PDA

View Full Version : Hughes GTF - Lots Of Merged Threads

Bob Box Fish
05-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Until Hughes is away I will never set foot at a hibs game again. Done.

Hibernian Verse
05-05-2010, 08:34 PM
:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Abismal.

Marabou Stork
05-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Don't then.

You won't be missed. :bye:

Hibernia Na Eir
05-05-2010, 08:36 PM
i think he'll get the sack anyway tomorrow:thumbsup:

archiebald
05-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Get him out now ! Riordan sub sums him up. TERRIBLE :confused: he is now laughing and joking at final whistle-what a joke he is.

Magnifique
05-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Unbelievable he has to get his jotters simple as that

I await the defence

Niffy
05-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Sack the *** lot of them , kick Smith's heid in , and get Yogi to cut the grass at the training complex , it's all hes good for.

HIBERNIAN-0762
Sack the clown now!

Never in my life have I seen such a pathetic 2nd half performance than that one, Hughes smiling like a cheshire cat at the end says it all for me.

NB

HAPPY CLAPPERS **** OFF!

Zazu62
Don't then.

Aye 6-2 up and we draw 6-6.

Yogi just **** off.

ackeygraham
Disgrace , up 6 2 and can't win. Leave please!

McIntosh
05-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Impossible to defend this, even with my limited knowledge of football something is seriously wrong.

Forza Fred
wonder what words of homespun wisdom we'll hear about this from the manager?

At 4-1 up, I was STILL not confident we'd win.

Nuff said.

CraigHibee
Unbelievable he has to get his jotters simple as that

I await the defence

defence?

the excuses! shocking, he should be emptied:agree:

archiebald
05-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Does not have a clue in all parts of the game.NO DEFENCE FOR HIM

erin-go-bragh87
Laughing and Joking at the end shows how much he cares. Go now. Prick.

WarringtonHibee
LEAVE NOW.

He really is thick.

Captain Trips
Lack of papers from the lot of em at 6-2, a disgrace.

Sprouleflyer
05-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Hughes!

Take that squad into next season and we will be relegated.

Bunch of bottlers!!!!

Jim44
That maroon Jambo laughing stock cube has to be recoloured green now. Hughes will be away by midday tomorrow surely.

Bob Box Fish
'The boys were magnificent'

maximushibee
hughes **** off 6-2 up to 6-6 how is that possible what the **** happened

Hibernian Verse
05-05-2010, 08:42 PM
For a centre back, how the **** can't he organise a side to defend a 6-2 lead?

I'm going to have an irregular heart beat by the time I'm 20 if this keeps happening.

Can someone give me a definitive answer on how we now qualify for Europe?

Richard Scott
Can't see Rod paying compo and sacking him, as much as it DESPERATLY needs to happen. That along with the fact of who will take his place?

erin-go-bragh87
Get him out now ! Riordan sub sums him up. TERRIBLE :confused: he is now laughing and joking at final whistle-what a joke he is.
:agree:

When Riordan went of we lost all of our shape. How can everyone see that but him???

Lee Marvin
I have never, never been more embarrassed to be a Hibs fan than right now. I dont think there is a chance that clueless erse will last 2 more days in the job. Total disgrace

dp00
Don't think we can blame yogi for that, the buck stops at the defence and goalie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gatecrasher
05-05-2010, 08:43 PM
At each manager time at a club there is usually a game where I think they should go

we were 4-1and 6-2 up and drew 6-6 I think tonight may be that game utterly gobsmacked at how ***** our defence is

Zazu62
05-05-2010, 08:43 PM
i am gutted.

Just go now.

:grr::grr:

Hibernian Verse
05-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Hughes should'nt even be thinking of compo, he should just **** off with nothing.

EasterRoad4Ever
If he is not sacked first thing tomorrow morning then the Board should resign. 6-2 up with 30 mins to play in a must win match, and Hughes Horrors contrive to give the game away.

Embarrassing doesn't come close. Just HOW MANY goals does this team NEED to be ahead for Hibs fans to think we might win the match - clearly 4 is NOT ENOUGH.

Oh, and if that goallie SMITH EVER pulls on a Hibs strip again, THAT ALONE shoul;d be a sacking offense.

archiebald
'The boys were magnificent'
Thats a joke eh !

ahibby
The defence isn't good. Smith not commanding and neither Hanlon nor Thicot have played many games in those positions this season. I'm not making excuses for them but a shaky defence is susceptable to wobbling when dealing with hoof ball. Route 1 wins again, sad really. We are a better footballing side but we don't have what it takes at the back to deal with it. Most of us said at the start of the season we needed a good right back and centre back, maybe our point has been proved.

Hibbie_Cameron
Not had one text from a person who wants him to stay now.

Can take half the team with him too

BSEJVT
I dare anyone to come on and defend Hughes for that result.

Talk about fiddling while Rome burned.

I have actively supported Hibs for over 40 years and I have never ever been as disgusted as I am just now.

The thing is you could see it coming a mile off.

They are so unfit its scary, they never kicked the ball after about 65 minutes.

Even in they dark days of several relegations I dont think I have ever abused the manager or the team.

Well here's a start.

Yogi **** right off now

Take every man jack of your backroom staff with you, there's not one of you could organise a piss up in a brewery.

There's not one person in that defence could get a game for the boys brigade.

You are a total ****wit Hughes and for the first time in my life I am embarrased to be a Hibs supporter.

Go and go now

madabouthibs
05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Whats the point of sacking him if he doesn't take the players with him???
I foresee record multiple compo figures here, but it'll be worth every penny! :confused:

Lee Marvin
***** OFF IMMEDIATELY.

So so embarrassed by that. Disgrace!!

Saorsa
Get him out now ! Riordan sub sums him up. TERRIBLE :confused: he is now laughing and joking at final whistle-what a joke he is.another terrible substitution from Hughes :agree:

Magnifique
compensation or no get him tae......

Im so livid

sesoim
Don't then.

If there's only 5000 turning up next season because of Hughes, I think the sane ones who stop going WILL be missed.

Hughes got us relegated as a captain, I think he'll be going for the double as manager next season. Petrie act now.

ahibby
replying to myself here but I can't see how they can lift themselves for the game against utd after this.

scoopyboy
05-05-2010, 08:46 PM

I'm going to have an irregular heart beat by the time I'm 20 if this keeps happening.

If Dundee Utd beat Ross County we are in Europe.

If we draw at Tannadice and Rangers beat Motherwell we finish fourth.

2belhaven
Worst management and worst goalkeeper in our history !

Don't step foot inside easter road again unless you are carrying a letter of resignation !

Beefster
I don't think Hughes will be sacked and he definitely won't resign.

H18sry
The manager puts the team on the park, he tells them how to play,he makes the changes, he has to take the credit where credits due and the blame when required, a manager lives and dies by results, tonight he died :grr:

sleeping giant
Until Hughes is away I will never set foot at a hibs game again. Done.

When was the last time you were at a match ?

scott_hfc1875
dont see how yogi can really be blamed for that he made the sub to let mcbride sit , your not exactly going to bring on a defender at 6-2, motherwell had all the belief after coming back and we were pretty much stunned at what happend

BoltonHibee
Not been a good week so far

1. Beaten by Hearts
2. Release the worst strip of all time
3. Surrender a 6-2 lead to the mighty Motherwell

:bitchy:

Gus Fring
He needs to go!

Phil D. Rolls
Sack the clown now!

Never in my life have I seen such a pathetic 2nd half performance than that one, Hughes smiling like a cheshire cat at the end says it all for me.

NB

HAPPY CLAPPERS **** OFF!

Is it not enough to vent your spleen at that half wit running the team, without having to turn on other fans?

Sir David Gray
05-05-2010, 08:47 PM
I have always said that he has to be given the summer and then a few months into next season to see what he can do.

Not now.

He has to be sacked at the end of the season and take the whole defence with him. :bye:

HFC 0-7
Why oh why when we are getting battered do we take off stokes and put Benji on?!?!?!

Surely take of stokes and put a more defensive player on?

Joke, I cant beliece after being 6 - 2 up we drew that, although it feels like a loss to be honest!

I am absolutely gutted, I think I may even feel worse than the derby defeat!

K.Marx
Truely embaressed. What an absolute shambles that was :bitchy:

TamHibs
Tried defending him to friends and family all season but now i'm sorry to say I agree he has to go.....

hibiedude
05-05-2010, 08:48 PM
For those who stick up for this guy please explain WHY

Zazu62
nish on ss3 now he can hardly speak.

Sir David Gray
If Dundee Utd beat Ross County we are in Europe.

If we draw at Tannadice and Rangers beat Motherwell we finish fourth.

There is no danger of us getting a draw at Tannadice.

Bob Box Fish
When was the last time you were at a match ?

Been at 5 this season. Also paid for my dads season ticket this year so ive paid for probably more home games than you mate.

Phil D. Rolls

I take it you never saw him play? :cool2:

He didn't have a brain then either, and his sh*t defending was one of the reasons we got relegated.

Scorrie
05-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Not been a good week so far

1. Beaten by Hearts
2. Release the worst strip of all time
3. Surrender a 6-2 lead to the mighty Motherwell

:bitchy:

You forgot to add that the manager found it amusing to have thrown away a four goal lead as well.

KiddA
:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Abismal.

In all my time as a Hibs fan I have never seen anything like this. Hughes has to leave now tonight if possible. F****** Gutted :bitchy:

BWhiteman1972
Yogi proves again he has no tactical ability whatsoever!!

Taking Riordan off cost us 3 points, totally lost our shape and our attacking edge.

He must go now!!!!

lEXO
Don't think we can blame yogi for that, the buck stops at the defence and goalie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aye you can.He picks the team.How many games have we lost after being ahead going into the last 10 minutes?And him laughing at full time, what is that all about.I blame them collectively, yogi included.Wonder what garbage he,s gonnae yap next.He,s an embarrassment to our club,and Jim Duffy mark two.He can gtf

Sas_The_Hibby
dont see how yogi can really be blamed for that he made the sub to let mcbride sit , your not exactly going to bring on a defender at 6-2, motherwell had all the belief after coming back and we were pretty much stunned at what happend

Oh well, that's okay then. Poor little lambs!!!

erskine-hibby
C'mon BPH defend him now.

Totally out of his depth.
There is no way he should be allowed to be in charge of this club next season.
Far,far worse than Mixu.

essexhibee
Been at 5 this season. Also paid for my dads season ticket this year so ive paid for probably more home games than you mate.

Well said.

YOGI GTF.

Phil D. Rolls
For those who stick up for this guy please explain WHY

I've yet to see anybody defend him tonight. I think his tea's oot.

easty
05-05-2010, 08:50 PM
The manager puts the team on the park, he tells them how to play,he makes the changes, he has to take the credit where credits due and the blame when required, a manager lives and dies by results, tonight he died :grr:

**** that....when we were 6-2 up nobody was giving Hughes any credit. If it's the players who were doing the good then it's as much them to blame for the bad. The defending and goalkeeping was comical. Hughes sets them out to do a job and obviously in the 2nd half of the season it's not been a good enough one. I'm not defending Hughes as a manager but it's not his fault the players failed to be professional tonight.

K.Marx
05-05-2010, 08:51 PM
You forgot to add that the manager found it amusing to have thrown away a four goal lead as well.

That just topped it off. He should absolutely ****ing fuming but he looked like he was about to go into the changing room and give his poor wee lambs a wee cuddle :rolleyes:

PeterboroHibee
Think you can, not only is he unable to organise a defence, the substitution was bizarre considering we had a good chance of scoring if Motherwell did by the fact it was so open.

Smith has to take a lot of the blame though.

archiebald
The sub gave them the go ahead to come forward so obvious

hibsmad
i think he'll get the sack anyway tomorrow:thumbsup:

Well its a disgrace if he does. He should be sacked TONIGHT!

AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

bingo70
I don't even know what to say.

I'm trying my best to defend Yogi, we can't keep changing managers every season and i can't believe the basics our defence and keeper can't do but what happened out there tonight is just no right.

There's got to be some accountabillity there, and the fact he was pissing himself laughing within seconds is an absolute disgrace, i'm so angry right now i can barely talk, laughing and joking about, after that pish is almost a sackable offence on its own

Gus Fring
He's not even got the decency to get his arse down the tunnel as quickly as possible! Complete and utter muppet!

Postman
I'm the same, will not be back under Hughes! Makes Mixu look like a tactical genius

givescotlandfreedom
05-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Please go Yogi!

col02
**** that....when we were 6-2 up nobody was giving Hughes any credit. If it's the players who were doing the good then it's as much them to blame for the bad. The defending and goalkeeping was comical. Hughes sets them out to do a job and obviously in the 2nd half of the season it's not been a good enough one. I'm not defending Hughes as a manager but it's not his fault the players failed to be professional tonight.

:agree: Bang on! Hibs in cruise control with the way the manager set them up it was the players that imploded and went into their wee shells.

Lee Marvin
That just topped it off. He should absolutely ****ing fuming but he looked like he was about to go into the changing room and give his poor wee lambs a wee cuddle :rolleyes:

You know what he'll say. 'Aye, we'll just hey tae take it oan the chin.'

ahibby
05-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Our defence cost us the game from the goalie out. Hibs should have brought in experienced defenders earlier. No excuses the club didn't think it was necessary and the club were wrong. Four goalies to solve our problem? I need to take a couple of pills.

On the bright side we will finish above Ha ha harts.

weonlywon6-2
For a centre back, how the **** can't he organise a side to defend a 6-2 lead?I'm going to have an irregular heart beat by the time I'm 20 if this keeps happening.

this for me is the most important factor of thew whole thing

go 5 at the back and scoop up everything, boy we miss rob jones, as for the keeper my 5 year old could have done a better job

noseyhibby
Fu..ing Shambles. An embarrassment. The ultimate proof that John Hughes has to go. I am honestly lost for words...only Hibs! Gawd...memories of the 4-4 Tynecastle collapse have come flooding back. :grr::grr::grr::grr:

H18sry

the game lasts 90 mins why give credit when there is a long time untill full time :confused:

hibee4life1983
That was just poor, hogg? Is he a defender??? Dont think yogi should go, but half the team, they bottled it. Started when we had the chance to finish 2nd after xmas.

Phil D. Rolls
05-05-2010, 08:54 PM
If there's only 5000 turning up next season because of Hughes, I think the sane ones who stop going WILL be missed.

Hughes got us relegated as a captain, I think he'll be going for the double as manager next season. Petrie act now.

It's so similair to the Duff Jimmy story, you would be accused of plagarism if you made it up.:agree:

HFC 0-7
Subs! thats all he needed to do when it was clear they were coming back into it. McBride for Riordan, OK I can see where he was coming from with that but it wasnt needed at the time as they werent showing much more sign of being a threat. then he puts Benji on for Stokes WTF! A defender for Stokes or a defensive midfielder for stokes!

I cant believe that as an ex defender himself he hasnt got the defence more drilled than that! You can say that it was make shift etc, but even still that is a joke to lose 4 goals like that. Did that same defence not play well against Rangers?

Bobo
Yogi surely can't keep his job after allowing that *****e to happen!

4 goals up with 20 mins to go and he takes the one creative player we had off the park and replaces him with another midfielder to help invite Motherwell on to our p!ss poor back 4 and keeper?

Our defence has been really *****e all season and the fact that this hasn't been addressed, all season, is a disgrace! This display just shows how much of a clear out is needed, starting with the Hughes. He hasn't got the ability required to manage effectively in the SPL and never will have.

Won't stop him spouting his usual p!sh though! Time to get rid and bring in someone who knows what they're doing.

HibeeUnderwood
05-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Although I still have faith, I have no idea whats going to happen next for him :rolleyes:

Sas_The_Hibby
My attitude has chnged completely in the last week.

Prior to Saturday I wasn't at all happy with Hughes' apparent tactical ineptitude and his inability to learn anything from what was happening around him. However, I was still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and accept he'd be here for another season - perhaps he would learn.

After Saturday's capitulation, I thought he should go if we finished sixth.

Now I think he should go even if we win 10-0 on Sunday and finish fourth, Players are at fault but Hughes has overall responsibility and if you can't set up a team to hold on to a four goal lead what can you do?

weonlywon6-2
:agree: Bang on! Hibs in cruise control with the way the manager set them up it was the players that imploded and went into their wee shells.

set them up to attack yes,when it comes to defending he needs set that up too

cjhibee1
05-05-2010, 08:56 PM
What a joke. I was on the fence before, not now. An absolute joke. Tactically, not got a clue.

Hibbie_Cameron
]**** that....when we were 6-2 up nobody [/B]was giving Hughes any credit. If it's the players who were doing the good then it's as much them to blame for the bad. The defending and goalkeeping was comical. Hughes sets them out to do a job and obviously in the 2nd half of the season it's not been a good enough one. I'm not defending Hughes as a manager but it's not his fault the players failed to be professional tonight.

Broon made subs to change the game and attack. Did he counter it? No? Why Benji? Why not McCormack, Cregg or McCann (to move thicot inside) Why not sub the keeper when its blantatly obvious he is having a nightmare?

Basic bloody management imo

Tyler Durden

It wasn't a bad idea to bring on McBride but to take off Deek was a joke, he was our main outlet and creative threat.

It just seems Yogi can't do anything right at the moment. Having said that, I wouldn't sack him personally.

col02
set them up to attack yes,when it comes to defending he needs set that up too

We had the same sort of soft spine when Mowbray was in charge yet he was given the benefit of the doubt. I still think we should show a bit loyalty and patience but appreciate Hibs fans are not noted for either.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-05-2010, 08:57 PM
But Hughes has 100% backing from all Hibs fans ?

HFC 0-7

2 subs were made, McBride for Riordan I can see why he made it but meant why we lost the shape. Benji for Stokes? What was that meant to achieve?

heretoday
That was just poor, hogg? Is he a defender??? Dont think yogi should go, but half the team, they bottled it. Started when we had the chance to finish 2nd after xmas.

I agree. Hogg - a typical stookie of a Hibs defender.

Sir David Gray
We lost 5-1 to St Johnstone
We lost 4-1 to Hamilton
We lost to Ross County after being ahead with 20 minutes to go.
We lost at Tynecastle in one of the worst derby displays that you will ever see.
We lost 2-1 to Hearts after being ahead with less than 20 minutes to go.

But tonight is the worst that I have felt this season.

Absolutely gutted after that result and I am emotionally drained just watching that.

archiebald
05-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Stop sticking up for him-he has not got a clue END OFF

JimBHibees
05-05-2010, 08:59 PM

Agree absolutely nothing to do with the manager IMO, he didnt tell supposed experienced players to constantly give the ball away and defend like an under 10 team. IMO it is all at the players, Hogg and Smith should never play again for Hibs they were absolutely appalling and laughable given one of them was supposed the captain. Has there been a worse captain?

Personally thought at the time the McBride for Deek sub was a decent shout, as we were 3 goals up with 20 to go. Complete shambles.

Hibby 2005
05-05-2010, 08:59 PM
As usual Galbraith was nowhere to be seen. Masterstroke by Yogi. 6-2 up and space to exploit.

sleeping giant
05-05-2010, 09:00 PM

I was just trying to put your post in perspective.
You said you were not going back so i wondered how often you normally go !

Ive paid for more than you though:greengrin

zlatan
05-05-2010, 09:01 PM
The first sub by the manager cost us, it was a dreadful sub, absolutely inexcusable. Why shut up shop when we can't defend?

He should have also taken Smith off after the 5th, it was obvious his head was scrambled. Not that we should have been in a position to concede the 4th and 5th goals.

ahibby
05-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Yogi doesn't have the defenders he needs. The problem for me is I don't think he is capable of bringing what we need in. We know how he got Stokes and McBride and they were good acquisitions as was Miller but what we needed was defenders and a strong goalkeeper. I hope Brown is the goalie we need because the others are proving not to be. I shouldn't judge him before he has had a good chance to bring in the commanding defenders we need, but I fear he can't and therefore won't. Having said that he might get lucky.

Billychaotic182
05-05-2010, 09:02 PM
given up wi yogi for me. After taking riordan off we lost our shape and for that IS his fault. He has no clue. Same as mixu signs some good players but can use them

Gus Fring
05-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I can only assume he wants the compensation. That's the only explanation for it

givescotlandfreedom
05-05-2010, 09:03 PM
95% of us don't know what we're talking about, everything;s fine :faf:

easty
05-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Broon made subs to change the game and attack. Did he counter it? No? Why Benji? Why not McCormack, Cregg or McCann (to move thicot inside) Why not sub the keeper when its blantatly obvious he is having a nightmare?

Basic bloody management imo

Would it have made a difference? I dont think bringing on a defender and inviting even more pressure on to a defence which was already looking more than a tad fragile would have been a good idea. I'd assume he thought Benji could get the ball controlled in thier half and maybe keep it away from our defence.

Look, clearly the substitutions didnt work, but would the result have been different had he brought on one of the 3 you mentioned instead of Benji? I'm honestly not sure it would.

ahibby
05-05-2010, 09:05 PM
As usual Galbraith was nowhere to be seen. Masterstroke by Yogi. 6-2 up and space to exploit.

He went for experience over pace, an easy mistake to make, for Yogi. Do you bring on someone who can help keep a lead or go for someone who might cause problems on the break. Tough choice, I think. I would rather draw 6 6 than have lost 6 4

stokesmessiah
05-05-2010, 09:05 PM
replying to myself here but I can't see how they can lift themselves for the game against utd after this.

They cant were sh**e!!! I was all for yogi getting the job and after the reasonable start we had i thought that finally things were clicking for hibs.

How wrong can one man be, our shape has been terrible, we are unfit, and yogi would not know a football team if it hit him on the erchie!!!!!

Bye Yogi your absolutely tosh and god knows what Sir RP thinks he is going to fill that new stand with next season, no european footy and possibly the guffest most disorganised and passionless shower of crap i have ever seen.

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Stop sticking up for him-he has not got a clue END OFF

I don't think he was. Read it again.

givescotlandfreedom
05-05-2010, 09:07 PM
He's slavering absolute pish again.

Niffy
05-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Difference between 2 coaches , auld Craig Brown has obviously put steel , desire & fight into his team...

Hughes tells our players they're doing great , it's a laugh , it will all come good soon don't worry.

get tae F.

Hiber-nation
05-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Agree absolutely nothing to do with the manager IMO, he didnt tell supposed experienced players to constantly give the ball away and defend like an under 10 team. IMO it is all at the players, Hogg and Smith should never play again for Hibs they were absolutely appalling and laughable given one of them was supposed the captain. Has there been a worse captain?

Personally thought at the time the McBride for Deek sub was a decent shout, as we were 3 goals up with 20 to go. Complete shambles.

Totally disagree - the only way we were ever going to win this game was by keeping attacking - the decision to take Riordan off was absolutely beyond belief as far as I'm concerned.

If Hughes thought that bringing on a defensive midfielder to shore it up would win us this game then I give up. Completely and utterly crazy.

Wee Kev
05-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Yogi not fit to manage this club the run since xmas has been shocking.

We needed a ball winner in midfield as we are too powder puff and a new center half & right back in Jan transfer window but it did not materialise and as a centre half he should have seen that defence are not good enough.

There are too many players who are not fit to wear the jersey
ie smith,hogg,thicot,rankin,benji,stevenson,ma-kalambay,gow etc
we need a major clearout.:grr:

GloryGlory
05-05-2010, 09:09 PM
We lost 5-1 to St Johnstone
We lost 4-1 to Hamilton
We lost to Ross County after being ahead with 20 minutes to go.
We lost at Tynecastle in one of the worst derby displays that you will ever see.
We lost 2-1 to Hearts after being ahead with less than 20 minutes to go.

But tonight is the worst that I have felt this season.

Absolutely gutted after that result and I am emotionally drained just watching that.

We also lost 3-2 to Celtic after being ahead with 10 minutes to go. Each time it wasn't inspired play by the opposition, but downright rank tactics and defending by Hibs!

Saorsa
05-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Would it have made a difference? I dont think bringing on a defender and inviting even more pressure on to a defence which was already looking more than a tad fragile would have been a good idea. I'd assume he thought Benji could get the ball controlled in thier half and maybe keep it away from our defence.

Look, clearly the substitutions didnt work, but would the result have been different had he brought on one of the 3 you mentioned instead of Benji? I'm honestly not sure it would.Again

wrong subs, wrong time, Hughes all over

JimBHibees
05-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Totally disagree - the only way we were ever going to win this game was by keeping attacking - the decision to take Riordan off was absolutely beyond belief as far as I'm concerned.

If Hughes thought that bringing on a defensive midfielder to shore it up would win us this game then I give up. Completely and utterly crazy.

Did you say that at the time. :greengrin We were 3 goals up with 20 to go any half decent team should have held onto that. Thought McBride would have been able to get on the ball and made a few passes, didnt happen. Also think Rankin out of the middle weakened the team due to his energy which McBride and especially Miller lacked.

Hibby 2005
05-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Hiber-nation is spot on. Our defence was crap so we had to keep attacking!

BSEJVT
05-05-2010, 09:13 PM
I am not sure Mcbride even touched the ball, but he barely has since Xmas anyway.

IMO Hughes had 2 choices, he could have left things as they were and tried to play the game in their half or put another central defender in to help clear the danger.

All they had to do was punt crosses and long balls into the box for the whole game and we were ****ed.

Another midfielder wasnt going to stop that.

A more pertinent question might be why the ball came straight back even after it was cleared and the answer would be lack of basic fitness.

Stokes and Nish were a spent force after an hour.

BWhiteman1972
05-05-2010, 09:14 PM

You can't be serious! In such an open game why take off our attacking outlet, at least when we were under pressure we could have moved the ball back to front quick. I'm pretty certain we could have scored at least 1 more.

Instead Motherwell grew in confidence, scored and then the shambles that is our defence collapsed and we had no outlet up front. Nish and Stokes have no pace, add to that one of the worst keeper displays I have ever seen and it was a disaster waiting to happen.

easty
05-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Again

wrong subs, wrong time, Hughes all over

my point was simply that tonight the players were more to blame than the manager. its not subbuteo, yogi's not the one moving them about the park. they failed to be professional tonight completely.

Berwickhibby
05-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Everybody could se at Xmas that we needed another Centre Half, Right Back and a ball winning Mid fielder - what did you sign! Alan Gow - an injured striker on loan and another Gaolie who is also injured. We are so soft at the back we have become another Falkirk........ Yet you have been spraffing the same guff for weeks.

You are clearly out your depth, so do the right thing and leave. Take your defence with you

leither17
05-05-2010, 09:17 PM
and dont let the door hit you on the arse on the way out

Craig_in_Prague
That was a good away point at a tough ground, and the team tried hard!!!! :greengrin

Austinho
That is the 11th game this season we have thrown away a lead. And the 7th time in little over 2 months. That tells me more about the tactics than the playing squad.

Hiber-nation
05-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Did you say that at the time. :greengrin We were 3 goals up with 20 to go any half decent team should have held onto that. Thought McBride would have been able to get on the ball and made a few passes, didnt happen. Also think Rankin out of the middle weakened the team due to his energy which McBride and especially Miller lacked.

I nearly booted the telly at the time...:grr:

easty
05-05-2010, 09:18 PM
I am not sure Mcbride even touched the ball, but he barely has since Xmas anyway.

IMO Hughes had 2 choices, he could have left things as they were and tried to play the game in their half or put another central defender in to help clear the danger.

All they had to do was punt crosses and long balls into the box for the whole game and we were ****ed.

Another midfielder wasnt going to stop that.

A more pertinent question might be why the ball came straight back even after it was cleared and the answer would be lack of basic fitness.

Stokes and Nish were a spent force after an hour.

the way Motherwell were going for it though, say hypothetically we had brought on a defender, they probably still would have scored, plus, we would have less of an out ball up the park from defence. we'd be under even more pressure and you'd be slating yogi for inviting that pressure by bringing on a defender.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Absolutely pathetic, really regretting renewing my Season ticket now to be honest, sales are going to be well down but if they had collapsed completely it might have given Petrie & co the push they need to make changes. Expect a lot of us will have done the same as me and already renewed to take advantage of the payment scheme though.

JimBHibees
05-05-2010, 09:19 PM
You can't be serious! In such an open game why take off our attacking outlet, at least when we were under pressure we could have moved the ball back to front quick. I'm pretty certain we could have scored at least 1 more.

Instead Motherwell grew in confidence, scored and then the shambles that is our defence collapsed and we had no outlet up front. Nish and Stokes have no pace, add to that one of the worst keeper displays I have ever seen and it was a disaster waiting to happen.

What why try to shore the game up a bit when we are 3 up with 20 to go. Made complete sense to me wasnt his fault the defence and goalie were as bad as I have ever seen. Do the players not take any responsiblity?

Hibby 2005
05-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Yogi ****ed up, plain and simple, please tell me what other Manager has achieved what he somehow Managed to do tonight?

BWhiteman1972
05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
What why try to shore the game up a bit when we are 3 up with 20 to go. Made complete sense to me wasnt his fault the defence and goalie were as bad as I have ever seen. Do the players not take any responsiblity?

Given the recent track record of our defence - even at 4 goals up I wouldn't trust them to see out a game.

We were succeeding in playing attacking football and anyone with half a footballing brain knew that Motherwell were gonna throw everything at us to get something from the game, we should have been able to see out the game playing counter attacking football.

Yet he takes off the fastest and most talented of the 3 strikers and puts us under pressure for the last 20 minutes.

If he wanted to put McBride on then take off either Stokes or Nish who don't have pace and ability on the ball and clearly aren't fit enough to play 90 minutes of football.

BSEJVT
05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
the way Motherwell were going for it though, say hypothetically we had brought on a defender, they probably still would have scored, plus, we would have less of an out ball up the park from defence. we'd be under even more pressure and you'd be slating yogi for inviting that pressure by bringing on a defender.

We had no out ball up the park anyway:confused:

We brought on a guy to play in a midfield that was being totally bypassed as they rightly played hoof ball into the centre of a defence that couldnt cope from the first minute to the last.

Hughes must be the only manager in the world who wouldnt have brought on a defender to help a team that was getting the mother of all beatings defensively.

Its all very well and admirable wanting to defend Hughes, but he has consistently made the wrong choices tactically.

hibee4life1983
05-05-2010, 09:29 PM
How can hughes take all the blame here? Im not sticking up for him but feel he inherited a duff defense and didnt have the funds to better it, david gray, russel anderson even darren barr! We need a new defense and a new manager imo, wouldnt get them playing gud, just watched the goals again, HOGG!!! never a defender, trying to kick the ball for suttons headed goal? Why!!! It was just above head height.

CAPTAIN? He couldnt captain a toy boat.

TornadoHibby
05-05-2010, 09:31 PM

Realistically mate with the current team etc we don't want to qualify for Europe do we? :cool2:

Frank Moon
05-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Who could you bring on to defend like? We don't have quality defenders so I think at least he took of a forward and put in another midfielder.

He normally gets slated for continuing with three forwards so he did try to shore it up.

I blame the players. We are week defensivly simple as that.

He knows it too but couldn't get any quality in at the window. The fact he tried to get Barr shows that. (not saying he is that great but shows that Yogi knows he needs to sort it)

BWhiteman1972
05-05-2010, 09:34 PM
How can hughes take all the blame here? Im not sticking up for him but feel he inherited a duff defense and didnt have the funds to better it, david gray, russel anderson even darren barr! We need a new defense and a new manager imo, wouldnt get them playing gud, just watched the goals again, HOGG!!! never a defender, trying to kick the ball for suttons headed goal? Why!!! It was just above head height.

I agree, howver let's not forget that before the Rangers game at ER just after Christmas we had the joint best defence in Britain!!

How the **** can we go from one of the best to one of the worst!!!

4 at home to Rangers and Dundee Utd, 4 away to Hamilton, 5 away to St Johnstone and now 6 away to Motherwell!!!!

hibee4life1983
05-05-2010, 09:41 PM
I agree, howver let's not forget that before the Rangers game at ER just after Christmas we had the joint best defence in Britain!!

4 at home to Rangers and Dundee Utd, 4 away to Hamilton, 5 away to St Johnstone and now 6 away to Motherwell!!!!

True, i knew deep down tho that the defense were not as good as the stats suggested, and theres no way hughes has made them this bad.
Im certain its a mental thing, there are cans and cants.
Weve got about 6 cants imo.

The Harp Awakes
05-05-2010, 09:51 PM
No chance Yogi will be sacked before the last game of the Season. His future as Hibs Manager hinges on the last game IMO. 1 point at Tannidice could be enough for us to finish 4th and if we do he will keep his job.

If we don't finish 4th though he could be gone by Monday.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-05-2010, 09:55 PM
No chance Yogi will be sacked before the last game of the Season. His future as Hibs Manager hinges on the last game IMO. 1 point at Tannidice could be enough for us to finish 4th and if we do he will keep his job.

If we don't finish 4th though he could be gone by Monday.

Wish I shared your optimism, I'm sure we'll be stuck with him for the start of next season.

hibee4life1983
05-05-2010, 09:57 PM

True, i knew deep down tho that it the stats were not a true reflection, Its hard to get on hughes back, he hasnt made them this bad, theres no passion in the middle of the park and the defence with the exception of murray, i must also add to tho that murrays arthritis seems to have caught him up, slow, very slow, im studing the game again! Even tho it hurts,

i cant belive hoggs positioning? It seems like he doesnt have a clue wer to be. Brian rice twice has shouted to him to push up.
He hasnt.
Both yogi and rice have told him now. Hibs attacking and guess what?. . . . Hes still being told? This was at 5-1.

Bob Box Fish
05-05-2010, 10:00 PM
I was just trying to put your post in perspective.
You said you were not going back so i wondered how often you normally go !

Ive paid for more than you though:greengrin

To put it into perspective I'm not renewing the season ticket either.

TomTheHibbyBev
05-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Petrie you can **** off:grr: too

BWhiteman1972
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
True, i knew deep down tho that it the stats were not a true reflection, Its hard to get on hughes back, he hasnt made them this bad, theres no passion in the middle of the park and the defence with the exception of murray, i must also add to tho that murrays arthritis seems to have caught him up, slow, very slow, im studing the game again! Even tho it hurts,

i cant belive hoggs positioning? It seems like he doesnt have a clue wer to be. Brian rice twice has shouted to him to push up.
He hasnt.
Both yogi and rice have told him now. Hibs attacking and guess what?. . . . Hes still being told? This was at 5-1.

Clearly not a captain, in previous years I thought he was gonna develop into a decent centre back, but now.....???

Let's face it individually they are not bad players, but why can't they play together? It must raise questions about what goes on at training... and then that brings us back to Yogi!!

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Tonight was a right good humiliation. Can't wait to see a right good replay. Tell ye what, Yogi: how about a right good cheerio from yersel??:grr::grr::grr::grr:

since90plustwo
05-05-2010, 10:17 PM
fair enough weshould have won and its a disgrace we didnt , but hughes cant be to blame for today. he set us out well, we scored six goals for gos sake. we also conceded 6 but that was through defensive lapses and things. Smith was at fault for a few and others were a mixture of errors. Hughes isnt getting the team playing badly, its the defence sitting too far dep and playing suicide balls that is killing us.

bingo70
05-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Clearly not a captain, in previous years I thought he was gonna develop into a decent centre back, but now.....???

Let's face it individually they are not bad players, but why can't they play together? It must raise questions about what goes on at training... and then that brings us back to Yogi!!

Disagree, Hogg is a bad player, he's absolutely ***** in fact.

Every week he gets bullied and chucked about, regardless of who the striker is he's playing against.

Hanlon has bags of potential but he needs to play along side a proper centre half to teach him the right habits.

IMO we should get Hogg booted asap

Devine
05-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Ross County Home - Embarassment - Up twice against a first division side at home and couldnt finish it off

Ross County Away - Embarassment - Usual sh*te different night it was a Scottish Cup QF FFS!

St Johnstone Away - Embarassment - Losing 5 goals in that manner is unforgivable

Hamilton Away - Embarassment - They are pash poor yet our bunch of heartless c***s get stuffed after a complete lack of effort then seen laughing and joking at the end

Hearts Away - Embarassment - The 2-1 defeat papers ove rwhat was a truly disgraceful performance if they werent so bad in front of goal it could have been a cricket score

Hearts Home - Embarassment - The way we gave up the ghost on Saturday and some of those performances were quite frankly a joke!

Mwell Away - Embarassment - 6-2 up and f***ed it need I say anymore.

There are probably more I could go on but this is evidence enough.....YOGI GTF!

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 10:20 PM
fair enough weshould have won and its a disgrace we didnt , but hughes cant be to blame for today. he set us out well, we scored six goals for gos sake. we also conceded 6 but that was through defensive lapses and things. Smith was at fault for a few and others were a mixture of errors. Hughes isnt getting the team playing badly, its the defence sitting too far dep and playing suicide balls that is killing us.

It's his team, his tactics, his responsibility.I'm still raging.:grr:

noseyhibby
:top marks
Ross County Home - Embarassment - Up twice against a first division side at home and couldnt finish it off

Ross County Away - Embarassment - Usual sh*te different night it was a Scottish Cup QF FFS!

St Johnstone Away - Embarassment - Losing 5 goals in that manner is unforgivable

Hamilton Away - Embarassment - They are pash poor yet our bunch of heartless c***s get stuffed after a complete lack of effort then seen laughing and joking at the end

Hearts Away - Embarassment - The 2-1 defeat papers ove rwhat was a truly disgraceful performance if they werent so bad in front of goal it could have been a cricket score

Hearts Home - Embarassment - The way we gave up the ghost on Saturday and some of those performances were quite frankly a joke!

Bishop Hibee
Yogi :bye:

Devine

Spot on!

noseyhibby
05-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Yogi :bye:

I'll second, third, fourth and fifth that:bye::bye::bye::bye:

bingo70
05-05-2010, 10:21 PM

So you weren't pissing yourself laughing at full time then? :wink: :devil:

Craig_in_Prague
05-05-2010, 10:22 PM

Wonder if our accountant chairman cares, or if finishing 5th and the balance sheet, is truely all that matters.

BWhiteman1972
05-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Disagree, Hogg is a bad player, he's absolutely ***** in fact.

Every week he gets bullied and chucked about, regardless of who the striker is he's playing against.

Hanlon has bags of potential but he needs to play along side a proper centre half to teach him the right habits.

IMO we should get Hogg booted asap

My mistake, I did mean to say the others aren't bad players.

Hanlon has the potential but he will need a strong player to play with, someone with experience would be even better.

BWhiteman1972
05-05-2010, 10:27 PM

If it had been 1 or 2 games you could say it was the team playing badly, BUT 2 wins in 18 games?? That's almost half a season, if the defence is sitting too deep then why isn't he "managing" from the touchline to rectify it?

And what the hell have they been doing in training? Surely Yogi must know where the weakness lies and be able to address it.

He hasn't and in my opinion can't - therefore he must go

SQHib
05-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Couldn't believe it when at 6 -5 and on 88 mins Yogi makes his second subby - Stokes for Benji ( wtf ?? ) - why not bring on any of mccormack cregg or stevenson and help stem the tide ?

Then to compound matters at injury time plus 2 when there was 4 mins injury time I'm screaming at Yogi to make his 3rd subby ( another defender for Nish ) and waste 30 secs and more importantly break the game up and give the defence a few secs breather - does he ? no and 20 secs later Well break ( after we should have booted the ball into Row Z ) and they score

Couldn't make it up ?

houston1875
05-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Couldn't believe it when at 6 -5 and on 88 mins Yogi makes his second subby - Stokes for Benji ( wtf ?? ) - why not bring on any of mccormack cregg or stevenson and help stem the tide ?

Then to compound matters at injury time plus 2 when there was 4 mins injury time I'm screaming at Yogi to make his 3rd subby ( another defender for Nish ) and waste 30 secs and more importantly break the game up and give the defence a few secs breather - does he ? no and 20 secs later Well break ( after we should have booted the ball into Row Z ) and they score

Couldn't make it up ?

good point bout wasting time with a sub

is there a board meeting the mora?

I Love Lamp
05-05-2010, 10:36 PM
I think there needs to be a change but the question is what that change is. Maybe it does involve getting in a Director of Football to bring a bit of permanent footballing expertise at board level.

If such an individual was to be appointed, however, I feel that their first act on the job should be to take charge of the search for a new manager. The tactical failings have been unacceptable and the breezy post-match interviews are insulting. Systemic/cultural change may well be needed to ensure that we are not looking for a new coach every year BUT one cannot attribute a failure to either (a) make the changes so there are ten men behind the ball in a fixed shape OR (b) ensure that the focus turns to pressing the ball high up the pitch and ball retention in midfield to long-term cultural/structural problems at the club. It is the latest of too many failures of management. ANY team should be able to hold onto a 4-goal lead.

Devine
05-05-2010, 10:36 PM

Couldn't make it up ?

Another example of how inept he is. Every man and their dog could see what was coming in the last 5-10 mins.

Hanlon had an utter shocker in the air tonight why not be proactive and switch him and Murray!?

BWhiteman1972
05-05-2010, 10:40 PM

Let's not forget 2-1 up a parkhead with around 10 mins left and losing 3-2!!

The scary thing is, if this idiot can have us in 5th place imagine what a manager WITH a brain could do with this team!!

SteveHFC
06-05-2010, 12:44 AM

SteveHFC
06-05-2010, 12:47 AM
Yogi GTF! you have not got a clue.:grr:

6-2 up with 25mins to go and we give away 4 goals and penalty.:grr:

Deano Mourinho
06-05-2010, 06:58 AM
I hate to say it because i loved Yogi as a player but i cannot watch this anymore he has to be gone in next 6 hours. I would like to see either of the following put in charge in this order Coleman, Reid or McInnes all of which are achievable

HFC 0-7
06-05-2010, 07:04 AM

Is this the same defence that at the start of the season had the best record, only equalled by Rangers. Early in the season we were solid at the back. Something has happened at the club IMO, there seems to be a complete lack of organisation.

Aldo
06-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Well was going to get a season ticket along with my daughter but wont be now and wont be back TBH until Hughes is away.

We now need players who are hungry for it and want to play like its their last game ever.

Need someone at the back who can take responsibility and show leadership and character.

We also need a manager who can see what is happening and change things round. Its okay saying we defend from the front but we also need defenders who can defend and a keeper who can do the basics.

Hughes is not the man for the job and never has been for me. I want somone with no Hibs connections. Hughes must shoulder some of the blame for this evening.

I never posted last night cos I would of been chucked off the board by the admin team for what I was going to write.

Hughes for me:bye:

Phil MaGlass
06-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Hughes GTF :grr::grr::grr:

khib70
06-05-2010, 08:35 AM
5 pages, 166 posts, all saying, quite rightly, GTF! Aye, Yogi, it's only one or two, eh?:bye::clown:

bawheid
06-05-2010, 09:04 AM
5 pages, 166 posts, all saying, quite rightly, GTF! Aye, Yogi, it's only one or two, eh?:bye::clown:

I think it's Nish's 95%.

Most Hibs supporters are as spineless as the team.

brog
06-05-2010, 10:29 AM
There are people writing here that they're embarrassed to be Hibs Fans, me too particularly with some of the drivel being written in this thread. I've supported Hibs for well over 50 years. have lived in London for 30 years & am & will remain a season ticket holder. Hibs are not a Xmas puppy, they're a love for life, through thick & thin.
Like everyone on this board I suffered hugely last night but let's have some sense of perspective & reality.
1. Sack Yogi - aye right & who do we bring in then? He has a 3 year contract, the goal is continuous improvement which we achieved this year. If he fails in that goal then he gets sacked.
2. If we had polled this board re our best keeper a month or so back then Smith would probably have won. However last night he was a nightmare. If you had Puyol & Maldini in defence it wouldn't have mattered if your keeper throws everything in the net.
3. Substituting Deek. I'm a huge Deek fan & hate to see him come off, particularly given his contribution last night but virtually every manager in the world would have done the same thing at 6-3. Again, all Smith has to do is collect a harmless free kick & a corner & we see the game out comfortably. No manager can legislate for that horror show.

Step back, calm down, smell the flowers & follow the Hibees!

hibee4life1983
06-05-2010, 02:57 PM
There are people writing here that they're embarrassed to be Hibs Fans, me too particularly with some of the drivel being written in this thread. I've supported Hibs for well over 50 years. have lived in London for 30 years & am & will remain a season ticket holder. Hibs are not a Xmas puppy, they're a love for life, through thick & thin.
Like everyone on this board I suffered hugely last night but let's have some sense of perspective & reality.
1. Sack Yogi - aye right & who do we bring in then? He has a 3 year contract, the goal is continuous improvement which we achieved this year. If he fails in that goal then he gets sacked.
2. If we had polled this board re our best keeper a month or so back then Smith would probably have won. However last night he was a nightmare. If you had Puyol & Maldini in defence it wouldn't have mattered if your keeper throws everything in the net.
3. Substituting Deek. I'm a huge Deek fan & hate to see him come off, particularly given his contribution last night but virtually every manager in the world would have done the same thing at 6-3. Again, all Smith has to do is collect a harmless free kick & a corner & we see the game out comfortably. No manager can legislate for that horror show.

Tottaly agree, the players are at fault, not the manager.

Andy74
06-05-2010, 03:10 PM

Aye, you must all be proud.

Devine
06-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Aye, you must all be proud.

For having an opinion different to yours? We cant all be as high and mighty as you can we

Andy74
06-05-2010, 03:41 PM
For having an opinion different to yours? We cant all be as high and mighty as you can we

Not that. It's the GTF's and the clown smilies that must be pleasing for you all. Classy.

Hibby 2005
06-05-2010, 03:44 PM
May not be classy, but then neither is our enlightened leader these days.

Hibs90
06-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Enough is enough, a really poor manager and he should walk away after Sundays game.

rightwinger
06-05-2010, 04:17 PM
As some posts have mentioned, the worst thing is that - even winning 4-1 and 6-2 - we could see a collapse coming.

Everytime we scored, my dad would say 'Well will win 4-3, 5-4, 6-5, 7-6 etc'. Had they scored the penalty it would have happened.

We played pretty good football to get our goals but all well did was lump the ball forward. They did it all game and looked like scoring all game.

Hughes has to go along with a lot of the players. The whole psyche of the club has to change. We can no longer hide behind 'flair' to mask our inability to achieve anything.

We cannot beat anybody when we have to. We will finish 5th no better and it is irrelevant now whether we get into Europe. Ross County winning the cup would fittingly sum up a season in which Hibs fans have been teased more than ever. When we need a draw at Parkhead or against Hearts we go in front only to lose late on. Well couldn't equalise with the pen last night - they did it with an extraordinary goal in the 93rd minute instead. But it is our team that is responsible - they are the ones taking the p***.

We can all see the limitations of Stokes and Riordan - they do need to work harder - but you can't argue with the 40 goals they've got this season. The midfield is tired but a lot has been asked of them.

The defence, however, is a disgrace and all of them bar Murray and Bamba has to go. Incredibly, of all the goalies we've had this season, Makalamby looks the most secure.

Hughes has to go as well. We need a manager who will utilise the Riordans and Stokes for what they're worth but not pander to 'flair'. We need a manager who will bring in a defence full of bruisers and a few similar midfielders to boot.

It's been a really sobering last few weeks. The collapse has almost been a parody of the end of season collapse we always seem to endure. But it will remain the same as long as we're 'Hibs' - we need someone to come in who respects not the club's tradition (what tradition? a tradition of losing?) but the club's view of itself as a great footballing club. The man must also, however, be sufficiently detached from this to ruthlessly build an ethos, a unit, a mentality, a structure that will take us forward.

Fair-weather flair football is too weak a foundation upon which to build a team.

Craig Levein's done it at United and it's what we need at Hibs. The man will be hard to find and it is not John Hughes. Realistically and half-heartedly and I'd probably suggest Derek McInnes as the best candidate.

You can count on one hand the players that should stay for the mid-term. Miller, Riordan, Stokes, Murray, and Bamba. Of the youngsters Wotherspoon. Even then you're giving them the benefit of the doubt.

It does show you how easy it is to get a result in the first-half of the season.

There is a facet of Hibs to be proud of - but that side of the club is more mythical than tangible. For example, Turnbull's Tornadoes achievements do not really match their reputation as a 'great side'. We've had three 'great sides' 1887, 1902-03, and 1946-56. The rest have simply been underachievers.

The present team isn't underachieving. Look at the players and manager - the present team's just crap.

But I'm too soft to walk away so see you next season.

greenlex
06-05-2010, 04:29 PM
You obviously cant read or didnt read them all. They do not all say that. but lets not let facts get in the way again. :rolleyes:
GTF indeed. :agree:

Beefster
06-05-2010, 04:33 PM
I think it's Nish's 95%.

Most Hibs supporters are as spineless as the team.

I can't be the only one getting bored of the suggestion that anyone with a different opinion is 'spineless' or some other derogatory remark. By all means, argue your corner but lay off the snidey remarks.

It's taken some supporters three months of utter dross and the worst run of league defeats for decades to reach the stage where they think Hughes should go.

We're back to the patronising and counter-productive 'Happy Clappers' vs 'Doom and Gloomers'.

erin go bragh
06-05-2010, 04:36 PM

we finnish 5th ,utd win the cup
well lose at greystoke and we get a point at utd[finnish 4th

erin go bragh
06-05-2010, 04:39 PM

:top markssmith should have been subbed when he got whacked on the head[his eyes were rolling]stays on and cost us the game:grr:

Sas_The_Hibby
06-05-2010, 04:43 PM

A sensible post and, as far as last night is concerned, in some ways it was a freak game and if it had been a one-off it wouldn't have mattered. However, in the light of all that's gone before (since February and earlier), it was a disaster waiting to happen - one that most Hibs fans could see but Hughes has done nothing about. He changed nothing tactically when he had the chance, early in the season, when we were getting away with some woeful defensive performances and he has changed nothing tactically during this atrocious spell of form. Add to that his apparent inability to use substitutes effectively and you have a manager who appears clueless, having learned nothing over a season.

For me his comments last night that he "blamed the strikers" (which I'd first assumed was a bit of black humour), presumably from the Kindergarten school of football tactics, merely confirmed my worst fears about his abilities.

archiebald
06-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Tottaly agree, the players are at fault, not the manager.
Every manager in the the world would have subbed deek last night. I THINK NOT.

Phil D. Rolls
06-05-2010, 09:11 PM
:top markssmith should have been subbed when he got whacked on the head[his eyes were rolling]stays on and cost us the game:grr:

If it was Rugby, he'd have to wait two weeks (is this right?) before he could play again. I think it's bizarre that football isn't a bit stricter about head injuries.

bawheid
07-05-2010, 10:12 AM
I can't be the only one getting bored of the suggestion that anyone with a different opinion is 'spineless' or some other derogatory remark. By all means, argue your corner but lay off the snidey remarks.

It's taken some supporters three months of utter dross and the worst run of league defeats for decades to reach the stage where they think Hughes should go.

We're back to the patronising and counter-productive 'Happy Clappers' vs 'Doom and Gloomers'.

I've seen more than enough of that sort of stuff from the hysterical anti-Hughes posters than anyone else. FFS anyone sticking up for the Hibernian manager is accused of being on the wind-up, as BH was yesterday!

However, spineless is right. A bit of a bad run and everyone's crying into their keyboards. A lot of Hibs fans should grow a set (metaphorically speaking) and accept there is work to be done, that the work will take longer than a few months, and give the manager time to do it.

If you peel back all the hysteria and gnashing and wailing...no one has actually put anyone forward who would do a better job than Hughes. Who would you go for?

khib70
07-05-2010, 10:20 AM
I've seen more than enough of that sort of stuff from the hysterical anti-Hughes posters than anyone else. FFS anyone sticking up for the Hibernian manager is accused of being on the wind-up, as BH was yesterday!

However, spineless is right. A bit of a bad run and everyone's crying into their keyboards. A lot of Hibs fans should grow a set (metaphorically speaking) and accept there is work to be done, that the work will take longer than a few months, and give the manager time to do it.

If you peel back all the hysteria and gnashing and wailing...no one has actually put anyone forward who would do a better job than Hughes. Who would you go for?
2 wins out of 17. 2 consecutive defeats by the yams. Losing by three or four goals to bottom six teams. Only 13 points gained against top six clubs. Knocked out of the Cup by a First Division outfit. 6-2 lead thrown away in 25 minutes.

You're entitled to your opinion mate, and I usually agree with you. But that is not "a bit of a bad run" - that's a whole, complete, absolutely terrible run, and the worst for 13 years. By all means fight your corner, but it's not "spineless" or "hysterical" to be upset and angry about it.

bawheid
07-05-2010, 10:29 AM
2 wins out of 17. 2 consecutive defeats by the yams. Losing by three or four goals to bottom six teams. Only 13 points gained against top six clubs. Knocked out of the Cup by a First Division outfit. 6-2 lead thrown away in 25 minutes.

You're entitled to your opinion mate, and I usually agree with you. But that is not "a bit of a bad run" - that's a whole, complete, absolutely terrible run, and the worst for 13 years. By all means fight your corner, but it's not "spineless" or "hysterical" to be upset and angry about it.

Do you really think some of the posts on this website over the past few days haven't been hysterical? I can only hope some of it has come from our undercover yam chums. I've seen some completely ridiculous stuff posted about the current Hibernian manager.

We've been on a bad run, the players confidence is shot to pieces, a lot of them aren't up to it anyway. The manager is asking them to be strong mentally, but they aren't. He needs a chance to clear out those he doesn't want and replace them with players he does want.

I hear a lot of supporters saying 'he's had two transfer windows to sort the team out'. This is nowhere near enough. During the first window he was still assessing the squad (and it was doing well). Everyone knows the January window is next to useless for signing anyone of any quality.

I'll give him the summer to sort out the squad so that a slump like we've experienced doesn't happen again. If we're still playing poorly or not getting results at Christmas, then I'll think again.

Ritchie
07-05-2010, 10:32 AM
is he still not away yet!! :grr::grr::grr:

Ritchie
07-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Do you really think some of the posts on this website over the past few days haven't been hysterical? I can only hope some of it has come from our undercover yam chums. I've seen some completely ridiculous stuff posted about the current Hibernian manager.

We've been on a bad run, the players confidence is shot to pieces, a lot of them aren't up to it anyway. The manager is asking them to be strong mentally, but they aren't. He needs a chance to clear out those he doesn't want and replace them with players he does want.

I hear a lot of supporters saying 'he's had two transfer windows to sort the team out'. This is nowhere near enough. During the first window he was still assessing the squad (and it was doing well). Everyone knows the January window is next to useless for signing anyone of any quality.

I'll give him the summer to sort out the squad so that a slump like we've experienced doesn't happen again. If we're still playing poorly or not getting results at Christmas, then I'll think again.

we'll see if your still saying the same next season when we are in the bottom 6.

bawheid
07-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Been through the first couple of pages of this thread. Anyone care to deny that most of it is hysterical pish?

Sack the *** lot of them , kick Smith's heid in , and get Yogi to cut the grass at the training complex , it's all hes good for.

Nice. Kick his head in! You go on son...what a hardman.

HAPPY CLAPPERS **** OFF!

IF YOU TYPE IN CAPITALS DOES THAT MAKE IT RIGHT??

Laughing and Joking at the end shows how much he cares. Go now. Prick.

Abuse. Nice.

LEAVE NOW.

He really is thick.

Ah here we go...this is always bubbling beneath the surface.

I have never, never been more embarrassed to be a Hibs fan than right now.

Really? Honestly??

There's not one person in that defence could get a game for the boys brigade.

You are a total ****wit Hughes and for the first time in my life I am embarrased to be a Hibs supporter.

That first bit isn't true though surely? And the second bit...really?? I'm never embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter.

Far,far worse than Mixu.

:faf: Aye, ok then.

bawheid
07-05-2010, 10:44 AM
we'll see if your still saying the same next season when we are in the bottom 6.

Did you not read my post? If we're in the bottom six next season with no signs of progress then I'll think again.

One January transfer window is not enough to sort out years of mis-management though.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2010, 10:48 AM

This post should be put at the top of every page you open on Hibs.net.:top marks

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2010, 10:53 AM

Same here. :top marks

When? Unfortunately I think many will still be saying Hughes out if/when we are in the top 6 at Christmas.

matty_f
07-05-2010, 11:05 AM

:top marks Brilliant post.:agree:

Captain Trips
07-05-2010, 11:25 AM

Indeed, I agree about January window and would add that as we were doing ok in league at that time this may well have had Hughes think a bit more about big changes.