PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Happy Albert Kidd Day

Mikey
03-05-2010, 08:19 AM
YouTube - albert kidd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zynaPt5COmY)

K.Marx
03-05-2010, 08:36 AM
:thumbsup:

Also if its any consolation, over on keekback they've just discovered the Edinburgh Derby isn't the most one sided derby in the history of the universe afterall (although this is by no means me being smug, i know we're still rotten)

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/72299-sad-news-edinburgh-derby-not-the-most-one-sided/ (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/72299-sad-news-edinburgh-derby-not-the-most-one-sided/)

Feel like I need a wash after venturing over there :jamboak:

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2010, 08:37 AM
All the best Sir Albert. :notworthy::notworthy:

matty_f
03-05-2010, 08:41 AM
What's this all about then? :confused:

lapsedhibee
03-05-2010, 08:58 AM
What's this all about then? :confused:

:agree: I don't get it. A player named Kidd once scored against Hearts? :confused:

matty_f
03-05-2010, 08:59 AM
:agree: I don't get it. A player named Kidd once scored against Hearts? :confused:

Is that in any way significant? Was it an important goal/goals?

lapsedhibee
03-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Is that in any way significant? Was it an important goal/goals?

And who is this Walter Mercer fellow? Was he disappointed in some way by what Kidd did? :dunno:

lapsedhibee
03-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Someone I do recognise in that vide-o is the person Hibs fans sometimes refer to as "Girfuy Mackay". I imagine that "Girfuy" is an affectionate diminutive of the traditional West Indian name "Garfield". But this puzzles me, as Mackay does not look very black. I wonder if he has some particular historical affinity with black people? :dunno:

JT Fae The Toon
03-05-2010, 10:23 AM
What jolly japes!

The thing is, we actually took the Championship to the wire that season and 7 days later played in the Scottish Cup Final. Granted, we lost both but at least we were there and there was no mid-season bottle crash or cup exit to some unfancied Highlanders - even after 2 attempts, the first one being at home.

You biggest glee is reserved for your rival's misfortune - maybe we should celebrate Kjell Olaffson Day? Nah - that would just be puerile.

I can feel your hurt - always in our shadow.:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
03-05-2010, 10:26 AM
God bless Sir Albert Of Kidd

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

1two
03-05-2010, 10:53 AM

Get tae **** ya muppet!

Yes, we got beat but doesn't mean you can come here and spout your pish!

lapsedhibee
03-05-2010, 10:58 AM
we actually took the Championship to the wire that season and 7 days later played in the Scottish Cup Final. Granted, we lost both

The plot thickens. Are you saying that this Albert Kidd fellow scored winners against Hearts in two consecutive games? Or was this second game against a different team? How did you get on? :dunno:

Phil MaGlass
03-05-2010, 11:07 AM
What jolly japes!

The thing is, we actually took the Championship to the wire that season and 7 days later played in the Scottish Cup Final. Granted, we lost both but at least we were there and there was no mid-season bottle crash or cup exit to some unfancied Highlanders - even after 2 attempts, the first one being at home.

You biggest glee is reserved for your rival's misfortune - maybe we should celebrate Kjell Olaffson Day? Nah - that would just be puerile.

Thing is numbnuts, yir bottle DID eventually crash and that my unwashed muppet believer was a bigger killer than losing the plot in the middle of the season.
In ten years time no Hibs fan or Hearts fans will have as vivid a memory of this season than they will of the season your BOTTLES crashed on the 2 last biggest games of your season. GIRFUY pink bus shelter dweller.
Oh aye, cannae wait til yir bottles again crash in the final of the champions league,with yir world cup stars and 400,000 yam monkeys.

seanraff07
03-05-2010, 11:10 AM
What mindless guy would post up such a meaningless event?:faf:

The Sea-gull
03-05-2010, 11:17 AM
What jolly japes!

Is a thread about Albert Kidd's dazzling double any different to Hearts fans' constant references in texts, emails, message boards, chants at games etc to Hibs not having won the Scottish cup since 1902?

See "your biggest glee is reserved for your rival's misfortune" comment above.

Granted doing either is a bit sad and purile but that is fitba banter for you.

hibbymac
03-05-2010, 11:38 AM
What jolly japes!

:lolyam: