PDA

View Full Version : Lap of "honour"

The Sea-gull
03-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Usually the team walks around the pitch directly after the last home game of the season irrespective of how things have gone that season.

This has certainly happened the last 5 years or so anyway.

I left before FT on Saturday (I know, I'm a terrible fan :yawn::wink:) - I'm guessing this "tradition" didn't happen this year?

Even Liverpool did one yesterday after the season they have had!

hibee_girl
03-05-2010, 04:21 PM
The players went straight up the tunnel after the game on Saturday, think they knew having a 'lap of honour' after what had just happened wasn't the smartest idea.

greenlex
03-05-2010, 04:23 PM
With only three stands they couldnt complete a lap so didnt bother. Nothing to see here move along now.

Bayern Bru
03-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Usually the team walks around the pitch directly after the last home game of the season irrespective of how things have gone that season.

I left before FT on Saturday (I know, I'm a terrible fan :yawn::wink:) - I'm guessing this "tradition" didn't happen this year?

Apart from Benji who had a jolly old chuckle with Bouzid on the pitch in front of the West Stand, the rest of the players and Yogi vanished rapidly.

hibs0666
03-05-2010, 04:28 PM
We had a walk of shame instead.

Cropley10
03-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Were they still having a laugh and a carry on in the warm down?

Bayern Bru
03-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Were they still having a laugh and a carry on in the warm down?

Did anyone actually stay long enough to see?
I hope to god they weren't.

skipster7
03-05-2010, 04:35 PM

:fishin:

Atalanta
03-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Most ran off the pitch as quickly as they could. Says it all.

Having said that most of the Hibs fans had already left as well.

Disc O'Dave
03-05-2010, 09:28 PM
I would imagine that the fact that opposition fans were kept in until we had left, due to the shared south stand situation, would have prevented a lap of honour in any case.

heidtheba
03-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Wasn't it Billy Connolly who said of Scotland "Its the only team in the world that does a lap of dishonour"?

Wouldn't have been a smart move on the players part given another cave in but its always good to know when players realise who is helping pay their wages.

seanraff07
04-05-2010, 12:20 AM
That would have been as unsuccessful as our cup parade around the pitch was back in April 2007 when Hearts beat us 1-0.