PDA

View Full Version : Player of the season

Diclonius
02-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Your choice?

RickyS
02-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Your choice?

considering not many knew he existed, ive gone for Wotherspoon.

noseyhibby
02-05-2010, 06:43 PM
It's Murray for me. He has been our most consistent in terms of fight and a desire to WIN!

hibsbollah
02-05-2010, 06:46 PM
In the first half of the season it could have been any from Zemmama, McBride, Wotherspoon or Miller. Since then, those four have either got injured or lost all form as the team have disintegrated, so it has to be Stokes for his goals.

Sir David Gray
02-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Stokes or Riordan.

It scares me to think where we might be right now without their goals.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2010, 06:51 PM
IMO a player of the year should be picked over a whole season and quite frankly no one has done anything snce late December to deserve it. If i had to choose it would be Stokes purely based on his goals but in the last fewmonths his attitude has been awful so i'm not even voting for him.

--------
02-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Where's the "none of the above" option? :cool2:

Darth Hibbie
02-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Possibles

Murray - Consistent all season and even through this spell he has been reliable

Wotherspoon - An amazing start to his career. Played out of position but has adapted brilliantly. Ran out of steam a bit now hopefully will be an essential part of the team next season.

Stokes - 20 goals cannot be sniffed at.

Bamba - Totally solid first half of the season and was starting to get the form back before his suspension.

Deeks - again 15 goals from midfield not the easiest.

Overall though I am going to say Spoony just pips Murray as Murray has performed as we expect him to whereas Spoony has performed beyond expectations.

PS I reserve the right to change my mind should Stokes or Deeks (or any of the above for that matter) score a couple of hat-tricks in the last 2 games.

K.Marx
02-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Kevin McCann. Hasn't made a single mistake all season :greengrin

PiemanP
02-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Without deeks or stokes' goals we'd be fighting a relegation scrap at the moment.

Think stokes just shades it.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2010, 07:47 PM
IMO a player of the year should be picked over a whole season

It wil be. We've had a POTM poll every month on here - the votes will be totalled to get the POTY.

Without deeks or stokes' goals we'd be fighting a relegation scrap at the moment.

That assumes their replacements wouldn't have scored though doesn't it?

essexhibee
02-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Has to be stokes. 21 goals with little support service and in a poor team? Now thats player of the year material. Scored some big goals aswell.

erskine-hibby
02-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Stokes or Riordan.

It scares me to think where we might be right now without their goals.

:agree::agree:

Scary stuff right enough, that's why, for me, Stokes gets the nod.

LaMotta
02-05-2010, 09:27 PM
:agree::agree:

Scary stuff right enough, that's why, for me, Stokes gets the nod.

Stokes as well for me.

The fact that Ian Murray is in the lead in this pole highlights just how p1sh we've been this year.

mim
02-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Deek for me.

Considering he is playing left midfield, his goalscoring rate is tremendous.

Riordans Boots
02-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Deek for me.

Considering he is playing left midfield, his goalscoring rate is tremendous.

Amen :agree:

TheBall'sRound
02-05-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm actually stunned that anyone can see past Murray for this - the only consistent player we've had all season. Stokes and Riordan have scored goals but have been either great or rubbish and rarely played more than 2 games in a row at a consistently good level.

Noone even comes close to being as steady and impressive as Murray.

Dunbar Hibee
02-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Ian Murray by a country mile. Mr Hibs.

Dunbar Hibee
02-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Stokes as well for me.

The fact that Ian Murray is in the lead in this pole highlights just how p1sh we've been this year.

How:confused:

Calvin
02-05-2010, 10:06 PM
How:confused:

Because he is the best yet has not been particularly outstanding.

Dunbar Hibee
02-05-2010, 10:08 PM

I disagree. Think he has been immense this season !

Calvin
02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
I disagree. Think he has been immense this season !

It's all relative I suppose!

LaMotta
02-05-2010, 10:57 PM

Exactly Calvino.

He's not a gifted footballer - but what he does have is superb work rate and he gets steamed in to challenges. He'll never let you down, and is always consistent.

The fact that this type of player has possibly been our best player of the season sums up the general crapness of it all.

bringbackjoeT!!
02-05-2010, 11:06 PM
I have never really understood the Ian Murray love in, he is a decent player but I think he is defencively niave, his distribution is often extremly ropey and far too often he dives in hot headed and he majorly lacks pace. I cannot fault his effort and commitment but much like Hogg who gets bucket loads of stick I think he just lacks a bit of quality but unlike others he seems immune to any criticism.

It seems just because he rashly flies into tackles and occasionally takes the ball instead of the man, fans seem to think he is a legend but when Hogg does the same he is recless and useless