PDA

View Full Version : if we do end with 8 defeats in a row.......

Wheat Hound
02-05-2010, 07:40 PM
And with that exceeding even duff jims run, will yogis position finally be untenable?

Dr_Regal
02-05-2010, 07:50 PM
yes it should be. There is something seriously wrong with us right now, the attitude of most of the players is a disgrace and it should be down to the manager to sort it out.Like other posters have said, we have sacked managers for a lot less.

noseyhibby
02-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Some will hope so. I grudgingly have to give him this summers transfer window as his very, very, very last chance to walk-the-walk after all his talk-the-talk.

Jim44
02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
If we lose the next two games, he should be shown the door immediately. Forgret about how poorly the players are just now, especially their attitude...............it has to be down to Hughes's bad management. Ok, it's embarrassing to have to change managers so often, but it's not as embarrassing as the depths to which he is dragging the club.

Wheat Hound
02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
yes it should be. There is something seriously wrong with us right now, the attitude of most of the players is a disgrace and it should be down to the manager to sort it out.Like other posters have said, we have sacked managers for a lot less.

I think at just about any other team in the league, this would be enough for manager to receive his jotters. However, rp and yogi appear, certainly outwardly, to be quite close, something which would never be thought of a year ago. Would rp sack his newest and bestest pal?

gorgie_harp
02-05-2010, 08:01 PM
And with that exceeding even duff jims run, will yogis position finally be untenable?

It is NOW.:grr:

joebakerforever
02-05-2010, 08:13 PM

Nope - under Duffy were at the wrong end of the table, whereas at worst we will end 2009/10 in sixth.

As usual the blinkered ones ignore the full season's results.

It would be plain daft to be looking for another Manager within such a short period.

Keep the faith and give him the opportunity to recruit & dispose of players of his choice for the first time.

But I do hope he gets rid off Mr Watt Nicoll whose so called motivational input is just a waste of dosh.

Jim44
02-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Nope - under Duffy were at the wrong end of the table, whereas at worst we will end 2009/10 in sixth.

It would be plain daft to be looking for another Manager within such a short period.

Keep the faith and give him the opportunity to recruit & dispose of players of his choice for the first time.

But I do hope he gets rid off Mr Watt Nicoll whose so called motivational input is just a waste of dosh.

God forbid he is still employing this charlatan in desperation. These gimmicky measures are fine for enhancing the quality and mindset of teams/players who are losing the edge a bit. He can do nothing for a team/players who have dropped off the radar and are in freefall. :bitchy:

woody47
02-05-2010, 08:23 PM

But will Yogi manage to get a brain transplant that gives him some tactical know how cos right now he could have the best Barca, Real amd Inter and he would still c0ck it up.

KeithTheHibby
02-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Even if we do lose the next 2 games and finish 6th then I seriously doubt he will be emptied.

The season is ending at the right time for Hughes, a run like that at the start of the season would see him on a shoogly peg.

If we carry on the poor performances in August he will be out the door by November I reckon.

Sir David Gray
02-05-2010, 08:39 PM
If we lose the next two games, which will subsequently mean that we'll have lost eight in a row, I think his position will be untenable. I think most managers, even those who are in charge of teams that are a lot smaller than Hibs, would be sacked after going on that kind of losing run.

However, I don't believe he'll be sacked at the end of the season. I think it will October/November time before his position is questioned by the board.

joebakerforever
02-05-2010, 08:41 PM
But will Yogi manage to get a brain transplant that gives him some tactical know how cos right now he could have the best Barca, Real amd Inter and he would still c0ck it up.

No bad for a brainless one to end up at least sixth in the league for his first season in charge :wink:

Maybe all the tactical geniuses on here should kindly offer their services to Rod instead :blah:

hibsmum
02-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Even if we do lose the next 2 games and finish 6th then I seriously doubt he will be emptied.

The season is ending at the right time for Hughes, a run like that at the start of the season would see him on a shoogly peg.

If we carry on the poor performances in August he will be out the door by November I reckon.

Other managers now know that he doesn't know how to change a game, where does that leave us next season?

erskine-hibby
02-05-2010, 08:45 PM
If we lose the next two games, he should be shown the door immediately. Forgret about how poorly the players are just now, especially their attitude...............it has to be down to Hughes's bad management. Ok, it's embarrassing to have to change managers so often, but it's not as embarrassing as the depths to which he is dragging the club.

Absobloodylutely:agree:

Even if we manage to get a point or two from the last games he should be booted IMHO, the second half of this season has been relegation material and can't be let go on into next.

erskine-hibby
02-05-2010, 08:47 PM
If we lose the next two games, which will subsequently mean that we'll have lost eight in a row, I think his position will be untenable. I think most managers, even those who are in charge of teams that are a lot smaller than Hibs, would be sacked after going on that kind of losing run.

However, I don't believe he'll be sacked at the end of the season. I think it will October/November time before his position is questioned by the board.

If that is the case then the board should follow him out the door:agree:

Atalanta
02-05-2010, 10:00 PM
All managers go through difficult spells but the clever ones are those that recognise the problems and take steps to change things around. If we look back over the last few months we have sufferred from the same problems time after time.

1. Same formation match after match
2. Inability to recognise the need to make substitutions when the team is struggling.
3. Adding forwards when the team is in the lead rather than shoring things up to see out the match.
4. Sticking with players who are either out of form, out of their depth, or not interested in playing for Hibs rather than freshening the team up

It strikes me that Yogi hasn't got the intelligence to be able to recognise what needs to be done to turn things round. I suspect he is just hoping that suddenly something will just happen and things will turn round rather than him making changes to influence the team's performance.

If Rod Petrie doesn't act decisively now and gwet rid of him at the end of the season we are in real danger of becoming next seasons Falkirk facing a relegation battle from the very start.

Alfred E Newman
02-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Give the fact that we will kick off next season with 2 away games and several suspensions it is possible that the run of defeats could reach double figures.

HFC 0-7
02-05-2010, 10:40 PM
No bad for a brainless one to end up at least sixth in the league for his first season in charge :wink:

Maybe all the tactical geniuses on here should kindly offer their services to Rod instead :blah:

So if we lose the next 2 games, after spending all the money and bringing in 10 players we will only have 3 more points than the last manager who was sacked and will probably be finishing in the same position.

I dont think Rod will be too chuffed after splashing the cash on 10 new players only for the team to go on such a bad run, pumped oot the cup to Ross County and finish 3 points ahead of the last managers attempt!

RickyS
02-05-2010, 11:04 PM

the boys have been excellent all season! gave him everything in every game! canny fault them. aye ok the last 6-8 weeks have been no as good as we wid hope. but the 5% of the Hibs support who know anything about anything know where I want to take this team.

Diclonius
02-05-2010, 11:23 PM

So did Mixu.

houston1875
02-05-2010, 11:39 PM
somebody on here posted a long time ago,that wee wouldnt win any more games this season,great judge!!

what he predict for next season plz

saying that whats his predicton for wednesday night,need to rape the bookies for some notes!!

BoltonHibee
03-05-2010, 12:16 AM
somebody on here posted a long time ago,that wee wouldnt win any more games this season,great judge!!

what he predict for next season plz

saying that whats his predicton for wednesday night,need to rape the bookies for some notes!!

Bottom of the table by October and then some action taken.

Unfortunately too little too late (another transitional season, great aren't they)

Alfred E Newman
03-05-2010, 06:42 AM
So if we lose the next 2 games, after spending all the money and bringing in 10 players we will only have 3 more points than the last manager who was sacked and will probably be finishing in the same position.

I dont think Rod will be too chuffed after splashing the cash on 10 new players only for the team to go on such a bad run, pumped oot the cup to Ross County and finish 3 points ahead of the last managers attempt!

No he wasn`t, he resigned. Would Yogi do the same thing? I don`t think so.

loanheadhibby
03-05-2010, 07:08 AM
surely he will do the honourable thing today and fall on his own sword.

I hate to say it but if he does manage to sneak a win over the next 2 games it will put a gloss on a terrible 2nd half to the season.

What also worries me if Yogi does not know how/when to change things, what is Rice and Evans bringing to the party? Are they not man enough to tell Yogi he needs to learn. Or are they just puppets for Yogi?

down the slope
03-05-2010, 07:18 AM
What's better to have on your CV , resigned or sacked ?. He should go now for his own sake and to preserve whatever is left of his reputation. It seems some posters think that he should get longer and suggest we can't go on shedding managers in the way we do but what about our last three managers who were all so good they are still unemployed !. It makes you wonder if Rod has the ability to spot the right man and maybe his post should come under more scrutiny after all he takes a fair whack as a wage from us and has delivered virtually nowt on the playing side of things at ER.

hibs0666
03-05-2010, 07:23 AM

We have previous - sixth was ample enough to see Mixu emptied, and we even managed to give the yams a decent game last season.

hibsbollah
03-05-2010, 07:24 AM
the boys have been excellent all season! gave him everything in every game! canny fault them. aye ok the last 6-8 weeks have been no as good as we wid hope. but the 5% of the Hibs support who know anything about anything know where I want to take this team.

'The boys have been fantastic for me. I know I say that every week but we've just goat to take it oan the chin and keep going':blah: