PDA

View Full Version : New away kit

AugustaHibs
02-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Heard from a very reliable source our new away is something completely diffrent from anything we have ever done before . Watch this spAce

Dunbar Hibee
02-05-2010, 02:33 PM
What is it then? I hate all this 'got from a source watch this space' pish just come out with it man :greengrin

K.Marx
02-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Heard from a very reliable source our new away is something completely diffrent from anything we have ever done before .

Maroon? :greengrin

Pretty Boy
02-05-2010, 02:43 PM
I remember a while ago a guy on a Celtc board told everyone we were going with Puma, this turned out to be true. He also said our new away kit would make their bumblebee number look tame and that it would be released in May. Hibs have thus far confirmed our away kit will be released before the end of the season so i think this guy could have been onto something.

Actually wouldn't mind something a bit different as i find black and white away kits boring. Hoping for purple and luminous yellow hoops or striped personally.:wink:

sauzee
02-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Heard from a very reliable source our new away is something completely diffrent from anything we have ever done before . Watch this spAce

how long for ???

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2010, 02:46 PM

:agree: Wings and a fin on the back apparently.

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Maroon? :greengrin

The away kit is mint green actually.

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 03:06 PM
I heard our away kit was going to be hoops.:bitchy:

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2010, 03:07 PM

Mint green hoops

SloopJB
02-05-2010, 03:09 PM
I hope some consideration is given to research regarding the colour and design of strips and the affect on the ability to pick a pass to a team mate.
There are suggestions that some strips make players stand out more against the stadium backdrop and pitch than others do.

Anything if it'll help

Pretty Boy
02-05-2010, 03:14 PM

:agree:

Not got a problme with hoops TBH. We had them before that manky shower from Glasgow. THink hooped shirts look pretty smart actually.

Barney McGrew
02-05-2010, 03:16 PM
The story has been up on here for a few days now.

Another benefit of Private Membership :greengrin

--------
02-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I hope some consideration is given to research regarding the colour and design of strips and the affect on the ability to pick a pass to a team mate.
There are suggestions that some strips make players stand out more against the stadium backdrop and pitch than others do.

Anything if it'll help

Passing to a team-mate? Radical idea. :rolleyes:

New strip may be one of these:

http://www.patenthawk.com/blog_images/numpties2.jpg

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 03:19 PM
:agree:

Not got a problme with hoops TBH. We had them before that manky shower from Glasgow. THink hooped shirts look pretty smart actually.

Yep, it depends what colour they are and whether the two blend or not really.

Keith_M
02-05-2010, 03:59 PM
:agree: Wings and a fin on the back apparently.

Yeh, but is it sky blue?

:wink:

danhibees1875
02-05-2010, 04:03 PM
The story has been up on here for a few days now.

Another benefit of Private Membership :greengrin

Clearly I don't read the boards thuroughly enough... *pops of to the PM board*

:hnet:

The_Sauz
02-05-2010, 04:32 PM
I heard it was all Mint green with a YELLOW streak down the back :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeh, but is it sky blue?

:wink:

We can only hope. :pray:

Hibby70
02-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Mint green hoops like Pacer chews? They were great, tho not as good as a Splicer - now theres a design for an away top.

truehibernian
02-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Colin Nish is modelling it for us here

http://www.clantynker.com/images/gallery/Sam-Sad-ClownLG.jpg (http://www.clantynker.com/images/gallery/Sam-Sad-ClownLG.jpg)

Phil MaGlass
02-05-2010, 04:51 PM

Is it yellow to match the useless cowardly ba55as that we have playing for us

RickyS
02-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Is it yellow to match the useless cowardly ba55as that we have playing for us
:top marks

scoopyboy
02-05-2010, 06:19 PM

Go back 2 or 3 pages to thread titled "Puma it is" and two posters within a minute (28th at 11ish )say what the strip is.

ruthven_raiders
02-05-2010, 06:37 PM
lime/mint green mmmmmmmh if the shorts are the same colour defo a bit over the top, black shorts would make it acceptable! i like the look of portugals away strip for the world cup

Iain G
02-05-2010, 07:04 PM
I have a friends who works for the Puma techincal depatment and he said that they had been developing a brand new technology for the new Hibs strips a while back.

Apparantley once we concede a goal the strips does three things:

1) It blends in with the surrounding environment, the Chameleon effect - thus making it harder for opposition players to see our players but even harder for our team to find their own team mates with a pass

2) It looses its mass so it is actually possible for opposition players to run THROUGH any player wearing our strip as if they aren't actually there

3) When a player steps foot into the penalty box an electromagnet automatically starts pulling our goalkeeper off his line to collide with said defender

Now, I was told yesterday that the strip technology had already been trialled since about Christmas time...

IWasThere2016
02-05-2010, 07:15 PM
I have a friends who works for the Puma techincal depatment and he said that they had been developing a brand new technology for the new Hibs strips a while back.

Apparantley once we concede a goal the strips does three things:

1) It blends in with the surrounding environment, the Chameleon effect - thus making it harder for opposition players to see our players but even harder for our team to find their own team mates with a pass

2) It looses its mass so it is actually possible for opposition players to run THROUGH any player wearing our strip as if they aren't actually there

3) When a player steps foot into the penalty box an electromagnet automatically starts pulling our goalkeeper off his line to collide with said defender

Now, I was told yesterday that the strip technology had already been trialled since about Christmas time...

They strips dinnae sound brave enough to me! :grr:

Vini1875
02-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Mint green sounds not too bad

francobaresi
02-05-2010, 08:22 PM

Are they going to put real footballers in the strip next season?:wink:

Barney McGrew
03-05-2010, 07:35 AM
I believe that we'll have more information on it later this morning :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2010, 08:16 AM
I believe that we'll have more information on it later this morning :wink:

More information than it's made by Puma and it's mint green? :greengrin

Barney McGrew
03-05-2010, 08:17 AM
More information than it's made by Puma and it's mint green? :greengrin

:greengrin

AugustaHibs
03-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Also heard it will be released today

1two
03-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Also heard it will be released today

It will be in the papers today!

Its all mint green, black short and don't know what colour of socks.:agree:

CMac1988
03-05-2010, 09:16 AM
http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/

EDIT* Just noticed this posted elsewhere :)

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2010, 09:27 AM
The away kit is mint green actually.

:greengrin