View Full Version : New away kit

AugustaHibs
02-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Heard from a very reliable source our new away is something completely diffrent from anything we have ever done before . Watch this spAce

02-05-2010, 02:33 PM
What is it then? I hate all this 'got from a source watch this space' pish just come out with it man :greengrin

K.Marx
02-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Heard from a very reliable source our new away is something completely diffrent from anything we have ever done before .

Maroon? :greengrin

02-05-2010, 02:43 PM
I remember a while ago a guy on a Celtc board told everyone we were going with Puma, this turned out to be true. He also said our new away kit would make their bumblebee number look tame and that it would be released in May. Hibs have thus far confirmed our away kit will be released before the end of the season so i think this guy could have been onto something.

Actually wouldn't mind something a bit different as i find black and white away kits boring. Hoping for purple and luminous yellow hoops or striped personally.:wink:

sauzee
02-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Heard from a very reliable source our new away is something completely diffrent from anything we have ever done before . Watch this spAce

how long for ???

02-05-2010, 02:46 PM

:agree: Wings and a fin on the back apparently.

02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Maroon? :greengrin

The away kit is mint green actually.

02-05-2010, 03:06 PM
I heard our away kit was going to be hoops.:bitchy:

02-05-2010, 03:07 PM

Mint green hoops

SloopJB
02-05-2010, 03:09 PM
I hope some consideration is given to research regarding the colour and design of strips and the affect on the ability to pick a pass to a team mate.
There are suggestions that some strips make players stand out more against the stadium backdrop and pitch than others do.

Anything if it'll help

02-05-2010, 03:14 PM

Not got a problme with hoops TBH. We had them before that manky shower from Glasgow. THink hooped shirts look pretty smart actually.

02-05-2010, 03:16 PM
The story has been up on here for a few days now.

Another benefit of Private Membership :greengrin

02-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I hope some consideration is given to research regarding the colour and design of strips and the affect on the ability to pick a pass to a team mate.
There are suggestions that some strips make players stand out more against the stadium backdrop and pitch than others do.

Anything if it'll help

Passing to a team-mate? Radical idea. :rolleyes:

New strip may be one of these:

http://www.patenthawk.com/blog_images/numpties2.jpg

02-05-2010, 03:19 PM

Not got a problme with hoops TBH. We had them before that manky shower from Glasgow. THink hooped shirts look pretty smart actually.

Yep, it depends what colour they are and whether the two blend or not really.

02-05-2010, 03:59 PM
:agree: Wings and a fin on the back apparently.

Yeh, but is it sky blue?

02-05-2010, 04:03 PM
The story has been up on here for a few days now.

Another benefit of Private Membership :greengrin

Clearly I don't read the boards thuroughly enough... *pops of to the PM board*

:hnet:

02-05-2010, 04:32 PM
I heard it was all Mint green with a YELLOW streak down the back :greengrin

02-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeh, but is it sky blue?

We can only hope. :pray:

02-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Mint green hoops like Pacer chews? They were great, tho not as good as a Splicer - now theres a design for an away top.

02-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Colin Nish is modelling it for us here

http://www.clantynker.com/images/gallery/Sam-Sad-ClownLG.jpg (http://www.clantynker.com/images/gallery/Sam-Sad-ClownLG.jpg)

02-05-2010, 04:51 PM

Is it yellow to match the useless cowardly ba55as that we have playing for us

02-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Is it yellow to match the useless cowardly ba55as that we have playing for us

02-05-2010, 06:19 PM

Go back 2 or 3 pages to thread titled "Puma it is" and two posters within a minute (28th at 11ish )say what the strip is.

ruthven_raiders
02-05-2010, 06:37 PM
lime/mint green mmmmmmmh if the shorts are the same colour defo a bit over the top, black shorts would make it acceptable! i like the look of portugals away strip for the world cup

02-05-2010, 07:04 PM
I have a friends who works for the Puma techincal depatment and he said that they had been developing a brand new technology for the new Hibs strips a while back.

Apparantley once we concede a goal the strips does three things:

1) It blends in with the surrounding environment, the Chameleon effect - thus making it harder for opposition players to see our players but even harder for our team to find their own team mates with a pass

2) It looses its mass so it is actually possible for opposition players to run THROUGH any player wearing our strip as if they aren't actually there

3) When a player steps foot into the penalty box an electromagnet automatically starts pulling our goalkeeper off his line to collide with said defender

Now, I was told yesterday that the strip technology had already been trialled since about Christmas time...

02-05-2010, 07:15 PM
I have a friends who works for the Puma techincal depatment and he said that they had been developing a brand new technology for the new Hibs strips a while back.

Apparantley once we concede a goal the strips does three things:

1) It blends in with the surrounding environment, the Chameleon effect - thus making it harder for opposition players to see our players but even harder for our team to find their own team mates with a pass

2) It looses its mass so it is actually possible for opposition players to run THROUGH any player wearing our strip as if they aren't actually there

3) When a player steps foot into the penalty box an electromagnet automatically starts pulling our goalkeeper off his line to collide with said defender

Now, I was told yesterday that the strip technology had already been trialled since about Christmas time...

They strips dinnae sound brave enough to me! :grr:

02-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Mint green sounds not too bad

francobaresi
02-05-2010, 08:22 PM

Are they going to put real footballers in the strip next season?:wink:

03-05-2010, 07:35 AM
I believe that we'll have more information on it later this morning :wink:

03-05-2010, 08:16 AM
I believe that we'll have more information on it later this morning :wink:

More information than it's made by Puma and it's mint green? :greengrin

03-05-2010, 08:17 AM
More information than it's made by Puma and it's mint green? :greengrin

AugustaHibs
03-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Also heard it will be released today

03-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Also heard it will be released today

It will be in the papers today!

Its all mint green, black short and don't know what colour of socks.:agree:

CMac1988
03-05-2010, 09:16 AM
http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/

EDIT* Just noticed this posted elsewhere :)

03-05-2010, 09:27 AM
The away kit is mint green actually.