PDA

View Full Version : Who should be our goalie?

hibsbollah
03-05-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm a firm believer that you have to give a goalie a good run of games to let him bed in and let the defence get used to playing with him. Assuming he gets this, who should it be?

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 02:00 PM
i voted for stack but would like to have seen brown play before he got injured. to be honest they are prob all about the same level

seanraff07
03-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Went for Smith, can't go for Brown as i haven't saw him play for us yet so can't really have an opinion.

andrew70
03-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Mark Brown will be our number one next year.

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 02:03 PM
I voted for Stack. I have not seen Brown, so cant comment on his ability yet.

Phil MaGlass
03-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Saw Smith only a couple of times and he had a mare IMO against the hertz, Gie me Brown lets see how he copes.

HibbyAndy
03-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Mark Brown for me.

Im 99% certain he will start as our no1 goalkeeper next season.

RickyS
03-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Mark Brown for me.

Im 99% certain he will start as our no1 goalkeeper next season.

I hope so, think he is an excellent keeper and he is due a chance

HibbyAndy
03-05-2010, 03:06 PM
I hope so, think he is an excellent keeper and he is due a chance

Defo :agree:

PeterboroHibee
03-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Voted Maka as never seen Brown play in a Hibs shirt (would like to see him get his chance though). Still think hes better than Stack and Smith, sure plenty of people wont agree but just my opinion.

Bayern Bru
03-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Where's the 'Gianluigi Buffon' option?

:cool2:

hibsbollah
03-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Interesting theres nothing to choose in votes between the Fab Four...

Dashing Bob S
03-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Maka. Tempted to say Brown, but only because I haven't seem him. However I'm too traumatised by Si to contemplate another Brown between the sticks right now. Who can forget his classic performance versus tthe Huns at ER?

hibsbollah
03-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Maka. Tempted to say Brown, but only because I haven't seem him. However I'm too traumatised by Si to contemplate another Brown between the sticks right now. Who can forget his classic performance versus tthe Huns at ER?

Poor old Simon. He pulled off one of the best saves ive ever seen at Ibrox in the 3-0 Cup win. No-one remembers that anymore, the poor fat lump:boo hoo:

CMac1988
03-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I picked smith in that before the derby he hadn't really put a foot wrong. Although all of our keepers - with the exception of Brown as I've yet to see him play (for us), are about even keel. Some positives and negatives for each.

Would like to see one of them root their position as our favoured keeper though. Choping and changing goalies every couple of games isn't exactly going to boost confidence for either themselves, or us as supporters.

Stability in-between the sticks is what we need. Less injuries would help too of-course :wink:.

hibee_girl
03-05-2010, 04:28 PM
I went for Maka, I still think he was dropped too rashly after the Rangers game at Christmas.

Stack doesn't fill me with confidence and Smith has lost some fairly easy goals lately and I haven't seen Brown in action yet

Mikeystewart
03-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Where is the option for Iker Casillas? :dummytit:

NOLA
03-05-2010, 04:35 PM
i went for Team Maka.

Jack
03-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Where is the option for Iker Casillas? :dummytit:

A Real eccentric for the conservatives to get their knickers in a twist about.

--------
04-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Poor old Simon. He pulled off one of the best saves ive ever seen at Ibrox in the 3-0 Cup win. No-one remembers that anymore, the poor fat lump:boo hoo:

And he gave away possibly the stupidest goal in history in the game Bob's thinking of....

I vote Magic Maka. We've done nothing good since Yogi dropped him.

BAD MOVE, Yogi! :tsk tsk:

hibee_girl
04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Interesting that Maka is winning the poll so far

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Interesting that Maka is winning the poll so far

:agree: The 95% are out in force!

Nish was right!

bawheid
04-05-2010, 10:20 AM
:agree: The 95% are out in force!

Nish was right!

:agree: I voted Maka too.

Oh, wait...

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2010, 11:44 AM
:agree: I voted Maka too.

Oh, wait...

The grass isn't always greener.

Franck is God
04-05-2010, 11:48 AM
I chose Maka as I think he's the best keeper at the club but I full expect him to leave in the summer.

I do think that Mark Brown has been signed as our long term number one though and has just been unfortunate to pick up an injury at a time where he might have gotten a chance.

bawheid
04-05-2010, 12:26 PM
The grass isn't always greener.

Spot on. Those who were clamouring for Maka to be dropped in place of Stack/Smith/Brown/anyone must surely see that now.

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Spot on. Those who were clamouring for Maka to be dropped in place of Stack/Smith/Brown/anyone must surely see that now.

I wouldn't have thought so. I think everyone conceded that a keeper can make a mistake every now and again - consistency is the key. And I don't mean consistent clangers.

Allant1981
04-05-2010, 12:45 PM

Dont think there is much between stack, smith or maka. They have all had good games and bad games. Cant see smith being dropped for the well game and dont think there is much point in changing the goalkeeper yet again

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Dont think there is much between stack, smith or maka. They have all had good games and bad games. Cant see smith being dropped for the well game and dont think there is much point in changing the goalkeeper yet again

I don't think there's much between Smith and Stack - although I'd probably favour Stack based on more game time and less mistakes. Between Smith/Stack and Maka there is consistency - when Maka plays well he's excellent, when he doesn't he's awful and that happened too often when he played for us.

HibeeUnderwood
04-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Stack

Hands down :agree:

But that doesn't mean I don't rate the others, I just like Stack the most and think he's the best.

basehibby
04-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Even though Smith was arguably at fault in the derby loss, he's looked to be the most solid all round keeper in the games I've see this season so he gets my shout.

Stack is pretty solid but his kicking and distribution has been absolutely dreadful at times (eg. cost us a goal at home to Celtic recently).

Outside of his reputation as a good experienced keeper, Brown is an unknown quantity to me so the jury's still out on him for me.

Maka has had a couple of years to prove himself and still hasn't ironed out his tendency to make random howlers - so his time at Hibs is up IMO.