PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody really that surprised??

lyonhibs
05-05-2010, 08:46 PM
This may sound bizarre, but as we sit here in the wake of the most ridiculous capitulation I have ever heard of, maybe in world football. certainly in the SPL to my knowledge, let's just reflect on our emotions.

Gutted, raging, embarassed, humiliated etc etc.

But with the total - and I mean total - lack of dig, commitment and tactical nous exhibited by Hughes and the players, did anyone ever really feel safe, even at 6-2 or 6-3.

I know I didn't - as soon as the third went in and every ball they played forward looked like ripping us open, I thought we'd be lucky to get 3 points, because that would have needed the players to show a bit - just a wee bit, cos let's face it, we were F O U R goals up at one point, - of heart, passion and determination. They are incapable of doing so, that much is clear.

Hughes is incapable of instilling it in them, and the contents of his next media interview may literally determine whether my television lives to see the month of June.

Can anyone really say, upon reflection, that given the past 3 months, and the inherent problems which now mean we've won twice in 16 games of professional football, that they are surprised we didn't have the balls for the fight??

Hughes - and I'd say this to his face, so none of this "keyboard hardman" nonsense - you and your bumbling band of incompetents have left me - temporarily at least - ashamed to be a Hibs fan.

You should pack your bags and just **** off - never darken the ER manager's office with your "the boys tried hard, but they're scared of winning, Aye, I'm frae Leith" rubbish ever again.

oldbiker
05-05-2010, 08:47 PM
not surprised at the points but gutted at the way we threw a four goal lead

ahibby
05-05-2010, 08:49 PM
you are right many people were saying at 4-2 up we needed another 3 or 4 to make sure. I predict Motherwell get hammered in Europe, route 1 won't win the game for them there. Besides we had to play at the farm field 3 times this season against our closest rivals for Europe, that can't be right. We arent pish just too inexperienced at the back.

hibsbollah
05-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Of course im surprised:confused::confused:
4-1 up, then 6-2 up, then we lose 4 in 22 minutes to throw away our chance for European qualification?

Roy of the Rovers scriptwriters would reject it.

7-Zip_Mike
05-05-2010, 08:52 PM
No, pub team ran by pub team manager. Don't even get me started on the imposter in goals.

lyonhibs
05-05-2010, 09:17 PM
you are right many people were saying at 4-2 up we needed another 3 or 4 to make sure. I predict Motherwell get hammered in Europe, route 1 won't win the game for them there. Besides we had to play at the farm field 3 times this season against our closest rivals for Europe, that can't be right. We arent pish just too inexperienced at the back.

Too inexperienced??? Hogg and Murray have been round the SPL block for a while, Murray for ages.

Motherwell had Craigan and who else at the back, and granted they were woeful, but for the last 30 minutes they provided the platform for the midfield to launch an onslaught on us.

What was lacking from that performance tonight, as with so many over the past 3 months, was desire, work-rate and commitment - for 90 minutes, not just for 60.

Those qualities should be existing in players who are fortunate enough to represent our club, regardless of how long they've been around.

Absolutely no excuses - we are pish, and have been for months. Our form isn't just down to some random misalignement of the stars.

PeterboroHibee
05-05-2010, 09:19 PM
I was nervous at 6-2, which would usually be a ridiculous thing to say, but not with the defence we have.

That last 10 minutes was horrible, and we are quite lucky not to have lost it.

fife hfc
05-05-2010, 09:23 PM
At 6-3 i took the dog for a walk as i just knew we would **** up. Got back into the street and heard my son screaming at the telly and knew Hibs had blown it as i had expected. ****ing gutted and just knew we would stuff up.

McD
05-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Said to my old man as soon as their 3rd went in, we would need at least 1 more :bitchy:

****ing players are a joke!

****ing Hughes, as soon as Riordan went off we totally lost all shape and surrendered any competition in midfield for second balls - not that Deek was doing loads of that, just seemed to happen when he was subbed!

Following that, Nish wasn't even jumping to compete for high balls FFS (altho granted he'd got his hattrick and could argue he'd done his bit, but a game goes on for 90 minutes, not 60), we were crying out for Benji on for Nish to hold the ball up, possibly also another midfielder for Stokes to help battle, they were always gonna throw caution to the wind when it went to 6-2, and Hughes did nothing but help them!

Surprised?.....No, sadly not.

Hughes, go now, and take plenty of this squad of allegedly professional players with you.

PeterboroHibee
05-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Said to my old man as soon as their 3rd went in, we would need at least 1 more :bitchy:

****ing Hughes, as soon as Riordan went off we totally lost all shape and surrendered any competition in midfield for second balls - not that Deek was doing loads of that, just seemed to happen when he was subbed!

Following that, Nish wasn't even jumping to compete for high balls FFS (altho granted he'd got his hattrick and could argue he'd done his bit, but a game goes on for 90 minutes, not 60), we were crying out for Benji on for Nish to hold the ball up, possibly also another midfielder for Stokes to help battle, they were always gonna throw caution to the wind when it went to 6-2, and Hughes did nothing but help them!

Hughes, go now, and take plenty of this squad of allegedly professional players with you.

Dont think you can criticise him, the balls were getting hoofed up to them, often nowhere near where the strikers were. Nish was still chasing the ball to the last minute, bit harsh to say he gave up.

The Voice Of Reason
05-05-2010, 09:32 PM
I am NOT surprised....raging and angry, but not surprised.

My mate phoned me when it was 6-2 and I told him I expected us to capitulate....which we duly did.

Overpaid, unfit, characterless, gutless, spineless goons. Disgrace, laughing stock. :grr:

Nakedmanoncrack
05-05-2010, 09:33 PM
I was nervous at 6-2, which would usually be a ridiculous thing to say, but not with the defence we have.

That last 10 minutes was horrible, and we are quite lucky not to have lost it.

:agree:
We were never comfortable, there was only one other Hibby in the pub where I watched it, at 6-2 he said he could still see Hibs not winning, the Jambos looked at him like he was mad and told him to F- Off. But it didn't surprise me at all either, only shock to me was that we managed to get a point, when it went to 6-5 I fully expected to lose.

lyonhibs
05-05-2010, 09:34 PM
At 6-3 i took the dog for a walk as i just knew we would **** up. Got back into the street and heard my son screaming at the telly and knew Hibs had blown it as i had expected. ****ing gutted and just knew we would stuff up.

:agree: :agree:

As soon as the 4th went in, I went through and watched some gash on the telly - I don't have Sky. I knew what was coming, and I hate having been proven right.

Just like I texted my Hun mate at HT in the Rangers game with them 1-0 up saying that the game was over, because I knew we wouldn't have the fight or tactical nous from the sidelines to get back into the game.

Just like I knew that - as soon as Hearts equalised - we would lose that game as well, for the exact same reasons as mentioned above.

However, "the boys were magnificent" so I probably shouldn't grumble.

Hibby70
05-05-2010, 09:38 PM
I thought when they got their third that even if they didnt get another 3 they would at least got to 5 with a few minutes to go with us in panic mode.

If the ref had added on another couple of minutes we would have lost.

I've seen some terrible goalkeeping in my time but that really was something to behold and I'm glad Mr Hughes found it all so funny - I'm sure when the season renewal period is over he might find that his bosses dont quite see the funny side.

Once again no bottle, no fitness and no desire.

brydekirk
05-05-2010, 09:38 PM

what was hughes ment to do. we dont have a left midfielder and o brian was rippin us up

McD
05-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Dont think you can criticise him, the balls were getting hoofed up to them, often nowhere near where the strikers were. Nish was still chasing the ball to the last minute, bit harsh to say he gave up.

Yeah fair do's mate, can't complain that much about a hattrick, he'd done his job.

Wasn't so much a criticism of Nish as of Hughes for not recognising he was tired and competing against well's cloggers

I dont think he had given up, was just knackered, which given the state of the ploughed field of a pitch, is not surprising.

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 09:40 PM
This may sound bizarre, but as we sit here in the wake of the most ridiculous capitulation I have ever heard of, maybe in world football. certainly in the SPL to my knowledge, let's just reflect on our emotions.

But with the total - and I mean total - lack of dig, commitment and tactical nous exhibited by Hughes and the players, did anyone ever really feel safe, even at 6-2 or 6-3.

I know I didn't - as soon as the third went in and every ball they played forward looked like ripping us open, I thought we'd be lucky to get 3 points, because that would have needed the players to show a bit - just a wee bit, cos let's face it, we were F O U R goals up at one point, - of heart, passion and determination. They are incapable of doing so, that much is clear.

Hughes is incapable of instilling it in them, and the contents of his next media interview may literally determine whether my television lives to see the month of June.

Can anyone really say, upon reflection, that given the past 3 months, and the inherent problems which now mean we haven't won in 16 games of professional football, that they are surprised we didn't have the balls for the fight??

Hughes - and I'd say this to his face, so none of this "keyboard hardman" nonsense - you and your bumbling band of incompetents have left me - temporarily at least - ashamed to be a Hibs fan.

You should pack your bags and just **** off - never darken the ER manager's office with your "the boys tried hard, but they're scared of winning, Aye, I'm frae Leith" rubbish ever again.

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 09:43 PM
I am NOT surprised....raging and angry, but not surprised.

My mate phoned me when it was 6-2 and I told him I expected us to capitulate....which we duly did.

Overpaid, unfit, characterless, gutless, spineless goons. Disgrace, laughing stock. :grr:

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I thought when they got their third that even if they didnt get another 3 they would at least got to 5 with a few minutes to go with us in panic mode.

If the ref had added on another couple of minutes we would have lost.

I've seen some terrible goalkeeping in my time but that really was something to behold and I'm glad Mr Hughes found it all so funny - I'm sure when the season renewal period is over he might find that his bosses dont quite see the funny side.

Once again no bottle, no fitness and no desire.

McD
05-05-2010, 09:48 PM
what was hughes ment to do. we dont have a left midfielder and o brian was rippin us up

Could have brought on Cregg for a forward also to help shore up midfield.
Could have told Rankin to stay wide and pick-up Obrien after the riordan sub instead of drifting inside.
Could have encouraged Miller and McBride to challenge for second balls dropping ffrom headers/clearances, Well seemed to get every one.
Could have encouraged the midfield and forwards to close down higher up the pitch and shut off the supply of constant balls getting pumped at Jutkwietz and Sutton.
Could have queried with the 4th official why Sutton's goal stood when he clearly forearmed Smith in the face as he climbed all over him to head in at the corner, (Not defending Smith, he was hellish!)
Could have encouraged the whole team to keep possessions rather than pump long balls in the vague direction of Nish.

Just my opinion, just feel that Hughes is far too passive when it comes to being proactive and making adjustments, certainly thought we needed more subs made before 89 minutes.

BEEJ
05-05-2010, 10:01 PM

Can anyone really say, upon reflection, that given the past 3 months, and the inherent problems which now mean we haven't won in 16 games of professional football, that they are surprised we didn't have the balls for the fight??
When I saw we were 4-2 up at half-time, I confidently predicted a draw. Even at 6-2 I wasn't at all confident of the three points.

Peter Houston, I think, said recently "Hibs can't defend." Blunt but true. And we're on his patch on Sunday looking for some sort of result. :rolleyes:

Two wins in 17 matches. Truly unbelievable.

hibee4life1983
05-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I wasnt surprised at all, shocked aye, but not surprised, last nite i was drunk and said on a thread here that i wished hogg had broke his wrist so he couldnt play tnite, quite rightly lots of netters gave me pelters and i know i shouldnt have wrote that, just heat of the momment stuff. Wonder if it wouldve been a gud idea now tho after the regret!
He was pi.ss poor tnite, AGAIN, Never a captain, Never a central defender, Never a footballer and should Never play for Hibs again.

The_Horde
05-05-2010, 10:31 PM

Can anyone really say, upon reflection, that given the past 3 months, and the inherent problems which now mean we've won twice in 16 games of professional football, that they are surprised we didn't have the balls for the fight??

I put a bet on with the bird at 6-2. I said i bet it ends up 7-6 Well, she said no way can they come back from that.

I wasnae too far off, in fact, if i was near a bookies.. i would have put 6-6 and 7-6 on at 6-2.

Hibbie_Cameron
05-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Was not surprised, text some people at 6-3 saying we would not win. Doesnie make it feel any better though

lyonhibs
05-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Was not surprised, text some people at 6-3 saying we would not win. Doesnie make it feel any better though

Makes me feel even worse, and just perfectly summarises the effect that the implosion ("slump" or "drop" don't do it justice) in our form, and the fact that Yogi cannot see what is causing it and cannot set about resolving it, has had on the collective pysche of the Hibs support.

Just run the absurdity of this statement through your head, if you dare.

We were leading 6-2 with 25 minutes to go, and several of us (I suspect many more) are not even surprised that we did not win the game!!!!!

:hide::shocked::dizzy:

Devine
05-05-2010, 10:41 PM
[/B]

Makes me feel even worse, and just perfectly summarises the effect that the implosion ("slump" or "drop" don't do it justice) in our form, and the fact that Yogi cannot see what is causing it and cannot set about resolving it, has hade on the collective pysche of the Hibs support.

Just run the absurdity of this through your head, if you dare.

We were leading 6-2 with 25 minutes to go, and several of us (I suspect many more) are not even surprised that we did not win the game!!!!!

:hide::shocked::dizzy:

Absolutely, a sad sad reflection on what is going on at ER just now! To EXPECT it and try and draw POSITIVES from it is absolutely absurd imo. WTF is the point in looking for positives we've f**cked every possible chance we gave ourselves this season!

sahib
05-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Cheer up! We are in for some cracking matches. For years to come no side will fancy they are out of it, no matter how big a lead we have in a game. This will make for some exciting games ahead.

TheMentalHibees
05-05-2010, 11:08 PM
The minute they scored the 3rd, absolutely everybody in the Hibs end knew what was coming. Looking around, the panic set in immediatley. Only Hibs could need an insurance goal at 6-2.

Sickened? Indeed. Surprised? Am I ****.

BEEJ
05-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Makes me feel even worse, and just perfectly summarises the effect that the implosion ("slump" or "drop" don't do it justice) in our form, and the fact that Yogi cannot see what is causing it and cannot set about resolving it, has had on the collective pysche of the Hibs support.
I believe our esteemed manager most recently referred to it as 'a sticky patch'. :bitchy:

Yogi also referred to this 'patch' having lasted eight weeks when its actually now eleven weeks and counting.

Personally, I think he's in denial.

PatHead
05-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Cheer up! We are in for some cracking matches. For years to come no side will fancy they are out of it, no matter how big a lead we have in a game. This will make for some exciting games ahead.

Dont even joke about it. Its not big or funny