PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Game This Season..

Ell_Chrisso
05-05-2010, 12:22 PM
So it now all comes down to a basic, winner takes all tie tonight against Motherwell.

I feel if we win, we go to Europe. A draw, gives a last day chance against D UTD, and the loss puts us completely out of our misery...

Anyone feel that if we don't manage the 4th spot, this season has been a complete fail ??

iwasthere1972
05-05-2010, 12:27 PM
So it now all comes down to a basic, winner takes all tie tonight against Motherwell.

I feel if we win, we go to Europe. A draw, gives a last day chance against D UTD, and the loss puts us completely out of our misery...

Anyone feel that if we don't manage the 4th spot, this season has been a complete fail ??

Definitely. Considering not so long ago we were in contention for 2nd spot then 3rd spot.

We need a win (coupled with a good performance if possible) tonight to recover anything from a frustrating and disappointing few months.

C'mon Hibs we can do it.

Leith Green
05-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Even with 4th it still feels like a failure..

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Even if we win tonight, and I hope we do, it will only be papering over the cracks.
Cracks, did I say cracks?. The Grand Canyon has less cracks than us.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Anyone feel that if we don't manage the 4th spot, this season has been a complete fail ??If we can get a wee Euro trip for 5th place I'd still go, looking at the bigger picture though, this is the lowest standard Premier Division I can remember for years, so, even if we got into Europe by being 5th its still quite a poor effort IMHO.

Wotherspiniesta
05-05-2010, 12:29 PM
How many "Biggest game of the season" 's have we had??

Ross County x 2- Lost
Hearts x 2- Lost
Dundee Utd at home- Thumped

If it's the biggest game of our season then we will most likely lose it.

Ell_Chrisso
05-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Yea we have just been a BIG dissapointment for months now.

Sat's game pitimised that!

Hopefully the lads have it in them, to dig in for just one more game.

That park at Motherwell still shocking?

Ell_Chrisso
05-05-2010, 12:34 PM
How many "Biggest game of the season" 's have we had??

Ross County x 2- Lost
Hearts x 2- Lost
Dundee Utd at home- Thumped

If it's the biggest game of our season then we will most likely lose it.

Okay, this "really is" the biggest game ...

The Ross County ties should have never been contested.

iwasthere1972
05-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Okay, this "really is" the biggest game ...

The Ross County ties should have never been contested.

Unless we draw tonight that is. :wink:

.SeventyFive
05-05-2010, 12:49 PM
It's a long season so I think 4th is respectable if we can achieve it.

Just because we were competing for 3rd, and even 2nd, at Christmas time doesn't mean it was our right to land a higher finish.

We had a good half then a bad half. Ending the season winning only 3 out of 16 and still in with a shout of Europe shows that overall, this has been a 'good' season.

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
It's a long season so I think 4th is respectable if we can achieve it.

Just because we were competing for 3rd, and even 2nd, at Christmas time doesn't mean it was our right to land a higher finish.

We had a good half then a bad half. Ending the season winning only 3 out of 16 and still in with a shout of Europe shows that overall, this has been a 'good' season.

:confused::confused:

Total contradiction there. Had we won 8 or maybe even 6 then i might agree.
This is not a bad run, it's freefall. So how can anyone say, in any way, it has been good???

hibeedonald
05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
4th is a success, as we came 6th before, and are in europe and above the yams. but it wont feel like a success.

Ell_Chrisso
05-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Unless we draw tonight that is. :wink:

Very true! lol! :thumbsup:

basehibby
05-05-2010, 01:53 PM
4th place would signal a successful season IMO.

5th would be mildly successful on paper, but a failure considering where we were a couple of months back. 5th would leave us dependent on Dundee Utd to get into Europe when it should be in our own hands.

6th would unquestionably be a failure - the objective at the beginning of the season is surely to show progress and 6th place shows none.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2010, 01:56 PM
:confused::confused:

Total contradiction there. Had we won 8 or maybe even 6 then i might agree.
This is not a bad run, it's freefall. So how can anyone say, in any way, it has been good???

It's not a contradiction - he says that still having European qualification in our own hands despite such a poor run shows that over the whole season we've been decent.

Of course the good stuff's being discounted which may cloud some judgements.

erskine-hibby
05-05-2010, 02:08 PM
It's not a contradiction - he says that still having European qualification in our own hands despite such a poor run shows that over the whole season we've been decent.

Of course the good stuff's being discounted which may cloud some judgements.

What good stuff???

The first half of the season we were gash. We scraped wins against the likes of St Johnstone. Had it not been for Riordan and stokes (the only good thing Yogi has done IMHO) we would be facing a relegation battle.
With the squad we have we should easily be in 4th or 3rd, or even pushing for second, but as it is we are hanging on by the skin of our teeth not to finish 6th.
Thank ****** for the split.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2010, 02:16 PM
What good stuff???

The first half of the season we were gash. We scraped wins against the likes of St Johnstone. Had it not been for Riordan and stokes (the only good thing Yogi has done IMHO) we would be facing a relegation battle.
With the squad we have we should easily be in 4th or 3rd, or even pushing for second, but as it is we are hanging on by the skin of our teeth not to finish 6th.
Thank ****** for the split.

The majority of the season we were challenging Celtic and went on a long unbeaten run. That's being rubbished because we only scraped 3-0 wins against the likes of St Johnstone?!

The squad we have? How many of those guys would get a game for Celtic, Rangers or Dundee United? I reckon 3.

As for the split saving us - I don't think any of the bottom 6 could've matched our points total even if there had been no split?

BTW I agree if we never had Stokes and Riordan we'd be struggling but then again any team that played with 9 men every week would struggle.:wink: