PDA

View Full Version : Please let this be true

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:08 AM
02 May 2010 18:52:41
Hibernian F.C have this afternoon sacked their manager John Hughes, assistant Brian Rice will remain at club for last two remaining games, official statement by club will be released tomorrow morning.

It is understood recent poor results and form has contributed to his dismissal.

I dont usually go for rumours on the Football Transfer News site, but please let this be true :sofa:

Beefster
03-05-2010, 09:10 AM
If it had been true, it would have leaked out by now.

ArabHibee
03-05-2010, 09:11 AM
:yawn::yawn::yawn:
Posted last night?

Barney McGrew
03-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Managers who are sacked generally don't turn up to club functions later the same evening :cool2:

NAE NOOKIE
03-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Hibernian F.C have this afternoon sacked their manager John Hughes, assistant Brian Rice will remain at club for last two remaining games, official statement by club will be released tomorrow morning.

I dont usually go for rumours on the Football Transfer News site, but please let this be true :sofa:

Given that its now past 10:00 on the 3rd and nothing about it anywhere else.

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:14 AM
:yawn::yawn::yawn:
Posted last night?

Maybe the poster got a head of himself...Should have waited until after the Motherwell game.

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2010, 09:17 AM

Turns out it’s pish. Next we’ll be hearing we’re interested in signing Cilian Sheridan!

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Turns out it’s pish. Next we’ll be hearing we’re interested in signing Cilian Sheridan!

Better than Colin "Pish" Nish...then again who isn't.

ArabHibee
03-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Maybe the poster got a head of himself...Should have waited until after the Motherwell game.

So you'll be creaming yourself if we get beat on Wednesday then?

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:20 AM
So you'll be creaming yourself if we get beat on Wednesday then?

Mate can you honestly see us winning another game under this clown :bitchy:

Hainan Hibs
03-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Just got my hopes up there:boo hoo:

ArabHibee
03-05-2010, 09:24 AM

I've written this season off tbh. Start again with a clean slate in August and see what happen's between then and New Year.

berwickhibee
03-05-2010, 09:25 AM

i can:wink: why not?? motherwell and dundee united away,a win and a draw from a positive hibby:wink::thumbsup:

was yogi a clown a few months ago??

Toaods
03-05-2010, 09:26 AM
should this thread not get an Admin delete marked....'Substantiated PISH'.

yekimevol
03-05-2010, 09:27 AM
never believe rumors unless its on bbc,skysport and when its confirmed on the offical website

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Better than Colin "Pish" Nish...then again who isn't.

:hilarious You're definitely in the 95%.

HibbyAndy
03-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Hibs can beat Mothwerwell on Wednesday night, why the hell not? we have gave them a right few pastings there over the years.

Im not writing this season of just yet, 4th place and a european place is well and truly alive, Wether we are pish or not doesnt matter we CAN go to Fir park and take there scalp.

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:28 AM
I've written this season off tbh. Start again with a clean slate in August and see what happen's between then and New Year.

What under the same clueless manager, under the same players that dont seem to care anymore, he has had two transfer windows to sort out what was required and he failed in both of them, he has had the backing from the board that no other manager got, had more funds too...

Clean slate :blah::blah::blah: Get rid now and bring in a manager with plenty of experience, get shot of the non triers IMHO.

Bayern Bru
03-05-2010, 09:30 AM

Did you write that one yourself? :wink:

There's another rumour there with someone saying they got a text saying Hughes has been sacked, but it'll be pish. Bath of beans, trams etc. if he's sacked today :agree:

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:31 AM
i can:wink: why not?? motherwell and dundee united away,a win and a draw from a positive hibby:wink::thumbsup:

Mate Yogi was a clown from day one, i for one never wanted him appointed in the first place, what a manager that saved Falkirk from being relagated...Big deal.

Nae chance we will win any more games, i said this after the split, some of you need to take off your Yogi tinted glasses, Yogi good man, good Hibs man, Nice guy, but manager of Hibs :bitchy: Seems to ring a bell that Mixu maybe.

HibbyAndy
03-05-2010, 09:32 AM

My couch has 3 cushions..the yin in your smilie only has 2 :hmmm:

HibbyAndy
03-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Mate Yogi was a clown from day one, i for one never wanted him appointed in the first place, what a manager that saved Falkirk from being relagated...Big deal.

Nae chance we will win any more games, i said this after the split, some of you need to take off your Yogi tinted glasses, Yogi good man, good Hibs man, Nice guy, but manager of Hibs :bitchy: Seems to ring a bell that Mixu maybe.

Theres always a chance, Motherwell just got papped 4-0 at the weekend.

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:33 AM

There's another rumour there with someone saying they got a text saying Hughes has been sacked, but it'll be pish. Bath of beans, trams etc. if he's sacked today :agree :faf:

Removed
03-05-2010, 09:34 AM
What under the same clueless manager, under the same players that dont seem to care anymore, he has had two transfer windows to sort out what was required and he failed in both of them, he has had the backing from the board that no other manager got, had more funds too...

Clean slate :blah::blah::blah: Get rid now and bring in a manager with plenty of experience, get shot of the non triers IMHO.

How on earth did you actually manage to get back on here :bitchy:

Salford isn't far enough

SalfordHibs
My couch has 3 cushions..the yin in your smilie only has 2 :hmmm: You posh man :wink:

500miles

You're DEFINATELY in the 95%. And I'm not even being tounge in cheek.

Do some people actually think about the things they type?

HibbyAndy
03-05-2010, 09:35 AM
You posh man :wink:

:greengrin

Bayern Bru
My couch has 3 cushions..the yin in your smilie only has 2 :hmmm:

How can you fit a 3-seater couch in your caravan? :bitchy:

PETRIE!

SalfordHibs
How on earth did you actually manage to get back on here :bitchy:

Salford isn't far enough

Truth hurt mate :agree:

Checkout the vote for Yogi out...are we all wrong that voted YES

:bye:

Removed
03-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Truth hurt mate :agree:

Checkout the vote for Yogi out...are we all wrong that voted YES

:bye:

What truth. You post the biggest pile of :******:I have ever seen

Jack
03-05-2010, 09:38 AM

Yup :agree:

andrew70
03-05-2010, 09:39 AM

S, hows it going mate? Yogi ain't a clown and I don't blame him for all of this the players must take the majority of the blame seeing as they look like they give a *****. I believe we can win our next two games the Motherwell game is most important win that then we face a united side looking towards the cup final.

In that case you need to take away your obivous want for Yogi to do badly and take a look at everything. yes things aren't right but to only blame the manager have a word? This season may well be a right off in the end but lets see what happens through the summer when Yogi gets rid of the deadwood and brings in better players.

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:39 AM

There's another rumour there with someone saying they got a text saying Hughes has been sacked, but it'll be pish. Bath of beans, trams etc. if he's sacked today :agree:

Fair enough mate, no i never posted this up, and i dont post on that site, after Saturday's poor result alot of fans have turned on him now, i seen this on that site and i was trying to see if the so called people in the know on here knew anything you the know :wink: posters when they post up about players coming to ER.

Removed
03-05-2010, 09:41 AM

Aye, but you still have a cup final to look forward too :wink:

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:41 AM
S, hows it going mate? Yogi ain't a clown and I don't blame him for all of this the players must take the majority of the blame seeing as they look like they give a *****. I believe we can win our next two games the Motherwell game is most important win that then we face a united side looking towards the cup final.

In that case you need to take away your obivous want for Yogi to do badly and take a look at everything. yes things aren't right but to only blame the manager have a word? This season may well be a right off in the end but lets see what happens through the summer when Yogi gets rid of the deadwood and brings in better players.

So what is the manager's job, is it not to have a plan B when things aren't working out, is it not to make the correct subs when we are winning games, Have a word...Indeed

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:44 AM
What truth. You post the biggest pile of :******:I have ever seen

And the Happy Clapper award goes to :greengrin

Bayern Bru
03-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Fair enough mate, no i never posted this up, and i dont post on that site, after Saturday's poor result alot of fans have turned on him now, i seen this on that site and i was trying to see if the so called people in the know on here knew anything you the know :wink: posters when they post up about players coming to ER.

What I don't understand is that people have been suggesting that Yogi should be sacked since the 5-1 defeat in Perth. I don't know why this rumour would have any more substance than the rest of them, when there's still all to play for in terms of getting into Europe.

(Technically, at least. :greengrin)

ArabHibee
03-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Aye, but you still have a cup final to look forward too :wink:
:whistle:

andrew70
03-05-2010, 09:50 AM
aye it is, but thats where the problem lies, there isn't anyone on the bench who I believe is good enough to change things.

Benji - tried and tried again with him, skilful player but not interested. Gow - unfit, Galbraith - yes, scored the winner at Parkhead and granted not given much of a chance since. Stevenson and Cregg - not good enough.

Aside from maybe 14 players the rest of the squad isn't good enough and what could Yogi do with these players. Yogi's biggest error is the lack of priority signings in January ie a right back, a centre half and a midfielder but January isn't easy to bring in the right type of players. Give him the summer let him mould a team and rid the squad of some of the ******* we've got just now and judge him then.

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:53 AM
aye it is, but thats where the problem lies, there isn't anyone on the bench who I believe is good enough to change things.

Benji - tried and tried again with him, skilful player but not interested. Gow - unfit, Galbraith - yes, scored the winner at Parkhead and granted not given much of a chance since. Stevenson and Cregg - not good enough.

Aside from maybe 14 players the rest of the squad isn't good enough and what could Yogi do with these players. Yogi's biggest error is the lack of priority signings in January ie a right back, a centre half and a midfielder but January isn't easy to bring in the right type of players. Give him the summer let him mould a team and rid the squad of some of the ******* we've got just now and judge him then.

Benji would have gave us something different to Nish's lack of contribution, mate the players dont even look fit, is that not up to the manager to get players up to being fully fit, too many are blowing out their arse after 60mins in a match.

It was the managers job to bring in the players required to fill in our weakest positions but he failed on them both.

Why until the summer though, get rid now or it will be a relegation formation for next season IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 09:55 AM

I agree mostly with your post, apart from the 14 players bit. I dont think we have that many, 8 at the most, the rest imho are poor to average.

Bayern Bru
03-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Benji would have gave us something different to Nish's lack of contribution, mate the players dont even look fit, is that not up to the manager to get players up to being fully fit, too many are blowing out their arse after 60mins in a match.

It was the managers job to bring in the players required to fill in our weakest positions but he failed on them both.

He tried to sign Barr and Hart, but failed. I don't think it was for the want of trying. Yes he brought in another keeper and a forward, but as we don't know his plans for the summer perhaps he was planning early.

I think we need to wait and see. You can never be 100% that Benji is going to improve a game, and that's the problem. Also in terms of players looking unfit, it's the first time in a long time that some of them e.g. Miller have played a full season and it's something of a burn-out.

It's frustrating but I don't see what else we can do apart from giving him a chance to do his thing.

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:57 AM
I agree mostly with your post, apart from the 14 players bit. I dont think we have that many, 8 at the most, the rest imho are poor to average.

BH were you not the one posting Mixu is this Mixu is that, get rid of him etc...I cant see anything different in Yogi to Mixu to be honest.

Bayern Bru
03-05-2010, 09:58 AM
BH were you not the one posting Mixu is this Mixu is that, get rid of him etc...I cant see anything different in Yogi to Mixu to be honest.

Nationality?

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 09:59 AM

:top marks

BH has more faces than the town hall clock.

Absolutely nothing has changed from Mixu's tenure to Yogi's.

andrew70
03-05-2010, 10:00 AM

Yes I agree the fittest levels are terrible and there has to be something done about that. And I have already said that Yogi's biggest error was the failure to bring in the correct players. But as far as I am aware he did try with the likes of Michael Hart, David Gray and Russell Anderson. Hughes is well aware of certain problems within ER and the squad and this will be sorted out in the summer. Of that I am sure.

Whilst I dont agree with you that Yogi is a clown I do share your sense of disappointment about the way this season has turned out but I dont think you can just blame that on one guy. Yogi is not a mug and will, if given a chance, sort this out. We are not playing well, we all know that, but its his first season in charge.

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 10:00 AM
He tried to sign Barr and Hart, but failed. I don't think it was for the want of trying. Yes he brought in another keeper and a forward, but as we don't know his plans for the summer perhaps he was planning early.

I think we need to wait and see. You can never be 100% that Benji is going to improve a game, and that's the problem. Also in terms of players looking unfit, it's the first time in a long time that some of them e.g. Miller have played a full season and it's something of a burn-out.

It's frustrating but I don't see what else we can do apart from giving him a chance to do his thing.

So if we dont win any of the last two games or even draw any and the Yams get Europe will that be acceptable to any of you, will you still be giving it oh give him until the Summer nonsense then?

Hermit Crab
03-05-2010, 10:01 AM

What a load of *****e,your actually hoping for a Yogis career to end. Cmon thats harsh. What if your job was on the line and people were hounding you about your performances,you wouldnt like it would you.

DaveF
03-05-2010, 10:01 AM
I was firmly in the Hughes camp, but after the last few weeks, I'm now only just about in support of him staying on.

So as far as I'm concerned, he has the summer to boot out the slackers, bring in some solid never say die pro's and get a positive team spirit instilled into his squad.

If we get off to a terrible start next season, then get shot of him.

This current run we are on is truly shocking, but we went something like 11 unbeaten at the start of the season so it's not all lost. But he has to get it right over the summer or he will lose the whole support and then his position becomes completely untenable.

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Nationality?

:faf: :thumbsup:

Eaststand
03-05-2010, 10:02 AM

I disagree with you, but you're as much entitled to an opinion as I am, but just out of curiosity why did you think Yogi was a clown before he was appointed as our Manager ?
Every Hibby I know was happy when he got he job cos he'd served his time learning the trade as manager of Falkirk and looked ready to take us forward. I really don't know what the stats say about what he did as manager at Falkirk, but I seem to recall they qualified for a SC final and Europe with nae real budget for players, and from folks I talk to (even other clubs fans) the general belief is that he did ok at Falkirk.

I'm a season ticket holder and I've just paid another 400 quid to renew. I'm as hacked of as any of the 'Yogi must go' crowd, but despite me being hacked off like most other Hibbies, I still reckon he deserves another transfer window and close season to get it sorted..If he sorts the problem and hooks the tossers then we'll all be happy eh
IF he can't sort the probs, he'll know and we'll know by Nov/Dec and then we'd need to look for another manager....but as the saying goes, Rome wasni built in a day etc etc

C'mon Yogi, prove all the critics wrong and be absolutely ruthless clearing out the bunch of twats that are not fit to wear the jersey

GGTTH

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 10:03 AM
What a load of *****e,your actually hoping for a Yogis career to end. Cmon thats harsh.

I dont wish it on anyone mate, but changes need to be done, the quicker the better IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 10:03 AM

I will type this slowly, just so you understand once and for all. You may not see anything different, but i do. I saw enough from the start of the season, til the middle of february, to suggest to me, he will get it right.

andrew70
03-05-2010, 10:04 AM

Yeah, fair enough, thats probably closer to the mark. This is where the problem lies though and I think Yogi knows this and whislt there is a need for improved quality he needs to get rid of at least ten players and maybe bring in 7 or 8 to freshen things up, improve the squad and reduce the numbers. I think we've got a squad of 26 or 27 just now, ideally we'll have 24 with at least 18 good enough for the first team supplementd by youngsters like Byrne, Booth, Taggart etc.

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 10:05 AM
I will type this slowly, just so you understand once and for all. You may not see anything different, but i do. I saw enough from the start of the season, til the middle of february, to suggest to me, he will get it right.

What exactly have you seen that suggests he will get it right?

Bayern Bru
03-05-2010, 10:06 AM
So if we dont win any of the last two games or even draw any and the Yams get Europe will that be acceptable to any of you, will you still be giving it oh give him until the Summer nonsense then?

Acceptable? I never said that at all. For a team to be seemingly a shoe-in for European football to then crumble and go into free-fall whilst other teams are doing the business is worrying. There's obviously something going on but I don't think it's entirely down to John Hughes.

Personally, I don't think we'll win either of our remaining games and I think Europe is a distant possibility. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Can you imagine the current Hibs team in Europe? But yes, I'd be saying, give him the chance to build his team and have a good pre-season and then address the problems. If it's like this next season then I'm pretty sure my opinion will change.

Hermit Crab
I dont wish it on anyone mate, but changes need to be done, the quicker the better IMHO.

Craig levein and PH didnt get Dundee utd to where they are in 1 season it took atleast 3, good example of what can happen if gaffers are given time to do the job. Instant success isnt going to happen.

The Voice Of Reason

I agree with BH on this. :agree: If that means I am in the minority then fair enough.

Yogi Must stay.

Hibs Till I Die ! :devil:

down the slope
03-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Hughes has just said last weekend that he does not need many changes to the squad !, either he is in cloud cuckoo land or he has been told he is getting very little cash over the summer. This could be Rod has had a look at the ST uptake and had a bad turn or it could be that he is forcing Hughes to walk as Collins and Mixu did.

ArabHibee
03-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Craig levein and PH didnt get Dundee utd to where they are in 1 season it took atleast 3, good example of what can happen if gaffers are given time to do the job. Instant success isnt going to happen.

:agree:

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 10:13 AM
I disagree with you, but you're as much entitled to an opinion as I am, but just out of curiosity why did you think Yogi was a clown before he was appointed as our Manager ?
Every Hibby I know was happy when he got he job cos he'd served his time learning the trade as manager of Falkirk and looked ready to take us forward. I really don't know what the stats say about what he did as manager at Falkirk, but I seem to recall they qualified for a SC final and Europe with nae real budget for players, and from folks I talk to (even other clubs fans) the general belief is that he did ok at Falkirk.

I'm a season ticket holder and I've just paid another 400 quid ro renew. I'm as hacked of as any of the 'Yogi must go' crowd, but despite me being hacked off like most other Hibbies, I still reckon he deserves another transfer window and close season to get it sorted..If he sorts the problem and hooks the tossers then we'll all be happy eh
IF he can't sort the probs, he'll know and we'll know by Nov/Dec and then we'd need to look for another manager....but as the saying goes, Rome wasni built in a day etc etc

C'mon Yogi, prove all the critics wrong and be absolutely ruthless clearing out the bunch of twats that are not fit to wear the jersey

GGTTH

Never understood why people got so excitied by his appointment in the first place, what he played and captin'd the club he supports so he is the correct man for the job,

Why do you expect anything different in the next transfer window, say we dont win any of the last two games, both defeats do you honestly think our board will back him with the same sort of funds he has already wasted in the previous two windows.

Europe was only gifted due to the Scottish cup final nothing else, Falkirk were fighting against relegation, RP took the cheap option in appointing Yogi and it has failed once again, he doesn't have the team fit, he doesn't play players in their correct position, he has no plan B, had a team like Ross County watched 5 times yet still couldn't match their formations.

Sorry mate changes need to be done and the correct appointment needs to be brought in, someone with no ties to the club, someone with plenty of experience and know's the SPL.

berwickhibee

nothing to do with yogi tinted glasses bud.:confused:

i am a believer in giving the manager more than 1 season in a job,especially when we are comfortably in the top 6,still a point behind a european slot,and never even flirted with the bottom 6.

A manager who lost fletcher and jones as he came in the door(top scorer and captain) and replaced them with stokes and bamba dropped back to fill the void left by jones.

a manager who has been relatively succesful in the transfer market,stokes,stack,miller and mcbride have all done fine.

nobody wants success more than me,but in any walk of life,a manager needs more than a year to prove his worth,especially one who over acheived early in his reign,but admittedly has struggled the last period of the season(as every hibs manager i can remember has) i have seen numerous worse seasons and teams in the last 20 odd years,i think yogi deserves another season at least to try and improve on what he has done so far,loads of hibs fans have said to me that we should be fighting for europe every season,we are fighting for europe this season???

changing managers willy nilly never works,hibs as a club need stability and for me hughes and petrie can bring that.mon the cabbage.:thumbsup:

BoltonHibee

OK, BH, that was obviously too difficult.

Name one thing he has got right.

houston1875
03-05-2010, 10:14 AM
maybe next season,he'll learn from his mistakes and make changes during a game,when his tactics are being jimmy riddled on?

berwickhibee
03-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Never understood why people got so excitied by his appointment in the first place, what he played and captin'd the club he supports so he is the correct man for the job,

Why do you expect anything different in the next transfer window, say we dont win any of the last two games, both defeats do you honestly think our board will back him with the same sort of funds he has already wasted in the previous two windows.

Europe was only gifted due to the Scottish cup final nothing else, Falkirk were fighting against relegation, RP took the cheap option in appointing Yogi and it has failed once again, he doesn't have the team fit, he doesn't play players in their correct position, he has no plan B, had a team like Ross County watched 5 times yet still couldn't match their formations.

Sorry mate changes need to be done and the correct appointment needs to be brought in, someone with no ties to the club, someone with plenty of experience and know's the SPL.

someone like mark mcghee,calderwood,jefferies,etc:devil:

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
nothing to do with yogi tinted glasses bud.:confused:

i am a believer in giving the manager more than 1 season in a job,especially when we are comfortably in the top 6,still a point behind a european slot,and never even flirted with the bottom 6.

A manager who lost fletcher and jones as he came in the door(top scorer and captain) and replaced them with stokes and bamba dropped back to fill the void left by jones.

a manager who has been relatively succesful in the transfer market,stokes,stack,miller and mcbride have all done fine.

nobody wants success more than me,but in any walk of life,a manager needs more than a year to prove his worth,especially one who over acheived early in his reign,but admittedly has struggled the last period of the season(as every hibs manager i can remember has) i have seen numerous worse seasons and teams in the last 20 odd years,i think yogi deserves another season at least to try and improve on what he has done so far,loads of hibs fans have said to me that we should be fighting for europe every season,we are fighting for europe this season???

changing managers willy nilly never works,hibs as a club need stability and for me hughes and petrie can bring that.mon the cabbage.:thumbsup:

Funnily enough sticking with managers who clearly are not up to it, never works either!

andrew70
03-05-2010, 10:17 AM

No sure what BH would say but IMO he's been successful, to a point, in the transfer market bringing in Stokes, Miller, Stack and McBride generally all have improved the squad which was left without real quality when he first came in(Deeks and Zouma the obvius exceptions).

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 10:17 AM

I saw a team that won games coming from behind, i saw a team who played better than Mixu's. I saw a gritty determination, and a set of players who played for each other, and the manager. Then we got injuries to a couple of key men. McBride and Zemmama were integral to the way the 4-3-3 worked, couple that with the loss in form of Miller and Bamba, Wotherspoon early form dipping, it was probably a sure thing our form would dip.

Obviously i did not think it would be as bad as this, but again it only confirmed to me, the players in reserve were not, and never will be good enough.

BEEJ
03-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Presumably most of those '8' (at least 6) are Yogi's signings?

In which case the squad that Mixu left us with last year had only 4 players of any quality in it (assuming you regard Jones and Fletcher as two players of quality that left in the 2009 summer window). So the squad does have more quality in it today than a year ago - by a factor of two!.

Yet last season you were as vocal as anyone that the club's problems were entirely down to Mixu and that it was nothing to do with the quality of the players at his disposal.

And even Mixu could somehow fashion performances and results against 'them'.

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 10:20 AM

Start of the season we got lucky nothing else, we have played decent in 4 games all season...Has he got it right :bitchy:

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 10:21 AM
No sure what BH would say but IMO he's been successful, to a point, in the transfer market bringing in Stokes, Miller, Stack and McBride generally all have improved the squad which was left without real quality when he first came in(Deeks and Zouma the obvius exceptions).

Is he reallly getting the best out of those players?

I think changing the formation, would see us get far more out of Stokes. A goalie that will not come off his line is a liability, Stack is in that camp. Miller hit the ground running but has faded beyond recognition.

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Funnily enough sticking with managers who clearly are not up to it, never works either!

That's true Moray, Jamie rang me this morning, his team apparently want a new manager, trouble behind the scenes, managers lost the dressing room, they blew their chance to win the league last week. A few dodgy decisions by the guy in charge, was the difference he said. Not got a clue was the word on the street.:wink:

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 10:23 AM
someone like mark mcghee,calderwood,jefferies,etc:devil:

:bitchy:

George Burly

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 10:24 AM
I saw a team that won games coming from behind, i saw a team who played better than Mixu's. I saw a gritty determination, and a set of players who played for each other, and the manager. Then we got injuries to a couple of key men. McBride and Zemmama were integral to the way the 4-3-3 worked, couple that with the loss in form of Miller and Bamba, Wotherspoon early form dipping, it was probably a sure thing our form would dip.

Obviously i did not think it would be as bad as this, but again it only confirmed to me, the players in reserve were not, and never will be good enough.

Now you are taking the piss.

If McBride and Zemmama were integral to the formation, what has he done to accomodate their replacements by way of formation?

Eaststand
03-05-2010, 10:25 AM

Opinions eh, but I still disagree with you.

I seem to remember a lot of huns wanting to ditch Smith earlier this season....I bet if they were capable of sensible thoughts they'd look back and wonder if they were right ?..I don't like that lot at all, but they're now Scottish League Champions FFS

The history of fitba is littered with good managers 'nearly' getting the chop from a club, but a game or two later with a player or two arriving, somehow it clicks and onwards and upwards they go.
We've got a small playing squad with some very very limited players in the squad, and some decent ones too. All I'd say is we should give Yogi one more 'window' and close season then we can all judge his managerial efforts better....IMO it's stil too early to judge him.

GGTTH

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 10:26 AM
That's true Moray, Jamie rang me this morning, his team apparently want a new manager, trouble behind the scenes, managers lost the dressing room, they blew their chance to win the league last week. A few dodgy decisions by the guy in charge, was the difference he said. Not got a clue was the word on the street.:wink:

Not to mention getting dumped out the Cup in the Semi's to lower league opposition:boo hoo:

Promotion was the aim, and that has been secured. I will be having a clear out in the summer though to take the club to higher level:greengrin

andrew70
03-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Is he reallly getting the best out of those players?

I think changing the formation, would see us get far more out of Stokes. A goalie that will not come off his line is a liability, Stack is in that camp. Miller hit the ground running but has faded beyond recognition.

Stokes has scored 21 goals this season, that would suggest he's doing something right with him. I'll have to agree with you on Stack to be fair. Miller, though, is an outstanding player and people have to remember this is his first full season in two years. Miller has been carrying knocks since the middle of December and its to his testament that he's been carrying on wanting to give his all for the club. Disappointingly this has been to the detriment of his performances but Liam Miller is and will be a superb player for Hibernian. To me, Hibs are a work in progress and to sack Hughes now would take us further back than where we are now. He will get it right.

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Stokes has scored 21 goals this season, that would suggest he's doing something right with him. I'll have to agree with you on Stack to be fair. Miller, though, is an outstanding player and people have to remember this is his first full season in two years. Miller has been carrying knocks since the middle of December and its to his testament that he's been carrying on wanting to give his all for the club. Disappointingly this has been to the detriment of his performances but Liam Miller is and will be a superb player for Hibernian. To me, Hibs are a work in progress and to sack Hughes now would take us further back than where we are now. He will get it right.

21 is a great tally, but it could be so many more (that is not a dig at Stokes). I agree that Miller will be a great asset to us in the long run.

I admire your optimism about Hughes, but from what I have seen on the park I have to disagree.

I want change now as I fear next season with him in charge will be disasterous for the club.

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Not to mention getting dumped out the Cup in the Semi's to lower league opposition:boo hoo:

Promotion was the aim, and that has been secured. I will be having a clear out in the summer though to take the club to higher level:greengrin

Your season has followed a similar path to Yogi's, no wonder they want rid of you.:greengrin

PISTOL1875
03-05-2010, 10:36 AM
21 is a great tally, but it could be so many more (that is not a dig at Stokes). I agree that Miller will be a great asset to us in the long run.

I admire your optimism about Hughes, but from what I have seen on the park I have to disagree.

I want change now as I fear next season with him in charge will be disasterous for the club.

Thats spot on.. You have to remember that Miller hasn't had a pre-season and is most probably running on empty.. He can't be far away from burn-out.. Next season we will see a better Liam Miller....

Toaods
03-05-2010, 10:37 AM
couple that with the loss in form of Miller and Bamba, Wotherspoon early form dipping, it was probably a sure thing our form would dip.

so it was a sure thing and our back up isn't good enough.

Yup think everone can't disagree on that front.

However, Yogi did not strenghten when he had the opportunity and whether that was down to inexperience in a bigger money market or lack of nouse we may well find out in the next four months.

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Opinions eh, but I still disagree with you.

I seem to remember a lot of huns wanting to ditch Smith earlier this season....I bet if they were capable of sensible thoughts they'd look back and wonder if they were right ?..I don't like that lot at all, but they're now Scottish League Champions FFS

The history of fitba is littered with good managers 'nearly' getting the chop from a club, but a game or two later with a player or two arriving, somehow it clicks and onwards and upwards they go.
We've got a small playing squad with some very very limited players in the squad, and some decent ones too. All I'd say is we should give Yogi one more 'window' and close season then we can all judge his managerial efforts better....IMO it's stil too early to judge him.

GGTTH

Answer me this, Mixu got the bullet for a lack of poor results which is only right as your targeted on that being a manager, Hughes hasn't done a great deal better, Mixu managed results against the Yams, Hughes has failed on all accounts, so why shouldn't he be sacked?

andrew70
03-05-2010, 10:38 AM

Fair enough it's all about opinions. BH believe me I am hurting, just as much as you, at this current run but to blame one man for it all just doesn't sit right with me and that is why I believe he'll get it right.

He isn't a mug and if he felt he was getting it wrong he'd walk away. Change it now and six months down the line we're bottom of league what do we do then? Where does it all stop?? Its all hypothetical in reagrds to next season, lets see where we are in October or so beofre making rash decisions.

houston1875
03-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Thats spot on.. You have to remember that Miller hasn't had a pre-season and is most probably running on empty.. He can't be far away from burn-out.. Next season we will see a better Liam Miller....

Hope so,if Yogi still there he'll be needing a good full season fae Liam like,but if we lose Zouma and his creativity and he's not replaced i think people will be expecting a helluva lot more from Mr Miller? how many assists he got this season?

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 10:43 AM
so it was a sure thing and our back up isn't good enough.

Yup think everone can't disagree on that front.

However, Yogi did not strenghten when he had the opportunity and whether that was down to inexperience in a bigger money market or lack of nouse we may well find out in the next four months.

I thought we were pish last season, we then sold fletcher and jones. The team last season without those 2 imho would have been in a relegation fight. 1 season on, and we are challenging for a European place. For that alone, he deserves more time imho.

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 10:44 AM
I thought we were pish last season, we then sold fletcher and jones. The team last season without those 2 imho would have been in a relegation fight. 1 season on, and we are challenging for a European place. For that alone, he deserves more time imho.

:faf:

BT58
03-05-2010, 10:58 AM
when JH was in charge of falkirk, and when he played hibs, the majorityof the time he would have his team playing 4-4-2, playing a passing game, sometimes turning us over,,,,,,,,
what we witnessed under MP was yer basic HOOOOOF BALL
we ALL thought that under yogis leadership we would see a team playing the passing way,yet some of the games this season we have played like 4-2-4,[and dare i say HOOOF] was reintroduced,,,,what has happened to us!!!
RELEGATION has never been an issue for us this season,,,,, but we still go on this miserable run.
Its like, ive got 4 strikers, and im gonna play em all at once, the other team dinnae stand a chance!!!!
we`ll sorry john you`ve been sussed.
Theres now this statement coming from saturdays evening news stating he will only need one or two new players!!!!!!!!!!!
ffs get a grip,,,,if your happy with this team GOD HELP US
hb

BEEJ
03-05-2010, 11:08 AM

But this year we have, by your own admission, 8 players of quality in the squad rather than just 2.

But it's the players' fault this year. Whereas it was the manager's fault last year.

PISTOL1875
03-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Hope so,if Yogi still there he'll be needing a good full season fae Liam like,but if we lose Zouma and his creativity and he's not replaced i think people will be expecting a helluva lot more from Mr Miller? how many assists he got this season?

If Zemmama does go then you will need to add a creative midfielder onto the list for next season.. We have had no creativity in midfield since MZ has been out injured...

As I said , I'm pretty sure that we will see a different Liam Miller next season after the proper pre-season....

Toaods
03-05-2010, 11:21 AM

but G that doesn't address my point, which was that Yogi did not ensure he strengthened the weaker areas in the squad, whilst realising the result would slip.

For me, the performance level a Mowbray rattle son about is very important and Colin Hendry summed this season up very well IMHO

...."at the start of the season they (Hibs) were underachieving but getting results, now they are underachiving and not getting results."

Hibernia Na Eir
03-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Hughes is only part of the big problem at Hibs. The players are just not good enough. Huge clearoot required in summer. Would like to see a good few leave. I'll include Hogg, Bamba, Riordan in that. Please, someone come in with £1m for Riordan, would take it in a flash.
Yogi and Rice have done well transforming us into the new Falkirk.

Oscar Lomax
03-05-2010, 11:54 AM

:agree:

silverhibee
03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Managers who are sacked generally don't turn up to club functions later the same evening :cool2:

Or training the next morning.

onemcnamara
03-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Answer me this, Mixu got the bullet for a lack of poor results which is only right as your targeted on that being a manager, Hughes hasn't done a great deal better, Mixu managed results against the Yams, Hughes has failed on all accounts, so why shouldn't he be sacked?

Mixu got the bullet (and at the time I wasn't disappointed) after good battling draws against Rangers and Celtic - both going for the title - and an away win at Hearts - all in the last 5 games of the season. Looking back from where we are now they seem like the glory days.

seanraff07
03-05-2010, 12:24 PM

I agree, if people think Yogi deserves more time till people can slate him or whatever, then it should be the same for a player that is getting first-team football for the first time in about 2 or 3 years. They've both had the same trend this season, both doing brilliant at their jobs first half of the season but that has changed since February, i believe both should be given time, i believe Yogi can do a good job next season if he signs the correct players for the correct positions and i have no doubt in Miller's ability, he's already proven what a vital player he can be for us and i just believe it's the lack of first-team football over the last few years that has kicked in more recently. But after a decent pre-season i think the form Miller was in earlier this season, he can keep that up the whole season, hopefully preventing another dip in form in some way as i think that has been one of the factors as to why we havent been as good since February this year.

Carheenlea
03-05-2010, 12:46 PM

Are we, or are we not challenging for a European spot?

Hibby 2005
03-05-2010, 12:50 PM
I think the comparisons with Yogi and Mixu are a bit unfair. As far as I can recall Mixu never had a good patch, a good run of results. Yogi has but then he has also presided over a spectacularly bad sequence of results. The thing worrying Hibs fans at the moment is that many see it more likely that the last few months form will continue into next season and that the previous good spell will never come back.

Xmas/New Year is when the axe may finally fall.

Cropley10
03-05-2010, 01:01 PM

Are we - or are we not - making a total dog's dinner of qualifying for Europe, to the extent that we might well not!?

And does the situation change IF we finish in 6th on 50 points? :dunno:

erskine-hibby
03-05-2010, 01:06 PM

Are we or are we not dropping quicker than a whores knickers?.
The only thing stopping us going any further down is the split and the end of the season.
Yogi has done nothing to address our current form and must be praying thay the season is over sooner, rather than later, because if this went on, as it would IMHO (no reason at all to see otherwise), he would most certainly be out. Infact I would say that at any other football club he would be gone by now.
Yes the players have got alot to answer for too, but it is his job to sort it out, he hasn't and seems incapable of doing so, so for those reasons he should go...now!!

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 01:19 PM
But this year we have, by your own admission, 8 players of quality in the squad rather than just 2.

But it's the players' fault this year. Whereas it was the manager's fault last year.

I really dont know how clear i have to say things, but let me try once more. We have a decent 1st 11. Some good players, and some average. When they are fit, they are a match for most teams in the SPL, as was proved until we got the injuries and loss of form, or as i suppose you will say, got lucky. The players we bring in, are NOT GOOD ENOUGH. In my opinion, we need 5 new players for us to keep progressing. 2 full backs, a central defender, a central midfielder, and a target man.

erskine-hibby
03-05-2010, 01:23 PM
I really dont know how clear i have to say things, but let me try once more. We have a decent 1st 11. Some good players, and some average. When they are fit, they are a match for most teams in the SPL, as was proved until we got the injuries and loss of form, or as i suppose you will say, got lucky. The players we bring in, are NOT GOOD ENOUGH. In my opinion, we need 5 new players for us to keep progressing. 2 full backs, a central defender, a central midfielder, and a target man.

I agree....plus a manager:agree:

Alfred E Newman
03-05-2010, 01:41 PM

Just two more defeats and we are home and dry, provided Hearts don`t pick up 4 points that is. :wink:

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 02:21 PM

The main word being challenging, one or two are but not alot. I suppose you thought we were going to split the old firm aswell :rolleyes:

Phil MaGlass
03-05-2010, 02:25 PM
I think the comparisons with Yogi and Mixu are a bit unfair. As far as I can recall Mixu never had a good patch, a good run of results. Yogi has but then he has also presided over a spectacularly bad sequence of results. The thing worrying Hibs fans at the moment is that many see it more likely that the last few months form will continue into next season and that the previous good spell will never come back.

Xmas/New Year is when the axe may finally fall.

end of October me thinks

andudare2
03-05-2010, 02:29 PM

aye

Cropley10
03-05-2010, 02:31 PM

And what happens when the decent 11 don't play due to injuries, suspensions and so on?

Any manager has to work with and get the best from his squad, good, bad or indifferent.

Tell me though - how many teams aren't on the look out for FBs, CHs, CMs or Strikers....? That's nearly half a team! We might find two players we need, willing to come to a Club in freefall.

Yogi hasn't done anything to show he can improve a player, individually, nor the teams' performance - he doesn't adapt, before, during or after a game. Its Plan A, Plan A, Plan A - never mind who's he got fit/available or who we're playing. This worked for a while. It stopped working. And he persists with it. Just like Mixu did.

We've played well twice at home this season. Twice. Motherwell and Hamilton.

Carheenlea
03-05-2010, 03:03 PM
The main word being challenging, one or two are but not alot. I suppose you thought we were going to split the old firm aswell :rolleyes:

I must admit, I got caught up in the splitting the Old Firm hysteria, and obviously at my age I should really have known better for what was round the corner...

The season can`t end quick enough, but we STILL have something to play for, despite many fans throwing in the towel weeks ago.

Right now, the most important thing for us should be to try and somehow get a result at Fir Park and get back into 4th, and a European place would give us some sort of reward for our support during this calamitous run of form.

We have all summer to air our views on should Yogi stay or go, and who should be moved on etc, but can we not have a 6 day sabbatical on the post mortem for season 09/10? and instead do our bit for the next 2 games and get behind the team in good numbers starting at Fir Park and see if we can salvage something out this season.

Then let the post mortem begin.

Craig_in_Prague
03-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Maybe Hughes can get Chief Scout role, and we get a new manager. :greengrin

BEEJ
03-05-2010, 04:15 PM
OK and .......

... despite that the squad is in fact superior in quality to the one Mixu left us.

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 04:45 PM
OK and .......

... despite that the squad is in fact superior in quality to the one Mixu left us.

Superior my arse, slightly better, not by very much, just enough to have us challenging all season for Europe.

BEEJ
03-05-2010, 04:52 PM
OK and .......

Superior my arse, slightly better, not by very much, just enough to have us challenging all season for Europe.
So we lost two players of 'quality' last summer; Yogi has since brought in nine players and Zemmama returned from loan this season. Yet despite Yogi's signings the squad is not in fact that much better than this time last year? :confused:

I though you said we had 8 quality players in the current squad?
:wink:

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 05:02 PM
So we lost two players of 'quality' last summer; Yogi has since brought in nine players and Zemmama returned from loan this season. Yet despite Yogi's signings the squad is not in fact that much better than this time last year? :confused:

I though you said we had 8 quality players in the current squad?
:wink:

No i said we had 8 decent players, Zemamma and McBride have been injured far too much, Miller and Bamba faded, along with Wotherspoon. That brings it down to 3, the rest could not carry us through their injuries and dip in form. We do have better keepers, even allowing for saturday. Cregg and Galbraith are squad players, Stokes has paid his way. You take away any of our best players, and those that have to step in are just not very good. Work in progress.

BT58
03-05-2010, 07:54 PM
may i ask the following question?????
if the present manager was not a previous player,and CAPTAIN,of our beloved hibs,,,,,and he went on a run of say 2 wins in 16,,,,,,,,,lost 6 in the trot,,,,,
would we be saying
AYE,,,LETS GIVE HIM TILL DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NAH
im sorry but enuff is ENOUGH
IF, there had been a change in tactics, brought in more youngsters,ROTATED THE SQUAD,[bringing in thicot was miles late+surely a ch,not a rb]
i would say ok do give him a chance, but JH as ive stated before,other managers have now sussed how we play
ive got a logo with the hertz laffing stock cube on my phone
if hertz beat us to the last place in europe,,,,it wont be the tarts who will be THE LAFFING STOCK
hb

Hibby 2005
03-05-2010, 08:04 PM
No i said we had 8 decent players, Zemamma and McBride have been injured far too much, Miller and Bamba faded, along with Wotherspoon. That brings it down to 3, the rest could not carry us through their injuries and dip in form. We do have better keepers, even allowing for saturday. Cregg and Galbraith are squad players, Stokes has paid his way. You take away any of our best players, and those that have to step in are just not very good. Work in progress.

How long do you give the "work in progress"?

Imagine what Jeffries would have done with Petrie's backing.

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 08:06 PM
How long do you give the "work in progress"?

Imagine what Jeffries would have done with Petrie's backing.

3 more years at least.:pray:

erskine-hibby
03-05-2010, 08:14 PM
3 more years at least.:pray:

Shoot, we could be in the 2nd division by then and I bet there would still be some saying "give him time:blah::blah::blah:"

I don't want to keep changing managers, but we have to stop flogging this dead horse:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Shoot, we could be in the 2nd division by then and I bet there would still be some saying "give him time:blah::blah::blah:"

I don't want to keep changing managers, but we have to stop flogging this dead horse:rolleyes:

More hysterical pish.:bitchy:

erskine-hibby
03-05-2010, 08:28 PM
More hysterical pish.:bitchy:

No more than your hysterical pish about Mixu.:bitchy:

Both as bad, infact in many ways Yogi is worse, and both should go (well one already has).

Not one football club in any league, in any country would put up with what we have had to for months. A much worse run and performances than under Mixu and dare I say it... Duff Jimmy:agree:

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 08:45 PM
No more than your hysterical pish about Mixu.:bitchy:

Both as bad, infact in many ways Yogi is worse, and both should go (well one already has).

Not one football club in any league, in any country would put up with what we have had to for months. A much worse run and performances than under Mixu and dare I say it... Duff Jimmy:agree:

Aye, like i said he'd relegate us two divisions.:faf:

Gerard
03-05-2010, 08:50 PM
The idea of giving John Hughes the sack may have some merit but who could we reasonably expect to get as a replacement for him?
How long would that person get before he was sacked if there was no improvement in the football that our team are playing?

G

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 08:51 PM
The idea of giving John Hughes the sack may have some merit but who could we reasonably expect to get as a replacement for him?
How long would that person get before he was sacked if there was no improvement in the football that our team are playing?

G

Thats a very good question, one that has many answers.

Gerard
03-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Thats a very good question, one that has many answers.

Do you think that you could do the job as Hibs manager better than JH?:wink::devil:
How much would you want to be paid?:wink:

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Do you think that you could do the job as Hibs manager better than JH?:wink::devil:
How much would you want to be paid?:wink:

Of course i do, we all do don't we?

Gerard
03-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Of course i do, we all do don't we?

Yes, but can Hibs afford to pay our wages:thumbsup::greengrin:devil:
G

erskine-hibby
03-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Aye, like i said he'd relegate us two divisions.:faf:

Why not??

Looking at our 'form' and the results against lower league opposition, I think it is quite feasable that, if left in charge, that we could easily go down.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Why not??

Looking at our 'form' and the results against lower league opposition, I think it is quite feasable that, if left in charge, that we could easily go down.:agree:

Why not? You do know we will be allowed to get new players in this summer, and we will lose some dross. And you do know Yogi brought Falkirk up, and apart from last seasons nail biter, they consolidated at an SPL team.

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Yes, but can Hibs afford to pay our wages:thumbsup::greengrin:devil:
G

I'd do it for nowt, just the adulation of the fans.

Gerard
03-05-2010, 09:11 PM
I'd do it for nowt, just the adulation of the fans.

Sounds good to me....... but if you have a losing run, will you be able to cope with the abuse you will get from aome of our fans?:wink::thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
03-05-2010, 09:16 PM

Something funny? Are you are actually too stupid to see that we're still in the fight for European fitba? :bye::bye:

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Sounds good to me....... but if you have a losing run, will you be able to cope with the abuse you will get from aome of our fans?:wink::thumbsup:

Wouldn't happen.

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Something funny? Are you are actually too stupid to see that we're still in the fight for European fitba? :bye::bye:

To be fair, I think you are the stupid one!

We are not in any fight, but grasping on to the fact that others might do us a favour to see us scrape a European place!

You talk some crap.

Ed De Gramo
03-05-2010, 10:26 PM

We are not in any fight, but grasping on to the fact that others might do us a favour to see us scrape a European place!

You talk some crap.

Lets see.....

Motherwell 1pt ahead of us....we play them on wednesday...beat them and we're 4th...

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that we're fighting for 4th...:bye::bye::bye:

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Lets see.....

Motherwell 1pt ahead of us....we play them on wednesday...beat them and we're 4th...

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that we're fighting for 4th...:bye::bye::bye:

So we will beat Motherwell will we.

Cant help but admire your stupi........optimism

Ed De Gramo
03-05-2010, 10:31 PM
So we will beat Motherwell will we.

Cant help but admire your stupi........optimism

No reason why we shouldn't.....or is being positive not allowed on this messageboard anymore?

RickyS
03-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Wouldn't happen.

ah, the steven pressley school of management then?

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 10:34 PM
No reason why we shouldn't.....or is being positive not allowed on this messageboard anymore?

You can be as optimistic as you want and fair play to you for feeling that way.

Please tell me though, how the **** we we are going to get a point let alone a win?

Ed De Gramo
03-05-2010, 10:35 PM

Please tell me though, how the **** we we are going to get a point let alone a win?

grit, determination and a bit of luck....we have the players....they just need to get the finger out (for the first time in 13 weeks) :agree::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 10:38 PM
grit, determination and a bit of luck....we have the players....they just need to get the finger out (for the first time in 13 weeks) :agree::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ah right got you. So in othe words we have no chance!

RickyS
03-05-2010, 10:39 PM

im with you on this one BH, over the years Hibs have gradually chipped away at my optimism. I said at the split we would get no points and after the derby display my view has not changed. desperate to be wrong, but that bunch (well most of them) are devoid of idea's/cutting edge/confidence/professionalism.

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 10:57 PM
im with you on this one BH, over the years Hibs have gradually chipped away at my optimism. I said at the split we would get no points and after the derby display my view has not changed. desperate to be wrong, but that bunch (well most of them) are devoid of idea's/cutting edge/confidence/professionalism.

We are on on the same page Ricky:agree:

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Gramo

"This message has been deleted by Gramo. Reason: silly name calling....sorry BoltonHibee! "

Don't worry about it Gramo, I get called all sorts:greengrin

We are just all frustrated at the moment, we all want the same thing though at the end of the day :thumbsup:

erskine-hibby
04-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Why not? You do know we will be allowed to get new players in this summer, and we will lose some dross. And you do know Yogi brought Falkirk up, and apart from last seasons nail biter, they consolidated at an SPL team.

And all those points are positive with Yogi in charge????????????

KWJ
04-05-2010, 07:17 AM

We've been unlucky not to grab a point in every match since the split thus far.

down the slope
04-05-2010, 07:36 AM
We've been unlucky not to grab a point in every match since the split thus far.
Or we could have had even heavier defeats, surely we have to be better than getting lucky in every game, that's what happened at the start of the season.

hibhib7
04-05-2010, 10:40 AM
I've had enough of Yogi and am fed up with his naivety and lack of tactical awareness. Our players aren't half as bad as some people are making out but only need some help from the manager when we are trying to defend a lead. Continually leaving Nish on, when we need to beef up the midfield and get a bit of pace on, is hardly credible. To be fair to Nish, he is playing in a position that is better suited to a more mobile player and I believe he gives his all. It's all vey well for Hughes to blame the players but it's his sheer pigheadedness in not changing our formation that is leading to our defeats.

SalfordHibs
04-05-2010, 10:47 AM

One word deluded :agree:

Steve20
04-05-2010, 10:58 AM

I like your positive attitude. However, it's not one I share.

The reason we will not win is because we are rubbish and have a manager who hasn't got a clue how to change a game.

Gettin' Auld
04-05-2010, 11:18 AM

Are you talking to yourself? :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2010, 12:00 PM

You talk some crap.

Who do we need a favour from to get 4th place?

Another post to confirm you're in the 95%.

SalfordHibs
04-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Who do we need a favour from to get 4th place?

Another post to confirm you're in the 95%.

Are you stalking me :paranoid:

Removed
04-05-2010, 12:03 PM

:confused: How is Gramo deluded?

His post is factually correct.

SalfordHibs
04-05-2010, 12:06 PM
:confused: How is Gramo deluded?

His post is factually correct.

Hibs, Europe and he calls me stupid...you are in the 5% :bitchy:

Speedway
04-05-2010, 12:07 PM

Hibs are all about nae luck (because you make your own) nae grit ('scared of winning' :bitchy: ) nae determination.

They've been getting their finger out for weeks, they're just not very good as a team.

HibbyAndy
04-05-2010, 12:14 PM

You talk some crap.

Who are we looking at to do us a favour?

Its in Hibs hands.And we have a great chance to go to Motherwell and win..Yes we have been murder in recent weeks but motherwell have been nae great shakes either recently.

Pumped 4-0 at Celtic

Beat by bottom team falkirk at hame

Played against dundee utd for 80 minutes with a 1 man advantage and lost 3-0.

You better believe we can go to motherwell and win,AGAIN.

Saorsa
04-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Who are we looking at to do us a favour?

Its in Hibs hands.And we have a great chance to go to Motherwell and win..Yes we have been murder in recent weeks but motherwell have been nae great shakes either recently.

Pumped 4-0 at Celtic

Beat by bottom team falkirk at hame

Played against dundee utd for 80 minutes with a 1 man advantage and lost 3-0.

You better believe we can go to motherwell and win,AGAIN.Aye, well if Motherwell are needing a win as well, just like most others they'll be almost sure tae get it fae soft touch Hibs. I've seen enough tae believe we're more than likely tae come away with SFA.

HibbyAndy
04-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Aye, well if Motherwell are needing a win as well, just like most others they'll be almost sure tae get it fae soft touch Hibs. I've seen enough tae believe we're more than likely tae come away with SFA.

The Mothers on the coupon it is then :greengrin