our box poorly defended. Poorly defended from everyone. 4 goals up with half an hour or so to go. Cut out the balls into the box and we win. Simple as that. Defend with your life the ones that do make it. Bullied again. We need bigger stronger players at the back FACT!!!!

It's his job to manage the team.
It's his job to coach.
It's his job to set out the tactics, style of play and make adjustments as neccessary.

He fails in all of these.

He is 100% to blame.

mcfly
05-05-2010, 10:15 PM
The thread title says it all - whatever had happened in match , loads of people wre going to have a go at / defend Yogi . Most expected result would have been 0v0 or narrow win for Motherwell , instead we got an amazing match with almost a goal per attack . I rushed home to watch game on Hibernian TV knowing I`d miss first 20 minutes and probably a Motherwell goal to find us winning 1v2 and then everything happened . Like everyone , disappointed about dropping 2 points but main thought was this was a game where you couldn`t draw any positive or negative conclusions - it was a total one off as a match . Don`t agree about comments about " embarrassment , folk from outside Scotland seeing etc . " - it was a very exciting match from start to finish - if SPL was like that all the time , stadiums would be full all the time and there would be more interest from outside Scotland too . Is noone being positive and thinking that some viewers wll think that Hibs are a great attacking team who score 6 goals away from home ? Reality is that almost noone will have noticed anyway .

Are you Yogi????

get a grip - we were 6-2 up with 25 mins to go and we couldnt win

that is a joke and an embarrassment in my view...

maybe you thought it was exciting i was cringing

Bishop Hibee
05-05-2010, 10:17 PM

I know I'm one of them.

As I've said in other threads, I supported him until tonight but GET HIM OUT NOW!

hibs0666
05-05-2010, 10:18 PM

He picks the team. He has been backing the same bunch of bottlers for weeks now and it came home to roost tonight. He thinks the same squad will come good next season.

Tonight was not his fault but that team is his responsibility and he will carry the can for their ineptitude.

distant hibby
05-05-2010, 10:24 PM

John Hughes is living in effing fantasy football in the heid fact. When you are winning with 4 goals and twenty five minutes to go, why the **** no take off three strikers and shut up shop? he's the effing manager. The defence were awfull but you could have put another four players in there to help them. Kick anything that moves 1 booking every 2 mins uses up 20 mins of time. 4 goals up and people are still defending him. unbelieveable:grr: Smith had to come for everything because the defence is so ****ing bad. 2 centre halfs for next season please and dont let Miller play in our half.

greenlex
05-05-2010, 10:33 PM
It's his job to manage the team. Yes
It's his job to coach. Yes
It's his job to set out the tactics, style of play and make adjustments as neccessary. and Yes

He is 100% to blame. How can he be 100% to blame when he did all the right things at almost the right time tonight including changing formation and tactics with a 3 goal lead?. It wasnt him that failed to deal with the long balls and balls into our box. The players did that. Tonight was nothing to do with Yogi's shortcomigs and he does have them.
The anti Hughes hounds are having a field day with that result tonight and its all wrong.
He picked the best players available to him and they let him down in the end.
What team/tactics would you have used tonight and how would you have changed it to win the match? You are just giving it the failed failed failed Mantra can you please elaborate? We are just talking about tonight so dont go off on a tangent.

Bad Martini
05-05-2010, 10:38 PM
We need bigger stronger players at the back FACT!!!!

So he brings on Benji to help the defensive operation??? :confused:

The man is inept. He's been found wanting tactical prowess. He isn't up to the job and he should clear his desk forthwith.

HE IS TO BLAME. HE PICKS THE TEAM, FORMATION, SUBS, ETC.

The players available on the bench weren't used properly................

Neither were the ones who were NOT on the bench........................had they been used right ,we would not have shipped SIX count em SIX goals!

greenlex
05-05-2010, 10:40 PM
John Hughes is living in effing fantasy football in the heid fact. When you are winning with 4 goals and twenty five minutes to go, why the **** no take off three strikers and shut up shop? he's the effing manager. Whats wrong with the guys on the park keeping up the pressure as they had done from the front? He took of Riordan who had stopped tracking back amnd put on McBride a defensive Midfielder. The defence were awfull but you could have put another four players in there to help them.You seriously saying you would have played 8 at the back? Kick anything that moves 1 booking every 2 mins uses up 20 mins of time. 4 goals up and people are still defending him. unbelieveable:grr: Smith had to come for everything because the defence is so ****ing bad. 2 centre halfs for next season please and dont let Miller play in our half.The two centre halfs for next season wouldnt have been available for tonight mate.

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 10:41 PM
It's his job to manage the team.
It's his job to coach.
It's his job to set out the tactics, style of play and make adjustments as neccessary.

He is 100% to blame.

Now I've got a headache from all this agreeing:agree:

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 10:42 PM
How can he be 100% to blame when he did all the right things at almost the right time tonight including changing formation and tactics with a 3 goal lead?. It wasnt him that failed to deal with the long balls and balls into our box. The players did that. Tonight was nothing to do with Yogi's shortcomigs and he does have them.
The anti Hughes hounds are having a field day with that result tonight and its all wrong.
He picked the best players available to him and they let him down in the end.
What team/tactics would you have used tonight and how would you have changed it to win the match? You are just giving it the failed failed failed Mantra can you please elaborate? We are just talking about tonight so dont go off on a tangent.

Well at 6-2 up he could have taken off 2 strikers and put on 2 in midfield for a start.

It is his fault he manages, or so he says, he coaches, though i can't see how.
If the hounds are out, they are there because he deserves it. We have easily the 4th, and maybe the 3rd, best squad in the league but Yogi can only succeed in getting them to play like schoolboys.

greenlex
05-05-2010, 10:43 PM
So he brings on Benji to help the defensive operation??? :confused:

The man is inept. He's been found wanting tactical prowess. He isn't up to the job and he should clear his desk forthwith.

HE IS TO BLAME. HE PICKS THE TEAM, FORMATION, SUBS, ETC.

The players available on the bench weren't used properly................

Neither were the ones who were NOT on the bench........................had they been used right ,we would not have shipped SIX count em SIX goals!
Benji was like for like with stokes but maybe with the ability to actually hols any ball cleared up instead of half heartedly chasing it as he was nearer the end.
Mr Martini are the players blameless in this?
Again What team would you have picked? At 6-2 up the tactics seemed to be working. What changes would you have made?

greenlex
05-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Well at 6-2 up he could have taken off 2 strikers and put on 2 in midfield for a start.

It is his fault he manages, or so he says, he coaches, though i can't see how.
If the hounds are out, they are there because he deserves it. We have easily the 4th, and maybe the 3rd, best squad in the league but Yogi can only succeed in getting them to play like schoolboys.
I bet if he had taken of two strikers and we had drawn or even lost the match you would have been on to congratulate him for trying to defend the lead with his tactical prowess wouldnt you?
The guy is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt in many cases.

Bad Martini
05-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Mr Martini are the players blameless in this?
Again What team would you have picked? At 6-2 up the tactics seemed to be working. What changes would you have made?

Well at the point at which we removed Deek, I'd have made NO changes....you know why? For the first time in weeks, it wasn't bloody broken so why "fix" it? THAT is the point at which our big lead, and the game, started turning.

Not content with ****ing it up once, he goes and takes Stokes off for Benji who frankly, should piss off with Yogi given his work ethic, his diving, his moaning and his thinking he's going to celtc, real or wherever the **** in his heid he THINKS he's going.

YES, I agree - Thicot was pish. So, was the rest of our defense and in particular (And what caused us more aggro than normal) murray wasnt great today either which is unusual but again, its down the MANAGER to M A N A G E............he managed to **** it up, IMHO.

He snatched a (HUGE four goal) win from the jaws of vicotry and changed that to a ****ty draw....

Sorry mate, nothing against yer point around our players (at times) being spineless as I also agree at times, they are but Yogi isnt doing it in the boss's seat for me.

greenlex
05-05-2010, 10:49 PM
He picks the team. He has been backing the same bunch of bottlers for weeks now and it came home to roost tonight. He thinks the same squad will come good next season.

Tonight was not his fault but that team is his responsibility and he will carry the can for their ineptitude.
Very possibly. I havent read the whole board but there seems to be more anger at Hughes than the players tonight and I find that really quite strange. He picked the best 11 availabkle to him tonight. tried a plan b and he still gets it in the kneck. The players should be getting it tight tonight IMO.

gorgie_harp
05-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Are you Yogi????

get a grip - we were 6-2 up with 25 mins to go and we couldnt win

that is a joke and an embarrassment in my view...

maybe you thought it was exciting i was cringing

:top marks:top marks:top marks

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 10:54 PM
I bet if he had taken of two strikers and we had drawn or even lost the match you would have been on to congratulate him for trying to defend the lead with his tactical prowess wouldnt you?
The guy is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt in many cases.

So you are 6-2 upwith 25 mins to go, you have been on a very poor run of form, you need 3 points to secure a European spot, what do you do?

I know what I do.
I close off the game, stop them getting forward, flood the midfield. The players we have are more than capable of doing that.
Ipso facto we take the 3 points.

Scotthibs1875
05-05-2010, 10:56 PM
I don't think you can blame yogi for this result tonight. People might say he picks the team but really, who else has he got to chose from? Its obvious the team doesn't have a pair of balls and thats Yogis job to get players who do have a pair, in the summer.

bingo70
05-05-2010, 10:57 PM
So you are 6-2 upwith 25 mins to go, you have been on a very poor run of form, you need 3 points to secure a European spot, what do you do?

I know what I do.
I close off the game, stop them getting forward, flood the midfield. The players we have are more than capable of doing that.
Ipso facto we take the 3 points.

he tried that when he subbed riordan for mcbride :confused:

i understood taking riordan off, looking back it was clearly the wrong move, the logic of it made sense to me though.

the benji for stokes sub was nonsense, a defender should have come on for the last 5 minutes or so IMO

Si_17
05-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Tonight has made my mind up, I'm not going back as long as he's manager.

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 11:00 PM
he tried that when he subbed riordan for mcbride :confused:

i understood taking riordan off, looking back it was clearly the wrong move, the logic of it made sense to me though.

the benji for stokes sub was nonsense, a defender should have come on for the last 5 minutes or so IMO

Ok we lose another goal, bring on another sub...not a striker for striker though, that makes no sense at all.

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 11:03 PM
I don't think you can blame yogi for this result tonight. People might say he picks the team but really, who else has he got to chose from? Its obvious the team doesn't have a pair of balls and thats Yogis job to get players who do have a pair, in the summer.

He doesn't just pick the team he is meant to manage, coach, set out the tactics. ****** sake anyone can pick the team, he's meant to be the manager.

Greentinted
05-05-2010, 11:08 PM
The problem for me is that, after resolving to be patient and accepting that this period was the predicted slump, perhaps JH had found his level at Falkirk. In saying this however, I intend no disrespect towards anyone with any connection with Falkirk FC. A club of Falkirks current stature are bottom 6 perrenials or promotion hopefuls in the 1st Division. Surely a club of our size would not be stretching the bounds of ambition to be aspiring to a higher level than that. Is is, perhaps a case of Hughes operating (subconsciously even) within his own comfort zone - taking on the role of overachieving underdogs and the Hibs job has resulted in him sufferring a perpetual nosebleed. I have nothing personal against JH, in fact, he does come across as a decent, genuine, well meaning man with a deep rooted affection for our club but as manager that means diddly-squit.

It is transparently obvious, even to those of us with no more than a rudimentary understanding of the game of football, that JH is miles out of his depth. I wouldnt be surprised if Ross County do what we continue to fail to do and leave us without that Europa Cup spot.

I was in the favourable camp when he signed up. No I am certain this has been a mistake. All this 'A'hm fi Leith' Kitsch is frankly tiresome as are his formulaic quasi-intellectual interviews.

As has been stated, the manager should be in place to manage and this current incumbent is now incapable of that. This is not a mere slump now, this is professional hari-kari and its time the can was hari-karried and a proper manager brought in. To lose a 6-2 lead and narrowly escape defeat is ridiculous, even for a Primary 1 7-a-side team. In our top professional league it is as embarrassing as it is unforgivable. And the managers ineptitude is staggering. We all had a good chuckle at Shabba's inability to develop a contingency during games but now we find ourself with a man who's plan A isnt particularly briliant either.

Enough is enough John. You tried, you failed, now it's time to show some CHARACTER of your own and go. Or don't you see whats happening at the club you purport to love.

Scotthibs1875
05-05-2010, 11:14 PM
He doesn't just pick the team he is meant to manage, coach, set out the tactics. ****** sake anyone can pick the team, he's meant to be the manager.
We were 6-2 up and our defence and keeper has gifted them 4 goals. How is this the managers fault? Individual errors was why we threw away the game.

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 11:18 PM
We were 6-2 up and our defence and keeper has gifted them 4 goals. How is this the managers fault? Individual errors was why we threw away the game.

They can only score one at a time can they not??
In which case he has had 3 chances to shore things up to secure a win and he has failed. Yes, the players have a big part to play in this, but Yogi makes the tactical calls, not the players, and as I say he has come up way short...his fault!

Scotthibs1875
05-05-2010, 11:22 PM
They can only score one at a time can they not??
In which case he has had 3 chances to shore things up to secure a win and he has failed. Yes, the players have a big part to play in this, but Yogi makes the tactical calls, not the players, and as I say he has come up way short...his fault!
What do you think he could of done to have changed it then?

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 11:24 PM
What do you think he could of done to have changed it then?

See my other posts further up.

Or maybe like Mr Martini says, he should have done nothing for a change, after all we were winning 6-2, why change it??

BEEJ
05-05-2010, 11:25 PM
It is transparently obvious, even to those of us with no more than a rudimentary understanding of the game of football, that JH is miles out of his depth. I wouldnt be surprised if Ross County do what we continue to fail to do and leave us without that Europa Cup spot.

I was in the favourable camp when he signed up. No I am certain this has been a mistake. All this 'A'hm fi Leith' Kitsch is frankly tiresome as are his formulaic quasi-intellectual interviews.

As has been stated, the manager should be in place to manage and this current incumbent is now incapable of that. This is not a mere slump now, this is professional hari-kari and its time the can was hari-karried and a proper manager brought in. To lose a 6-2 lead and narrowly escape defeat is ridiculous, even for a Primary 1 7-a-side team. In our top professional league it is as embarrassing as it is unforgivable. And the managers ineptitude is staggering. We all had a good chuckle at Shabba's inability to develop a contingency during games but now we find ourself with a man who's plan A isnt particularly briliant either.
:agree: Well written and spot on. :top marks

Scotthibs1875
05-05-2010, 11:29 PM
See my other posts further up.

Or maybe like Mr Martini says, he should have done nothing for a change, after all we were winning 6-2, why change it??
He took off riordan for mcbride because riordan can't defend and is a lazy ba5tard and he put benji on for stokes because he wanted someone to hold up the ball (to keep some pressure of the defence)because nish and stokes weren't doing a good job of that.

The Harp
05-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Like every Hibee I've wanted Yogi to be a success but after seeing that smile on his face when he shook hands wi' Paw Broon, that's done it for me. After the players laughing and joking during their 'warm down' at Hamilton, and the reaction it caused, I thought he would have known better. Does he think throwing away a four goal lead is acceptable?
Sorry Yogi, it's becoming evident you haven't got a clue how to turn this slump around. It's time for you to go.

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 11:36 PM
He took off riordan for mcbride because riordan can't defend and is a lazy ba5tard and he put benji on for stokes because he wanted someone to hold up the ball (to keep some pressure of the defence)because nish and stokes weren't doing a good job of that.

The lazy B was doing pretty well up to then don't you think??

Benji for Stokes?? don't make me laugh. Benji is not going to get stuck in and win ball, and win ball is all we needed. Players who would stand up to their man, keep them up the park, Benji doesn't offer you this and neither, at this present moment, does McBride.
Nah! his 'plan B' looks more like a lightweight plan A. Shocking decision making yet again.

Criswell
05-05-2010, 11:37 PM
It is not just tonight's capitulation - it has happened countless times this season. How many times have we been in a winning position this season only to throw it away? Hughes doesn't seem to able to grasp the concept that if you surrender the midfield to the opposition they are going to overrun you and with our current defensive/goalkeeping problems the inevitable will happen.

He does not seem to be able to learn from his mistakes. He is not a rookie manager and it is painfully obvious he is simply not up to the job. Stick with him next season and relegation is a definite possibility.

hibee_nation
05-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Following the match update thread there was not much disent at the time of Yogi's subs. He gets slated for not changing things when we are ahead to hold onto a lead, and slated when he does, all with the benefit of hindsight ofcourse. Yogi did his best with whats available he is not some genius who got us ahead 6 -2 nor is he some idiot who lost 4 goals. No managers tactics can sort out a goalkeeper on self destruct bar punting him which he should have done at 6 -4. Most on here would have been happy with a point as most had us down as losing as yogi is so pash, 5th spot is secured a win on sunday will get us 4th with a bit of luck.

GGTTH

ps I like the mint strips tae :greengrin

Jim44
05-05-2010, 11:43 PM

Simples............he coaches them to deal with all situations, he forms their mindset and attitude, he coaches them to avoid silly errors...............the man's not up to the job.

Scotthibs1875
05-05-2010, 11:44 PM
The lazy B was doing pretty well up to then don't you think??

Benji for Stokes?? don't make me laugh. Benji is not going to get stuck in and win ball, and win ball is all we needed. Players who would stand up to their man, keep them up the park, Benji doesn't offer you this and neither, at this present moment, does McBride.
Nah! his 'plan B' looks more like a lightweight plan A. Shocking decision making yet again.
He was doing well yes but he isn't going to help the defence, while mcbride could help. Stokes and Nish weren't holding up the ball so he felt by putting on another striker hopefully he could this.

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Simples............he coaches them to deal with all situations, he forms their mindset and attitude, he coaches them to avoid silly errors...............the man's not up to the job.

Now hold on there!
Teflon timmy is only there to pick the team, it's up to the coach to train them...who is the coach BTW:confused:

gorgie_harp
05-05-2010, 11:50 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Scotthibs1875
05-05-2010, 11:50 PM
So its Yogis fault that they made individual errors. That makes sense mate

Scotthibs1875
05-05-2010, 11:52 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:
having something to say?

Atalanta
05-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Sad to say but it has become clear for some time that he can't inflence a game once it is underway. On Saturday Jeffries brought on two subs and changed the game. Brown did the same tonight. It was obvious that the midfield need to be shored up so bringing Cregg on to get stuck in and make tackles was what was needed. Bringing Benji on with two minutes to go was just pointless.

He should also have been getting Nish, Stokes Wotherspoon and Riordan to be getting back to help out the midfield.

He simply has no influence on what happens on the field.

Time to go Yogi. You have been found out big time.

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 11:54 PM
He was doing well yes but he isn't going to help the defence, while mcbride could help. Stokes and Nish weren't holding up the ball so he felt by putting on another striker hopefully he could this.

What????

Scoring 6 goals and the strikers weren't doing their jobs???

If that was his thinking then he is even worse than even I imagined.

Scotthibs1875
06-05-2010, 12:00 AM
What????

Scoring 6 goals and the strikers weren't doing their jobs???

If that was his thinking then he is even worse than even I imagined.

We were under pressure and our strikers just kept giving the ball away. This meaning motherwell kept flodding forward. I've already said the defence and kepper made individual errors but what would you rather he had done?

Jim44
06-05-2010, 12:01 AM

Got it in one, mate. Teams who consistently do badly, commit silly mistakes and lose matches. We have done consistently badly since January and the buck stops with Hughes.

The_Sauz
06-05-2010, 12:01 AM
That have been going on for weeks!
Who do you think get's paid to make sure a player stops making the same mistakes every week?

Scotthibs1875
06-05-2010, 12:03 AM
That have been going on for weeks!
Who do you think get's paid to make sure a player stops making the same mistakes every week?
Maybe its the players that aren't good enough?

erskine-hibby
06-05-2010, 12:05 AM
We were under pressure and our strikers just kept giving the ball away. This meaning motherwell kept flodding forward. I've already said the defence and kepper made individual errors but what would you rather he would done?

It was ******in Motherwell, not Barca. If the man doesn't have a clue how to hold onto a 4 goal lead against a **** SPL team we would have no chance against even mediocre European oposition. How can this be the man to take us forward??

Jim44
06-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Maybe its the players that aren't good enough?

According to Hughes they are good enough, so good in fact that he only intends to introduce a couple of new faces in summer.............God help us.

Scotthibs1875
06-05-2010, 12:08 AM
According to Hughes they are good enough, so good in fact that he only intends to introduce a couple of new faces in summer.............God help us.
Well hopefully he does the right thing and gets rid of the bottle merchants

Saorsa
06-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Well hopefully he does the right thing and gets rid of the bottle merchantsI hope he does the right thing too :bye:

erskine-hibby
06-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Well hopefully he does the right thing and gets rid of the bottle merchants

Starting with himself making a visit to Rodders in the morning with a letter of resignation.

Dr_Regal
06-05-2010, 12:16 AM
He should also have been getting Nish, Stokes Wotherspoon and Riordan to be getting back to help out the midfield.

fat lot of good that would have done as hanlon,hogg,thicot got beat in the air EVERY ****ing time the ball got punted. The juckovitz(sp) boy was taking the pi$$.

And now that ive calmed doon a bit, I understand why mcbride came on for riordan. thought that was a good sub, unfortunatly mcbride didnt touch the ball.

The fitness of the players IS yogi's fault, however I don't think we can blame him for the subs[/I]

Tattie
06-05-2010, 12:43 AM
The buck stops with Hughes end-off, everyone saying tonight happened due to individual errors is right but what about the last 14 games? He has clearly got it wrong on a number of occassions, failed to sort it and worst of all he us still smiling! Is he for real?

Any supporters if the man just need to look at his post match interview "6 all is the great for the supporters?" Are you serious? We were 6-2 up!

Out of his depth I'm afraid, final straw tonight. Do the right thing JH!

vahibbie
06-05-2010, 12:49 AM

Disagree about Deek, mibbe no the best tackler in the world but no lazy. Benji, now he can be a bit of a lazy *******. You're no exactly getting a lot of folk jumping on your side to defend Yogi. I think the term I'm looking for is "you're farting against thunder mate". Just cannae see how anyone can still be supportive of the man.

Oh Blackpool where art thou:devil:

gillythehibby
06-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Honestly ,tell me what you see?

I'll tell you what i saw. I saw Hibs playing some superb stuff in the first half scoring some great goals. I aslo saw our keeper have a *** mare ! If you watch the highlights again, you'll see what I mean. The guys in fron of him must have been tearing there hair out. That's no the gaffer's fault. I saying that, He maybe should have shut up shop after we went 6-2 up. easier said than done I suppose. It's just too easy to want a manager out. Same old crap season after season with no consistency. We need to give the big felly a chance to build on the squad. Frustration is the only way to describe Hibs. When I signed up for a life with them, I didny kow it ws gawney be this ****in hard ! That's life. I still love them

gillythehibby
06-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Got it in one, mate. Teams who consistently do badly, commit silly mistakes and lose matches. We have done consistently badly since January and the buck stops with Hughes.

So was it the "Lucky fairy" who had us well up the league the first quarter? Nothing to do wi the manager then? Guys, it's grim at the moment I know, but we need to take the bad wi the good. Get of his back and let him get on wi it.

TRC
06-05-2010, 02:03 AM
He took positives, quote from yogi " it was great for the fans" geez what f***ing fans Motherwell and yams :grr:

Niffy
06-05-2010, 03:43 AM
For anyone using the "if Dundee Utd win the cup ,we're in Europe" line , and that it's a good season , finishing 5th and qualifying , (even if it was 4th)

this current team will last 1 hour against any other hard working Euro side, and will be out well before the start of the 2nd leg.

So it aint no concellation.