PDA

View Full Version : Colin Nish (Merged threads)

.Sean.
05-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Telling it how it is.

hibee_girl
He looks heartbroken getting interviewed now

'the defending was awful' 'only we could do that' 'we should have wrapped up Europe about 16 times this season'

He speaks the truth :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
He looks absolutely DEVASTED in the post match interview.

Showing his Hibs colours there. And every word he said there was true

H18sry
05-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Telling it how it is.

did he not do that on Saturday aswell :rolleyes:

hibee_girl
Just posted more or less the same :agree:

He was practically in tears

bighairyfaeleith
Yep, we're the only team in the country that could do that, he's right

Daz1875
05-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Nish has just summed it up only us !!!!!

essexhibee
05-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Totally agree with the OP. Nish was good tonight, looked devestated in the post match. The defence has to stand up and take ALL the blame.

Dont get be started on the management.

HibbyAndy
05-05-2010, 08:52 PM
He looks absolutely DEVASTED in the post match interview.

Showing his Hibs colours there. And every word he said there was true

Was outstanding tonight:agree:

There is not another team in the world that would be 6-2 up and throw it away.

I kid you not..even at 6-2 i said we need another goal,..we ***** crumbled big time..the 1st half we looked like scoring everytime we went.up the park

Only Hibs..im absolute ***** ragin.

heidtheba
05-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Worked like a pro and responded to all the off-field stuff in the best possible way.

I'd often thought that our problem was we went for 5-4 victories rather than 1-0 ones and that the onus was on our attacking players to score rather than the defenders to defend but tonight changed all that.

I'm sitting here dreading the abuse at work tomorrow, this really hurts and I wasn't even at the bliidy match.

How many others were sitting there at 6-2 knowing it wasn't over n done with?

...WentToMowAnSPL
05-05-2010, 08:53 PM
That hurts like hell :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Nishy - scores his first (?) hattrick and that happens.

Gerrintaethem
05-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Well in big fella :top marks

hibeesliam94
05-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Worked like a pro and responded to all the off-field stuff in the best possible way.

I'd often thought that our problem was we went for 5-4 victories rather than 1-0 ones and that the onus was on our attacking players to score rather than the defenders to defend but tonight changed all that.

I'm sitting here dreading the abuse at work tomorrow, this really hurts and I wasn't even at the bliidy match.

Me.
Just had one of those feelings:grr:

...WentToMowAnSPL
05-05-2010, 09:07 PM

Me :grr:

KeithTheHibby
05-05-2010, 09:08 PM
He looks heartbroken getting interviewed now

'the defending was awful' 'only we could do that' 'we should have wrapped up Europe about 16 times this season'

He speaks the truth :agree:

The big fella was spot on, surprised he managed to maintain some decorum doing that interview.

Well done on the hat-trick however it will be overshadowed by the result and worse defending by a Hibs team since the Jim Duffy days.

hfcok
05-05-2010, 09:10 PM
shows you nish is hibs through and through,with the way he felt tonight,he didnt care about his hat trick

CraigHibee
05-05-2010, 09:16 PM
feel sorry for nish, great performance by him only to be let down by the rest of the team :grr:

matty_f
05-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Me.

Me too. Could see it coming a mile off. There is zero character in that side.

Billychaotic182
05-05-2010, 09:21 PM
feel sorry for nish, great performance by him only to be let down by the rest of the team :grr:

think thats a bit unfair

Riordan
Stokes
Rankin
Miller
and Spoony were all class the night

Barney McGrew
05-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Gutted for the big man tonight.

He worked his arse off for 90 minutes and got let down by the charlatans at the back who masquerade as defenders, and the clueless plum in the dug out who has the tactical nous of a house brick.

Well played NIshy, you didn't deserve that.

Biggie
05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
not the greatest player, but felt for him tonight...told it the way it was...

Alfred E Newman
05-05-2010, 09:56 PM
not the greatest player, but felt for him tonight...told it the way it was...

He spoke as a Hibs supporter. " With a defence like that". How true Colin.:agree:

PISTOL1875
05-05-2010, 09:59 PM
think thats a bit unfair

Riordan
Stokes
Rankin
Miller
and Spoony were all class the night

I am sorry but you must've been watching a different game...

Hibbie_Cameron
05-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Never seen the interview but Nish was our best player tonight and im glad he got a hat-trick.

He was actually our best defender too

Billychaotic182
05-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I am sorry but you must've been watching a different game...

were you? Spoony was class down the right wing. He made the 1st goal

Millers passing was class also. It was our back 4 that let us down.... and the keeper

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Just back

did feel for nish big time

He worked hard for 90 mins but only so much he could do.

Also his back looked very sore after carrying the team.

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 10:07 PM

Me too.
I was just speaking to my boy about it. He was jumping about but I just knew we would throw it away. My only surprise is that they didn't pinch the win.

Bad Martini

He worked his arse off for 90 minutes and got let down by the charlatans at the back who masquerade as defenders, and the clueless plum in the dug out who has the tactical nous of a house brick.

Spot ****ing on.

:agree:

Big Nish, the boy lots of folk on here accuse of being, lazy/useless/workshy/etc scores THREE Goals and tells the interviewer what our ****ing wonderful/untouchable/dont dare slag off "manager" SHOULD have said................................

Thats the truth. YES, he's been to blame with chances missed etc but ye know what....he's no the only one. And the one who can change things, who carries the can who's JOB it is to sort this oot has done precious little all season to ENSURE that we've sewn up Europe...........which is why we've no done it.

BWhiteman1972
I am far from Nish's biggest fan, however thought he played very well tonight.

I'll criticize a player when I think it's due and at the same time will give credit where it's due.

And... I said to my wife I wouldn't be comfortable until we had a 5 goal lead - she laughed!!!

BEEJ
05-05-2010, 10:08 PM
The only true thing his manager said in the post-match interview was that defending starts from the front.

Well done to Nish for his hat-trick; but if the forwards did indeed give up chasing the ball down at 6-2 thinking that they'd done their bit, then they share some responsibility for the outcome.

houston1875
05-05-2010, 10:08 PM
a never doubted the big yin!

nice hatrick :top marks

he was right moaning bout craigans two fouls,one shoulda been a peno!

his shot which hit post fae outside post was unlucky!!

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2010, 10:09 PM
nish will probably get fined for being critical of the team:agree:

gorgie_harp
05-05-2010, 10:16 PM
nish will probably get fined for being critical of the team:agree:

I'm sure he will say sorry.:wink:

JohnScott
05-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Youve just scored a hat-trick and struck the post. You're then asked to do an interview on tv after which you have to hand the player who scored a late equaliser for the opposing team a bottle of champagne.

Now be honest, how many of us would have been tempted to smash the bottle over the head of the tv guy. :grr:

All credit to you big man. You played a blinder tonight and no matter how gutted we fans feel you didn't deserve that.

Westie1875
05-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Really felt for Nish tonight, you can see how much it means to him. Gutted the same as the rest of us, he deserved better than he got from tonight.

Dunbar Hibee
05-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I missed this interview as I had to go for a walk and calm down. From what I hear the big man was clearly upset though, and told it how it is. Good on him.

1two
05-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Colin Nish for Captian!!!

That is all

MountcastleHibs
05-05-2010, 10:42 PM
I echo the sentiments... Nish looked devasted, and you could see the passion he has. And he's spot on, we are the only team possible of doing that.

Emerald
05-05-2010, 10:43 PM
I thought Nish was great tonight and although he has had some bad days this season, he at least gives us a different option and is a hadfull for defenders.
His interview tonight could have been any of us standing there, he tried his heart out, scored a hat trick and is feeling the pain with his fellow Hibees, respect. :thumbsup:

matty_f
05-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Me too.
I was just speaking to my boy about it. He was jumping about but I just knew we would throw it away. My only surprise is that they didn't pinch the win.

:agree: Same here.

Purehibee_MYB
05-05-2010, 10:50 PM
If Nish can start playing like that more often, then he definitely has a place at Hibs, he is one of the few to actually play for the shirt, some players just don't seem to care.. Really really felt sorry for nish tonight scoring a hat trick for HIS team, only to see it be thrown away...

Smith has got to go..or at least be moved down the pecking order, we haven't even seen Brown in net yet, and from what i remember he was very good...

seanraff07
05-05-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm a big fan of Nishy, he's not brilliant but he's one of the few players that makes an effort every week, he got a deserved hat-rick tonight and unlike Yogi he speaks the truth.

New Corrie
05-05-2010, 10:57 PM

Agree entirely, Nish was hurting bad, at the same time the manager was joking away finding something amusing:confused:

Penrith Hibee
05-05-2010, 10:58 PM

Me.

Me! said it to the guys behind us at the match "only Hibs supporters would not be confident of winning at 6-2 up!" How effing prophetic. Happy with a draw at the end....

Big Frank
05-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Well done tonight Nish:agree:

(But thats only 6 in 24 matches according to Sky.)

lyonhibs
05-05-2010, 11:03 PM

Big time.

lyonhibs
05-05-2010, 11:06 PM
I have been, and will probably continue to be in the future, a critic of Nish, but he is absolutely exempt from the blame tonight.

Works like a trojan, scores 3 goals (the real missing element to his game) and then the mutant halfwits at the back, on the touchline and between the sticks implode and leave his first SPL hat-trick for Hibs (I think) overshadowed by our most shamefull collpase from a leading position since I don't know when.

Feel sorry for him right now.

:grr: :grr: :grr:

McHibby
05-05-2010, 11:14 PM
:agree:

Big Nish, the boy lots of folk on here accuse of being, lazy/useless/workshy/etc scores THREE Goals and tells the interviewer what our ****ing wonderful/untouchable/dont dare slag off "manager" SHOULD have said................................

Thats the truth. YES, he's been to blame with chances missed etc but ye know what....he's no the only one. And the one who can change things, who carries the can who's JOB it is to sort this oot has done precious little all season to ENSURE that we've sewn up Europe...........which is why we've no done it.

:agree: I couldn't agree more. Everything you've said is spot on

SunshineOnLeith
06-05-2010, 02:48 AM
Colin Nish was brilliant tonight.

How often do we say it doesn't matter if Riordan or Stokes do nothing for 89 minutes, as long as they score a goal, tonight Nish scored three, as well as completely outplaying and bullying Steven Craigan.

The people who criticise him saying he can't win balls in the air etc need to have a word, he's run Jason Thompson ragged in the two games against Celtic recently, and won more than his fair share against The Hun and Hearts, I'd rather have him leading the line than the likes of Kevin Kyle any day of the week.

He deserved better tonight.

Tollhouse Hibee
06-05-2010, 07:28 AM
there are 2 people on this board that get slagged more than any other, not Hibs class etc etc.

John Rankin and Colin Nish.

For the last 3 games both have worn their heart on their sleeve and worked their socks off and had very very good games.

Maybe if some others matched this passion and commitment with their obvious higher ability levels, Hibernian may actually achieve something.

I doubt it tho.

Well done big Nishy - you deserve it!!

PS the tv man was a total prick last night and i would have shoved that bottle right up his ar*e!

Expecting Rain
06-05-2010, 08:11 AM
I`ve never been a fan of Nish and even less so after his recent comments but he responded in the best possible fashion by scoring a hat-trick, well done the big man.

khib70
06-05-2010, 08:15 AM
I`ve never been a fan of Nish and even less so after his recent comments but he responded in the best possible fashion by scoring a hat-trick, well done the big man.
Have to agree. He's answered his critics big time. As for the other "big man", he can have "a right good go" at ****ing off.:bye:

Phil MaGlass
06-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Well done Nish, thats the type of spirit weve been screaming for all season. Feel sorry for the guy, Ive slated him a few times, but last nite he couldnt be faulted, lets hope that type of passion hits a few of our other players and also lets hope thats the spur for Nish to score/play regularly.What a great way to hit back at the crap hes taken over the last few days/weeks fuuuuuuuuuuuu-.
Hughes GTF.

HibbyAndy
06-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Colin Nish was outstanding last night , he really was, And the hurt was written all over his face at fulltime.

Barney McGrew
06-05-2010, 08:22 AM
there are 2 people on this board that get slagged more than any other, not Hibs class etc etc.

For the last 3 games both have worn their heart on their sleeve and worked their socks off and had very very good games.

Maybe if some others matched this passion and commitment with their obvious higher ability levels, Hibernian may actually achieve something

Spot on.

They might not be the two most naturally talented players in the squad, but when the chips have been down and we've needed a result they've put in a shift.

There's quite a few of the primadonnas that they play with that can't say the same.

Ell_Chrisso
06-05-2010, 08:31 AM

Maybe if some others matched this passion and commitment with their obvious higher ability levels, Hibernian may actually achieve something.

I doubt it tho.

Well done big Nishy - you deserve it!!

PS the tv man was a total prick last night and i would have shoved that bottle right up his ar*e!

Could not agree more! absolutely spot on.

In fact, id go as far as saying, Rankin is a rock as far as picking the team is concerened. He has shown nothing but commitment & desire to win over the past month. Tackles, has tireless energy, and his passing is starting to sharpen up a bit. Good on you mate. Iv always backed him to be a decent player for us.

In a weird way, Nish made me feel better about things last night with his interview. It was good too see that there is actually some passion in that ******in team! Gutted for the big man. Took his goals really well.

RoslinInstHibby
06-05-2010, 08:38 AM
he should walk into east mains this morning and put one on yogi's chin, strikers fault last night yogi????? whatever.

MB62
06-05-2010, 09:38 AM
How many goals has the big man scored for us this season?

SlickShoes
06-05-2010, 09:51 AM
How many goals has the big man scored for us this season?

Our strikers (collectively) have scored more than enough goals to put us in a great position. 40 odd goals between the 3 of them.

The problems lies elsewhere.

MB62
06-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Our strikers (collectively) have scored more than enough goals to put us in a great position. 40 odd goals between the 3 of them.

The problems lies elsewhere.

Not questioning that at all, just simply asking how many goals Nish has scored this season.
For a man that has been slated from most quarters, I reckon the amount of goals he has scored, almost every other team in the league would bite yer hand off for their striker to score that many. (I believe it will now be double figures)

hibee_girl
06-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Not questioning that at all, just simply asking how many goals Nish has scored this season.
For a man that has been slated from most quarters, I reckon the amount of goals he has scored, almost every other team in the league would bite yer hand off for their striker to score that many. (I believe it will now be double figures)

9 according to the official site.

hibee_girl
06-05-2010, 07:19 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100506/nish-we-can-put-it-right_2262950_2044966

SneakersO'Toole
06-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Don't suppose there is any link to his interview last night is there?

From what I've read he has said everything our manager should have in his post match comments.