05-05-2010, 09:05 PM
He is blaming the strikers:grr::grr:

sesoim
05-05-2010, 09:05 PM
"one again, there's positives" :bitchy:

Wotherspiniesta
05-05-2010, 09:06 PM
"one again, there's positives" :bitchy:

I'd say scoring 6 goals away from home is quite good.

oldbiker
05-05-2010, 09:07 PM
last 8 weeks have been great :grr::grr::grr: where the hell has he been

bighairyfaeleith
Yogi on now

on where?

down the slope
great for the fans

Frazerbob
"6 all, great for the fans"

Are you for ****ing real!!! :grr::grr::grr:

Hibercelona

I'd say losing a 4 goal lead to any team is not.

Crab apple
05-05-2010, 09:08 PM
That does not sound like a man who is thinking about resignation.

Hibby 2005
on where?

The moon.

McIntosh
Board meeting for tomorrow?

sesoim
I can't believe what I'm hearing. What a COMPLETE ****** Hughes is. And no Rob McLean, we don't need a John Hughes on the pitch. That arse captained us to relegation in 98.

random sub
Hughes- "I can work with Hoggy"

hibsdaft
05-05-2010, 09:09 PM
"six goals, its good for the fans"

wtf

HibbyAndy
6-6 all great for the fans?..is this cant the full shilling?

Hibby 2005
He sounds desperate.

renato
"6 all, great for the fans"

Are you for ****ing real!!! :grr::grr::grr:

He's lost it, got to have lost it saying that.

Laughing away and then says that, beyond a disgrace.

hibsbollah
I cannot believe he isnt resigning on the spot. he has no self-respect:grr:

sesoim

He's too stupid to contemplate that.

oldbiker
He feels for us!!!! no he disnae :yawn::yawn:

givescotlandfreedom
05-05-2010, 09:10 PM
What a balloon. Absolutely clueless! Anyone know if I can buy a bag of whatever he's on in Leith?

Phil D. Rolls
05-05-2010, 09:10 PM

Sounds like a man who is losing his grip on reality, fast.

JohnnyHibby
05-05-2010, 09:11 PM
great for the fans

Yes great for the fans of Motherwell and Hearts but not Hibs.....:grr:

Wotherspiniesta
I'd say losing a 4 goal lead to any team is not.

No, but sesoim indicated there were no positives to take

Our attacking play at times was fantastic.

oldbiker
What a balloon. Absolutely clueless! Anyone know if I can buy a bag of whatever he's on in Leith?

Plant food at the pipe shop, fit o the walk. allegedly :greengrin:greengrin

Saorsa
on where?on another planet :dunno:

Lee Marvin
05-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I cant believe what I have just heard. Great for the fans!!! He could only have possibly been talkin about Herts and Motherwell..... What a clueless mug and a horrific thing to say after that

hfcok
05-05-2010, 09:13 PM
for once he shoudnt have taken deek off,we lost our out ball when hes not there.

HibbyDave
05-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Yogi on now
Who gives a flying ****** about anything that twat has to say? (unless it's I resign) or the board have grown some balls and fired me.

Hibercelona
05-05-2010, 09:14 PM

No it wasn't.

The motherwell defending was utter ******.

If it was any other team, we would have lost the game and lost comfortably

oldbiker
05-05-2010, 09:15 PM
All we need now is the tories to get voted in for Scotland (Nearly as likely as losing a 4 goal lead)

CraigHibee
05-05-2010, 09:20 PM

yeah it is

but only if you dont let the opposition come back and humiliate you! :grr:

carnoustiehibee
05-05-2010, 09:20 PM
any link to the interview?

was it on bbc scotland

TornadoHibby
05-05-2010, 09:23 PM

Aye but that's only good if we score more than we concede and don't forget they missed a penalty conceded by our incompetent keeper Smith! :grr:

Not for the first time in the last few days he's thrown a few in! :grr:

Wotherspiniesta
05-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Aye but that's only good if we score more than we concede and don't forget they missed a penalty conceded by our incompetent keeper Smith! :grr:

Not for the first time in the last few days he's thrown a few in! :grr:

What are people not understanding?

Sesoim was raging because Yogi said there were some positives to take from the game.

I was just indicating that there was one.

Scoring 6 goals away from home is a positive!

oldbiker
05-05-2010, 09:30 PM
any link to the interview?

was it on bbc scotland

sadly yes and it will be on highlights later:boo hoo:

IWasThere2016
05-05-2010, 09:40 PM
What a grade A plonker! Enough is enough :bye: Yogi

oldbiker
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM
but who do we get Broon will no leave wi a team of fighters at his side

WestStandhibee
05-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Plant food at the pipe shop, fit o the walk. allegedly

they dont sell it anymore, just phoned :greengrin:greengrin

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I cannot believe he isnt resigning on the spot. he has no self-respect:grr:

:agree:

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Board meeting for tomorrow?

Please let it be true:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Saorsa
05-05-2010, 09:49 PM
I cannot believe he isnt resigning on the spot. he has no self-respect:grr:He'd rather stand there grinning like an imbecile.

Hibby 2005
05-05-2010, 09:54 PM
We're a team in transition. work in progress, etc, etc,.

We are miles (lliterally) away from where I want us to be (Yogi).

Crab apple
05-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Really, really proud of the boys. We gave it a right good go etc etc.

Basildon Hibs
05-05-2010, 09:56 PM

He's obviously as glaikit as he *****ing looks. Doesn't strike me as being a very intelligent person. :bitchy:

Craig_in_Prague
05-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Just clear your desk, you **** idiot.

Bad Martini
05-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Smiling and looking happy after ****ing it up TWICE.

3 goal lead...ruined.

4 goal lead...ruined.

There is no defending what happened. Why not say:

"I shouldn't have brought Deek off."
"I should have brought another defender on when oor backs were to the wall and we were fighting to defend our lead - instead I brought on the workhorse that is Benji"
"I should have motivated MY team better"
"I should have sorted this ****ing mess out at 6-3, 6-4 and ****ing 6-5".

Nah, why bother cause we didny lose eh...........and thats OK!!! Whilst FOUR goals ahead no less.

No use. YOGI GTF.

Not knee jerk..the fact were so far up the league is in SPITE of hughes, not BECAUSE of him and his footballing prowess.................

ENDOF

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 10:10 PM
He is blaming the strikers:grr::grr:

:bitchy: defies logic does our Yogi

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 10:11 PM

3 goal lead...ruined.

4 goal lead...ruined.

"I should have brought another defender on when oor backs were to the wall and we were fighting to defend our lead - instead I brought on the workhorse that is Benji"

Nah, why bother cause we didny lose eh...........and thats OK!!! Whilst FOUR goals ahead no less.

No use. YOGI GTF.

Not knee jerk..the fact were so far up the league is in SPITE of hughes, not BECAUSE of him and his footballing prowess.................

ENDOF

:top marks This is getting repetitive: agreeing with you and so many others in one night

Devine
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
The man speaks in riddles and goes off in a tangent about something completely unrelated to the question being asked.

If I hear that * word CHARACTER one more time!!!!!!!!!!! There is no CHARACTER thats the problem and that stems from YOU and YOUR choices!

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Hughes- "I can work with Hoggy"

What's frightening is that he actually believes he can, and not only with Hoggy:confused::confused::confused:

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 10:15 PM
The man speaks in riddles and goes off in a tangent about something completely unrelated to the question being asked.

If I hear that * word CHARACTER one more time!!!!!!!!!!! There is no CHARACTER thats the problem and that stems from YOU and YOUR choices!

I bet it was a right good interview eh?:bitchy:

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Just clear your desk, you **** idiot.

He'd probably make a right good mess of this as well:bitchy:

I'm_cabbaged
05-05-2010, 10:22 PM
I just about crahed my car in Carfin when he was on the radio.
"I wish all the players had the character of Liam Miller" :faf:
"It's great for the fans to be entertained" and I kid you not he was talking about us, ***in balloon. :grr:
I could go on but I'm at a loss what to say, totally numb.

BEEJ
05-05-2010, 10:26 PM

If I hear that f***ing word CHARACTER one more time!!!!!!!!!!! There is no CHARACTER thats the problem and that stems from YOU and YOUR choices!
:agree: His interviews do him no favours at all.

Slightly different permutation of the same stock phrases every time. No sense of awareness, frustration, disappointment, taking personal responsibility - just endless drivel about his long-term vision of building character in these young players and making them better people.

He could have talked constantly from the final whistle until midnight but we would not have heard anything of substance concerning the team's current predicament.

Baader
05-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Clearly out of his depth. I've no doubt he believes what he comes out with which is even more worrying. What's more is I can't see him resigning his position either. Ever!

New Corrie
05-05-2010, 10:43 PM
In amongst all that, we had to save a penalty aswell. It's all becoming a tad embarrassing.

SneakersO'Toole
06-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Having had near 24hrs to settle on the shambles that was last night, does Yogi's comments seem anymore bearable?

To me, last nights collaspe was a kick in the balls to all Hibs fans. Post match, Yogi's comments were the added stamp to whilst on the ground.

When is this guy actually going to stop paying lip service to the supporters and actually give us honest assessment on things?

"But there's positives - to come here and score six goals is fantastic."

It counts for nothing if you concede 6 John. Especially if you are winning 4-1 then 6-2.

"When we were 6-2 up my front players stopped working."

If I were Nish, Riordan or Stokes reading this I would be fizzing. Absolutely no mention of what was the worst defensive performance I have ever seen.

"The players are gutted"

Shame that you don't share their overwhelming emotion. Instead its all a big laugh and joke to you apparently.

"They've come through a lot this season, but it's my job to teach them and make them better people."

Please spare us all this pishfest 'trying to create a culture' nonsense. How many times to we need this rammed down our throats. You have been trying to install this so called culture all season yet all the supporters see are the biggest collection of bottle merchant wage thieves to ever wear the green and white.

"I can work with Hoggy."

Worst so called captain I have ever seen. He's been here 5 years and apart from one decent season has been the best part of dreadful. I pray that Judas is right with his clear out thread because the thought of Hogg as captain and
1st choice centre half next season makes me boke.

"Over the last eight weeks, it's been great, up and down."

I thought the worst comment by a football manager I had ever heard in my life came when Mowbray said that 'performances are more important results'. Hughes has just topped it with this beauty.

"It was great for the fans."

Hang on, this one is worse. This is actually an insult to me.

All in all, it was there or thereabouts one of the most insulting, condescending interviews I've had the mis-pleasure of hearing. Its the same old nonsense spouted week after week.

For once would it not be re-freshing to hear him speak from the heart and ditch this blind loyalty he has to his players? To actually demonstrate some authority and leadership by not accepting the dross and address the fans with the real issues? Defending not good enough, boys not men, do as I say or I will replace with players that will etc etc.

To me, last nights performance and post match interview were unforgivable. And it will take more than a average 4th place finish to forget this.

Feed McGraw
06-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Having had near 24hrs to settle on the shambles that was last night, does Yogi's comments seem anymore bearable?

To me, last nights collaspe was a kick in the balls to all Hibs fans. Post match, Yogi's comments were the added stamp to whilst on the ground.

When is this guy actually going to stop paying lip service to the supporters and actually give us honest assessment on things?

It counts for nothing if you concede 6 John. Especially if you are winning 4-1 then 6-2.

If I were Nish, Riordan or Stokes reading this I would be fizzing. Absolutely no mention of what was the worst defensive performance I have ever seen.

"The players are gutted"

Shame that you don't share their overwhelming emotion. Instead its all a big laugh and joke to you apparently.

"They've come through a lot this season, but it's my job to teach them and make them better people."

Please spare us all this pishfest 'trying to create a culture' nonsense. How many times to we need this rammed down our throats. You have been trying to install this so called culture all season yet all the supporters see are the biggest collection of bottle merchant wage thieves to ever wear the green and white.

"I can work with Hoggy."

Worst so called captain I have ever seen. He's been here 5 years and apart from one decent season has been the best part of dreadful. I pray that Judas is right with his clear out thread because the thought of Hogg as captain and

I thought the worst comment by a football manager I had ever heard in my life came when Mowbray said that 'performances are more important results'. Hughes has just topped it with this beauty.

All in all, it was there or thereabouts one of the most insulting, condescending interviews I've had the mis-pleasure of hearing. Its the same old nonsense spouted week after week.

For once would it not be re-freshing to hear him speak from the heart and ditch this blind loyalty he has to his players? To actually demonstrate some authority and leadership by not accepting the dross and address the fans with the real issues? Defending not good enough, boys not men, do as I say or I will replace with players that will etc etc.

To me, last nights performance and post match interview were unforgivable. And it will take more than a average 4th place finish to forget this.

Lady, that deserves a :top marksabsolutely spot on.

Gala Foxes
06-05-2010, 07:10 PM
his after match interview last night was another same old same old , "if I had 11 Liam Millers" - I thought he went missing last night so why would we want 11 of him ?

hibsbollah
06-05-2010, 07:11 PM
'It was great for the fans' was the one that got me. Its almost like he set out to say the most stupid, insensitive thing he could think of:rolleyes:

weonlywon6-2
06-05-2010, 07:13 PM
No it wasn't.

The motherwell defending was utter ******.

If it was any other team, we would have lost the game and lost comfortably

:bye::bye::bye:

lyonhibs
06-05-2010, 07:17 PM
'It was great for the fans' was the one that got me. Its almost like he set out to say the most stupid, insensitive thing he could think of:rolleyes:

I've deliberately not listened to the interview, because it seems that Yogi has absolutely surpassed his already high standards in condescending, patronising, pithy soundbites, and I don't think my ticker could handle that.

Bye bye to his "I'm wan o' the fans, a real man o' the people, ken what ah mean Chick" persona, he's successfully got shot of that image.

BEEJ
06-05-2010, 07:23 PM
To be fair, I thought he was talking generally there about neutral fans; not Hibs supporters.

I couldn't fathom this one, though:

It's been over 11 weeks and its been generally flat or in a downwards direction. :rolleyes:

hibiedude
06-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I try not to listen to Yogi these days because it isn't good for your health

his explanations are simple it's everybody elses fault- players fans weatherman opposition when the fact is this guy is out of his depth and he tries to hide it with sound bites to the media.

Yogi your time is up and you know it

500miles
06-05-2010, 08:43 PM

3 goal lead...ruined.

4 goal lead...ruined.

No use. YOGI GTF.

ENDOF

Rankin is no good......Nish is no good.......Hogg is no good.......we have no right back............Miller isn't as good as he's made out to be.........Riordan is lazy and can't play left mid.............Stokes is lazy............Bamba is a "bombscare".......

Here are guys that are consistantly first XI . And yet, they have managed to get to within touching distance of Europe, despite John Hughes? Ian Murray, David Wotherspoon and Kevin McBride must be some players!

oldbiker
06-05-2010, 09:45 PM

"The players are gutted"

"I can work with Hoggy."

:top marks

Totally agree with you comments

Aldo
06-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Ok so a team should defend from the front however as I posted on an earlier thread they can only defend if they can get the ball and its not hoofed up the park. Where does he want his attackers to play...on the ****in 18 yard box.

The front 3 or so did their bit and pull the ball in the back of the net!

For Hughes to turn around and say his strikers were not working is TOTAL AND UTTER PISH.

Right lets keep it tight.....double up on O'Brien cos he has been running riot and once we get the ball lets try and keep it...just like the first 50 or so minutes. Try and bring on a couple of subs after they score their 3rd and fresh legs should be able to cope or change formation/tactics and force them onto the back foot....NO Lets play narrow allow them to get to the flanks and get the ball in.

Sorry but is the managers job to dictate tactics and how the team plays but once again he is totally and utter clueless. We could all see this happening but he couldnt.

Hughes are you Mixu in disguise.

If I were Nish, Stokes and Riordan I would be havin a word. I do realise that no player is bigger than any club but neither is a manager.

And for me if Hughes doesnt bring in at least 4 or 5 players which include a RB and 2 CH's then we are odds on to finish bottom six.

In a word we cannot defend????

rainman
07-05-2010, 02:38 AM
If the decor to this messageboard was maroon, this thread wouldn't be out of place on kickback.
******* disgrace the personal abuse our manager is taking on this thread from so called Hibs fans.

Twat
moron
imbecile
plonker
**** balloon
as glaikit as he ******** looks
Just clear your desk, you **** idiot

KWJ
07-05-2010, 03:55 AM
If the decor to this messageboard was maroon, this thread wouldn't be out of place on kickback.
******* disgrace the personal abuse our manager is taking on this thread from so called Hibs fans.

Twat
moron
imbecile
plonker
**** balloon
as glaikit as he ******** looks
Just clear your desk, you **** idiot

Totally agree. It was the same with Mixu when even I wanted him out. I would not reduce myself to slagging him off as a person as I still had great admiration for him as a Hibs player and representative.

marinello59
07-05-2010, 03:56 AM

:agree: The personal abuse is depressing. Hibs class?

IWasThere2016
07-05-2010, 05:52 AM
:agree: The personal abuse is depressing. Hibs class?

Depressing like our form? Like his 'explanations'? Or tactics? They're not Hibs class either IMHO

marinello59
07-05-2010, 06:00 AM
Depressing like our form? Like his 'explanations'? Or tactics? They're not Hibs class either IMHO

Maybe it's just me being an old git. I find the more vitriolic personal stuff thrown at our manager sits rather uncomfortably with me.

oldbiker
07-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Maybe it's just me being an old git. I find the more vitriolic personal stuff thrown at our manager sits rather uncomfortably with me.

Me too but I can understand how people feel and the frustration. The abuse I get from my jumbo mates feels really personal as well and Yogi laughing at the end of the game did not help a bit.

I still cannot work out the changes he made, we were scoring goals for fun and then we change it to defend the lead. It had the potential for a cricket score if we had kept the impetus up.

However bring on United

rainman
07-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Me too but I can understand how people feel and the frustration. The abuse I get from my jumbo mates feels really personal as well and Yogi laughing at the end of the game did not help a bit.

I still cannot work out the changes he made, we were scoring goals for fun and then we change it to defend the lead. It had the potential for a cricket score if we had kept the impetus up.

However bring on United

Nobody is happy just now and even telling him to GTF is understandable.

But i'm trying to think under what circumstances would lead to me calling somebody a ******. It certainly wouldn't be after a run of bad results for my football team.

Disco Dave
07-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Seriously, **** off, the lot of ye's, you's will be the first ones on here jumping up and down when we are doing amazing next season! This is my last post, IN YOGI WE TRUST :thumbsup:

the happy hibee
07-05-2010, 09:25 PM
his after match interview last night was another same old same old , "if I had 11 Liam Millers" - I thought he went missing last night so why would we want 11 of him ?

i wish we had 11 liam millers too as he wouldnt have to do it all himself all the time !