PDA

View Full Version : Question What are your Close Season plans?

Keith_M
04-05-2010, 12:58 PM
OK, once the season's over (let's generously presume that's this coming Sunday :wink:), what are your plans to pass the time until August?

HibbyAndy
04-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Watch the world cup and get pished every other night.

Allant1981
04-05-2010, 01:02 PM
yip prob watch the world cup, go on holiday, wish it was the start of another crap season

Mon Dieu4
04-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Enjoy myself & not be depressed mainly

Teo10
04-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Watch the world cup, enjoy a full weekend without seeing hibs get beat put a downer on things:greengrin

Sir David Gray
04-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Watch the World Cup and I'm off to Wimbledon again as well.

H18sry
04-05-2010, 01:16 PM
A bit of this http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=176874 A bit of that http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=170967 A bit of world cup a bit of golf copious Saturdays out on the pop :thumbsup:

M8UDB
04-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Watch the world cup, going to Singapore and Malaysia for a month. Hopefully Man Utd will be playing in Malaysia again this close season, ill go watch that and plenty golf if we get a summer :agree:

danhibees1875
04-05-2010, 01:31 PM
World cup and get a job for the summer along with no more weekend long states of depression. :greengrin

lyonhibs
04-05-2010, 01:32 PM
World Cup, Golf, probably a week in France. Mainly just pray that we actually get a discernible "Summer" :pray:

andrew70
04-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Watch the world cup, going to Singapore and Malaysia for a month. Hopefully Man Utd will be playing in Malaysia again this close season, ill go watch that and plenty golf if we get a summer :agree:

Malaysia is a fantastic country. My girlfriends parents took me there in 2007. Best holiday I've ever had would love to go back. Just need to save up.

Think United are going to America/Canada though. I have friends who are supposedly going to see United vs Celtic in Toronto.

Sylar
04-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Work will continue to destroy my will to live, but golf will soon pick me right back up again. The World Cup will also add to a summer which promises to be action packed, with the promise of watching the final (hopefully featuring us, though I doubt it) in Mexico.

Hopefully a cheeky wee hibs.net golf outing can be arranged somewhere in there too :agree:

TheMentalHibees
04-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Get pished.

James70
04-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Start to enjoy my weekends again!

California-Hibs
04-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Off to Gran Canaria for 10 days in June, will watch the world cup while im there cheering on the two teams England play! :greengrin

heretoday
04-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Can't get too excited about the WC for some reason.

I'll try and get out more, get fitter and cut down the drinking.

Andy74
04-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Probably reading every day until the window closes about how Hibs are doing nothing about signing players and that it is probably because Petrie is too tight to pay people until he really has to until the end of August.

Then how whatever signings we do make are not Hibs class and how everyone else is signing worldbeaters that we should have been signing.

No different to any other summer really.

vahibbie
04-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Watch the World Cup.
Wait for my redundancy package:thumbsup:
Sell ma hoose.

Hopefully relocated back to Scotland by Christmas so I can watch our pishy team in the flesh rather than HibsTV

Bayern Bru
04-05-2010, 04:53 PM

You lucky bassa. I'm part Malaysian myself but I've only been the once.
:boo hoo:

Have a great time though :thumbsup:

As for me? I'll be starring in a TV series and working on my memoirs.

Bayern Bru
04-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Watch the World Cup.
Wait for my redundancy package:thumbsup:
Sell ma hoose.

Hopefully relocated back to Scotland by Christmas so I can watch our pishy team in the flesh rather than HibsTV

Together we're stronger indeed. Nice to see a Hibee coming back. :thumbsup:

(You poor sod!:greengrin)

Barney McGrew
04-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Hopefully watching Engerlund getting pumped out of the WC at the earliest opportunity

we are hibs
04-05-2010, 04:56 PM
watch world cup see who hibs sign

see how bad hearts debt gets to:wink:

Big_D
04-05-2010, 05:00 PM
7 Weeks from now i'll be sitting in Newcastle airport having a drink or two (volcano permitting) before flying to Antalya on ma hols :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
04-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Start to enjoy my weekends again!

:greengrin

Probably reading every day until the window closes about how Hibs are doing nothing about signing players and that it is probably because Petrie is too tight to pay people until he really has to until the end of August.

Then how whatever signings we do make are not Hibs class and how everyone else is signing worldbeaters that we should have been signing.

No different to any other summer really.

It's a transition man :greengrin

Work will continue to destroy my will to live, but golf will soon pick me right back up again. The World Cup will also add to a summer which promises to be action packed, with the promise of watching the final (hopefully featuring us, though I doubt it) in Mexico.

Hopefully a cheeky wee hibs.net golf outing can be arranged somewhere in there too :agree:

:thumbsup:

.Sean.
04-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Watch the WC. Ghana all the way :greengrin

Two weeks off work for the trades, so a 14 day bender basically. Not going on holiday. Was planning Rockness but i'm at college that week an I can't take it off as I have my trade test on the friday. Dissapointing, but that's the way it goes.

Summer time also means Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the lash :party:

And if by some miracle this bunch of bottlers scrape into an early qualifying round for the Europa I may well take a trip abroad. Not holding my breath on that one though.

bod
04-05-2010, 05:54 PM
watch as many world cup games as possible
draw up a "for" & "against" list about if i should renew my season ticket

Albanian Hibs
04-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Watch every single game of the World Cup :cup:
Await my green card :worried:
Get a job when my green card arrives :yawn:
Celebrate my 30th birthday :drunk:
Enjoy the Alaskan summer :smug:
Drink lots of $2 a pint beer :rockin:

blackpoolhibs
04-05-2010, 06:05 PM
I will be preparing for our European trips, hopefully somewhere hot, so i can show off my Yogi hughes tattoo's i'm having done to my back, legs and chest.

greenlex
04-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Gonna golf myself silly.

seanraff07
04-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Enjoy weekends without Hibs ruining them.

Calvin
04-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Work as much as possible.

Watch the World Cup.

Go to T in the Park.

Take up golf again.

Hopefully grab a weekend in Berlin as well.

Bristolhibby
04-05-2010, 08:16 PM
World Cup, cheering ABE. A week in the Dordogne with the family, then A couple of days in Stockholm for the Scotland friendly.

ArabHibee
04-05-2010, 08:29 PM
You lucky bassa. I'm part Malaysian myself but I've only been the once.
:boo hoo:

Have a great time though :thumbsup:

As for me? I'll be starring in a TV series and working on my memoirs.

Big Brother or Come Dine With Me or Queer Eye for The Straight Guy?

RIP
04-05-2010, 09:34 PM
I'll be helping the sing dance make some noise go **** in mental campaign

MoscowHibs
04-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Get blitzed on Keo,watch the world cup and lend my support to Englands opponents, swim in the med.Simples

Bayern Bru
05-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Big Brother or Come Dine With Me or Queer Eye for The Straight Guy?

:soapbox:

Can't stand reality TV shows. :greengrin

I don't know, you make a throwaway comment and people take you literally...
:wink:

An Leargaidh
05-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Hopefully watching Engerlund getting pumped out of the WC at the earliest opportunity

Watch out mate, Grampian Police will be at your door with comments like that! :greengrin

An Leargaidh
05-05-2010, 02:34 AM
Between the final whistle on Sunday and the first kick off of the new season I won't be doing anything as great sounding as some of the other folk that have posted replies :boo hoo:

I'll guess I'd like to spend the summer doing the following:

working too hard (only kidding but I probably will anyway :bitchy: )
maybe going to Ireland for a week :thumbsup:
going to some of the summer friendly matches wherever they might be :agree:
finish the garage I've building for about 5 years... :rolleyes:
learn another language probably French :top marks
snog someone I shouldn't :cool2:
enjoy a few pints of Guinness (preferably in Ireland cause it always tastes better there) :bevvied!:
if all the above fail do a bunk to the USA... :bye:

bathhibby
05-05-2010, 05:15 AM
1. Get my knee operated on
2 Go to Antigua for my Hols
3 Watch the England WC buble burst
4 Go to Stockholm to watch Scotland
5 Start planning my pre-season friendlies
6 Enjoy my weekends

Phil MaGlass
05-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Watch engurrland get pumped in WC,miss Sweden due to moving house and watch Hibs play their pre-seaason in Holland:thumbsup:

Betty Boop
05-05-2010, 09:56 AM
I will be preparing for our European trips, hopefully somewhere hot, so i can show off my Yogi hughes tattoo's i'm having done to my back, legs and chest.

:faf:

Chuckie
05-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Go to Denmark to watch the World Cup and cheer on The Danes.
Roskilde Festival.
Do work with cancer patients.
Listen to The Smiths and Morrissey a lot.
Shave more often.