PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon

EasterRoad4Ever
05-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I was shouting at the TV, just be strong, don;t do what you did against the Yams, stay strong.... and the Well player just bullied him out of the way and hammered it home.

If Carlsberg made soft centres .... Hanlon and Hogg - probably the softest centre backs in the world. Hogg should be fired for being captain of a team that threw away a 4 goal lead with 30 mins to go.

In fact, I think we should just go into voluntery administration, SACK all the players and manager and START AGAIN.

Biggie
05-05-2010, 08:53 PM
I was shouting at the TV, just be strong, don;t do what you did against the Yams, stay strong.... and the Well player just bullied him out of the way and hammered it home.

If Carlsberg made soft centres .... Hanlon and Hogg - probably the softest centre backs in the world. Hogg should be fired for being captain of a team that threw away a 4 goal lead with 30 mins to go.

In fact, I think we should just go into voluntery administration, SACK all the players and manager and START AGAIN.

Gutted as I am mate, that's EXACTLY the strength we are looking for from our centre forward...bullied the centre back, made the ball his and then smacked it home...what a finish...respect.

col02
05-05-2010, 08:53 PM

I was saying the same thing to the telly. Hopefully Hanlon can learn from it in close season and kick on a bit.

shamo9
05-05-2010, 08:55 PM

Bit harsh on Stokes, Riordan and Nish. They did their jobs today.

matty_f
05-05-2010, 08:57 PM

Said it on another thread, nae leadership whatsoever in that team. Just sat back and watched as Motherwell got in each other's faces and spurred themselves on for the equaliser.

It was coming as soon as Motherwell got back to 6-3.

PeterboroHibee
05-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Hes a young CB, as gutted as I am hes going to make mistakes like that. But he needs someone directing him, which clearly isnt happening.

skyehibee
05-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Nishy, deeks and stokes do all the business up front and what reward do they get tonight? That shocking defensive and goalkeeping display.

Capt Mainwaring
05-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Spineless b*****ds

The forwards did their jobs but at 1 - 4 and 2 - 6 the game would have been boxed out if we had leaders on the pitch with any degree of heart and professionalism. None seen - 6 - 6 and Motherwell probaly p*SSED off that they did win. It was only the clock that beat them.

YOGI - it's no difficult to see son. GET YERSEL A GOALIE AND A WHOLE NEW BACK 4. A couple of leaders in midfield wouldn't go a miss either!!

Cool_Hand_Luke
05-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I was shouting at him to bring him down/pull him back outside the box and take the sending off...

As mentioned, he's young and will learn. He's one of the best prospects thats come through and he will improve :agree:

Dr_Regal
05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Thought he was shocking.

darwenhibby
05-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I honestly thought at first he had took him wide enough to narrow the angle.

My first thought was what a Effin goal!!
Second thought we Effed it up again.

Europe Here We Come:flag:

Amit
05-05-2010, 09:46 PM
I want to know what Captiain Hogg was doing.. didnt even offer support to Hanlon he just positioned himself in the 6 yard box when no well players were there... that boy should never have been allowed to shoot.. great goal... but he shouldnt have been given the opportunity... what an embarassment we are... one team will get relegated from this league.... but we are the joke of the SPL... everyone have a laugh on us...

Judas Iscariot
05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
It's no suprise that Hanlon and Thicot haven't performed as well as they had done since captain wonderfull returned..

Hanlon was outstanding at CH along with Thicot but after Hogg has been back in the side the defence has looked woeful..

He's pisher than pish..

brydekirk
05-05-2010, 09:51 PM
I was shouting at him to bring him down/pull him back outside the box and take the sending off...

As mentioned, he's young and will learn. He's one of the best prospects thats come through and he will improve :agree:
the captian didnt help much

madabouthibs
05-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Theres not many players in the world that could have pulled off that finish from there, I don't think Hanlon did much wrong, took the boy wide, didn't bring him down, kept the hands down etc etc.....
Fantastic finish. :agree:
Most of thos shots would be out the other side for a throw! :confused:

sam armstrong
05-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Bit harsh on Stokes, Riordan and Nish. They did their jobs today.

Not in the last half hour they didn't. Made very little effort to stop the ball coming back on top of our defence. Some of the players ran out of steam completely towards the end. The midfield just disappeared as if they wern't there. Murray was completely knackered, the forwards had nothing left and the goalie, well what can you say.

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Said it on another thread, nae leadership whatsoever in that team. Just sat back and watched as Motherwell got in each other's faces and spurred themselves on for the equaliser.

It was coming as soon as Motherwell got back to 6-3.

The predictability of Hibs is mind-boggling:grr:

Sammy7nil
05-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Theres not many players in the world that could have pulled off that finish from there, I don't think Hanlon did much wrong, took the boy wide, didn't bring him down, kept the hands down etc etc.....
Fantastic finish. :agree:
Most of thos shots would be out the other side for a throw! :confused:

CORRECT :agree:

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Spineless b*****ds

The forwards did their jobs but at 1 - 4 and 2 - 6 the game would have been boxed out if we had leaders on the pitch with any degree of heart and professionalism. None seen - 6 - 6 and Motherwell probaly p*SSED off that they did win. It was only the clock that beat them.

YOGI - it's no difficult to see son. GET YERSEL A GOALIE AND A WHOLE NEW BACK 4. A couple of leaders in midfield wouldn't go a miss either!!

I hope yogi is not in a position to do anything more for Hibs after tonight capitulation.:grr:

Baader
05-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Hes a young CB, as gutted as I am hes going to make mistakes like that. But he needs someone directing him, which clearly isnt happening.

:agree: Totally agree. He's a good young player, far from the finished article and still with a lot to learn. He should be getting directed through games like Franck used to do to his defensive partners. Wonder also what sort of coaching he is getting away from matchdays. Clearly not the right kind!

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Shoking from hogg,didnt win a header vs sutton all night witch was a big part of out downfall.

We might not have lost that gaame if we had jones instead of him.

BEEJ
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Hanlon is a terrific prospect and one of the few reasons at the moment why there might be things to look forward to next season.

He should not be held individually responsible for the concession of what appears to have been a wonder goal.