PDA

View Full Version : Yogi,Gow

18/03/07
02-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Why Gow in front Benji?
A guy thats hardly played and yogi plays him in front of Benji,I'm not a Benji fan but * me,Gow? why no Byrne on bench either? An also if Mcann not fit why was he on the bench(Hogg injury)

emmjayfox
02-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Alas, only 5% of the paying customer can give you the answer to that one. :agree:

Toaods
02-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Alas, only 5% of the paying customer can give you the answer to that one. :agree:

:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Is Benji any good in right midfield?

And McCann's been tried out at CH before as well IIRC...

18/03/07
02-05-2010, 07:45 PM

McCann yeah has been tried out at CH not very good,but Thicot could have moved into CH an McCann RB,Benji yes he can play in midfield(Deek can)

Cool_Hand_Luke
02-05-2010, 07:46 PM

Is Gow? :greengrin

Dont think Benji would have been the sub to make at that time (he should have been on for Nish but thats another thread)

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2010, 07:50 PM
McCann yeah has been tried out at CH not very good,but Thicot could have moved into CH an McCann RB,Benji yes he can play in midfield(Deek can)

Oh so you you'd have shifted folk about to get McCann on and played Benji out of position.

If Yogi had done that he'd have been slaughtered.

Dirkster23
02-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Oh so you you'd have shifted folk about to get McCann on and played Benji out of position.

Thicot was aready out of position, he's a CH not a right back.

Yogi brought Gow on to play on the right side of midfield, is he not a striker/left sided player?

18/03/07
02-05-2010, 08:00 PM

So Thicots never played CH then? And Benji never played in the middle off the park? I'm not saying McCann should have been put on but why was he on the bench if he was not fit,Hogg was not fit to continue Imho,but thats just ne

skipster7
02-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Is Gow? :greengrin

Dont think Benji would have been the sub to make at that time (he should have been on for Nish but thats another thread)
imo he should have been on for stokes with another midfielder replacing nish because both seemed to be blowing out their arse after an hour.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2010, 08:03 PM
So Thicots never played CH then? And Benji never played in the middle off the park? I'm not saying McCann should have been put on but why was he on the bench if he was not fit,Hogg was not fit to continue Imho,but thats just ne

Thicot's played CH before. :agree: I never said he hadn't.

Who said Hogg wasn't fit to continue? Obviously not him, the physio or the doctor.

When's Benji played right midfield? Are you now saying you wanted him in the middle of the park - when has he ever played there? And when was the last time he was effective in ANY position?

JoeT_WasTheBest
02-05-2010, 08:09 PM

Who said Hogg wasn't fit to continue? Obviously not him, the physio or the doctor.

When's Benji played right midfield? Are you now saying you wanted him in the middle of the park - when has he ever played there? And when was the last time he was effective in ANY position?

:agree:

No point letting facts like that get in the way of a good argument though.

woody47
02-05-2010, 08:18 PM

And Gow is left footed! :bitchy:

18/03/07
02-05-2010, 08:18 PM

DH,I think you are a decent poster on here but come on,Hogg was not fit continue the game yesterday,I think Wotherspoon got an injury and thats why he got subbed,an in my opinion i thought Benji would have been a better sub than Gow, who in my opinion has done the square root off f"ck all since he come to ER,but in saying that the guy has been injured a fair bit

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2010, 08:21 PM
And Gow is left footed! :bitchy:

Ian Murray's right footed.

DH,I think you are a decent poster on here but come on,Hog was not fit continue the game yesterday,I think Wotherspoon got an injury and thats why he got subbed,an in my opinion i thought Benji would have been a better sub than Gow, who in my opinion has done the square root off f"ck all since he come to ER,but in saying that the uy has been injured a fair bit

Hogg done ok after he hurt his arm - I can see why Yogi didn't change it.

I think Galbraith would've been a better sub for Wotherspoon and Gow could've come on for Nish.

Violater
02-05-2010, 08:23 PM
DH,I think you are a decent poster on here but come on,Hogg was not fit continue the game yesterday,I think Wotherspoon got an injury and thats why he got subbed,an in my opinion i thought Benji would have been a better sub than Gow, who in my opinion has done the square root off f"ck all since he come to ER,but in saying that the guy has been injured a fair bit

Sorry but i would have put Galbraith on the right ahead of Benji,what does Danny have to do to get a game?

18/03/07
02-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Sorry but i would have put Galbraith on the right ahead of Benji,what does Danny have to do to get a game?
Sorry I forgot about Danny,but I think Yogi has to

Diclonius
02-05-2010, 08:29 PM

One of JC's tactical masterclasses IIRC. :greengrin

18/03/07
02-05-2010, 08:34 PM

I think Galbraith would've been a better sub for Wotherspoon and Gow could've come on for Nish.
In my opinion Hogg should have been off with his injury,fair dues to him to continue,but he has had serious back probs for about 6 weeks now and another injury during the game(and I think Hogg has been brill since 2006)didn't help him

hibsbollah
02-05-2010, 08:40 PM
And when was the last time he was effective in ANY position?

Ehh, two weeks ago? and most other occasions when he's been introduced this season.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Ehh, two weeks ago? and most other occasions when he's been introduced this season.

Are we still talking about Benji?

woody47
02-05-2010, 08:46 PM

And he knows how to use his left whereas Gow uses his right to stop him falling over. :bitchy:

fife hfc
02-05-2010, 08:54 PM
I could not believe Yogi yesterday. Stokes struggling and it was clear he needed to be replaced. When Wotherspoon was injured why bring on Gow and as said above Nish was struggling near the end as well but Yogi refused to replace them.

I would have replaced Wotherspoon with Cregg to add bite to the midfield, instead he brings on Gow and weakens this area of the team even further as he did not track back or tackle :grr: Nish and Stokes should have been replaced by Benji and Galbraith for fresh legs and added pace and somebody who can hold the ball up. I could not believe he brought on Gow and it seriously weakened us in midfield and therefore defence. Yogi tried to be too smart and not use commonsense and it backfired on him. Thank you Yogi

silverhibee
02-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Why Gow in front Benji?
A guy thats hardly played and yogi plays him in front of Benji,I'm not a Benji fan but f"ck me,Gow? why no Byrne on bench either? An also if Mcann not fit why was he on the bench(Hogg injury)

Dont be surprised if Gow starts the game on Wednesday, i have heard that Yogi has asked the board to get Gow signed up to Hibs for the next few seasons, imo he will be Riordans replacement when Deeks is sold in the summer, Yogi rates Gow and wants to keep him at the club after his loan deal is finished. Just something i have heard.

hibsbollah
02-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Are we still talking about Benji?

Yes.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Yes.

I can't remember him doing much in the game at Parkhead. What did I miss?

Cool_Hand_Luke
02-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Dont be surprised if Gow starts the game on Wednesday, i have heard that Yogi has asked the board to get Gow signed up to Hibs for the next few seasons, imo he will be Riordans replacement when Deeks is sold in the summer, Yogi rates Gow and wants to keep him at the club after his loan deal is finished. Just something i have heard.

If true, then i really hope Yogi is not here to let this happen...

Have no problem with Gow signing - he may be good he may not...not seen enough of him to form an opinion - but it should be as an addition to the squad and not a replacement for one of our better players :bitchy:

Toaods
02-05-2010, 09:22 PM

can see why Yogi would want that, as Gow is the left sided grafter with flair who rarely misses a game and usually scores every other match he's been looking for.

:cool2:

Cool_Hand_Luke
02-05-2010, 09:24 PM
can see why Yogi would want that, as Gow is the left sided grafter with flair who rarely misses a game and usually scores every other match he's been looking for.

Will this mean Galbraith doesn't get a look in for another few seasons :dunno:

Alfred E Newman
02-05-2010, 09:39 PM

Up untill Saturday I didn`t think it was possible to see a slower more cumbersome player than McCormack, till Gow came on. He looked knackered after running on to the park.

yekimevol
02-05-2010, 10:46 PM
i believe that it is yoig trying to justify his signings ! he brought gow so gow goes in front of benji, byrne, galbraith(mixu signing i have been told by my friends and many of them) the same as at the start of the season when maka as of then had not put a foot wrong stack was put in goals after one apperance in the cup as the number one i can understand the need to put stack in for the cup but to replace a keeper who went down to england keeped two clean sheets and was playing well is not a good message to send out to him.

NaeTechnoHibby
02-05-2010, 11:43 PM

If any of this this transpires I will be serously hacked oaf :grr:

He might rate him and I dinnae, and if any board or manager could think that Gow could remotely replace Riordan ,,they need their heads examined by more than the louse nurse :grr:

I might just be firing an email to Hibs anytime soon... dinae caee what address I'll send it to all of them :agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
02-05-2010, 11:59 PM
two ex Falkirk, and a team packed with ex Falkirk.

crappy stuff from an ex falkirk old take crap outfit. Yogi- GTF

Good Hibee aye, but

see ya

Hibernia Na Eir
03-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Benji is a ***** player and waste of a jersey

get rid:agree:

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 08:07 AM

no they cant as they dont say anything:wink:

IWasThere2016
03-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Gow for Deeks - ffs. Yogi's a complete plum if this happens!

cabbageandribs1875
03-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Will this mean Galbraith doesn't get a look in for another few seasons :dunno:

yogi will probably give him a shot at the RB position